Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

2 hours ago, rukawa_kaede said:

But how long it's been since that? when he was in high school? He makes money making these videos he should better be well informed. 

Well informed for what? For not knowing a location in a series he never got into? He’s just a dude that plays fighting games and has never said otherwise. It’s not his job to know everything about every fighting game.

56 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Well informed for what? For not knowing a location in a series he never got into? He’s just a dude that plays fighting games and has never said otherwise. It’s not his job to know everything about every fighting game.

I partially agree with you. But at the same time, he makes a living of being a fgs influencer.

At least he should put some effort on informing himself about the games he will cover.

He doesn't need to be well versed, but at least know some on the surface stuff imo.

The thing is that many people take his word as gospel, and in many occasions he has spread misinformation that his fans eat up and then are parroting and can't accept that what they are saying is wrong because Max said it.

Really like the animation and color palette in this game

About

It’s raining aliens! When killed, they leave behind a life force that brings inanimate objects to life. Only the Chenso Club can stop them in this chainsaw-splitting, side-scrolling, brawler / roguelike / platform fighter.

The Chenso Club is a group of girls-turned-fighters who are using the aliens’ life force to beat them at their own game:

• Blue is an android who “woke up” when the aliens swarmed her lab and their life force seeped into her power core. She wields a mean chainsaw.
  • Carmine is a royal guard who was armed with a hammer when the aliens stormed the castle. They’ve taken the king hostage, and she’s not happy about it.

More characters to be announced!

The Chenso Club girls like to show off their newfound powers. Learn their moves and collect power ups to see what these fighters can do. Two game modes are available now: Endless, a chaotic marathon that gets harder as you play, and Versus, an arena-style match between two Chenso girls.

You can play solo, but Chenso Club is even better with a friend—couch co-op or online. Team up in Endless mode to kick ass together, or go head-to-head in Versus mode to battle for the spotlight!

Key Feature

• Fight with Attitude – The Chenso Club girls are sassy, strong, and eager to show off their moves.
  • Punch, Jump, Slash, and Smash – Procedurally generated levels are different each time you play.
  • Collect Life Force from Aliens You Kill – Trade for power ups to make your fighter faster and stronger—but don’t spend it all! That life force also keeps YOU alive.
  • Play Solo or With Friends – Play solo in Endless mode, or indulge the Chenso girls’ competitive nature with couch co-op in both Endless and Versus modes.

Edited by AriesWarlock

nah, Bethesda finally caught hell when Fallout 76 came out...that disaster was seemingly the last straw for a lot of fans.  Even by Bethesda "standards" that was such a hilarious pile of trap; with absolutely no redeemable qualities from what I've seen.... fortunately for me, I've not been a fan of that franchise in the first place.  However, it buried the last bit of faith I had for the next Elder Scrolls, because I figure TES6 would likely be the same or worse....when it finally comes out in the next 37 years. (*I'd also bet money they haven't done anything more than storyboarding sketches for that shit, btw... that little bullshit "teaser" from E3 a few years ago; you know they probably whipped that up in a day or 2 to make it look like it's still coming soon....yeah ok, guys...sure....a 5 or 6 second cinematic aerial shot of some mountains and landscape...whatever man...at this point I'm more inclined to believe Bayonetta 3 and Vampire Bloodlines 2 will be available before that shit. 😆)

edit---Gears 5---I got some more leveling on the "Robotics Expert" class in Horde; it's only up to level 10 though.  It's a bit frustrating on this one---because I don't like starting from Wave 1 usually... but with Robotics, it is an "Engineer" class, so if you come into a horde session late, the squad already has several fortifications up already, and you'll have not much to do other than fixing things and trying to snipe on occasion....and opportunities for your ultimate are rare if the map is already covered up too much with fortifications by someone else....I was in another session a few hours ago where they had sentries posted everywhere along with fences... the enemies would die seconds after spawning in.  There's some medal for either playing a certain # of waves as Robotics or getting it to level 15 so once I hit that point I'm done with it.

edit 2-- oh yeah, bonus exp (+100%) is in effect this weekend on Gears 5....always a good time to rank up.  The character skin for Op. 6 is a really good one this time---it's funny the very name and appearance of this character is itself a spoiler for part 4 and 5.... Blood Red

Spoiler

Queen Reyna

the character appears sometimes on the main menu screen too...ha, so much for those late muthafuckas that still haven't played the story of part 4, I guess. 😆

Edited by MillionX
4 hours ago, MillionX said:

nah, Bethesda finally caught hell when Fallout 76 came out...that disaster was seemingly the last straw for a lot of fans.  Even by Bethesda "standards" that was such a hilarious pile of trap; with absolutely no redeemable qualities from what I've seen.... fortunately for me, I've not been a fan of that franchise in the first place.  However, it buried the last bit of faith I had for the next Elder Scrolls, because I figure TES6 would likely be the same or worse....when it finally comes out in the next 37 years. (*I'd also bet money they haven't done anything more than storyboarding sketches for that shit, btw... that little bullshit "teaser" from E3 a few years ago; you know they probably whipped that up in a day or 2 to make it look like it's still coming soon....yeah ok, guys...sure....a 5 or 6 second cinematic aerial shot of some mountains and landscape...whatever man...at this point I'm more inclined to believe Bayonetta 3 and Vampire Bloodlines 2 will be available before that shit.

I think we will see Half Life 3 before we see a Bayonetta 3. 

Edited by DarkSakul

Fuck. So in Demon's Souls I managed to do enough damage to the blue dragon in 1-4 Boletarian Palace to make him fly away from the bridge. I just used the lava bow with light arrows. Then I proceeded to where he was perched over a doorway and Biorr was I guess fighting him. I tried shooting arrows at it again, just out of reach of the fire. Those hits from the front were only doing very minor damage though. I thought if I got closer I could get better dps in. So after rushing past the flames I locked on, but none of my arrows were hitting.

Unfortunately, I had waited and watched while Biorr's health went down because I could see his health bar before I could see who it was. Thinking it was another bad guy, I figured I'd let the dragon kill him for me. I finally approached when Biorr's health was about an 8th left and that's when I realized who it was and started to engage the dragon.

So, after I rushed past the flames to try for better hits on the dragon, it finally killed Biorr and started focusing his fire on me instead. I died.

Fuck. Now I have to fight that motherfucker again, without the Biorr assist. It sucks because I really liked that NPC and I just let him fucking burn to death not knowing what was happening. ☹️

Edited by Chadouken
Fixed typo.
3 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

I'm gonna try that tonight.

In both DeSo, and DaSo1, I had the good fortune to choose the best class for a first run.

In DeSo it was Royal.

In DaSo1 it was Knight.

Actually, a strong argument can be made for Knight being the best first run class for all 3 DaSo games. It was for sure the best for DaSo3 as well.

DaSo2 sucks rabid, stunted monkey balls, so who cares what the best way to wade through shit is.

But seriously - if your didn't go Int/Dex hybrid Royal this time, try it next.

4 minutes ago, JHDK said:

In DeSo it was Royal.

Yeah that's what I chose, too. Focused on getting magic up pretty high, with enough strength to be able to handle combat. I have the Crescent Falchion +5 and with my high magic stat it does considerable damage.

So Knight is the way to go in Dark Souls? I'll be starting that this week probably. 

6 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Yeah that's what I chose, too. Focused on getting magic up pretty high, with enough strength to be able to handle combat. I have the Crescent Falchion +5 and with my high magic stat it does considerable damage.

So Knight is the way to go in Dark Souls? I'll be starting that this week probably. 

Knight or Pyromancer.

But seriously, when you're  just starting out the game, and the best starter "magic" class doesn't even need int or faith for scaling... why NOT go Sword & Board ~ 2-handed when you get a good one?

2 minutes ago, JHDK said:

But seriously, when you're  just starting out the game, and the best starter "magic" class doesn't even need int or faith for scaling... why NOT go Sword & Board ~ 2-handed when you get a good one?

Yeah it might be fun to go with a combat focused class after playing Royal in DeSo anyway. Change it up a bit from relying on magic so much.

So continuing my NV adventures

Decided to help the town of Goodspring with their Powder Ganger issue as on account of the Doc fixin the old noggin.

The guy hiding from them got killed too, oh well at least there no loose ends.

Made my way over to the Primm, pickpocket the NCR along the way, stole a uniform for shits and giggles. 

Took out the cassino filled with gang members for the hell if it, found Primm's joke of a sheriff, he refused to help me find the guy that shot me, so I killed him and took his journal. But now I gotta find a new sheriff for Primm. And I refused to get someone from the NCR. So I guess my 1 int sub-brick dude gotta hack a robot. 😆

Also I took on the Powder Gang prison, killed everyone. 

Also that reminds me to get lock pick up and repair up as I got 1 int and mentats aren't cheap. Using Jet hella fun. 

ESO...

I really have to get some better gear...more than likely, my character isn't where he should be, though the game is mostly easy so I keep getting by anyway....  my latest adventures have just been some Zone Area quests in Orsinium...I've only been halfway paying attention to the story of it though...I'm really just there for the exp at the moment....I had the bonus exp scroll active, and I'm closing in on level 20 at the moment.  Heh, one cool little moment; I was running thru killing things, and another dude was there and went into his wolf form (a cool white fur look too... I forgot if they can decide how their wolf form looks or not)...heh, vamps and lycans working together for once.  Vampirism itself is leveling sooo slowly though 😞 it's still only a level 2.  The vampirism "stage" has dropped recently to 2, so I may need to "drink" one of the random villagers soon...I'd rather keep that up to 3.

...being in the Orc city brings back yet more memories of my first Skyrim character... I made an Orc named "CHOJIN"....such good times there.  My main ESO character is a Redguard though....haha, funny that the vampirism makes him look like an albino black person, actually....with red eyes, of course. 

Edited by MillionX

Do I need to have beaten Judgement and all previous Yakuza games in order to understand Like A Dragon? Im kinda itching to play that 

Figured I'd grab the ps4 version for the low then get the free ps5 upgrade

Edited by HD-Man
2 hours ago, BornWinner said:

Smash player overreacts to mod they don’t even have to use.

I’m not sure which is funnier. Them pretending that all games, including Smash, never had these mods until now or that this is why people don’t like Smash players.

People like this are one our society's biggest problems. This person epitomizes the "I don't like it so no one should like it" mentality I can't stand. So much valuable time is wasted trying to appease clowns like this instead working on our real problems.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
1 minute ago, HD-Man said:

Do I need to have beaten Judgement and all previous Yakuza games in order to understand Like A Dragon? Im kinda itching to play that 

Well, I haven't played it but I've played just about everyone Yakuza game. I still need to get around to 4 and 5. Anyway Yakuza games do a pretty good job providing great experience for people that haven't played the series in it's entirety. I played 1, 0, 6, then 2 because the weird way the released them on PS4. Didn't stop me from having a great time with the franchise.

13 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Figured I'd grab the ps4 version for the low then get the free ps5 upgrade

Short answer: No, not really but playing the previous titles make you appreciate Like a Dragon that much more. 

21 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

I can't help but to admire the beauty of Bayonetta, so I'm saving the images. Men also should be admired. I seem to be the only bisexual here. I wouldn't mind a hot guy topic. 

Edited by Emptyeyes

Kingdoms of Amalur--- I'm just now realizing there's alternate language options for the voices in this game... I don't remember if that was in the original but this is cool...so, much like my Switch version of Diablo 3, I've changed it to German for the audio, just 'cause that language sounds cool and interesting to me....haha nope I don't speak that language at all....I know maybe 2 or 3 words of it at best.  A shame that wasn't an option for foreign language classes back in school, or I would've taken it.  We only had Spanish and... Latin I think. (*like most, I went with Spanish; SUPER easy one, imo...also the Spanish teacher was one of those cool teachers that everyone liked; he made that class fun)

...anyway, I may keep the game like this for this 2nd run on my other character.... "Vermeer" has 28 points in Finesse now (about to hit level 10)... the "envenomed edge" ability always active.  That's another little detail to love there... some abilities can be set as an active thing indefinitely; it just has a permanent # of points it always holds on your mana.  Envenomed looks so cool too; your hands and arms have a strange green aura/smoke effect radiating from them.  I'm still not sure if I want to go for pure Finesse or go with my favorite hybrid combo of Finesse/Sorcery.

I just beat Demon's Souls. Final boss King Allant was super easy after I killed the blue dragon. I might have been over leveled though, lol. Now I want to jump right into new game+ and maybe not kill Ostrava right off the bat, lol. But I also want to start in on Dark Souls. I'll probably do that and come back to Demon's Souls later I guess.

What a fucking game though. Absolute masterpiece.

Was listening to a podcast this weekend where they called Ocarina of Time the "Winback of 3D action/adventure" and I'll admit, I audibly yelled "Get the Fuck outta here!" when they said it.

Better yet, latter in the ep, they brought up Mega Man Legends and said that was the Winback of 3D action/adventure, which I sorta agree with. 

Zelda as a series has this weird thing where people seem to fall more in love with games in the series as time rolls on, but then it becomes cool to say that OoT hasn't aged well and is best remembered as a launching pad. 

Na, OoT is still a really solid and fun game in 2021. People talk about it like it's the Rosetta stone or something, and that it's become a clunky boring slog in the last 23 years. 

I always wonder if it's because game journalists are staying the same age as I get older. I hear more and more talking heads in gaming saying the Mario Sunshine is their favorite Mario game, and I've come to the conclusion that it's cause that game came out when they were 8-10 years old and was the first mario game they really remember playing. 

Edit: @RSG3realized that I was thinking about Elizabethan furniture instead of that kinda bad cover shooter, my bad 🙏

Edited by KingTubb
3 hours ago, KingTubb said:

Was listening to a podcast this weekend where they called Ocarina of Time the "Wingback of 3D action/adventure" and I'll admit, I audibly yelled "Get the Fuck outta here!" when they said it.

Better yet, latter in the ep, they brought up Mega Man Legends and said that was the Wingback of 3D action/adventure, which I sorta agree with. 

Zelda as a series has this weird thing where people seem to fall more in love with games in the series as time rolls on, but then it becomes cool to say that OoT hasn't aged well and is best remembered as a launching pad. 

Na, OoT is still a really solid and fun game in 2021. People talk about it like it's the Rosetta stone or something, and that it's become a clunky boring slog in the last 23 years. 

I always wonder if it's because game journalists are staying the same age as I get older. I hear more and more talking heads in gaming saying the Mario Sunshine is their favorite Mario game, and I've come to the conclusion that it's cause that game came out when they were 8-10 years old and was the first mario game they really remember playing. 

Swing back?

My issue with OOT isn't that it's good because it's pretty damn good especially for when it was made, my issue is that people still call it the best. Not just the best Zelda game either but the best game of all time. It wasn't when it came out and it wasn't a year later when Majoras Mask came out and did everything it did better. 

OOT is awesome and it's historical significance can not be under stated, but the worship level the game gets is painful. It's not the best Zelda game much less the best game of all time. 

8 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

OOT is awesome and it's historical significance can not be under stated, but the worship level the game gets is painful. It's not the best Zelda game much less the best game of all time.

I 100% agree with this. There are Zelda games that I like a lot more, and the people that worship at the temple of time are just as wack as the people that try to say that it doesn't hold up. 

Like you said, MM came out and made everything better. 

I guess there's always the argument between "greatest" and "best" that could be made. Which one is the most important, was most revolutionary, etc. to make it the "greatest" and which one is just the most fun and "best" video game. 

this guy did a comparison of the 1up TMNT and the original arcade cabinet...of course the 1up machine is drastically smaller, but I'm still tempted to get it...

...another thing I was checking early this morning, since it's almost time... Amalur frame rate test on Switch:

A higher-leveled character would've been better, obviously... because your abilities get more ridiculous of course, which I imagine could cause frame rate issues...  Sorcery "Elemental Rage" in particular may be quite the problem, as it's one of the flashiest spells...there's a LOT going on visually with that one, on top of there being multiple enemies in an area, and how detailed the background is in this game.

whoah, G4 youtube channel going live in a little while...

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

Swing back?

My issue with OOT isn't that it's good because it's pretty damn good especially for when it was made, my issue is that people still call it the best. Not just the best Zelda game either but the best game of all time. It wasn't when it came out and it wasn't a year later when Majoras Mask came out and did everything it did better. 

Symphony Of The Night gets the same treatment as I know you must be aware. I think a lot of it is just internet opinions getting parroted over the course of several years more than anything.

34 minutes ago, MillionX said:

this guy did a comparison of the 1up TMNT and the original arcade cabinet...of course the 1up machine is drastically smaller, but I'm still tempted to get it...

Thanks for posting that, I didn't know they made a 1up cab for TMNT. I still need to put the cab I got for Christmas together and hopefully I can add TMNT to that one. That would be a fun one to play on that thing.

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

My biggest gripe is that OoT separates combat from exploration.

In all the past/2D titles combat and exploration goes hand and hand. 

You can't explore and combat at the same time with OoT and onwards with 3D titles, they feel like 2 separate modes. 

The only exception on OoT where you fight the Knight mini-boss in the Gurudo desert.

13 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Symphony Of The Night gets the same treatment as I know you must be aware. I think a lot of it is just internet opinions getting parroted over the course of several years more than anything.

Yea it's frustrating there to. I love Symphony. Great game...far from perfect. As much as I love it they really dropped the ball on gear and lvl balance. You get so fucking strong so fucking fast and using trash gear doesn't even help much with offsetting the issue.  Where Symphony really succeeds is in atmosphere, music, and joyful exploration. Exploring Drags castle in that game is really fun, especially the first time, even if most of what you find tends to be kinda trash or a health/heart booster. Least most of the gear tends to have some kind of silly gimmick attached to that makes it some level of interesting even if the stats aren't good/game can't really support it.