Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread

485654685794041856.png?v=1

I got a Discord server up and running for the express purpose of only being an image dump so people can post things here without the need for @misterBee to actually worry about anything storage related.

It got thorough tutorials on how to use it properly, and I already used an image from it to test things out, so let me know what you think.

Here's the Invite Link.

Edited by Volt
1 minute ago, Volt said:

485654685794041856.png?v=1

I got a Discord server up and running for the express purpose of only being an image dump so people can post things here without the need for @misterBee to actually worry about anything storage related.

It got thorough tutorials on how to use it properly, and I already used an image from it to test things out, so let me know what you think.

Here's the invite link.

https://discord.gg/qpDdYAQ

Thank you!

This is a good stop-gap until I work out a solution in the next week or so.

1 minute ago, misterBee said:

Thank you!

This is a good stop-gap until I work out a solution in the next week or so.

Don't worry about it. 

I wasn't exactly thinking about it as a stop gap tbh. It'd be good to be able to shave superfluous costs in the long run, so I'll just copy that post and make a thread for it in GD so people can easily access the server without it being buried here.

People will eventually move here if people stop posting on SRK and by the looks of it it's already happening the lounge is dead I've never seen it this quite in along time if ever. 

I'm happy this place is getting more traffic. I can go through the post faster and I recognize everybody instantly with the bigger avs. I really like it more I was never a fan of discourse. 

Just now, DangerousJ said:

It's strange that I have posted on srk1 for 19.5 years but am willing to let it die to post on a site that I have only used for 2 years 8months

You can always look it as the people you hang out found a new place to have their gatherings.

At the end of the day, SRK was just a place, not the community.

It sucks that we will lose a lot of historic shit, but with each software downgrade they have made, we already lost most of it.

1 minute ago, Mattatsu said:

I mever knew of such a place. That wolverine gif aint lasting lol. Thanks Odin! You too @misterBee!

Oh yea man, we raided that place since the early 2000s for avatars on SRK lol

What was that dudes name again that ran it? Fuck I forget his name.

But I know he LOVED that suave dude from Last Blade.

Any Gundam fans here? I’ve been thinking about watching a new series but I haven’t kept up with the newer stuff. Ive seen 0079, War in the Pocket, 08th MS team, G Gundam, 00, and SEED. 

Are there any ones out there that have the more serious/grounded tone of 08th and WitP? I like every Gundam ive seen but those are my favorite. 

6 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I haven't watched a Gundam show since build fighters. That series was amazing 

Build Fighters 1 was an incredibly good show disguised as a kids toy commercial.

Every Build Fighters/Divers since then has been an actual kids show riding on the original's coattails.

I started watching the most recent one with the furries and it seems to have some promise -- but I haven't finished it yet.

8 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Any Gundam fans here? I’ve been thinking about watching a new series but I haven’t kept up with the newer stuff. Ive seen 0079, War in the Pocket, 08th MS team, G Gundam, 00, and SEED. 

Are there any ones out there that have the more serious/grounded tone of 08th and WitP? I like every Gundam ive seen but those are my favorite. 

Iron Blooded Orphans for sure.

13 hours ago, misterBee said:

Somebody on SRK was saying how the colors and fonts on this site were terrible and super hard to read.  I almost never go there so it's sheer luck that I came across their comments.

I don't mind what they said but I wish they had just told me in the feedback thread so I could address the issue.

Make sure you guys point out stuff you don't like/stuff that isn't working!  I can't fix it if I don't know!

I've been coding all day and all night.  I'm gonna sleep for a bit and then get back into it...

no pun intended, but I cant' see the problem.  I've got white on black background and it pops out all the way across the room for me.  If anything does crap up, I'll post.

Speaking of crapping up,  It looks like there's a problem between Twitter and this computer.  on my win 7 laptop, clicking on twitter links gives me an error.  If it goes to my E-Mail There's no worries.  If I search for a twitter link, it gives the error.  None of these problems happen on the Win 10 computer.   Not sure if it's something I did or not. 

Also:  on the win 10 side:  Anybody know how to stop this damn thing from closing tabs?  Whenever I open a few pictures or text files, the damn thing closes them when I'm not looking and it's pissing me off.

14 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

You can always look it as the people you hang out found a new place to have their gatherings.

At the end of the day, SRK was just a place, not the community.

It sucks that we will lose a lot of historic shit, but with each software downgrade they have made, we already lost most of it.

Meh, you get out what you put in. And not much got put into the forums (or the whole site at all), so you reap what you sow. 

Edited by beesuit
7 minutes ago, Angel said:

IBO is alright as far as gundam goes.  It's fans who mostly aren't gundam fans are fun to troll.    That being said better to be an ibo fan than one of those weirdos that slober over shitty ass Darling in Franxx.   Worst mecha show I have ever seen.  :coffee:

Darling in the Franxx is wonderful.  How fucking dare you. 🔫

4 minutes ago, Sonero said:

I haven't tried Darling in the Franxx yet. Heard its basically Eva without the good parts.

a show with teenagers using doggy style power robots fighting monsters that make their clothes dissolve.  

spacer.png

People that claim to love it can't name a single mech from that show.   All they know is zero two is their wack ass lizard waifu, foot fetishes, and cloacas.