Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

2 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

minion-minions.gif

Sony's SoP should be pretty solid.  Pretty sure Dad of War Ragnarok will be there, probably some more Forspoken, and maybe another peak at Spider-man 2.  I'd imagine that they'd probably show something on HFW DLC maybe?.  I'm not sure what else to expect cept the possibility of seeing FFXVI maybe...not expecting anything on FF7R2 for at least a lil bit.  Probably Crisis Core if it doesn't show up in the Direct.  Maybe Sonic Frontiers?  If we get another look at ReMake 4 then great...not expecting it though.  There's a good chance it could be solid.

EA and Koei Temco will team up to create a hunting game

https://ir.ea.com/press-releases/press-release-details/2022/Electronic-Arts-and-KOEI-TECMO-Working-Together-on-the-Next-Great-Hunting-Game/default.aspx

With the mega success of Monster Hunter I was wondering which of the western giants would throw their hat into the ring. EA is doing the smart thing and going to a developer who has experience in that type of game. Since it says original IP I guess it won't be a new Toukiden game. 

8 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

EA and Koei Temco will team up to create a hunting game

https://ir.ea.com/press-releases/press-release-details/2022/Electronic-Arts-and-KOEI-TECMO-Working-Together-on-the-Next-Great-Hunting-Game/default.aspx

With the mega success of Monster Hunter I was wondering which of the western giants would throw their hat into the ring. EA is doing the smart thing and going to a developer who has experience in that type of game. Since it says original IP I guess it won't be a new Toukiden game. 

So far EA has done right by the people in the EA Originals lineup but I'm always worried that eventually EA is gonna EA.

57 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Sony's SoP should be pretty solid.  Pretty sure Dad of War Ragnarok will be there, probably some more Forspoken, and maybe another peak at Spider-man 2.  I'd imagine that they'd probably show something on HFW DLC maybe?.  I'm not sure what else to expect cept the possibility of seeing FFXVI maybe...not expecting anything on FF7R2 for at least a lil bit.  Probably Crisis Core if it doesn't show up in the Direct.  Maybe Sonic Frontiers?  If we get another look at ReMake 4 then great...not expecting it though.  There's a good chance it could be solid.

....hmmmmm...

Gonna dial my expectations back a tad....

1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

PSVR 2 release date is what I'm hoping for.  I don't care about seeing anything more of Dad of War or Forspoken.  The less I see of it the more of a surprise it will be.  Don't give a crap about Spiderman or HFW or anything FF related.

11 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Metroid has just never been that popular in Japan...

Still yea that hurts lol. What can I say tho, Metroid doesn't have squid waifus. It's has brain sucker squids. Not nearly as cute. 

11 hours ago, iStu X said:

The answer is simple. Make those brain sucking squids and bird people sexy. 

Once you woomy you'll never be gloomy! 

Based on previous history, I have zero hype for any State of Play. I think I remember watching on State of Play that wasn't disappointing in the entirety of the format's existence. Even a bad Nintendo Direct is usually so so. Being so so would be a like A+ for State of Play if I was a teacher grading on a curve.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
Just now, Darc_Requiem said:

Based on previous history, I have zero hate for any State of Play. I think I remember watching on State of Play that wasn't disappointing in the entirety of the format's existence. Even a bad Nintendo Direct is usually so so. Being so so would be a like A+ for State of Play if I was a teacher grading on a curve.

I’m very slightly interested for todays state of play as playstation specifically states there will be stuff from Japanese developers in the state of play.

So I’m hoping for some more JRPG goodness. More info on the new Star Ocean, a new FF16 trailer, maybe the debut trailer for Yakuza 8 or just new JRPG’s, whatever the case. 

Outside of that I have no interest in the state of play. 

20 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I’m very slightly interested for todays state of play as playstation specifically states there will be stuff from Japanese developers in the state of play.

So I’m hoping for some more JRPG goodness. More info on the new Star Ocean, a new FF16 trailer, maybe the debut trailer for Yakuza 8 or just new JRPG’s, whatever the case. 

Outside of that I have no interest in the state of play. 

I have zero expectations, so I shouldn't be disappointed. *thinks about FFXIII*  Damn, even no expectations aren't foolproof 😅

9 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

The direct happened already? The fuck Nintendo? Niggas gotta work in the morning. I'll wait for my usual sites to update with all the announcements and trailers.

To the surprise of no one, Babylon's Fall dies in February

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/09/babylons-fall-to-end-service-on-february-27-2023

I put my headset on at work and acted like I was doing training.... 👀

I'm wondering how much bettter Goldeneye on Xbox will look.  You get the trade off of it being 4K with possibly better textures vs being able to play it online.  If that's the case the trade off isn't that bad in the grand scheme...cause I only imagine that the online will be going for a hot second with friends before it dies.

Fist of the North Star fitness was so out of left field that it surprised the hell out of me when it showed up.  I had to double take lol.

vids

Spoiler

^Sniper Elite 5 - Concealed Target Weapon and Skin Pack

Bayonetta 3 - Ways of the Witch ^

Sorry no Metroid at all period...

Edit:  placed 3 more vids...One of which is the Freedom Planet 2 Launch trailer.

Edited by Sonichuman
8 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Based on previous history, I have zero hype for any State of Play. I think I remember watching on State of Play that wasn't disappointing in the entirety of the format's existence. Even a bad Nintendo Direct is usually so so. Being so so would be a like A+ for State of Play if I was a teacher grading on a curve.

I think that at the end it depends of the types of games each show presents that align with what you like/interests you.

For example, I am on the opposite side, historically, almost nothing that the Nintendo Directs have showcased interest me, while on the SoP there is usually at least 3 or 4 games that pick my interest, so I am more interested to see what they will announce there than on a ND.

Edited by Hecatom
10 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Called it.

Total trash show lol.

I'm watching through this SoP and....WTF at this Playstation Stars thing.  I thought they were going to do something like Nintendo does with the points you earn for buying games that you could put towards buying stuff but no.  It's essentially NFT's from a different angle lol.

Also Rise of the Ronin has my attention!  I like the fact that Samurai content seems to be making a bit of a resurgence.

5 minutes ago, nickmanx5 said:

stellar blade must be that game with the ass jiggle that had people having a fit.  Korean peeps are a generation ahead when it comes to depicting ass ive been reading this manhwa about a landlady and it has opened my eyes to this fact.

Well...that game definitely put the ass of the protagonist kind of front and center with no shame.   I just knew the game as the character action game with the shiny ass girl.

Previous trailers/gameplay