Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 2.0

3 minutes ago, Angel said:

hrm...how so?

Because how stagnant the industry is with old heads wanting to maintain the status quo. New character have a difficult time catching on because they are not the big names. When said new character is a legacy they cry about their favorite character being replaced and not being the one they want. Comics haven't catch up to digital like most other mediums because of how much of a danger it poses to local shops and it's being handicapped to appease them. Diamond having such a tight monopoly on distribution that the industry damn near collapse when it was forced to shutdown due to Covid.  When DC helped established two new distribution companies comic shop owners threw a fit over it. 

It feels like the fandom and the people working within it don't want to get with the times and are determined to keep shit the same to it's detriment. No wonder Manga hands them their ass every time. 

15 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

This is what's killing modern comics. 

American Comics dont have half rbe media stuff that Anime Weeb stuff does.

The cartoons are also seen as marketing tools for toys rather than foe the IP in general. So you have a lot of stuff that could've been aimed at teens that never really made it there.

Preacher would've been an anime 3 times over if it were a manga. Instead it took like 20 years for one alright show. Thems the breaks.

4 minutes ago, Sonero said:

The cartoons are also seen as marketing tools for toys rather than foe the IP in general. So you have a lot of stuff that could've been aimed at teens that never really made it there.

This part drives me nuts about some cancelled shows. Some great cartoons lacked the potential in the eyes of executives to sell toys. Some shows were killed because of a regime change and didn't want a previous regime to take credit for a shows success so kill the show and make a new show or new ver that the new exec can claim was a success under them. 

33 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Because how stagnant the industry is with old heads wanting to maintain the status quo. New character have a difficult time catching on because they are not the big names. When said new character is a legacy they cry about their favorite character being replaced and not being the one they want. Comics haven't catch up to digital like most other mediums because of how much of a danger it poses to local shops and it's being handicapped to appease them. Diamond having such a tight monopoly on distribution that the industry damn near collapse when it was forced to shutdown due to Covid.  When DC helped established two new distribution companies comic shop owners threw a fit over it. 

It feels like the fandom and the people working within it don't want to get with the times and are determined to keep shit the same to it's detriment. No wonder Manga hands them their ass every time. 

Don't blame comic owners for throwing a fit over dc distribution. Owners were getting the shit end of the stick from DC and diamond.  My home comic store legit abandoned doing new comics because of it and only sell old comics after like 30 years 

Edited by Maxx

Do you actually see "666" often, AriesWarlock? I used to see the number 6 a lot before my Awakening. 6 came as 6, 66, 666, and so on. One time my friend and I saw the number 6 in pretty much all the cars in a portion of a parking lot. After my Awakening, I started seeing other number sequences repeatedly. Before the Awakening I was really into the dark side. 

Edited by Thoth369
2 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Last time I played through Bravely Default when Tiz hit level 13 his HP was 666. 

I ended up just letting the file sit as is and started another one. 

I need to pick Bravely 1 up again. I was having fun but im pretty sure I fucked my party composition up by experimenting lol. Should start a new file and start over. Game was fun. Really classic Final Fantasy feeling. 

Just now, RSG3 said:

I need to pick Bravely 1 up again. I was having fun but im pretty sure I fucked my party composition up by experimenting lol. Should start a new file and start over. Game was fun. Really classic Final Fantasy feeling. 

I think once I’m “done” with age of calamity I’m going to play through Default and Second before Default II comes out in January. 

I doubt they’ll be connected but it’ll be nice to freshen my brain with the mechanics 

2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

You are combining different issues as one. 

For starters there are a lot economic reasons of why thecomic shop owners disliked the idea of dealing with other distributors, some were dumb, but others were valid. 

Your complain about new chars having a difficult time gets disacredited when we see how many new chars and legacy characters have been able to became staples from their series in the past, the "new" blue beetle, the multiple flash, each new robin and batgirl. 

People find issues with new chars when they are written terribly and or are unlikeable, like Riri for example. 

Then you have the fact that every hobby has its share of assholes. 

Yet you see them thrieving. 

The situation with comics goes waaaaay beyond some assholes on the internet taking the piss over noobs. 

7 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

As a matter of fact... it is a recurring number, yes. $6.66 over here, 66.6% over there, and different variations of the number throughout the years. 🤷‍♂️

Interesting. I always thought it was the Devil showing me those numbers. I always enjoyed seeing them. It gave me a sense of power. I started seeing it when I used to go to the arcade a lot to play SFIV and smoke weed all day with my friends. My main was M. Bison who is basically Satan. 

Edited by Thoth369
20 minutes ago, Thoth369 said:

Interesting. I always thought it was the Devil showing me those numbers. I always enjoyed seeing them. It gave me a sense of power. I started seeing it when I used to go to the arcade a lot to play SFIV and smoke weed all day with my friends. My main was M. Bison who is basically Satan. 

Well, nobody else could have been showing you those numbers. As Anton Lavey, founder of the church of Satan, wrote "all magick, white and black derives from the same source: Satan." So I guess your are headed to everlasting damnation. Do try to enjoy the ride though 👍It's all we'll have left as your body burns and it is renewed, and your memories are forgotten while in the different levels of hell

Edited by AriesWarlock
8 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

Well, nobody else could have been showing you those numbers. As Anton Lavey, founder of the church of Satan, wrote "all magick, white and black derives from the same source: Satan." So I guess your are headed to everlasting damnation. Do try to enjoy the ride though 👍It's all we'll have left as your body burns and it is renewed, and your memories are forgotten while in the different levels of hell

Fascinating. Focusing on what you enjoy is what I learned from those numbers. 

1 hour ago, Reticently said:

Why, it almost seems as if 10% of all digits are 6.

The way I see it has become a statistical impossibility. The number became omnipresent. It was the only number that I kept on seeing repeatedly as 6, 66, 666, 6666, and so on. Even if I didn't look for it, I would see it. It's like the number is saying "Hey, sup? Gotcha again". It's a strange and empowering phenomenon. 

Edited by Thoth369
11 minutes ago, Thoth369 said:

Fascinating. Focusing on what you enjoy is what I learned from those numbers. 

Yes, fascinating. Also a big kick in the balls when you found out where you are headed if you are to believe those who claim to be representatives of the celestial host. "You were born with the sun inside." "just the thought of desiring another man's woman makes you a sinner."

Ok... Someone tell me how the hell do you do to tie your thoughts so they don't wander like that?? 🤔

Edited by AriesWarlock
35 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

Yes, fascinating. Also a big kick in the balls when you found out where you are headed if you are to believe those who claim to be representatives of the celestial host. "You were born with the sun inside." "just the thought of desiring another man's woman makes you a sinner."

Ok... Someone tell me how the heel do you do to tie your thoughts so they don't wander like that?? 🤔

How? Are you talking about stopping those unwanted thoughts? Just be aware and ignore it or do something to distract yourself like music. That's what I do. You seem to be doing the same thing. Doing what makes you happy will tone down or stop the bad thoughts.

Yes, it seems like a hard task to not go to Hell. You're like "Fuck it. It's too hard". 

Edited by Thoth369

That is something that my brother and i have talked about when it comes to certain christian groups.

There is this prevalent way of speak where they minimize you, where they insists on words like, you are nothing without god/christ, your lay on his feet, etc, etc.

Diminishing your value as a person, and that you only have value as part of the collective.

Is specially prevalent on the protestant side, which funny enough, at least here in my country, tends to be the more fanatiq when it comes to how they try to enforce their povs on everyone else.

Well, they do say that Lucifer, Satan, and Yeshua/Jesus are the Morning Star and the Serpent. God and the Devil are the same thing. They are just different aspects of the one thing. It's also possible that Lucifer who became Satan is Jesus's brother. 

Edited by Thoth369

The funny thing is that Lucifer, The Devil and Satan are 3 differnt entities that for some reason have been coalesced into the same entity in the western versions of the juedo christian religions.

Lucifer was the fallen angel that started a rebellion against god. He was pressumeable a Seraphim, which is the one higher in the heriarchy of the speheres in the heaven, which is what made his betrayal something big, since they are the closest to god, just behind the Archangel (singular, since there is only one, Michael, the rest arent really archangels and are seraphims in the original tradition)

The devil is a mispronunciation of the name of an angel that basically translates to the accuser, or the eyes of god.

He is the angel that sees everything and tells god about it.

And Satan is a demon that predates the judeo christian religions, that was later incorporated to the traditions.

Edited by Hecatom
3 hours ago, axeman61 said:

Went to Urgent Care about my shoulder before a Dr. appointment I scheduled. I have bursitis. Might also be a rotator cuff tear, but it's definitely bursitis. Whatever it is, I wouldn't hesitate to kill it if it took human form. This pain is on another level.

I had to take my car in to get looked at yesterday and decided to walk home rather then Uber and today, my right foot started absolutely killing me. Just came up all the sudden. 

Made me think of this comedian I saw open for Jim Gaffigan once who had a bit about going to bed fine and waking up injured when you get little older 😂

7 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

So did they give you extra strength ibuprofen, tell you to ice it, and avoid physical activity with the arm?

Yep on the anti-inflammatory. They gave me other meds too, but tried to refer me to Physical Therapy. They didn't tell me to ice it, though that could just be something they forgot. I'm going to try avoiding activity with the arm anyway. The meds are hacking away at the pain, but it was really something else last night. I tried icing it, but it helped so little I put the ice back. I'll be so glad when this is over.

Also, happy birthday to me. My arm killing me almost made me forget that. I turn 33 today.

Edited by axeman61
4 hours ago, axeman61 said:

Yep on the anti-inflammatory. They gave me other meds too, but tried to refer me to Physical Therapy. They didn't tell me to ice it, though that could just be something they forgot. I'm going to try avoiding activity with the arm anyway. The meds are hacking away at the pain, but it was really something else last night. I tried icing it, but it helped so little I put the ice back. I'll be so glad when this is over.

Also, happy birthday to me. My arm killing me almost made me forget that. I turn 33 today.

Happy birthday bruv! Have a great day in spite of your jack off arm giving you static