Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 2.0

Alright, I just confirmed this and everybody needs to know:

The whataburger spicy chicken sandwhich is hot flaming trash. It jas a flavorless heat to it. Feels like it was seasoned with "hot" flavoring they bought at a dollar store. 

The one I ate right now was so overcooked that Ben Shapiro would complain about how moist it was. Whataburger could probably deep fry a Popeye's biscuit, throw tabasco sauce on it and have something more chewable as a result.

I give this a whole hearted "Let it Admin SRK/10". 

Through grade school, My mom would make:

Turkey/ham sandwich

Chips or apple

Juice box -Ecto Cooler son!

I always had breakfast at home so I was in good shape.

In college , I made my own lunch 90 percent of the time. I commuted to my University which was only 3.5 miles away. I didn't have a meal plan or anything. Occasionally on Fridays or so I would go to the food court in the student center and get food. They had standard American chains like Chik Fil A , Subway etc.

In college sometimes if my friends and I had the same lab and finished together , we would go to some Indian or Chinese buffet or Cicis pizza since the fees were like $6/7 and eat like we were pregnant.

I must say the best ever "lunch" experiences were in the hospital when I was in Chicago a few times.

A drug rep would bring a big free lunch for the physician and staff. Sometimes you got a little or a lot depending on who it was. A lot of time we'd have to hear a presentation on a drug or powerpoint and then get the food lol.

Occasionally if it was something like pizza we would sometimes have a few slices to take home.

A lot of the times the drug rep was a cute woman lol.

https://kvia.com/news/2020/11/24/oxycontin-maker-purdue-pharma-pleads-guilty-in-criminal-case/

A pharmacist handles opioid pills from Purdue Pharma.

NEWARK, New Jersey -- OxyContin maker Purdue Pharma has pleaded guilty to criminal charges and formally admitted its role in the opioid crisis.

Tuesday’s plea before a judge in Newark is part of a larger settlement with the U.S Department of Justice that also includes resolving civil claims.

The Stamford, Connecticut-based company is to pay $225 million as part of the deal, while $8 billion in forfeitures and penalties could be waived because of a proposed deal to resolve thousands of other lawsuits.

Advocates are upset that the guilty plea applies only to the company and not executives or members of the Sackler family who own it.

oh yeah, the lunchbox situation....

Starting out around 1st or 2nd grade, I had a metal GI Joe lunchbox.... a shame that it was eventually thrown away; that might've been a collector's item by now for sure.  It had the typical painted art style that you usually saw with GI Joe back then.  After that I had a Voltron lunchbox....though it was cheaper; made of plastic instead of metal, and it only had art of Voltron on the top/lid side.

The fruit drinks in particular; I remember those were usually Hi-C juiceboxes, or some little Ocean Spray brand cran-grape.  The bonus with bringing your lunch was also that you didn't have to wait like the other kids... I'd already be seated and ready to go while the others stood in line for that terrible cafeteria food.  The best thing I could say about our cafeteria food was that the square pizzas were at least "tolerable" sometimes.  My breakfast situation was always taken care of--- I had the luxury of growing up in a family of people that enjoys cooking.....I would typically wake up to the smell of breakfast that was already set up.  heh, sheeeeittt, my childhood was pretty damn awesome.  

Just now, Illwill88 said:

That's what you get for ordering chicken from whataburger lol

Nah, it isn't entirely like that whataburger chicken. The grilled chicken melt holds it down strong. Their fried chicken sandwiches outside of tenders is just turbo wack though.

Think right now the Spicy Chicken Tier List is...

1) Chic-Fil-A

2) Popeyes

3) Anything

4) Whataburger

Which other fast food joints have spicy chicken sandwiches?

1 minute ago, Illwill88 said:

Alright I'll have to give the melt a shot next time I'm in texas. 

Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich is pretty damn good. I heard zaxby's has one now. 

Ever since popeyes blew up with theirs everybody's getting in on it.

Never had Popeye's. I figured I'd get to it after all the hoopla died down. 

5 minutes ago, Illwill88 said:

It's pretty good but super greasy.

I know my heart looking at me like "do better big man this ain't it".

I'll have to live through you. I have been avoiding fast food. There is Wendy's and Taco Bell five minutes from me. I haven't been to either in six weeks. I miss being 20 and eating like 10,000 calories a day and not putting on a pound.

2 hours ago, MillionX said:

random curiosity---what did you guys typically have as lunch at school back in those good ol' days? 

My mom made me a custom lunch every day.  She's a great chef, so I got all sorts of really great sandwiches and soups.  Sometimes she would give me hot meals like rice or noodles in a big thermos.

Looking back on it now I'm really grateful I didn't have to eat the subpar cafeteria food, but I remember as a kid I sometimes wished that I could eat the same shitty food as everyone else.  Despite how good the food was, I still wanted to fit in.  🙃  

One of the coolest parts of growing up is realizing that you don't need to be exactly like everyone else.

19 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Excuse me what?

Then again, Chick-fil-A is where it's at anyway... :coffee:

heh, yeah I miss that... one of the best perks of childhood to the teen years (and on through the 20s for some) is that if you have the high metabolism that is usual for a lot of kids...you can get away with pigging out on a regular basis while still being slim and trim.  I really miss that... because my appetite is still like Galactus-level craziness....particularly with the pizza/calzone cravings.  

...sheeeitttt, while out getting a card for someone a while ago, the thought crossed my mind as it does often--- "hmm... Jet's or ...Domino's Ultimate Pepperoni?? Eh?? or that Freschetta's at home?" 🤔

*interesting---I was curious just now and it appears my assumption about metabolism is correct; guys tend to have higher metabolism on average.

Edited by MillionX
53 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Problem with the Popeyes's sandwich and why I consider it a non-entity, its not available everywhere and those locations that have the sandwich run out quickly.  My local Popeyes never had it, the manager there even threated to kick out patrons who asked. Hence why I stopped going to them. Too bad for them there 1 Popeyes and like 3 Chickfila locations that more than happy to give me what ever I want to order. I got a easier time getting a PS5 than I do getting a Popeyes chick sandwich, as at least Sony is interested in taking my money.

It stupid as Popeyes have the distribution, and denying the sandwich to customers don't make more money. 
Working in the foods industry, I know you want to order slightly more than your demand, as you have a buffer if you have a unexpected increase in business you have the inventory to match. My fucking local Popeyes ran out of Fired Chicken before, and this is before the Pandemic. The one reason the place have to exist, and they can't even meet that demand correctly. 

The whole artificial sacristy thing don't work out, as you don't make money on product you don't sell. Keeping a sales record of how your sales doing and ordering supplies based on your projected sales forecast is how you don't turn away customer sales, turning away sales equals money you don't get.

Edited by DarkSakul

Because of its proximity to my mom and I's houses, Popeye's spicy chicken sandwich became a bit of a comfort food for a chunk of the year.  

Infinitely better than Whataburger's spicy chicken sandwich. Whataburger's spicy chicken sandwich tastes like the year 2020 ate Chic-Fil-A and said to itself: "I can do better than that".

2 hours ago, Sonero said:

Alright, I just confirmed this and everybody needs to know:

The whataburger spicy chicken sandwhich is hot flaming trash. It jas a flavorless heat to it. Feels like it was seasoned with "hot" flavoring they bought at a dollar store. 

The one I ate right now was so overcooked that Ben Shapiro would complain about how moist it was. Whataburger could probably deep fry a Popeye's biscuit, throw tabasco sauce on it and have something more chewable as a result.

I give this a whole hearted "Let it Admin SRK/10". 

Imagine going to a place called What-A-Burger and ordering a chicken sandwich. 

"Which other fast food joints have spicy chicken sandwiches?"

McDonalds..................dont recommend it...

Edited by RSG3
10 hours ago, MillionX said:

I never even gave chitlins a chance... after hearing what it is, and after smelling the unbelievable stench... no way.  Someone would have to pay me to each such disgusting slave-era nonsense.... and I'm talkin' at least several thousands of dollars for me to *possibly* consider it.

Souse is the other top-tier pick in terms of nasty, unappealing "food".  I still don't understand how anyone can take one look at that in the grocery meat section and think "heyyy that looks pretty good...".  Then again, perhaps it's all explained by the simple notion you realize eventually in life---- most people just have incredibly bad taste.  The price for me to eat souse would be about the same as chitlins, btw.... several thousand...maybe even 10k + for me to even start considering it.

Man, that shit is STILL in the store over here!!!  Nobody currently alive should have to utter the line,"Yeah.  They have Souse meat at the local store."

Chitlins?  Naw son.  Smelled those things coming from literally a half a block away and knew I wasn't gonna be down.  If I ever see or smell them on the table, I'm leaving.

Edited by Deadly_Raver
22 minutes ago, Deadly_Raver said:

Man, that shit is STILL in the store over here!!!  Nobody currently alive should have to utter the line,"Yeah.  They have Souse meat at the local store."

Chitlins?  Naw son.  Smelled those things coming from literally a half a block away and knew I wasn't gonna be down.  If I ever see or smell them on the table, I'm leaving.

My dad eats souse. I call it a "Shit Sandwich".

4 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I'm not standing in line for a chicken sandwich fam. Especially one people are getting shanked over. Shipped sailed anyone. Don't see myself eating any fast food for the foreseeable future.

There's two  Chick-fil-A over here, and every day there's a long line of cars and I am like WTF. We had some of their chicken sandwiched as freebies for some events, and AI don't see the big deal? Unless it's some other sandwich in the menu that's driving people crazy. Anyway, you can order through the app, park in one of the curbside spots and they'll bring out your order. Much faster.

4 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Alright, so what's gotta happen is I try to make a parler account and see if they ask me for SSN.

It wouldn't matter even if they did. According to what the CEO said in the screenshot I -just posted-, user verification data is deleted immediately once your account is verified.

So they don't keep your SSN sitting around on a server somewhere.

He could be lying, it's not like big tech CEOs are always honest, but that's just speculation.

I've checked CNN, AP, and Zerohedge for any news about this and saw nothing. Could they be slow? Yes (although with Zerohedge's reputation, they wouldn't take long to repost a conspiracy). Or, OR, it's just a rumor.

21 minutes ago, YourFavGrandpa said:

Parler requiring PII, then seeing far-right batshit crazy people get hacked/owned has definitely been the highlight of today.

It's almost as if you, like, didn't read anything on this page.

But don't let your bias show, that would be bad.

13 hours ago, Reticently said:

On the one hand, the fact that my employer sends me the good N95 masks is great.

On the other hand after my fourth day on site in the last 7, the cartilage in my ears is fucking killing me

My girl had a thing where she was making headbands with buttons on them you can put the mask straps on instead of your ears for nurses that were having to wear masks 24/7. If you want one let me know and I'll see if I can find any left over.

7 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

My girl had a thing where she was making headbands with buttons on them you can put the mask straps on instead of your ears for nurses that were having to wear masks 24/7. If you want one let me know and I'll see if I can find any left over.

I actually have something like that, but the one I have doesn't really take the pressure off, just changes where on my ears the straps are cutting in.

The good news is that after flying 6 times in the last 8 days, I'm not expecting to have to be on-site anywhere for the next 5 months or so.

y'know, no one would believe just how much of a convoluted mess unemployment has become at this point, thanks to the pandemic and someone (I suppose at the federal level) who decided to include all the self-employed, "non-covered" folks into being eligible, along with new programs and stimulus payments.  The ones that are relatively easy to deal with are seemingly a rarity at this point.  Everything else is a pile of nonsense where you're sitting there forever trying to figure out just how messed up it is and how to even begin fixing it.  It also doesn't help that we have a system/application that seems to fight you at every turn, no matter what the hell you're trying to do...there's many times where I just think it *had* to be an actual internet troll kind of person that came up with the whole thing...and designed it to be as unwieldly, awkward, unintuitive, etc. as possible.  In fact I'd say it's the absolute worst app/program I've ever dealt with.

Edited by MillionX
24 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Also, thanks for the offer!  Lol, just occurred to me I forgot to actually say that