Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 2.0

ha, I happen to like asparagus.  I haven't had it in a while though.  My top veggie picks are that, carrots, broccoli and spinach....and squash.  Seems like few people like squash; I'm in the minority on that one, apparently.

Green peas though... those can go burn in Hell forever.  Same goes for brussels sprouts. 👎

Edited by MillionX
5 minutes ago, Reticently said:

One of the only "grown up" foods my kids will voluntarily eat at this stage is asparagus risotto, because my kids are super random like that.

Just wait a minute here, weren't you the one complaining about other people being bougie?

Steam is having a fighting game sale right now and I'm loading up! 

Battle Fantasia -Revised Edition-

THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV STEAM EDITION ULTIMATE PACK

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite - Deluxe Edition

Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition

Killer Instinct - The Complete Soundtrack

BlazBlue Centralfiction

GUILTY GEAR Xrd -REVELATOR- Deluxe + REV2 Deluxe (All DLCs included) All-in-One

DRAGON BALL FighterZ - Ultimate Edition

Killer Instinct

Skullgirls 2nd Encore Upgrade

Skullgirls

Injustice™ 2

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

What else do I need? Already got SF4 and 5. 

4 minutes ago, Red Rock Candy said:

Steam is having a fighting game sale right now and I'm loading up! 

Battle Fantasia -Revised Edition-

THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV STEAM EDITION ULTIMATE PACK

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite - Deluxe Edition

Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition

Killer Instinct - The Complete Soundtrack

BlazBlue Centralfiction

GUILTY GEAR Xrd -REVELATOR- Deluxe + REV2 Deluxe (All DLCs included) All-in-One

DRAGON BALL FighterZ - Ultimate Edition

Killer Instinct

Skullgirls 2nd Encore Upgrade

Skullgirls

Injustice™ 2

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

What else do I need? Already got SF4 and 5. 

Do you have Soul Calibur?

KoF02 UM has recently been updated with rollback netcode. It will likely be the most play KOF on steam.

Edited by Hawkingbird
1 minute ago, Reticently said:

Hey @DoctaMario- which classic SamSho should people own on Steam if they want to play SamSho 5:  5sp or Collection?

Depends on what you're looking for out of the experience.

5 Special is easily the best SamSho game imo, and if you want to play online, it legit has some of the best netcode I've ever experienced (at least on the PSN version, the steam version is still really good but a bit more of a mixed bag depending on your opponent's connection.) It's a simple-to-pick-up game but has some really deep mechanics and meter management, and the best cast in the series. 

If you want an overview of the series, I'd probably go for the collectiin. The classic SNK AI can be pretty unforgiving even on the lower levels, so if youre looking to just play arcade mode, it can be fun or awful depending on which game you play unless they've toned it down a bit. SamSho4 is one of the best to play single player though and it's got a great cast, visuals and a branching story mode that isn't terribly deep but it's still fun. They also have a "long lost" version of 5Sp called 5 Perfect that has additions they made after SNK/Playmore was in the process of going under, and I wouldn't say it's enough to buy the collection itself but it's an interesting curio. Samsho 1-3 are what they are, still worth checking out but these are the games where the AI can get pretty rough. 

Tl;dr I'd go for 5 Special but it's one of my favorite games of all time but if you just want a casual experience, go for the collection. 

1 hour ago, DangerousJ said:

Anyone a zucchini fan here lol?

The Vortex bar & grill in Atlanta has THE BEST fried zucchini on the planet. It's crispy, golden brown, and they're slices like chips, not long stalks and when you dip them in ranch, it's one of the best things you'll ever out in your face. If God exists, he's working the fryer at Vortex because that's how good these things are. 

1 minute ago, DangerousJ said:

Hmm I heard they have that peanut butter burger there too IIRC.

After the vaccine comes out, I want to go eat there next time I visit relatives in ATL.

I haven't been there in a long long time, but that was one of my favorite spots to eat when I lived there. There's good places to eat here but I legit miss the food choices in Atlanta. That's one of the best places in to US to go out to eat. 

7 minutes ago, Sonero said:

31,000 active cases in El Paso. Population of the city was at 682,669 as of 2018. 

So approximately 4% of the El Paso population has CoVid... Guess I'm officially playing tag with CoVid at Walmart.

🙈

Dude, that's crazy.

2 minutes ago, scorp said:

Dude, that's crazy.

The crazier part as that experts in France said early that if some small percentage of the population caught it (think this came out mid Febraury so its been a minute since I read the article), the spread would be unstoppable.

I'm not really sure what to make of all this at the moment. Gotta pick up some medicine for my wife at Walmart though. Lets hope these dicerolls go my way.

😂

13 minutes ago, Sonero said:
1 minute ago, Sonero said:

The crazier part as that experts in France said early that if some small percentage of the population caught it (think this came out mid Febraury so its been a minute since I read the article), the spread would be unstoppable.

I'm not really sure what to make of all this at the moment. Gotta pick up some medicine for my wife at Walmart though. Lets hope these dicerolls go my way.

😂

I think we need to get comfortable with the fact that unless the vaccines work really well, we're probably all going to get it on a long enough timeline. 

46 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

If you want an overview of the series

I'm actually an oldy from back in the day when you could find NeoGeo arcade cabinets in every random place, so I'm extremely well acquainted with SamSho 1 and 2.

I just get confused with 5 as basically two different versions of it had rollback netcode back-ported into it in the last year or so, leaves me wondering which one is generally accepted as the "correct" one to be playing.

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

Im not really sure what to make of all this at the moment. Gotta pick up some medicine for my wife at Walmart though. Lets hope these dicerolls go my way.

Check to see if your Walmart does curb side delivery for pharmacy orders. My sister and my BIL have barely step foot in a Walmart (or big box store) since March thanks to so many places embracing curb side pick up/delivery. 

Edited by iStu X

See, there is no happy ending.  This is the reality that most people refuse to accept.  This is exactly where it's all going....downhill.  As a species we've been spoiled by situations always just "working out" somehow (of course *after* a lot of suffering...because you know damn well "He" doesn't give a damn, assuming "He" is even there in the first place).

Edited by MillionX
4 minutes ago, MillionX said:

See, there is no happy ending.  This is the reality that most people refuse to accept.  This is exactly where it's all going....downhill.  As a species we've been spoiled by situations always just "working out" somehow (of course *after* a lot of suffering...because you know damn well "He" doesn't give a damn, assuming "He" is even there in the first place).

I refuse to believe such a bleak outcome.

2 hours ago, Reticently said:

I'm actually an oldy from back in the day when you could find NeoGeo arcade cabinets in every random place, so I'm extremely well acquainted with SamSho 1 and 2.

I just get confused with 5 as basically two different versions of it had rollback netcode back-ported into it in the last year or so, leaves me wondering which one is generally accepted as the "correct" one to be playing.

5 Special is the one you want, the steam version specifically if you're going to be playing it on PC. There's a GOG version that is absolutely ass-tastic, and they'll try to seduce you into buying it with really low process but don't do it! 

15 minutes ago, Maxx said:

I enjoy the white dude who speaks Chinese. But I need my boy to do a channel like this. He's a 6'4 black man who speaks Korean because he got placed there for a few years for a it job through the military 

He should, it's still not that huge of thing on Youtube yet. Not too late to get a decent size channel going. If you haven't already, show him some of the other channels that already do it.

Edited by Darc_Requiem