Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 2.0

4 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

When will businesses finally realize that Twitter isn't the consumer base? I mean how many more companies have to lose money? Cowtowing to people that don't buy your products and pissing off people that do, is a recipe for failure.

The problem is that idiots at PR and marketing departments keep using agregates from social media to do their foundation for market research.

So, they always end it a heavy biased and not representative subsect of the market population and keep making the same mistakes over and over.

Then add that many of those idiots believe in the shit they see on social media themselves, so they perpetuate the whole cycle of leading the enterteinment industies into the trash.

One of the 1st rules when doing statistics is to try to work with samples that cover diferent basis so you dont end with biased povs.

But you cant really expect people working on corporations where they perpetuate this idea of the consumer not knowing what they want, and also perpetuating a sheep mentality to think for themselves.

Specially when is easier to get data from social media than actually do your work and make the market research the correct way.

Edited by Hecatom
3 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

When will businesses finally realize that Twitter isn't the consumer base? I mean how many more companies have to lose money? Cowtowing to people that don't buy your products and pissing off people that do, is a recipe for failure.

This is exactly the point that needs to be caved into some of these developers and quite a few other companies in the entertainment industry as a whole: 

Some pansies on twitter *do not* represent the entire costumer base. 

Most of the people that make these sorry ass complaints or nontroversies are either too literal-minded, too young, or too stupid to understand the business and how marketing is meant to operate in the entertainment. 

9 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

nR00VaW.gif

Well damn Maxx, that was an unexpected surprise.

It's funny because I was watching the frosting faustings umvc3 2019 and 2020 tournament. I forgot how hyped it is to watch that game. I can't play it remotely but viewing gets me to wanna fight a nigga in 3 on 3 combat. 

I'm really curious about this online system they created. Like is it something they can adapt to any fighting game? 

Well, I started watching Lifeforce on hbomax last night but I was already too sleepy and must continue it later... this is the first time I've seen it since way back then on vhs back in the old "Blockbuster Video" days....but anyway, I forgot the creatures in this were alien vampire-like beings.  The only thing I remember about this was how RIDICULOUSLY hot Mathilda May was, right at the start of the film.  Like so many things back then... I only rented it because it was something in the Horror/Sci-Fi section that looked cool and interesting according to the box art and description on the back.... and then there it was--- Ms. May in her prime, BUTT-ass naked for a significant portion of the beginning.   It is still one of the greatest nude scenes in the history of film, imo.

anyway, hbo is kickin ass lately with the content, imo... of course they could have even more but it's been loaded up with stuff that interests me as of recently.  This is the only real competition for netflix, imo... Disney+ is a joke 😄... a streaming service that is forever handicapped by a family-friendly image... get the hell outta heah.  Would they ever have something like Lifeforce, or a show like Lovecraft Country?  Hell naw.  D+ has Mandolorian and that's pretty much the extent of it for me.  It's good for people who have small children, but who else, really?

The D+ back-catalog is still decent even if you don't have kids. But yeah, they are moving super slow on new content. They are relying almost all on the catalog at this point. It's paying off now; they have something like 1/3rd the number of subscribers Netflix has after one year. But I don't know how long that trajectory will last if they don't put out new stuff (that's worth putting out, unlike Artemis Fowl).

31 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Me too. Thats why I cook my food.

Food is energy. Food is condensed light that has become darkness. I think the body converts it to light. I'm not sure though.

I think you're an empath, too. Energy can travel through the internet. Energy does not know space and time. 

Has anybody else found their equivalents in videos games here?

Edited by Thoth369

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/18/coronavirus-pfizer-vaccine-is-95percent-effective-plans-to-submit-to-fda-in-days.html

Pfizer and BioNTech said Wednesday that a final data analysis found their coronavirus vaccine was 95% effective in preventing Covid-19 and, in addition, appeared to fend off severe disease.

The vaccine, called BNT162b2, was highly effective against the virus 28 days after the first dose, and its effectiveness was consistent across all ages, races and ethnicities, the drugmakers said. Additionally, the elderly, who are seen as at high risk of severe illness from Covid-19, saw vaccine effectiveness of more than 94%, they added.

“The final analysis underlines the results of the positive interim efficacy analysis announced on November 9,” BioNTech CEO Ugur Sahin said in a statement. “The data indicates that our vaccine ... is able to induce a high rate of protection against COVID-19 only 29 days after the first dose. In addition, the vaccine was observed to be well-tolerated in all age groups with mostly mild to moderate side effects, which may be due in part to the relatively low dose.”

The vaccine also appeared to prevent severe disease in volunteers. There were 10 cases of severe cases of Covid-19 observed in the phase three trial, with nine of the cases occurring in the placebo group, the companies said. There were also no “serious” safety concerns, they said, with most adverse events resolving shortly after vaccination.

2 minutes ago, Thoth369 said:

I'm pretty sure my mom got the corona virus when we went to Australia back in December of last year. She was sick for a month. Good thing she got over it. Nobody knew about the corona virus at the time. 

Everyone says this stuff and it's silly. Yall can get tested to see if yall had it . Like it doesn't have to be a guess. 

12 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Everyone says this stuff and it's silly. Yall can get tested to see if yall had it . Like it doesn't have to be a guess. 

It lingers in your system after you get over it? Who cares if we are guessing. It doesn't matter if we are. I'm not allowed to guess or something? Did you see too many people saying it on Facebook and it triggered you? I read somewhere that the tests are not always accurate. I also read that the virus started spreading around November of 2019. 

I'm just playing detective by guessing. There is nothing wrong with that. 

There were a lot of Chinese people on the cruise ship that we were on and one of them was really sick. He was coughing his head off.

Edited by Thoth369
21 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Hold on, hold on, the CCP knew and suppressed the information. They also tossed all the doctors who discovered in jail too.

:coffee:

Yes, you are right. They knew about it and suppressed the information since last year which is why the rest of the world didn't know about it. 

Edited by Thoth369

I've had a free 1 year Amazon Prime subscription this year thanks to my ISP (Frontier) and 1 year of Disney Plus that ends in April 2021.

I know covid screwed things up,but I was really hoping to see falcon and winter soldier or Wanda vision this calendar year. Mandalorian is decent. I wish there more compelling original content that appealed to me.

Ducktales 2017 is probably the best show I've seen in there (even though it's a Disney channel cable show). It's nice that MCU is 90 percent on there but I've seen all in the theatre and own some on bluray.

I've been working my way through many Amazon Prime Original shows but they seem just ok. 

I miss Blacklist and some of the dc cw shows on netflix,but I don't know if it's worth subscribing continuously to it any more especially now the 4k plan is like $14 or so.

From what Million and Reticently have said , HBO Max seems the most promising. I don't like the fact that it is not on Roku. I just got a Roku smart 4k tv last year and it has all the streaming apps except HBO Max. 

46 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Hold on, hold on, the CCP knew and suppressed the information. They also tossed all the doctors who discovered in jail too.

And some world institution also did a cover up for them.

In country were suffering also the same style of propaganda machine of coverup and fakenews

I'm glad I don't live in China, but California is becoming like China. The government here is gradually becoming more and more controlling. When they do it slow like that it will be easier for them to gain control. There is also a lot of communist propaganda going on in school here. California is pretty much the model for the rest of America. 

Edited by Thoth369
11 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Perception is everything. It doesn't matter that you aren't actively courting undesirables, but if you're PERCEIVED as doing so, then in the click-now-think-later world we live in, it's just as good as actually actually doing it. Twitter is a clout chasing place and if a small group of people can get a multinational corporation to bend to their will without even leaving their homes, they will. Social media really brings out the worst tendencies in a lot of people.

tl:dr- If someone tells a lie enough times, it becomes true, and corps are hardwired to steer as hard away from drama as quickly as possible because it's easier and more profitable.

Edited by DoctaMario

12 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

1 hour ago, DoctaMario said:

Perception is everything. It doesn't matter that you aren't actively courting undesirables, but if you're PERCEIVED as doing so, then in the click-now-think-later world we live in, it's just as good as actually actually doing it. Twitter is a clout chasing place and if a small group of people can get a multinational corporation to bend to their will without even leaving their homes, they will. Social media really brings out the worst tendencies in a lot of people.

tl:dr- If someone tells a lie enough times, it becomes true, and corps are hardwired to steer as hard away from drama as quickly as possible because it's easier and more profitable.

There isn't anything inherently wrong with trying to change things.

When I was growing up the word 'gay' was thrown around as an insult, or used to describe something lame/stupid/bad.  Nowadays people don't that anymore because honestly it wasn't very cool.

In the 1950s there were lots of phrases and terms used to describe black people that definitely wouldn't fly anymore.  There was even a conversation here recently about Sean Connery, who said some pretty messed up stuff about hitting women that was somewhat acceptable at the time he was interviewed but definitely would not fly today.

Basically, times change.  Outrage about 'political correctness' in video games seems dumb to me.  Culture isn't static, and changes all the time.  20 years ago they probably could not have made Spider-Man: Miles Morales because the main character wasn't Wonderbread white, but in 2020 it's fine and I think a lot of people like that character.  Black Panther was a big hit when it came  out a few years ago, but it would have been unthinkable to do such a thing until very recently.  Was Black Panther some dumb 'politically correct' film?  Of course not.  Why is it ok to branch out in other forms of media, but games have to be stuck in the 1990s?

Capcom trying to modernize and create things in line with 2020 and the modern era shouldn't be seen as a bad thing.  I think it's great, and it's nice that they're trying to approach things in a different way.  People like to shit on a lot of Japanese games for being too pervy or too 'anime', but when they try to do something differently all of a sudden they're being 'politically correct' and it's bad.

I don't know why gamers are so obsessed with keeping everything the same and freak out the minute something that doesn't fit what they already know shows up.

A lot of people who hated on Last of Us 2 were basically just mad that they didn't get to play a white guy this time around, and tried to mask it with all sorts of dumb arguments about what was 'realistic' or how 'politics' were ruining their games.  It's all just code for 'I want things to be the same way they always were and change scares me.'  The same game with a male protagonist would have been hailed as a masterpiece, but throw in some LGBT and all of a sudden people are sending death threats.

Western comics are dying because they are stuck catering to the same 30-40+ year old demographic, who never want things to change.  Can't have new characters, can't do anything original with the story, can't change from the status quo -- because otherwise the old men will be upset that what they grew up with will be too different.  New readers don't read Marvel/DC because they're not interested in the same boring stuff that has been repeated forever.  Media that doesn't keep up with the times will eventually get left behind.

Twitter often goes overboard but trying to pay attention to the era you're in when you make games is perfectly fine.  This isn't 'making games for Twitter', this is making games for 2020 and beyond.

4 hours ago, Reticently said:

Can be a hard sell to get a doctor to write the script for that without the doctor feeling like there's a compelling medical reason to find out.

Yall don't have any free testing sites? Mass has a bunch, you don't need to go to the doctor to get tested. 

36 minutes ago, misterBee said:

Western comics are dying because they are stuck catering to the same 30-40+ year old demographic, who never want things to change.  Can't have new characters, can't do anything original with the story, can't change from the status quo -- because otherwise the old men will be upset that what they grew up with will be too different.  New readers don't read Marvel/DC because they're not interested in the same boring stuff that has been repeated forever.  Media that doesn't keep up with the times will eventually get left behind.

Funnily enough as much as I 100% agree with this  it was also Jonathan Hickmans marvel run’s he’s done, specifically Fantastic Four and the current X-Verse relaunch that got me back into Marvel comics.

For me with Hickman, despite being more-or-less the same characters we’ve known for x years he did something unique with what he was given every time. Even with some detractors on his current X-verse relaunch what he’s been doing has been universally praised. 

I know me personally it’s the first time I’ve really paid attention to anything X-Verse related in over 15 years. 

His other non-Marvel works like East of West are phenomenal too. 

Right now Hickman, Jim Zubb, Gerard Way, and Al Ewing are my favorite writers. 

Edited by iStu X
28 minutes ago, Angel said:

like you can go to cvs and get tested

Im not sure, I've seen signs at cvs saying they aren't a testing site... So their may be some that do. But I know a few free sites set up around mass... Theirs literally one 5 min from my house. As well as a few around Boston that I know of, off the top of my head. Their are also places you can pay for the drive up testing... Not free but also not crazy expensive either. 

Just now, Maxx said:

Im not sure, I've seen signs at cvs saying they aren't a testing site... So their may be some that do. But I know a few free sites set up around mass... Theirs literally one 5 min from my house. As well as a few around Boston that I know of, off the top of my head. Their are also places you can pay for the drive up testing... Not free but also not crazy expensive either. 

yeah just check their website and it will tell you which spots to go to.  You can make appointments on it too.