Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

12 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

Outside of the Injustice 2, TMNT, I havent kept up with TMNT in games.

Hopefully, it will be good. 

To be fair there hasn’t been many tmnt games in the last decade or so. I think the last one they made was based on the 2012 series. Before that was a game based off the CGI movie. 

Oh yeah, this finally looks like the TMNT game most fans have been waiting for.  I'm already sold on it from the trailer, basically.

Oddly enough, the franchise was on my mind lately since my regular Walmart got in some more Arcade 1up machines recently, and the TMNT arcade machine happens to be one of them...the temptation to buy it has been off the charts 😳 I wasn't sure I could resist it much longer... every time I browse the games section...it and the Ms. Pacman machine are there, calling out to my soul.

Kingdoms of Amalur...

My 2nd character is well on his way... "Vermeer", the untrustworthy level 9 rogue...always quick to stab anyone in the back first chance he gets.... currently a new Pledgeshield with the Warsworn.  Would they be foolish enough to trust him?  Little did they know... Vermeer had just slaughtered an entire village at the behest of one dark fae known only as the "Widow"....all for a meager amount of gold and a cheap weapon.  They had no idea what kind of monster they just welcomed into their ranks on that fateful day...

Edited by MillionX
41 minutes ago, iStu X said:

What made you think it was going to be garbage? It’s made by the same people who made Panzer Paladin. Which is an amazing game 

This was as I was reading it.  I haven't had much faith in TMNT titles for awhile so my first thought was that it was gonna be garbage but then I saw that SoR4 peeps were involved and did a 180.  Gameplay looks good so far def want to see more though. 

I checked wiki

The last game before Injustice 2 I played was a downloadable game for x360 called "Out of the Shadows".(Not to be confused  with the 2016 film lol)

It was a 3d beat em up and  came out in 2013.

It had some interesting combat and action elements but the game was super glitchy and lacked polish.

The turtles had group specials and it seemed to be loosely based on the 2012 show (with all new VA).

Here's Matt McMuscles doing a partial playthrough.

13 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

I checked wiki

The last game before Injustice 2 I played was a downloadable game for x360 called "Out of the Shadows".(Not to be confused  with the 2016 film lol)

It was a 3d beat em up and  came out in 2013.

It had some interesting combat and action elements but the game was super glitchy and lacked polish.

The turtles had group specials and it seemed to be loosely based on the 2012 show (with all new VA).

Here's Matt McMuscles doing a partial playthrough.

I dead ass forgot about that horrible game platinum made back in 2015 or so. 

god that game sucked 

23 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Shredder Revenge announcement is a major disappointment to me. While I grew up on the 80s Turtles it's my least favorite incarnation. I have prefer 2K3, 2012 or even Rise. Game is hard pass.

Same, 80s Turtles just has no appeal to me but I am a sucker for a belt scroller beat em up so...

Do you need an external SSD for PS4 games? Maybe HDD will work just fine. For PS5 games though, I don't know. The only reason (besides low supply) I haven't gotten a PS5 yet is that the in-box storage is a pittance and I haven't heard anything about external options.

58 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

Do you need an external SSD for PS4 games? Maybe HDD will work just fine. For PS5 games though, I don't know. The only reason (besides low supply) I haven't gotten a PS5 yet is that the in-box storage is a pittance and I haven't heard anything about external options.

I don't need an external for PS4 games but I got a big library and it will full up the default storage. PS5 games can't be saved on external storage. My initial plan is to get flash drive for my fighters and external SSD for everything else.

2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

I won't pull the trigger on it until the console actually arrives but the cost of an external ssd got me shedding tears. The cost to bring over my physical PS4 library is gonna hurt.

Wait till you see the 4th Gen M.2 SSD cost. 

1 hour ago, axeman61 said:

Do you need an external SSD for PS4 games? Maybe HDD will work just fine.

Man, HDD is gone the way of the Dodo bird. Sure a HDD is going to work, but it's going to be Slow. 

10 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

Wait till you see the 4th Gen M.2 SSD cost. 

Man, HDD is gone the way of the Dodo bird. Sure a HDD is going to work, but it's going to be Slow. 

Gone the way of the Dodo.

Bird is understood, and thus implied.

Having said that, I agree with you 100%.

I bought a PS4 back when D3 and other ish dropped during a BF at Target for a great price, and sold it used to GameStop for more in store credit than I bought it for. But those HDD loads were rough.

When I bought my PS4 Pro three BF ago, I made damned sure to pick up a Samsung SSD to go inside of it. I would not have bought it if BB didn't have the SSD too.

It makes such a huge difference, it isn't  even funny.

Yes, I tested the pre-installed HDD first, despite my certainty.

So.Much.Faster.

SSD or bust.

Edited by JHDK
Korean Auto-Correct be tripping balls.
41 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I don't need an external for PS4 games but I got a big library and it will full up the default storage. PS5 games can't be saved on external storage. My initial plan is to get flash drive for my fighters and external SSD for everything else.

Just get a USB 3.0/3.1 Thumb drive for your PS4 games. I have a 512GB one and I bought one for my brother as well. I think the one I got for my brother is little faster than my own in practice, but both are good. Speed on them is far higher than a 5400RPM drive and they don't take up any space. PS5 is big enough as is. 

This is the one I got.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01E17LOL6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is the one I bought for my bro.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NLL9SZ6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edit: I wanted a new thumb drive for my  PC anyway. I wasn't sure which of the two would be fast enough. They both worked out. Unfortunately you can't use them both at the same time. The PS5 will only see one of them. 1TB Thumb drive prices are literally dumb. When my bro secured the bag, I sent him the second one. Of course I sent him better one, I am his big...well used to be his big brother. 🤣

Edited by Darc_Requiem
6 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

This is what I decide to get for my PS5
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0874XN4D8/

The 500 GB version is about on par with your Flash Drive, as they are the same price for pretty much the same storage. 
I got the 1TB version. It's already filled half way 

I like the external brick as I don't have to reach to the back of the console 

That's actually faster than my thumb drive. I got the thumb drive for the small physical size. It doesn't increase the footprint of the PS5. I didn't want to increase the space the PS5 takes up. It's big enough already 😉 The prices of those have gone up though. I got my PNY for $69.99 and the Patriot was $74.99.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

I am not hating on your Thumb Drive at all, if it works for you rock that thing. 

1 minute ago, Darc_Requiem said:

The prices of those have gone up though.

I think all electronics are going to go up in price, there supposedly a silicon shortage, I don't know how you run low on a material that super abundant on Earth.
But apparently all the chip and semiconductor fabs are being shorted and the Automotive and medical are given the priority