Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

22 minutes ago, Deadly_Raver said:

The trial has overwhelmingly proven that he killed in self defense.  They have shown enough video evidence of that.

As far as people showing up where they have no business....................That goes for the Rioters as well.  If they hadn't been running around trying to burn down other people's property then they wouldn't have gotten shot and/or killed.  

That's what Law Enforcement is for. You can't have random armed people showing pretending to be the law. That's how you get anarchy. 

Just now, Darc_Requiem said:

That's what Law Enforcement is for. You can't have random armed people showing pretending to be the law. That's how you get anarchy. 

You're absolutely correct.  

Unfortunately, the police weren't there.  They had been told to stand down not only there but several other times and several other places.  What are you going to do if the cops can't or won't help you?  

28 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Everything I'm talking about is in the supposed future that based on current events.  I never said anything about any racists committing any criminal acts currently I'm talking about those type of people seeing what's going to happen in this trial and like Darc said using it as an excuse to go out and do something akin to this to "protect someone elses property a few states away".  If you can't see the potential for this to set a precedent then you're purposefully ignoring it.

They'll get the shock of their lives when the judge hands them a guilty verdict.  

The reason Kyle is winning is mainly because of the video evidence proving that he was acting in self-defense of himself, not a property.  I have a feeling that if he had been standing in a doorway spraying people who got close that he would be guilty of murder.  To me, the potential is irrelevant.  The actions are what will define whether or not people get arrested and possibly punished for those actions.  They can have all the potential they want.  Don't cross the line or you might get shot.

Why is everyone getting Medusa tattoos?

2935ae60bf8367d95594a70e7f5d332f.jpg

Like just about every subculture, tattoo enthusiasts have their own corner of TikTok. Tats depicting Medusa are the flavor-of-the-moment, with more and more TikTokers emblazoning their bodies with the petrifying snake-haired figure from Greek mythology. Beyond being generally a badass image, Medusa tattoos have a special significance to many. The popular perception of Medusa as a monster is being reclaimed, and the Medusa tattoos are often a defiant response from survivors of sexual assault. Each tattoo means something different to its owner, of course, so check out the vids on the Medusa tattoo hashtag to learn more.

31 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Not travel to another state to defend property that isn't mine. That's just as stupid as gangs fighting over turf they don't own. 

Now THIS is where we can have a discussion.  

now, you said that YOU wouldn't travel to another state to defend property that isn't yours.  That's not a good nor is it a bad thing IMO, it's just a statement of where you stand on that matter.

Well, Kyle did.  I don't doubt that others also came together to help out their neighbors.  I personally approve of it, and this is why.

1:  By those others coming to Kenosha to help out the residents, it shows unity of not just one area, but several.  It shows the rioters that if they want to try that shit, they will be met with an opposing force and it won't be cops.  You will be forced out of this neighborhood and if the cops won't help, then we still have other means of backup.

2:  If people see their neighbors come to help them when they need it, they are likely to return the favor if they can.

3:  if you don't stop them in your neighbor's town, tomorrow they will be in YOUR town.  Helping your neighbor also helps you.

That's why I'm not against him going there.  Anyone who wants to add something please feel free to chime in.

Edited by Deadly_Raver
30 minutes ago, Deadly_Raver said:

Now THIS is where we can have a discussion.  

now, you said that YOU wouldn't travel to another state to defend property that isn't yours.  That's not a good nor is it a bad thing IMO, it's just a statement of where you stand on that matter.

Well, Kyle did.  I don't doubt that others also came together to help out their neighbors.  I personally approve of it, and this is why.

1:  By those others coming to Kenosha to help out the residents, it shows unity of not just one area, but several.  It shows the rioters that if they want to try that shit, they will be met with an opposing force and it won't be cops.  You will be forced out of this neighborhood and if the cops won't help, then we still have other means of backup.

2:  If people see their neighbors come to help them when they need it, they are likely to return the favor if they can.

3:  if you don't stop them in your neighbor's town, tomorrow they will be in YOUR town.  Helping your neighbor also helps you.

That's why I'm not against him going there.  Anyone who wants to add something please feel free to chime in.

We aren't going to agree on this. You seem to think this will lead de-escalation. It won't. Vigilantes are cool, in the comics, in real life that shit lead to problems. We don't need people playing cop. Cops are often ill equipped to handle situations they are put in. Civilians with zero training are going to be even worse. If he went to project a family member's property this would different discussion. People are devious, they are going use the guise of "protecting property" to play out the Purge. 

14 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

We aren't going to agree on this. You seem to think this will lead de-escalation. It won't. Vigilantes are cool, in the comics, in real life that shit lead to problems. We don't need people playing cop. Cops are often ill equipped to handle situations they are put in. Civilians with zero training are going to be even worse. If he went to project a family member's property this would different discussion. People are devious, they are going use the guise of "protecting property" to play out the Purge. 

Again, I agree with you.  I just don't see it as the only possibility for the reasons I listed.   Pretty much every good idea will have someone trying to fuck it up for their own purposes.  You have to find and remove those people ASAP before they ruin whatever it is you're doing.  

Still, I think you're putting way too much on this court case.  I can't say you're wrong, but I that's just what I think.  

Edited by Deadly_Raver

Some anti-vaxxers are getting the vaccine thanks to mandates, then trying to get it out of their bodies.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/covid-vaccine-mandates-push-holdouts-get-shot-detox-rcna4859

In a TikTok video that has garnered hundreds of thousands of views, Dr. Carrie Madej outlined the ingredients for a bath she said will “detox the vaxx” for people who have given into Covid-19 vaccine mandates.

The ingredients in the bath are mostly not harmful, although the supposed benefits attached to them are entirely fictional. Baking soda and epsom salts, she falsely claims, will provide a “radiation detox” to remove radiation Madej falsely believes is activated by the vaccine.  Bentonite clay will add a “major pull of poison,” she says, based on a mistaken idea in anti-vaccine communities that toxins can be removed from the body with certain therapies. 

Then, she recommends adding in one cup of borax, a cleaning agent that’s been banned as a food additive by the Food and Drug Administration, to “take nanotechnologies out of you.”

In reality, in addition to being potentially harmful as a skin and eye irritant, a borax “detox bath” will not remove the effects of the Covid vaccine from your body.

This level of stupid I just can't 🤣🤣🤣

2 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

Some anti-vaxxers are getting the vaccine thanks to mandates, then trying to get it out of their bodies.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/covid-vaccine-mandates-push-holdouts-get-shot-detox-rcna4859

Big Sean Omg GIF

That's enough internet for today.

Edited by OPTIMUS124

another old episode of Alice is on... in the early seasons, Linda Lavin was a real cutie.  I'd go back in time to hit that.  That stereotypical New Yorker sound in her voice...always gets bonus points with me.

In this episode (season 2, episode 3), Alice and the other girls quit when they found out Mel hired a guy and was paying him more for the same job.

Interesting... there's tension between Alice and Flo on this episode... I wonder how close this was to the moment the tension in real life started?  Behind the scenes, those 2 eventually weren't cool with each other... *apparently because the character "Alice" was obviously supposed to be the star, but Flo was becoming a bit too popular....she was the one people would eventually remember for having that catchphrase "Kiss my grits"....and I guess Lavin didn't like being upstaged like that.

Edited by MillionX
10 minutes ago, MillionX said:

another old episode of Alice is on... in the early seasons, Linda Lavin was a real cutie.  I'd go back in time to hit that.  That stereotypical New Yorker sound in her voice...always gets bonus points with me.

In this episode (season 2, episode 3), Alice and the other girls quit when they found out Mel hired a guy and was paying him more for the same job.

Interesting... there's tension between Alice and Flo on this episode... I wonder how close this was to the moment the tension in real life started?  Behind the scenes, those 2 eventually weren't cool with each other... *apparently because the character "Alice" was obviously supposed to be the star, but Flo was becoming a bit too popular....she was the one people would eventually remember for having that catchphrase "Kiss my grits"....and I guess Lavin didn't like being upstaged like that.

lol.  The,"Kiss my grits" thing used to keep parents mad back as hell back then.  I wasn't even allowed to watch the show because of it. 🤣

4 minutes ago, Deadly_Raver said:

lol.  The,"Kiss my grits" thing used to keep parents mad back as hell back then.  I wasn't even allowed to watch the show because of it. 🤣

heh, I remember first seeing the show in a late-night time-slot when I was a kid....it would be on at about 11 pm or 10:30, something like that after local news.  

Next episode is on now, where Alice starts a singing gig while working the diner but it takes a toll because she has no time to sleep.

*Lavin had some niiiiiice legs, actually...there's a good shot of them right in the intro, in a scene where she's laid back and her son is washing her feet. (heh, I'm sure that was good "material" for the foot-freaks out there back then)

hahaha that clip of the woman pissing on that dude that just got posted... yeah I made sure to save it just in case it ever gets taken down.  She had a LOT saved up too....he got his money's worth there, apparently.

Edited by MillionX
4 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Regardless of what you think of the riots or Rittenhouse's involvement, the cops dropping the ball is what created this situation. And in any situation where the cops decide to be pussies and stand down, they create a situation where someone has to take the law into their own hands because if you don't want rioting shitbags destroying things, something has to be done. They're supposed to be the bulwark against vigilantism.  

3 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

Watch: BRASS AGAINST Vocalist Sophia Urista Urinates on Fan Onstage During "Welcome to Rockville" Set (NSFW)

brass-against-wow.jpg?resize=2048,1075&s

At the ongoing Welcome to Rockvillefestival yesterday, New York collective Brass Against were performing, and frontwoman Sophia Urista kept saying she really had to use the bathroom.

I guess she asked the crowd if anybody wanted to be peed on and one fan into water sports was more than willing to take the brunt of Sophia's #1.

Sure enough, the below footage shows the fan getting onstage during Brass Against's cover of Rage Against the Machine's "Wake Up." Sophia pulls down her pants and thong and whooosh there it is! Impressively, Sophia continues to sing while, uhh, going.

In an age when it's hard to get your band publicity, this is sure one way to do it!

Man, those V.I. pee passes are crazy

I'm pissed I cannot come up with a good R Kelly Joke in response to this 

5 hours ago, axeman61 said:

Darwin awards and Ls that's all I see coming that way from the dumbassess in the video that believe in that "detox" bullshit coming from the chic!!!

Evolution Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

21 minutes ago, J-ride said:

Tell that to all the lefty mayors who had stand down orders for the Police Chiefs and let these protestors burn cities for free.

That's what I said.  It was the police being made to stand down that led to things like Kyle Rittenhouse shooting rioters.  Personally,  I'm only surprised that there hasn't been more shootings.  I hope that this will be a big enough warning to make people stop the bullshit, but I doubt it.

4 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Regardless of what you think of the riots or Rittenhouse's involvement, the cops dropping the ball is what created this situation. And in any situation where the cops decide to be pussies and stand down, they create a situation where someone has to take the law into their own hands because if you don't want rioting shitbags destroying things, something has to be done. They're supposed to be the bulwark against vigilantism.  

THIS!  It's one of the worst things that happened since they passed Qualified Immunity.  The result is that when this kind of bullshit happens there is no way to hold anyone responsible.  The other issue I take with the Rittenhouse situation is that these "vigilantees" were ASKED to be there because the community wanted help since the police wouldn't do anything.  What are people supposed to do?  Sit on their hands and hope the insurance company pays them after a business they worked 20 years to build is burned to the ground?

We really need to be talking about revoking Qualified Immunity since it's clearly being abused ATM.

Edited by J-ride
2 hours ago, Deadly_Raver said:

That's what I said.  It was the police being made to stand down that led to things like Kyle Rittenhouse shooting rioters.  Personally,  I'm only surprised that there hasn't been more shootings.  I hope that this will be a big enough warning to make people stop the bullshit, but I doubt it.

Well the cops have killed more innocent people then Kyle ever has so yea it's not gonna go away. This has little to do with why people are super pissed at cops in the first place so thinking this will have any impact on that subject is rather silly and naive. 

Edited by RSG3

heh, this episode of Alice that's on now---Alice has to FriendZone this dude (George Wendt!) who has fallen for her.   (season 6, ep. 22)  It's interesting since this character is so different from his character most people remember; "Norm" in Cheers.

Ohhh he didn't take it well... "Monty" climbed up to a sign (how?! 😆) and wants to end it all since he got FZed by Alice.

Flo was no longer around at this point; replaced by that cute blonde girl (another southern belle-sounding stereotype) played by Celia Watson.