Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 2.0

12 hours ago, M A R T I A N said:

Under Night is great. I used to play the hell out of it before DBFZ dropped. The cast is incredibly unique and doing combos in that game feels damn good.

Granblue is awesome too, but I feel I got bored with it pretty quickly since it's just such a simple game. The new characters would've gotten me back into it probably but, Arcsys expects you to shell out $80 for the "get all the characters" Edition and then another $50 for the second set of characters.

Dudes must be high. 

I agree, Under Night is probably a much better and less exploitative pickup than Granblue.

Granblue is one of the strangest feeling fighting games I've ever played. Weird meme-y runs, slow jumps for most characters, small throw range, special move cooldowns (wtf), really basic combo structure. I just don't get the appeal.

Both games get called "anime ST" but until there's anime games with jump-in combos that do 60% with 3 hits, fireballs with absurd hitstun/blockstun, and rounds that last like 25 seconds, pretty sure nothing should be called that.

aha, and recently they hit on a favorite topic here

oh noooo say it aint so Aba.... you're one of those that says "it doesn't exist."  

That shit is so stupid it actually annoys me, man.  Most people seem to say that really just disagree with the term itself (my Dad is one of those people, btw)...which is dumb if that's the case; just because you hate the name of a thing doesn't mean the situation doesn't exist....it's not really a matter of "opinion" either.   Things and situations exist whether you or I like it or not.

I'd agree that the continuance of it is self-imposed though.  People should stop wasting their time and emotional well-being on those that DON'T feel the same way....because chances are that shit will never change.  She will ALWAYS see you as "like a brother" or "like family", for years and years and years....it's never worth the pain to stay in that "Zone".

This reminds me that it's another sad, horrible reality that most people are reluctant to expect.... I don't believe "there's someone for everyone!"  That is some "happy movie ending" BS right there, big time.  I doubt there's any such thing as a "soul-mate" either.  The majority of our species wants to continue believing this fairy tale though.

EDIT---eh, that was a disappointing one; they didn't really go in depth on it at all.

The comment section was much better on this one... I like this one someone posted:

"The friendzone is like a waiting room for something you’ll never receive."

Edited by MillionX
9 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

Wifi Warriors stay mad.

I both need to, and desperately don't want to, run a long ethernet cable to my office for my PC.  The kids don't give me enough peace to play anything on the PS4 in the living room anymore.

My kids are wild, so I actually need to do that shit properly instead of just leaving it on the floor.  And the geometry is such that I'd have to drill through a wall and install an outlet plate.   Pain in the ass.

5 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Bout to go get my brain poked for this covid test. 

the real kicker is I can’t return to work for 2 weeks regardless if my test is negative. Looks like I might finally beat P5. 

or I could practice execution, but everyone knows practicing is for squares 

Hope it's nothing! Keep us informed!

1 hour ago, KingTubb said:

Bout to go get my brain poked for this covid test. 

the real kicker is I can’t return to work for 2 weeks regardless if my test is negative. Looks like I might finally beat P5. 

or I could practice execution, but everyone knows practicing is for squares 

Dunno if you had the test yet, but if you breathe in when they put the stick up your nose it helps. "Praying you're negative" has a whole new connotation these days 🤣

Different Djinns/Drugs that you smoke give you different powers but it comes with a price. You become their slave. It's really hard to disconnect from them and the smoke will linger until it's out of your system. You must keep feeding it smoke or it starts dying. When it dies it actually hurts you. It sucks.  

Edited by Thoth369
14 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Asian girl tried to downplay herself real hard. She seriously telling these girls she at the bottom of the attractive totem pole. 

She was like "I'm Asian. I don't think I'll be rated that high." 🤣 I knew from the jump that big girl would be fifth and the sister would be 4th. Asian chick was gonna be 1st. I wasn't sure about the blonde. She was average to me but blondes tend to get overrated. Surprised they stuck her at third. I would stuck her at 4th personally. 

5 hours ago, Sonero said:

Scott Summers finally transforming into the cuck we all know him to be?

In the newest X-men run Scott and Jean are in an open relationships with Logan and Emma Frost. 

so..

edit: forgot to add, it isn’t mutually exclusive that Jean hooks up with Logan and Scott. She’s also been hinted at hooking up with Emma too. Same goes for everyone else. 

Edited by iStu X
28 minutes ago, Thoth369 said:

Different Djinns/Drugs that you smoke give you different powers but it comes with a price. You become their slave. It's really hard to disconnect from them and the smoke will linger until it's out of your system. You must keep feeding it smoke or it starts dying. When it dies it actually hurts you. It sucks.  

but, what if I let some drugged up chick bite me in the arm on halloween?  Also.  Is there a difference between being bitten in the forearm, tricep, or bicep?   I'm asking for research purposes.

6 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Outside of Spiderman, what are dudes trying to play on PS5?

From what I hear PS5 runs PS4 games better than PS4. People are hitting their backlogs and playing games like Sekiro, FFXV, or any game with an uncapped frame rate at 60fps. A lot of PS4 Pro games had dynamic resolution and/or uncapped frame rates. On PS5 resoluition and frame rate are staying at max level. Even old PS4 launch games like Killzone Shadowfall are seeing a benefit. I have that game, it was supposed to be 60fps, but was really 35 to 45 fps most of the time. It's a locked 60 on PS5.

What do you guys think about the early Darkstalkers Projectile Game Mechanics?

"Projectile Battles:
When two projectiles (eg, fireballs) clash, they "fight" for dominance instead of just cancelling each other out. Which one wins is based on strength of attack used and timing of it's launch.:

When two projectiles are thrown towards each other, the strength of the button used overrides the other projectile.
-"Weaker" projectiles lose to "stronger" ones (eg, LP fireball losing to MP and so on), unless the weaker one is thrown after.)
-Projectiles of the same strength thrown at the same time will cancel each other out,  

-The one fired later will override the one thrown earlier. If two projectiles of equal strength .

The more distance a projectile travels until it connects, the less damage it does. This goes for specials"

Unlike other fighting games, in which two colliding fireball-type attacks cancel each other out or pass right by each other, Darkstalkers features a new missile attack priority system. Each projectile has a certain momentum which is equal to the maximum possible distance minus the distance traveled.

In general:

For example, if two Demitris throw two Chaos Flares, but one is performed with  and the other one with , then the  one will override the  Flare.

1. Is it to complicated?

2. Does it give depth?

3. What's the terrible part?

4. Is it interesting?

5. Does it makes projectile war not very Fighting Game?

3 hours ago, Sonero said:

Out of all the disney princesses, Ariel is the trickiest one. She has this weird combination of curiousity and youthful impulsivity. The conflict in it seems weird from an adult perspective.

Not my favorite as far as music goes either. Thinking Menken did way better after it. 

Ariel is my least fav of the princesses. Tiana, Mulan (when Disney needs to count her for reasons) are my fave. Both also have songs that are great!

Edited by TheInfernoman
2 hours ago, Sonero said:

Outside of Spiderman, what are dudes trying to play on PS5?

I've never played a Souls game before so I'm kinda intrigued by Demon's Souls.  Right now I'm almost done with Rise of the Tomb Raider, which I started on PS4 a few weeks ago and the jump in performance is definitely noticeable. 

When I finish Spider-Man, I'll probably jump into Ghost of Tsushima again and do a New Game+ on lethal and check out the multiplayer stuff. It now runs at 4K/60.

Destiny is getting a 4K/60 patch for PS5 in December and when that happens I'll be playing the new expansion over the holidays.

Astro's Playroom is awesome too 😂

Guys, today is a very special #METALMONDAY because today 32 years ago, the band Death released their second album LEPROSY. Distancing itself from their first album which was more thrash metal sounding, Leprosy set the bases for that old school death metal sound you hear so much about. The brilliant mastermind that was Chuck Schuldiner pushed death metal in terms of speed and rhythm complexity. And when one band member couldn't keep up, Death would bring over more experienced musicians to fill the roles from famous bands like Testament, Exodus, Mercyful Fate. Truly one of death metal classics 🤘 Some hot girls in the video as well

125434410_3237117736393642_2058112978980

@M A R T I A N@KingTubb@Abbachio@Sonero

Edited by AriesWarlock
5 hours ago, Deadly_Raver said:

but, what if I let some drugged up chick bite me in the arm on halloween?  Also.  Is there a difference between being bitten in the forearm, tricep, or bicep?   I'm asking for research purposes.

I'm not sure what would happen if you get bit. You might get infected by the Djinn with "something" since the Djinn makes them do that for a reason. I'm pretty sure nothing will happen other than some type of bacterial or viral infection if the girl is dirty. 

Well, Djinns are not all bad though. Some are good while some are bad. They are like people and some will probably help you, but I would not trust them. You need to respect them though. 

If the Djinn is really attached or in love with you it's going to be hard to rid of it from your body. If someone is possessed by a Djinn and that Djinn is really in love with you, that would be big trouble. Those are the crazy obsessed people. 

People with weed addictions actually have a female plant Djinn controlling them.  

Nature especially water and sunlight kills the Djinn. 

Yes, they can make you feel good, but if you start leaving them, they are going to feel hurt, and they won't let go easily. They will even hurt your body as they die inside you. 

Oh, man, there are so many spirits of many types in my house. Spirits of all kinds of elements. I should probably become friends with some of them. Some will never befriend me though. 

Edited by Thoth369