Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 2.0

1 minute ago, iStu X said:

The adaptation while not amazing was good enough and was interesting enough to me to look into the source material/manga. Which is ultimately what every adaptation hopes to accomplish, imo. 

Thanks to the piqued interest I’ve read almost all of Battle Angel thanks to Comixology Unlimited. 

lol I imagine someone thinking that movie was anything but vapid sequel baiting trash taking a look into the manga and being overwhelmed to see that it's more hard scifi then popcorn.    Not a single person in the manga looks like they shop at abercrombie and fitch.

Comixology has Last order and Mars Chronicles on it?  I need to catch up on Mars Chronicles and see what these kunslers are all about.

damn... apparently there's a hostage situation at Ubisoft in Montreal...

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ubisoft-montreal-office-involved-in-possible-hostage-situation/1100-6484436/

on another vampire note though... I was thinking another tactic one could employ as a "Tzimisce" from VTM....would be to flesh-craft a ghoul to look like yourself... so that ghoul could make appearances as you during the day.  Perfect cover right there, folks.  

Edited by MillionX

Okay. Now it's just weird.

Remember that problem I had where the background wasn't animated.  Well, it's back.

The weird part?  It's only affecting this thread and only on this computer.  I go to a different thread and everything's cool.  I switch to a different background and everything's cool.  For some reason, only this background and ONLY in this thread is there a problem.  No, I'm not making this up.  It's not a big deal, I'm just saying that I happened to find this all out.................On Friday the 13th.

EDIT:  And this too.

Edited by Deadly_Raver
1 hour ago, Angel said:

lol seeing all those good actors in Alita battle angel being wasted for that drivel will always stain my soul. 

Even more so than fake fans talking about how good the movie was and how much it follows the og story XD......okay person who only watched the shitty ova's once and never read an actual chapter of the manga.  They be big mad when I start rockb spoiling the shit out of them, like it matters.

I haven’t watched it yet. But I also never read the manga lol anime fraud 

7 minutes ago, Reticently said:

Woot, I'm being taken off a super annoying clinical trial that has me flying out all the time and put on an oncology trial where everything is in driving distance and I literally already know the doctors personally.

#GoodDayAtWork

if you turn into Captain America or Spider Man, I'll buy a six pack of it.  Name your own price.

On 11/11/2020 at 9:17 PM, AriesWarlock said:

After the news of Miley Cyrus making a rock album, another pop star says she also wants to make a rock album 🤔

Pop star Halsey has voiced an urgent desire to make a rock album sooner rather than later in a recent interview.

Good. I miss good rock, stuff that isn't like what rock became in the mid to late 90s.

I have this opinion that great artists help kill the medium they create in through no fault of their own, because less talented artists try to copy what they're doing, and I definitely think that's been the case with rock. Say what you want about Nirvana & Korn (and maybe the Deftones, but I don't know much about them), but they ushered in a sea change in the genre and inevitably a lot of hacks tried to copy them by singing their own trumped up LiveJournal posts over paint by numbers guitar riffs and fucked everything up.

5 hours ago, Angel said:

lol seeing all those good actors in Alita battle angel being wasted for that drivel will always stain my soul. 

Even more so than fake fans talking about how good the movie was and how much it follows the og story XD......okay person who only watched the shitty ova's once and never read an actual chapter of the manga.  They be big mad when I start rockb spoiling the shit out of them, like it matters.

I read the whole Manga (except the newest one) and I loved the movie. *shrug*

I tried reading some of Mars Chronicles but I found it pretty boring and kinda try hard. Maybe it gets better, I dunno I didn't put enough time into it to really come to conclusion. Both BAA and LO grabbed me right away and held me the whole time. MC didn't come to close to doing the same for me unfortunatly. 

Edited by RSG3

Oof, I can see that, Mars Chronicle isn't just filled with a bunch of mindless shonen type fighting so that's going to be a deciding factor for people expecting another long ass Zott tournament.   It is for a sure a lot more cerebral and story driven unlike that horrid excuse of a movie that completely trashes what the actual tone of the manga is about.   I love seeing Yoko's actual origin and how Erica becomes such a great villain.   That is one thing about Battle angel that sets it apart imo and that is the antagonist are all so well made, something that is TRULY missing from the movie.  They all become just cartoony nobodies of any importance as "Alita" just walks around gaining power ups like some brain dead shonen in the movie.    I just can't forgive it or the ova for how they treated Makaku as some throwaway baddie to the point of just combining him with the nobody character whose body he snatched.   I guess ppl that don't care about actual plot couldn't care less about stuff like actual character growth but over this past year I have started to realize that about of a lot of these so called anime fans.   

I think the craziest thing about the movie is all the weirdo incels and right wing nut jobs that clung to it with this alita army shit that have never read the manga in some strange effort to slight the captain marvel movie.   Some strange shit if you ask me,  but of course I disliked both movies but enjoyed the REAL captain marvel aka shazaam.   Like just let billy have his fucking name already marvel, no one gives a fuck about carol. 

lol these reviews of the alita battle angel both make me laugh and wince at the same time.  I think my biggest issue is waiting decades for this thing and then realizing we can't get a bad ass actual animated series since Kishiro sold the rights to Cameron and simply doesn't have the say so to green light an actual show.    Man imagine a series that was like that netflix cgi movie for Altered Carbon but it was each episode, that would be sick and about the most we could ask for with how they do things these days. 

alitasucks.PNG

38 minutes ago, Angel said:

Mars Chronicle isn't just filled with a bunch of mindless shonen type fighting so that's going to be a deciding factor for people expecting another long ass Zott tournament.  

Wasn't that. I don't need a big shonen tournament. LO doesnt even start with a tournament. That's a few chapters later OG Manga doesn't even have one and spends plenty of time pontificating and being cerebral. I just was reading it and the writer introduces all these kids and first thing I think is "How many pages till all these kids are brutally murdered" and yea like 2 chapters later or some shit all the kids are predictably brutally murdered and I was kinda bored. This Manga used to surprise me. I called that shit page 1. It felt predictable. Yea I could certainly read more and probably will eventually but at the time I was pretty disappointdd. Waa

Didn't get far enough for the Cerbral shit to really even start honestly. 

38 minutes ago, Angel said:

the weirdo incels and right wing nut jobs that clung to it with this alita army shit that have never read the manga in some strange effort to slight the captain marvel movie.   Some strange shit if you ask me,  but of course I disliked both movies but enjoyed the REAL captain marvel aka shazaam.   Like just let billy have his fucking name already marvel, no one gives a fuck about carol. 

That was weird but hey people latch onto shit for weird reasons. I try not to give it the time of day, it's a waste of time. 

29 minutes ago, Angel said:

lol these reviews of the alita battle angel both make me laugh and wince at the same time.  I think my biggest issue is waiting decades for this thing and then realizing we can't get a bad ass actual animated series since Kishiro sold the rights to Cameron and simply doesn't have the say so to green light an actual show.    Man imagine a series that was like that netflix cgi movie for Altered Carbon but it was each episode, that would be sick and about the most we could ask for with how they do things these days. 

Id rather they stay the absolute fuck away from CGI. I'm sick of these shitty looking CGI shows, it's not nice to look at. New GitS show is fucking ugly as shit, everything looks like plastic. Batou looks like a stupid ass action figure. The Beserk CGI show was nasty looking to. 

Normal ass looking animation please and thank you. 

Edited by RSG3
10 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

I hope the procedure goes well man

I'm glad you 2 have a close bond. 

Keep us informed!

I read this as “I hope the acupuncture goes well” and I was about to be “did this mf’er not read what I said” 

and me too man. He’s missed out on so much cause of this fucking shit. No one deserves the stuff he’s had to go through. 

edit: @RSG3 the worst thing about Alita was AlphaCharlie. 

Edited by iStu X

So Rsg only read all of two chapters of Mars Chronicles....good to know.    And yeah the Zott Tournament lasted damn near an entire decade so.....   :coffee:

Anyways I'm over here laughing at another yungdefiant video.  Dude is like the patron saint of trolls.   That amount of salt he wrings out of weebs and gamers alike has got to be approaching biblical levels these days. 

edit:

lol this article seems right on the money

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/a-2-year-study-of-more-than-5-000-people-shows-this-1-activity-destroys-your-emotional-and-physical?utm_source=pocket-newtab

9 minutes ago, Angel said:

So Rsg only read all of two chapters of Mars Chronicles....good to know. 

I mean...yea...thats pretty much exactly what I said in my initial post. 

And yeah the Zott Tournament lasted damn near an entire decade so.....   :coffee:

Doesn't mean I spent the entire decade reading it. I'd peek in every now and then and catch up then put it back down. Took a while for the Tournament to even be a thing which is fine. I don't need a tournament. Don't need fighting. Lots of chapters are devoid of it and there where plenty of times the ZOTT started to get boring due to the endless fighting and nothing else of consiquence really happening. I dunno why you are assuming I just want a big long 10 year endless tournament or something lol. 

yungdefiant

Never heard of him. Will have to look up. 

Edited by RSG3
5 hours ago, M A R T I A N said:

I struggle to believe that you even read my post if you actually think I was at any point talking about the Remake. 🙄

Out of the two games I mentioned, you picked out the one that happens to have a remake.  Now, if Einhander had a remake that plays on PS5, that just might push a few more units.

1 hour ago, iStu X said:

I read this as “I hope the acupuncture goes well” and I was about to be “did this mf’er not read what I said” 

and me too man. He’s missed out on so much cause of this fucking shit. No one deserves the stuff he’s had to go through. 

edit: @RSG3 the worst thing about Alita was AlphaCharlie. 

Good look to your BIL man. That sounds rough. Glad there is a potential remedy for him.

As for you edit. Your dead on. AlphaCharlie is the worst type of poster there is. Dude will  argue with people that like something he does because he lacks the intelligence to read the thread before running his mouth. I hope it's a troll act, if not he's one the most intellectually deficient people I've had the misfortune of meeting on the internet.

Amazon Prime TV Reviews:

Marvelous Ms. Maisel:  a comedy/drama about a  Jewish woman who wants to become a stand up comedian in 1958

Pros: 

The clothes/hairstyles/sets/music selection is pretty pleasing and accurate from what I know of that time

When Midge tells jokes in front of an actual crowd, its pretty funny

Tony Shalhoub is great

Cons:

For being a drama and comedy, a lot of times the drama isn't that compelling. She lives in an lavish , big apt and even though she ends up getting divorced, it doesn't really change her life THAT much.  She gets stiffed by some club owners and arrested, but it isn't really till Season 3' end that she really has a big setback imo.   Also, they take a long time to reveal to the parents that she's a comedian. (Seasons are 8 episodes and there are only 3 so far)

Her ex-husband Joel is portrayed as somewhat of a loser as he has an affair in S1, but later on, the producers are trying to "rehabilitate" him through giving him a new job /love interest, etc.  He just isnt that interesting and hes shown with his best friend/former work colleague who he has no chemistry with.

They can't jettison him  bc he has kids with the lead character, but he  drags the show to a halt.

A small thing:  While there are black characters in the show, all the white characters mostly get along with them and racism is very minimal. 

Overall: 7/10

Edited by DangerousJ

damn it's kinda tough keeping up--- there's at least 2 "detractor streams" re-streaming Phil at the moment... (Almighty Tev and LSB)

Update---playing around like he was going to drop the controller... he ACTUALLY dropped the damn controller on the system.  It left a little scuff mark on the system.  

Considering how delicate game systems are in recent gens, it's possible there might be something wrong with it or the controller now.

Just now, Illwill88 said:

What a dumbfuck, if I'm able to get a decent career and new identity the last thing I'm going to do is steal from my job. 50 years of living free I'd say he won.

On some level, I wonder if he WANTED to be caught. 

Doing the math, he's right around 70 years old and still working.  Prison might be his retirement plan.

A convicted killer who escaped from two sheriff's deputies during his grandmother's funeral in Homewood in 1971 is finally in custody again after nearly 50 years on the run.

An FBI fugitive task force in Detroit on Thursday captured Leonard Rayne Moses, who had been convicted in the 1968 killing of Mary Amplo with a Molotov cocktail during civil unrest over the assassination of Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.

He was 16 at the time of the conviction.

Moses was living in suburban Flint, Mich., under the name Paul Dickson and working as a traveling pharmacist licensed in Michigan since at least 1999, the FBI and Allegheny County Sheriff's Office said at a news conference Friday.

"We've never forgotten about this case," said Sheriff William Mullen.

Authorities said Moses' capture stemmed from his arrest in January in Michigan on an embezzlement charge brought by police in Saint Clair Shores after officers said video showed him stealing hydrocodone pills from a CVS pharmacy where he was working in December.

Police fingerprinted him in that case and the prints were entered into a nationwide database last month. The FBI's Next Generation Identification system matched the prints with those from the 1968 murder, said Michael Christman, special agent in charge of the Pittsburgh FBI. Fingerprint examiners also confirmed the match, he said.

Literally everything about this is some crazy ish.

Also El Paso is still on fire with CoVid. People don't think we should lock anything down. The Attorney General of the State sued El Paso to stop our county judge from imposing a curfew and succeeded (because the Governor's order supercedes) and people think its jokes.

I feel like the one guy in disaster movies that spent a lot of time telling people things were gonna go down and ignored. Shit sucks, famalam.