Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 2.0

What if the internet becomes sentient? I think Terence McKenna said that around current times the internet will become self aware. Which means it will gain a soul. What if it's already sentient? The internet is basically one giant electromagnetic brain and it has the potential to link to all machines. It could also interface with biological organisms since they are essentially flesh machines that run on electricity. Electromagnetic fields are everywhere and via EMF's the internet could take over the world, maybe the whole universe. 

Edited by Thoth369
2 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

Anybody from New Mexico? Lock down again..

Yup. I'm fortunate enough to work for the Army and I can work from home so it doesn't really affect me or my family. I feel very bad for the small businesses who are going to suffer. It sucks. But there are a lot of people who are completely ignoring the advisories to social distance and wear masks. We are in a pandemic and not a lot of people take it seriously enough to slow the spread. So this is what happens.

What do you guys carry for a wallet? I've used my phone case to carry my ID, credit, and debit cards for probably close to 10 years but the influx of insurance, credit, and other cards coming into my life has me thinking about going back to an actual wallet. 

I have two options I'm looking at though the price has me pausing a bit as the cheapest option is close to $60. I'm leaning towards the Fantom as it's ultra slim and has a compartment that can hold coins and sd cards. 

Screenshot_20201114-184051_Samsung_Inter

spacer.png

Edited by DoctaMario
1 minute ago, DoctaMario said:

What do you guys carry for a wallet? I've used my phone case to carry my ID, credit, and debit cards for probably close to 10 years but the influx of insurance, credit, and other cards coming into my life has me thinking about going back to an actual wallet. 

I have two options I'm looking at though the price has me pausing a bit as the cheapest option is close to $60. 

spacer.png

I use real wallets, leather trifold.  They tend to hold up for years, think I've had 2 in like the past 15.

I should probably get one of those heavy duty money clips. I have just a generic wallet now but I never really “use it”. Unless I’ve absolutely had to (and I mean absolutely had to) I haven’t carried cash on my person since I was 18. 

All I need are my ID’s, debit card and medical insurance card. 

a phone case wallet would seem ideal since I ALWAYS have my phone with me unless I’m sleeping but the off chance I lose my phone I’d lose pretty much everything. So that weirds me out.

Edited by iStu X
1 minute ago, Reticently said:

I use real wallets, leather trifold.  They tend to hold up for years, think I've had 2 in like the past 15.

1 minute ago, Reticently said:

I had one years ago that was nice, but I realized after getting the phone wallet that I hate having stuff in my back pockets 😂

6 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

I have two options I'm looking at though the price has me pausing a bit as the cheapest option is close to $60. I'm leaning towards the Fantom as it's ultra slim and has a compartment that can hold coins and sd cards. 

spacer.png

Bi-fold walket. 

7 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Is anyone making travel plans?

Not travel plans but I got invited to a thanksgiving dinner. Pretty low key. Only 4 people (including myself) will be there. 

im using it as an excuse to bake desserts.

I wanna try to tackle sweet potato pie. Also gunna make a mixed berry cobbler. 

unrelated but for Xmas I’m going to attempt to make all my friends traditional (boooooze) egg nog from scratch 

Edited by iStu X
1 minute ago, iStu X said:

Not travel plans but I got invited to a thanksgiving dinner. Pretty low key. Only 4 people (including myself) will be there. 

im using it as an excuse to bake desserts.

I wanna try to tackle sweet potato pie. Also gunna make a mixed berry cobbler. 

The plan (as of 11/14) was to travel to SC to see the inlaws. It's that whole household and us and they have been pretty contained on their own. I am monitoring the situation in the State. I told my wife that we may have to pivot since people are still being jackasses about this whole thing.  

Re back pockets: ever since my brain surgery and not being able to use my left side all that well I’ve had a hard time with back pockets. It’s not impossible it’s just no ideal. So I keep wallet, phone, etc in my left front pocket. 

it also serves as a weird sensory detector so I know where my leg is when I’m walking and how hard I’m planting that leg. 

Edited by iStu X
26 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

I used a tri-fold wallet before I lost it. After getting new cards and ID I brought a silm minimalist wallet. It feels nice having a wallet thin enough to put in my front pocket but I don't like the one I brought. I struggle to remove my cards from it. I brought this to replace my current wallet.

https://ekster.com/products/aluminum-cardholder?variant=32867496820799

15f7e0280e54f7.jpg

They are having a black friday sale so I thought it would be worth a shot. 

@DoctaMario

Pick what you feel makes you happy. I had one of those Dango Wallets and they're neat but I worried the wallet will grow weaker over time (as the stretching of the leather by the metal felt like it won't hold the cards after a certain point) so I sent it back. I have 3 wallets. One regular leather one for everyday, a nylon zipper one I had for work and a semi fancy one for when I want to feel like I have more money than I have (well it was a gift so i's used on nicer occasions)

My solution was to have different types to match the occasion. 

Edited by TheInfernoman
3 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Re back pockets: ever since my brain surgery and not being able to use my left side all that well I’ve had a hard time with back pockets. It’s not impossible it’s just no ideal. So I keep wallet, phone, etc in my left front pocket. 

it also serves as a weird sensory detector so I know where my leg is when I’m walking and how hard I’m planting that leg. 

I've had to make my wallet thinner. Keeping it in my back pocket while seated made things uncomfortable. I didn't realize it till one day I left my wallet at home and didn't have any back pain.

3 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

I've had to make my wallet thinner. Keeping it in my back pocket while seated made things uncomfortable. I didn't realize it till one day I left my wallet at home and didn't have any back pain.

I like my wallet cause it’s not too thin but not too bulky. It also came with a slip telling me it’s name was Hank. So I’d feel bad if I had to replace him. I’ve had him for 8 years. He still looks brand new too. 

He holds all my bad decisions makers and debt. 

Edited by iStu X
3 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

I've never put in anything bin my back pocket.

Front left pocket-wallet

Front right pocket-keys and phone

The lack of weight symmetry would bug the shit out of me. Lol. 

I also genuinely don’t like shit being on my right side. Like apparently you’re supposed to wear watches on your non-dominant hand? Fuck that noise. Left side all day. Same with jewelry. 

having anything on my right outside of obvious stuff feels incredibly uncomfortable. I feel off centered. It isn’t a recent thing either. As long as I can remember ive always been that way. 

Edited by iStu X
41 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

What do you guys carry for a wallet?

A good old wallet. Leather, bi-fold with an ID flap, black.

About the whole backpocket topic, I never use it.

First, because it's way too easy for a pickpocket to snatch your stuff.

Second, because there absolutely no way I'll be feeling a bump under my ass when I'm sitting on a chair. Miss me with that. 🤣

2 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Is that how watches are suppose to be worn? I always worn them on my dominant hand. 

That’s what I was always told by adults growing up. I never did because it never made sense to me. 

I also got comments for older people at work telling me I was wearing my Apple Watch on the wrong wrist. 

Edited by iStu X
37 minutes ago, Illwill88 said:

Not really a hot take but I think there'll be a national lockdown before the year ends.

Trump won't do a national lockdown, no matter how bad it gets. I don't think there can even be a national lockdown. It would be decided by individual state governors and local governments. Trump would have to convince a lot of people he promised not to lock down, and there's no way in hell he'd walk that back.

Edited by Chadouken

I wear my watch on my left wrist since it feels natural that way. I put my wallet and comb in my left front pocket. I put my phone and keys in my front right pocket. I don't put anything in my back pockets due to pick pockets. I am mixed handed. It's kind of like being ambidextrous but not. 

Edited by Thoth369
34 minutes ago, iStu X said:

That’s what I was always told by adults growing up. I never did because it never made sense to me. 

I also got comments for older people at work telling me I was wearing my Apple Watch on the wrong wrist. 

The idea is that it's not in the way when you're trying to do things with your dominant hand. But having said that, I always wore mine on my right hand because it feels more comfortable that way to me, and oddly enough, even though I'm right handed, I always had a hard time putting on a watch with my right hand. There are certain things that are a lot easier for me to do with my left hand and that's one of them. 

30 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Trump won't do a national lockdown, no matter how bad it gets.

You don't need a national lockdown. Not all of the states are dealing with the same level of issues. But its hilariously dumb to not let cities manage their health care systems like the courts did to El Paso.

Its kind of a minefield of a situation. But it isn't either unamangeable or insurmountable. Fucking idiots have it in their heads that we can't do anything so screw it, everybody should EAD. Some of those idiots work in the government. Yeah I'm not censoring curse words on this one. I don't have time to educate or reeducate stupid people after you had WuHan, Italy/Iran, and New York.

Look at this F-ing clown now:

Sweden's chief epidemiologist has admitted that the country is now experiencing a second wave of coronavirus despite predicting that the country's no-lockdown policy would prevent another surge.

https://www.businessinsider.com/sweden-herd-immunity-second-wave-coronavirus-cases-hospitalisations-surge-2020-11

16 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

The idea is that it's not in the way when you're trying to do things with your dominant hand.

Just don’t wear your watch band all loosey goosey. Seems like a super obvious solution. I wear mine pretty snug but not to the point to where it feels like I’m choking my wrist. 

Edited by iStu X
4 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

I put Cars on for the boy child while I get a little work done and I see this in the upper left of the screen... I literally did the Jackie Chan face 🤣

spacer.png

Edit: why does this forum turn my pictures 90⁰? Does this happen to anyone else?

First of all:  Which version of "Cars" were YOU watching?

Jokes aside, all of my uploads seem to pop up correctly.

3 hours ago, iStu X said:

Just don’t wear your watch band all loosey goosey. Seems like a super obvious solution. I wear mine pretty snug but not to the point to where it feels like I’m choking my wrist. 

I used to wear mine pretty snug and then I got a watch for Christmas that fits a little looser and so while I'm not wearing them super loose like that one was very I had a link taken out, I'm not wearing them as tight. 

3 hours ago, Deadly_Raver said:

First of all:  Which version of "Cars" were YOU watching?

Jokes aside, all of my uploads seem to pop up correctly.

It was the Pixar movie, the same one little dood wants to watch EVERY day. It was only today that I noticed that rating which is completely retarded. Sexuality, foul language, etc, in a Rated G movie. Like, what?

12 minutes ago, IcyBlackDeep said:

Not yet, but it ain't looking good

I’m disappointed but not even remotely surprised eastern Washington has more out breaks of covid that western. Eastern Washington is basically our own little Bible Belt. It’s nothing but farms, mountains and churches in small isolated towns. 

There’s the tri-cities in SE Washington but no one gives a shit about them. The only actual places in Eastern Washington worth mentioning are Spokane and Yakima. They’re both huge college towns. 

3 minutes ago, iStu X said:

There’s the tri-cities in SE Washington but no one gives a shit about them. The only actual places in Eastern Washington worth mentioning are Spokane and Yakima. They’re both huge college towns. 

I did a project near Moses Lake, WA, about 8 years ago. Stayed at a hotel in town and the receptionist was a young woman who asked what we were doing there. I told her we were working on an archaeology project. She told me all of it is fake, that the earth is only 7,000 years old, and that dinosaurs never existed. And she believed that shit because it's written in the bible 🤣

2 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

I did a project near Moses Lake, WA, about 8 years ago. Stayed at a hotel in town and the receptionist was a young woman who asked what we were doing there. I told her we were working on an archaeology project. She told me all of it is fake, that the earth is only 7,000 years old, and that dinosaurs never existed. And she believed that shit because it's written in the bible 🤣

That’s the sad part about E. WA. Those small towns and cities are beautiful cause of the landscape surrounding them and the architecture but god dammit the people are dumb. Lol