Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

40 minutes ago, Maravilla said:

I meant to say v system is way better than drive system. Aint nobody asked for 20 different parries. 

20!? There are literally two parries if you count Drive Parry and Perfect Parry separately. What are you talking about? I like SFV but V-Trigger is better? Drive System gives you access to you all your characters tools right away. V-Trigger limits what you are character can do until you gain V-Trigger. Not even close. Where are the multiple parries? Can anyone explain it to me?

1 hour ago, Maravilla said:

I meant to say v system is way better than drive system. Aint nobody asked for 20 different parries. 

There's like 1 parry, and a lot of the V-System traits for returning characters were integrated into the base kits of characters.

The only thing I am still on the fence about is burn-out, but overall the way resources are distributed and managed in SF6 looks to be the most balanced in a main game since A2/A3.

Edited by Daemos
1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

20!? There are literally two parries if you count Drive Parry and Perfect Parry separately. What are you talking about? I like SFV but V-Trigger is better? Drive System gives you access to you all your characters tools right away. V-Trigger limits what you are character can do until you gain V-Trigger. Not even close. Where are the multiple parries? Can anyone explain it to me?

Drive parry? So aside from drive impact (which is a parry cmon now) there's a "drive parry"? Man this keeps getting better and better, no wonder they chose Luke as the protagonist, this game is gonna be a disaster. 

Just now, elliephil said:

Some non-fighting game friends have downloaded the sf6 demo and seem to be enjoying it. They like the character customization and the modern controls.

The only conundrum is whether or not I should sandbag to encourage them to keep playing. Hmm.

Destroy them.
After that you can rebuild them better

Drive parry? So aside from drive impact (which is a parry cmon now) there's a "drive parry"? Man this keeps getting better and better, no wonder they chose Luke as the protagonist, this game is gonna be a disaster. 

My guy...what the fuck are you talking about?

You use drive gauge for these things:

1) Parry.

2) Drive Impact

3) Drive Rush

4) Ex Moves

5) Alpha Counter

In what world is any of that "all parries"?

1 hour ago, elliephil said:

The only conundrum is whether or not I should sandbag to encourage them to keep playing. Hmm

Legit question. 

Even if you sandbag, if you sandbag too hard they'll know you're sandbagging and it'll do more harm than good.

Ask em who's the most difficult to learn or play, go there and agree with them.

Helps cover the sandbagging.

#oldmanstrats

Drive Impact is an armour move, it absorbs two hits (I think it was two) but I don't think armoured moves count as parries now.

Drive Meter can be used for: a) EX moves; b) a universal forward moving armoured move (Drive Impact); c) a universal parry; d) a command dash that you can cancel from either a normal that's hitting or blocking or the parry stance (Drive Rush); e) a counter that you cancel from blocking. Only one of those is a parry.

47 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

Ask em who's the most difficult to learn or play, go there and agree with them.

Based on what we have seen so far, who is the most difficult character in Street Fighter 6? I think Chun-Li has some situational confirms and I don't quite understand entirely how Jamie works yet. (Other than drinking that drank to get more crunk yahurrr.)

Edited by elliephil
3 hours ago, elliephil said:

Based on what we have seen so far, who is the most difficult character in Street Fighter 6? I think Chun-Li has some situational confirms and I don't quite understand entirely how Jamie works yet. (Other than drinking that drank to get more crunk yahurrr.)

I would say Chun. She's always been tricky with the situational AA's and charge timings but now on top of that you have to juggle a second stance.

After that probably Jamie/Kimberly.  

19 hours ago, Maravilla said:

Drive Impact isn't a parry. Using your logic armored attacks are parries and they aren't. You can not like something without misrepresenting it. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem
11 hours ago, -PVL93- said:

I'm starting to think Maravilla is a troll account, dude somehow found his way to Megashock but asks the most basic questions as if he never touched a fighting game before in his life 

Nope, I joined srk a little before it was closed down. I have no time or reason to troll without a reason on the biggest fgc game. Maravilla means marvel because I love marvel. 

Edited by Maravilla

So today was the first time I've ever actually seen KOF15 and SF6 in person, both games on PS4

Dude KOF actually looks amazing, I was already rather happy with the general art direction but this is really good. Also I love that in the jukebox SNK bothered to mdoel the visualizer/equaliser in the background for *every single song from KOF 94 to 15*

6 though... Oh boy it's kinda rough on PS4 ngl. Personally I just wish Capcom cut last gen altogether and focused exclusively on pushing graphical fidelity on ps5 and xb1. 

Edited by -PVL93-
44 minutes ago, -PVL93- said:

So today was the first time I've ever actually seen KOF15 and SF6 in person, both games on PS4

Dude KOF actually looks amazing, I was already rather happy with the general art direction but this is really good. Also I love that in the jukebox SNK bothered to mdoel the visualizer/equaliser in the background for *every single song from KOF 94 to 15*

6 though... Oh boy it's kinda rough on PS4 ngl. Personally I just wish Capcom cut last gen altogether and focused exclusively on pushing graphical fidelity on ps5 and xb1. 

They had to cut some corners to improve the performance on PS4.  I heard the backgrounds don't look nearly as nice.  I don't mind them giving PS4 players the option as long as it doesn't affect the PS5, Series X and PC versions.  The PS4 still has a pretty large install base.  

2 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

Putting SF6 on PS4 is kind of a weird choice. I get that in this way they can sell to a bigger audience, but at some point they'll also be forced to either drop support midway or keep supporting it even 7 years from now when the new generation of consoles will be already out.

There's absolutely no way Capcom will keep supporting PS4 until 2030, no developer or publisher will. I'm expecting a Super Street Fighter 6 release a couple of years down the line that is Next gen only and improves visuals plus packs all the content post launch into a starter package 

1 minute ago, HeavensCloud said:

They had to cut some corners to improve the performance on PS4.  I heard the backgrounds don't look nearly as nice

The world tour is apparently having massive framerate issues, but what I immediately noticed is either usage of dynamic resolution or a lack of anti-aliasing in this version, you can almost see the jaggies around Luke and Ryu in the tutorial plus the characters are kind of blurry. Not to mention the default sakura park stage looks like shit in general 

You know when you got so much stuff on a backlog that you kinda don't wanna do anything? That's me with all the FG info I skipped on. 😭

Was the showcase good or should I just skip to the character trailers?

More importantly, do we have any "git gud" resources like frame data, magic numbers, and important stuff like that? Also, who is actually playable in the demo?

Edited by Volt
1 hour ago, Volt said:

Was the showcase good or should I just skip to the character trailers?

More importantly, do we have any "git gud" resources like frame data, magic numbers, and important stuff like that? Also, who is actually playable in the demo?

The showcase was single player stuff mostly 

Yeah we known this game has a good training mode since the beta. Don't think it has a hitbox viewer but it has frame data on a little timeline so you know exactly what startup, active, recovery are on anything

On 4/21/2023 at 3:28 PM, Daemos said:

He was turning white already in SF3. I think it’s a combination of normal aging and him getting closer to his uber Oni form in the canon.

I prefer the concept art as Akuma’s red hair is his defining characteristic. It’s not like Bison’s hair going white since his hair color is not what defines his color palette.

I think if they wanted him to go more white like this they could’ve afforded to add a tinge of purple in his outfit. Since those are the “Shin” variant’s colors.

@EvilCanadianAYO! Thanks for reading me! But how about instead of plugging that damn gorilla (referring to the PP Gorilla but also Akuma), you lend out your furry hand to help a Dictator while he's down?

37 minutes ago, Shahenzan said:

The showcase was single player stuff mostly 

Yeah we known this game has a good training mode since the beta. Don't think it has a hitbox viewer but it has frame data on a little timeline so you know exactly what startup, active, recovery are on anything

Yeah, I watched it.

Honestly, this game is straight-up built different. That's the most complete package I've ever seen in an FG. It has literally everything you could possibly want out of an SF game...

Except SF3 characters. 😭

Edit:

50 minutes ago, Maravilla said:

I played SFV for 5 months, couldn't make it out of bronze lol. 

That's nothing. Watch this.

Ultra_Plastic.PNG

Edited by Volt
6 minutes ago, Volt said:

Yeah, I watched it.

Honestly, this game is straight-up built different. That's the most complete package I've ever seen in an FG. It has literally everything you could possibly want out of an SF game...

Except SF3 characters. 😭

Edit:

That's nothing. Watch this.

Ultra_Plastic.PNG

Me vs him, battle of the "at least we tried", let's goooo!