Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

18 hours ago, BornWinner said:

Sophia Urista: age 35.

Nah she’s too old for R. Kelly.

Speaking of R Kelly what happened to him supposedly outing the other pedos in the entertainment industry?  Can't promise the goods like that and not give us the sauce!

Edit: Sophia Urista needs to do a REMIX!!!

Edited by J-ride
2 hours ago, Maxx said:

You broke.. He's cheap.. You not the same 

It's not exactly the same, yet it's similar; because it can be viewed from either perspective. 

Kinda like there's a difference between having money and keeping money. Ye supposedly has a billion dollar fortune ($1.8 billion according to Google), yet he bootlegs OF content from reddit. Given his "celebrity" status, and the fact that he more than likely makes more money than any of us in a lifetime picking up a penny off the ground; there has to be some inherent level of financial control he exercises. 

Now take doing the same thing, from the perspective of being broke. Hell, that's most of us nowadays; myself included. 

Tl;dr: Perspective (and the matter of perception) matters more than you think.

1 hour ago, YourFavGrandpa said:

It's not exactly the same, yet it's similar; because it can be viewed from either perspective. 

Kinda like there's a difference between having money and keeping money. Ye supposedly has a billion dollar fortune ($1.8 billion according to Google), yet he bootlegs OF content from reddit. Given his "celebrity" status, and the fact that he more than likely makes more money than any of us in a lifetime picking up a penny off the ground; there has to be some inherent level of financial control he exercises. 

Now take doing the same thing, from the perspective of being broke. Hell, that's most of us nowadays; myself included. 

Tl;dr: Perspective (and the matter of perception) matters more than you think.

I wasnt serious

Disney CFO Says Smaller Food Portions at Parks ‘Good for Some People’s Waistlines’

GettyImages-1226302206-640x480.jpg

Disney’s Chief Financial Officer (CFO) suggested the company’s theme parks could reduce food portion sizes to counter runaway inflation, then joked that the smaller servings would also be “good for some people’s waistlines” during a conference call this week.

After being asked during a quarterly earnings call Wednesday about how Disney is handling rising inflation under the Biden administration, Walt Disney Company CFO Christine McCarthy said she would rather serve less food for the same amount of money than charge higher prices, according to a report by SFGATE.

“We have things on the cost of goods side,” McCarthy said on the call. “And it’s interesting. Just last week — I was talking to our parks senior team about things we could do there.”

“And there are lots of things that are worth talking about,” the CFO continued. “We can adjust suppliers. We can substitute products. We can cut portion size, which is probably good for some people’s waistlines.”

The latter part of McCarthy’s comment drew ire on social media from Disney theme park fans, who accused the CFO of engaging in “fat shaming” and pointed out that a lot the food options at Disney parks are not very healthy to begin with.

Others commented on the high costs of food at Disney parks.

“They better cut the prices cuz my wallet ain’t as fat as my a$$,” another social media user commented.

“Reduce portions to cut costs for them, we’ve taken advantage of large portions to share and save on food costs. Guess that won’t be an option anymore,” another said.

he's always been long-winded to say the least... a mere 2-hour call would be an example of a "brief" chat with him.  It's even worse in person, actually....he will literally talk all day until it's late at night and people are falling asleep in their chairs (as he keeps going somehow...like he doesn't even get tired)....like a politician in "filibuster mode"...or one of those ridiculous 5+ hour Nerdrotic live-streams, basically...taken to the extreme.

There's a scene from an old Daffy Duck cartoon where this dude is sitting in the kitchen stone-faced while Daffy is laughing it up talking on and on and on forever and the guy looks like he'd rather be anywhere else....that scene describes it perfectly; I've looked for it as an animated gif for quite some time but never found it.

edit---hahaha I'm still laughing about that twitter clip of that female singer that took a long piss on that dude's face at a show... imagine if it was #2 though... if she dropped a deuce on that guy right there on stage 😆

It's also funny how the dude got up hyped from it too like "HELL YEAH!"  He was amped to receive her piss stream on his face. 🤣

Edited by MillionX

Still bugging out on this Silk Sonic album. Still mystifies me how not only is NO track bad, but the singles put out (Leave the Door Open, Skate) before it dropped have healthy competition in After Last Night and Put on a Smile. Both those things (all-around solidness, unknown songs on the album competing with singles) are rare for me, even for low-track count albums.

ooh, the 2011 version of Fright Night is on now... unfortunately it's already near the end.  This remake surprised me in how good it was, actually... and Colin was indeed a good casting choice to be the new "Jerry Dandridge".

"Welcome to.... Fright Night....... for real."

Edited by MillionX

It continues to fascinate me so I was looking up more stuff

https://www.therichest.com/buzz/flat-earth-believe/ 

I keep wondering what would be the purpose of of such a massive conspiracy anyway?  ...and how would it have been kept air-tight over so many years across countless people and government officials? People tend to not be so great with keeping secrets when there's a large group in on it...someone eventually slips up at some point...and it seems like this would be a difficult thing to keep up such a big lie about, especially as technology got more advanced and information became more easily accessible to the average person.  

...oddly enough, that reminds me of the withholding of information concerning UFOs though...another supposed "big secret" out there; I figure this one is more easily kept hidden away from the general public though....especially since there's certain factors that help (*like the stigma of any pilot admitting he or she saw an unexplainable object while flying....it would be career suicide so of course that would help them shut up about anything unusual they've seen.)  I'd say it's also different because there's a clear reason why such information would be kept hidden at all cost; it's a matter of national security in at least 2 ways I can think of.

...but a grand conspiracy, over the past 2500-ish years to keep people believing the planet is a spherical object when it's not?  Why? 😆

18 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

Disney CFO Says Smaller Food Portions at Parks ‘Good for Some People’s Waistlines’

GettyImages-1226302206-640x480.jpg

Disney’s Chief Financial Officer (CFO) suggested the company’s theme parks could reduce food portion sizes to counter runaway inflation, then joked that the smaller servings would also be “good for some people’s waistlines” during a conference call this week.

After being asked during a quarterly earnings call Wednesday about how Disney is handling rising inflation under the Biden administration, Walt Disney Company CFO Christine McCarthy said she would rather serve less food for the same amount of money than charge higher prices, according to a report by SFGATE.

“We have things on the cost of goods side,” McCarthy said on the call. “And it’s interesting. Just last week — I was talking to our parks senior team about things we could do there.”

“And there are lots of things that are worth talking about,” the CFO continued. “We can adjust suppliers. We can substitute products. We can cut portion size, which is probably good for some people’s waistlines.”

The latter part of McCarthy’s comment drew ire on social media from Disney theme park fans, who accused the CFO of engaging in “fat shaming” and pointed out that a lot the food options at Disney parks are not very healthy to begin with.

Others commented on the high costs of food at Disney parks.

“They better cut the prices cuz my wallet ain’t as fat as my a$$,” another social media user commented.

“Reduce portions to cut costs for them, we’ve taken advantage of large portions to share and save on food costs. Guess that won’t be an option anymore,” another said.

This is the funniest fucking thing considering Mickey's waistline is... Goofy.

38 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Spent  my childhood teenage years seekijg acceptance. I'm spending my adult years telling ppl to eat a dick, and it's lovely 🤗

It's the most freeing decision I've ever made in my life. My Manager hates me because I don't take him or the restaurant as serious as him and the owners. Yea sorry 2.5 Million restaurants in the Tucson area, you're not special I can get this dumb fuck job anywhere. 

Time for these fucks to realize you aren't special for owning a business or offering a job. There are millions of jobs, no one actually gives a shit about yours. 

Edited by RSG3

So I need you guys' thoughts on something.

A couple of days ago, someone who went all snake on me joined the esports group I just associated myself with.  I let the admins know about our prior history, privately, and they told me thanks for the warning and they'd keep eyes out for him starting junk again.  

After talking about it to someone else, I'm starting to wonder if one particular instance may be more severe than I initially thought.

Flashback to EVO 2017, the weekend I won SFxT...

So for the person in question, he promised me a room at EVO, then when I get to the hotel he clarifies I needed to sleep with another man. When I expressed my outrage at sleeping with someone who was barely an acquaintance,, he laughed at it and said it was fine. I went to Wal-mart, bought a sleeping bag, and spent the rest of the weekend on the floor. Nothing further happened and I was more irate than uncomfortable, and perhaps me winning SFxT that weekend blinded me to the full scope of what was asked of me.

I recently told someone else this story as a 'strange FGC adventure" and they told me that could count as a form of coercion by misleading and trapping someone into being put in a suggestive situation. Even if nothing further happened to me, as I reflect on it, as a mandated reporter I wonder if I should have said something in case he's tried this with other people and done worse.

I have no further evidence of what he's like beyond him making up fanfics about me on twitter when my commentary went sideways last spring. I would rather not announce myself blowing the whistle because I am not looking to tell you guys this for acknowledgment. Do you think this story should go farther or be left as a tactless gesture rather than exploiting my naivete at the time? 

Edited by Psychoblue
Just now, Darc_Requiem said:

@PsychoblueThat does seem really sketchy man. Glad you made it out okay. That story gives me a huge red flag alert.

Alrighty, so now I gotta figure out how I'm gonna broadcast that without drawing attention to myself.  I'm a mandated reporter, but I'm looking to make sure this dude answers for what he's done, moreso than any satisfaction i may get from throwing a pity party.  

I'm sure some of you guys who follow me on twitter know why I'm suddenly hesitant to blow his fat ass up, given the usual FGC blowout sources think I'm a misogynistic pig who doesn't take these matters seriously when it actually happens rather than something said in jest on a video game stream.

Edited by Psychoblue
2 hours ago, Psychoblue said:

So I need you guys' thoughts on something.

I think it needs more context.  If you knew there were going to be half a dozen people sharing the room but thought you'd have your own bed, and then you didn't, I don't think that's too crazy.  If it was just supposed to be you and him and then when you get there he springs this on you, that's a little more sus.  Your mention of fanfics is kinda wtf though.

27 minutes ago, IcyBlackDeep said:

I think it needs more context.  If you knew there were going to be half a dozen people sharing the room but thought you'd have your own bed, and then you didn't, I don't think that's too crazy.  If it was just supposed to be you and him and then when you get there he springs this on you, that's a little more sus.  Your mention of fanfics is kinda wtf though.

During my twitter blowup last spring he told Xanoz (who was hosting said fanfic circle) that I was on heavy psycho meds and had a deep hatred of women.  

At the time I was told it'd be me, him and his wife or GF.   I'd have one bed, he and his lady would have the other. Then suddenly it's more people than I was led to believe.

Edited by Psychoblue