Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 2.0

5 hours ago, Sonero said:

Yang is playing footsies like Dudley is. Yang and Dudley have different gameplans when they have you cornered it isn't "semi grappler" stuff.

I'd agree with everything you said aside from this. Yang is "playing footsies" in the sense that every character is, but he has so many tools to essentially skip footsies in a way that Dudley definitely doesn't.

3s is so wack anyway.

7 minutes ago, Scanman said:

I'd agree with everything you said aside from this.

Yang has a good divekick, but his most important tool is cr.mk xx rekka. He uses it for whiff punishes, confirms, to pressure through chip damage etc.  He is going to play a lot more grounded than Yun in that respect.

@DangerousJDale in front of his friends would complain the government is doing this for the vaccine to chip us...but in secret Dale will be hoarding everything. Dale proved he hoards in the Y2K episode. Hank may freak out (there was an episode about him going overboard with safety) but will reassure everyone later it's going to be okay. I can also see Peggy freak out about improper mask wearing. Cotton will call them face diapers. 

Image also is missing Khan's family. something about bragging that he has ways to get all the N95 Masks shipped to him. 

Mostly accurate though. 

^ I agree with Angle. Politics are very girly. No real man cares about Trump or Bedin.. in fact's caring about their politics results to a person being right or left; no one is straight. 

religion threads are better than politics, especially when HE is in those threads. There was always something special when seeing an Atheist get the Greatest Poster's foot right up his ass for having the audacity to force his atheistic shit down everyones throat.

I think we should talk about him more and how SRK losing him is like when Hogan left WWF for WCW back in 1994.  

I was checking out more of that "Cult Movie Reviews" channel....he has one for House 2.... I remember this being one of the biggest disappointments back in the day... it was nowhere near as good/entertaining as the first "House" movie.  It featured Jonathan Stark who was the ghoul "Billy" in the original Fright Night; that was one of the only interesting things about it for me.

I didn't notice until now that it also has that girl who was the psychic "Tina" from Friday the 13th VII. 

Random, but: my shoulder is feeling much better. I have no pain in it and damn-near full mobility back in my arm. Don't know if I need the meds at this point, but I'm going to keep taking them until they're gone.

But whoever makes the pill for Prednisone needs to be arrested. That pill tastes like crimes against humanity. It works, but goddamn.

I never even gave chitlins a chance... after hearing what it is, and after smelling the unbelievable stench... no way.  Someone would have to pay me to each such disgusting slave-era nonsense.... and I'm talkin' at least several thousands of dollars for me to *possibly* consider it.

Souse is the other top-tier pick in terms of nasty, unappealing "food".  I still don't understand how anyone can take one look at that in the grocery meat section and think "heyyy that looks pretty good...".  Then again, perhaps it's all explained by the simple notion you realize eventually in life---- most people just have incredibly bad taste.  The price for me to eat souse would be about the same as chitlins, btw.... several thousand...maybe even 10k + for me to even start considering it.

Edited by MillionX
3 hours ago, axeman61 said:

But whoever makes the pill for Prednisone needs to be arrested. That pill tastes like crimes against humanity. It works, but goddamn.

I have a feeling their concerns and focus werent on taste but on preventing pain. 

Edited by RSG3
2 hours ago, axeman61 said:

Also, WTF with chitlins? In order to cook them, you have to clean them a bunch of times. And they still taste that damn awful. If it's that damn nasty after multiple cleanings

it doesn't really want to be food.

I don't think people are supposed to eat this stuff.

More broadly, I think there are a lot of "traditional" foods that are traditional because it's what the common people ate, and the common people ate them because they couldn't afford anything else.

43 minutes ago, IcyBlackDeep said:

More broadly, I think there are a lot of "traditional" foods that are traditional because it's what the common people ate, and the common people ate them because they couldn't afford anything else.

People made better use of the whole animal in the yester years. Food prep made things better, but we were eating healthier before.

What did happen was that richer people could afford to be picky. Not necessarily better just choose to be picky as a way to distance themselves from common folk. By that process then, as people went up the income ladder, they also chose to be picky about things. This is why certain cuts and other meats (like sweet meats) fell out of favor. Everybody wanted to pretend they were rich; not really an indictment of nutritional values of any one food.

Tripitas in tacos are pretty top tier though.

3 hours ago, axeman61 said:

For real. In terms of "nastiest things I've ever tasted", this is 2 and Chitlins (chitterlings) is 1.

Also, WTF with chitlins? In order to cook them, you have to clean them a bunch of times. And they still taste that damn awful. If it's that damn nasty after multiple cleanings it doesn't really want to be food.

Bruh, they are pig intestines. They have to be cleaned because well you know what travels through intestines. Brothers and sisters need to stop eating that shit. It's not 1820 we don't have to eat the parts of the pig that "massa" don't want anymore. 

3 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Its happened to me a few times too.

But one thing that is great about this site is that you can leave feedback and the admin who runs will try his best to fix it:

Dope thanks. 

Why does an esports journalist wanna know my fgc opinions. Lmfao is this what it has come to.. Be on a site since you were 16 and just grandfather your way into valid opinions? 

Ohhh gurl bout to give some wild ass opinions.

"drama data is useless" "if you do footsies your a pussy" "always press buttons while blocking"

47 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Bruh, they are pig intestines. They have to be cleaned because well you know what travels through intestines. Brothers and sisters need to stop eating that shit. It's not 1820 we don't have to eat the parts of the pig that "massa" don't want anymore. 

I don't mind chitlins as long as they're fried. But nowadays nobody really fixes them in my family. 

I haven't had them in years but I don't get peoples hate for them based on them essentially being slave food. I mean people only eat it once a year, and it'll always be a part of our past. 

Almost everything considered soul food was once considered low class ie:collard greens. Now hipsters are serving it and taxing people and calling themselves cultured lol

Edited by Illwill88

Oh yeah, I also got that message on SRK

Auro_08

12d

Hi, I am an esports journalist and making an interview with people of FGC, may I ask you some short questions, sir?

Also earned a badge I've never seen before

Popular Link

This badge is granted when a link you shared gets 50 clicks. Thanks for posting a useful link that added interesting context to the conversation!

32 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

Oh yeah, I also got that message on SRK

Auro_08

12d

Hi, I am an esports journalist and making an interview with people of FGC, may I ask you some short questions, sir?

Also earned a badge I've never seen before

Popular Link

This badge is granted when a link you shared gets 50 clicks. Thanks for posting a useful link that added interesting context to the conversation!

How disrespectful of him to assume your gender

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

There's so many foods that my family eat that I just ponder why. You have access to the entire animal, and you gonna eat where shit gets real. Neck bones and pig feet? I'm good. 

there's all kinds of weird stuff that reminds me of--- pig tails, pig ears, pig brains, pig feet... like Randy Jackson would say "yeahhhh It's a NO for me, dawg".  There's so many wonderful foods out there in the world at this point; and most people in this country have access to it all if they aren't at the bottom ranks of society (homeless) ....it's like continuing to dumpster dive for trash scraps despite having access to normal, better stuff.

2 hours ago, Maxx said:

One thing about this site I hate is even afte posting message will still stay in the message box. And if I miss pressing that clear button I gotta refresh. It's not a super big deal just in noticing it's been happening more and more where my post is staying in the box. 

I will look into it and see if there's anything I can do to tweak this behavior.  Normally a draft is saved if you leave text in the editing box for a certain period of time, but I'm pretty sure it's supposed to go away after you post it.

Here's one thing I did a complete 180 on--- liverwurst.  I often had this as a kid, but later on as an adult I tried it again for the first time in years... I had to spit that garbage out immediately....wondering "how the hell did I like this back then!?"

Bologna isn't that bad but there's so many things that are far superior... I haven't "resorted" to eating that in many years now.  Last time I had that was back in the 90s.

random curiosity---what did you guys typically have as lunch at school back in those good ol' days?  Cafeteria food was horrible... so I always brought my lunch.  Typically this would be a sandwich (pb&jelly, or simple turkey or other "lunchmeat" sandwich) and a drink...maybe with a small bag of chips (usually the "Lays" brand...that's the good stuff).  The drink was always some kind of fruit juice... I preferred that to sodas.

...but yeah, I hated the cafeteria food so much.. I went from 1st or 2nd grade all the way to the end of high school never eating the cafeteria's food again.

edit---the cafeteria food at my university was terrible too.  The breakfast was ok so I did get breakfast there...but lunch and dinner were pitiful.  Fortunately our campus had this other food area called the "sub" for some reason---which had mini-versions of fast food places.... Burger King, Taco Bell and Pizza Hut.

Edited by MillionX
8 minutes ago, misterBee said:

I will look into it and see if there's anything I can do to tweak this behavior.  Normally a draft is saved if you leave text in the editing box for a certain period of time, but I'm pretty sure it's supposed to go away after you post it.

I've noticed it doing it way more in the past few weeks for messages I did end up posting. 

10 minutes ago, MillionX said:

what did you guys typically have as lunch at school back in those good ol' days?

I was poor so I got free lunch. Cafeteria food wasn't great. Fries were greasy and the square pizza slices looked like afterbirth on a saltine.

The peanut butter bars sold as dessert were good though.

In high school, when I could drive and was working, my friends and I would leave and hit up a local BBQ joint, and that was fucking awesome.

Edited by Chadouken
12 minutes ago, MillionX said:

Here's one thing I did a complete 180 on--- liverwurst.  I often had this as a kid, but later on as an adult I tried it again for the first time in years... I had to spit that garbage out immediately....wondering "how the hell did I like this back then!?"

Bologna isn't that bad but there's so many things that are far superior... I haven't "resorted" to eating that in many years now.  Last time I had that was back in the 90s.

random curiosity---what did you guys typically have as lunch at school back in those good ol' days?  Cafeteria food was horrible... so I always brought my lunch.  Typically this would be a sandwich (pb&jelly, or simple turkey or other "lunchmeat" sandwich) and a drink...maybe with a small bag of chips (usually the "Lays" brand...that's the good stuff).  The drink was always some kind of fruit juice... I preferred that to sodas.

...but yeah, I hated the cafeteria food so much.. I went from 1st or 2nd grade all the way to the end of high school never eating the cafeteria's food again.

edit---the cafeteria food at my university was terrible too.  The breakfast was ok so I did get breakfast there...but lunch and dinner were pitiful.  Fortunately our campus had this other food area called the "sub" for some reason---which had mini-versions of fast food places.... Burger King, Taco Bell and Pizza Hut.

Cafeteria food. We where poor and on the school lunch program.