Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

19 minutes ago, elliephil said:

someone keeps spreading a rumor that RyanLV got replaced with Romora... pretty sure it's a troll but still 

edit: waymin

not sure if its true. saw it in the chat when they were running casuals but didnt actually watch the tournament yet. he was actually my pick for winning this from the names.

9 minutes ago, Maxx said:

not sure if its true. saw it in the chat when they were running casuals but didnt actually watch the tournament yet. he was actually my pick for winning this from the names.

My pick too. I have a friend who is close with Ryan and he's getting annoyed with his DM's being blown up asking about him apparently. So it might actually be true. 😞

4 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

My homie just said women get these cosmetic surgery, go through all these medical complications that stem from those surgeries just to meet beauty standards and date some fat drug dealer. I'm howling 🤣

Maybe it's just me, but especially with cosmetic face surgery, the woman always ends up looking worse to me. It gives me the same "uncanny valley" feeling that some video game or cgi characters do.

14 hours ago, Psychoblue said:

So I need you guys' thoughts on something.

A couple of days ago, someone who went all snake on me joined the esports group I just associated myself with.  I let the admins know about our prior history, privately, and they told me thanks for the warning and they'd keep eyes out for him starting junk again.  

After talking about it to someone else, I'm starting to wonder if one particular instance may be more severe than I initially thought.

Flashback to EVO 2017, the weekend I won SFxT...

So for the person in question, he promised me a room at EVO, then when I get to the hotel he clarifies I needed to sleep with another man. When I expressed my outrage at sleeping with someone who was barely an acquaintance,, he laughed at it and said it was fine. I went to Wal-mart, bought a sleeping bag, and spent the rest of the weekend on the floor. Nothing further happened and I was more irate than uncomfortable, and perhaps me winning SFxT that weekend blinded me to the full scope of what was asked of me.

I recently told someone else this story as a 'strange FGC adventure" and they told me that could count as a form of coercion by misleading and trapping someone into being put in a suggestive situation. Even if nothing further happened to me, as I reflect on it, as a mandated reporter I wonder if I should have said something in case he's tried this with other people and done worse.

I have no further evidence of what he's like beyond him making up fanfics about me on twitter when my commentary went sideways last spring. I would rather not announce myself blowing the whistle because I am not looking to tell you guys this for acknowledgment. Do you think this story should go farther or be left as a tactless gesture rather than exploiting my naivete at the time? 

I might be in the minority but I don't think this is a big deal outside him being a prick. Is it a bit of a bait and switch? Yeah. But it's not like he said you had to fuck some other dude just to be able to stay in the room. It was 4 years ago and outside of the beef you two have, I don't see what the purpose would be of bringing it up except to make him look bad and trying to start shit with him now that y'all have both moved onto better things. 

10 hours ago, Chadouken said:

I've been on call for a month and a half now. Have to call in every week. My group number got called for tomorrow so I have to report and see if I get selected.

I was only an alternate on a jury one time.  It was the dumbest trial ever, homey got caught with the cash register till in his car about 2 miles from the robbery.  He decided to not take a plea bargain and fight that in court.  BRUH.

30 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Maybe it's just me, but especially with cosmetic face surgery, the woman always ends up looking worse to me. It gives me the same "uncanny valley" feeling that some video game or cgi characters do.

Surgery is usually does fuck them up royally in the face, they look like fake barbie dolls. And don't get me started on some these horrible butt jobs and unnatural body shapes. 

Me personally, if I can't get the exact body I want by proper dieting and working out, it ain't meant for me to have it. Not willing to risk my life by taking a shortcut

12 hours ago, Chadouken said:

Fuck, I got called in for jury duty tomorrow. What do I tell them to get out of it?

Edit: Maybe I just show them all my posts on SRK 😂

Hate to be "that-guy" today, but recently had a talk about this with one of my close friends. Before becoming an attorney, he didn't think skipping jury duty was a thing. Then when he saw that the jury of your "peers" got hampered by people trying to get out of it, his stance on that role has changed.

If you can go, do it. You may in fact change someone's life.

23 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Surgery is usually does fuck them up royally in the face, they look like fake barbie dolls. And don't get me started on some these horrible butt jobs and unnatural body shapes. 

Me personally, if I can't get the exact body I want by proper dieting and working out, it ain't meant for me to have it. Not willing to risk my life by taking a shortcut

I think the worst offense are collagen lips and huge bolt on breasts on women with tiny frames.  I find women who let themselves age naturally while still taking care of themselves by staying reasonably fit look WAAY better than women who get a bunch of surgery.  I can see plastic surgery if you get scarred in an accident, but otherwise I don't think it looks good at all.

7 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Hate to be "that-guy" today, but recently had a talk about this with one of my close friends. Before becoming an attorney, he didn't think skipping jury duty was a thing. Then when he saw that the jury of your "peers" got hampered by people trying to get out of it, his stance on that role has changed.

I had jury duty once for a drunk driving case and I thought it was super interesting. Guy had already had 2 DWIs and got pulled over one night driving home with a buddy and his lawyer tried to argue that his buddy had actually been the one driving but that they switched seats for some reason. I get why people would see it as an inconvenience but I actually always kinda hoped I'd get called again. 

15 minutes ago, J-ride said:

I think the worst offense are collagen lips and huge bolt on breasts on women with tiny frames.  I find women who let themselves age naturally while still taking care of themselves by staying reasonably fit look WAAY better than women who get a bunch of surgery.  I can see plastic surgery if you get scarred in an accident, but otherwise I don't think it looks good at all.

We've been taught that aging is a terrible thing and you gotta look the part till you are 120.

With all of these enhancements, I fear that we're gonna be a very unique looking set of old people.

54 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

I don't think your friend realizes how much of imposition and drain on someone's life Jury Duty can be. They don't even compensate you well for your time. 

12 hours ago, Chadouken said:

Fuck, I got called in for jury duty tomorrow. What do I tell them to get out of it?

I know here in Texas, you can be declared ineligible to serve on a jury if you've been convicted of petty theft (or really theft in general e.g. shoplifting at Walmart). That's how I've not been able to serve on a jury since 1997.

5 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

I'm not negating that fact

I didn't say you where...i said your friend might be 

6 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

However, when people talk about representation on the bench, a factor is the pool itself. 

Of course it's a factor, but that doesn't mean performing the duty isn't a huge burden on most who are asked to do it and can afford neither the money or the time. The Govs compensation isn't enough to offset the burden of performing the public service so many try to avoid it because they have a life they are trying to keep above water. 

sheeeitttt, jury duty would be a relief for me... get time off work that's still paid...sounds like a sweet little vacation when your job manages to spike your blood pressure on a regular basis.  

Continuing the Bob Bummer mood here... I wonder how many other people out there generally don't look forward to Christmas anymore?  I look forward to the shit being over just about every time at this point.  It disrupts my usual chill routine in ways that are extremely annoying to say the least.

I look forward to Christmas each year because starting December 1st Elf on the Shelf gets unleashed, I have two of them and they get into SHENANIGANS every day for a month straight.  It's pretty fun for my 4 year old to run around the house and see what they did while she was asleep.  But I also tend to go pretty small for Xmas as far as gifts go so it's not soul crushingly expensive.  

20 minutes ago, MillionX said:

Continuing the Bob Bummer mood here... I wonder how many other people out there generally don't look forward to Christmas anymore?  I look forward to the shit being over just about every time at this point.  It disrupts my usual chill routine in ways that are extremely annoying to say the least.

The amount of social obligation tied to Xmas makes the entire month of December infuriating. Then they force Xmas music down your throat everywhere you go it's sickly sweet confection clashing with your annoyance at the social obligation you're forced to be at and it all just becomes a month of pure torture. 

the good thing is that it means time off work...but yeah... because of all the social obligation stuff as mentioned, it doesn't register in my mind as a real "vacation".  The real vacation happens later when I'm back at my place.  Then a few days later I get some time off for New Year's Day.  THAT is the real "holiday time off" there for me... I get to just chill out at my place doing absolutely nothing...maybe listening to music, working out, playing more games, falling asleep as I watch various youtube channels, ignoring the phone calls/texts of annoying people, etc. etc.

I still love Xmas but thats probably bc:

I'm single and have no kids.

My bday is a few days before

I only have to buy gifts for a few people.

Cooler or pleasant weather without snow.

I do minimal decorating (tree,  few indoor knick nacks, and 2 strings of lights outside)

My mom bakes/makes some good stuff. (She doesnt cook much  now and only makes certain holiday things from Thanksgiving - NYears)

I can imagine it is a hell for retail, delivery/postal shipping people, parents though.

1 hour ago, MillionX said:

Continuing the Bob Bummer mood here... I wonder how many other people out there generally don't look forward to Christmas anymore?

I got to the point where I was like that, too. Holidays were always a fucking hassle and I just wanted it to be over.  But now having a kid changed things. It's all about her now and it put all the magic back into Christmas. Made it special again.

Oh, I got released from jury duty. I was part of the "overflow" group and they didn't need me... this time.

46 minutes ago, J-ride said:

I think the other reason Christmas isn't a big drain is that in our family we only buy gifts for the immediate family and the kids.  I have 2 kids and 2 nephews so that's not really much of an expense.

For.me the expense has never been an issue because I always buy gifts for a few people even if I'm seeing a bunch of people. No one is entitled to a gift so I only get them for people I want to, usually my brother, my dad and my mother. My girl gets gifts that don't cost money lol. 

It's the tons of meet ups and dinners and people you haven seen all year like year I don't see the majority of those people for a fucking reason. And if you say you can't make it for some reason someone always gets butt hurt about it and calls you selfish or some shit lol.

It's the social obligations that get to me not the cost of buying gifts.