Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

9 hours ago, Maxx said:

I didnt hear about bio weapon excuse.. I kept hearing about nazis 

The Ukrainian government is nazist, even though Zelensky is Jewish and his family went through the holocaust, the US is funding secret bioweapons in Ukraine, right next to a geopolitical rival instead of just doing that in the middle of some uninhabited desert in Arizona far away from anyone else... The list of excuses goes on and on and it never gets very convincing.

https://www.bbc.com/news/60711705

4 hours ago, Maxx said:

Bruh . . .  Justice Department even listed it to make sure you know what's up 🤣

https://www.justice.gov/usao-edtx/pr/18-arrested-charged-east-texas-paycheck-protection-program-related-fraud

Animated GIF

My man trying to mess up that nostalgia bag. 

and I just bought one of these to boot 

PXL_20220506_144905966.jpg

Edited by OPTIMUS124

ha, so that guy with the forehead tattoo... I guess he just doesn't care about getting any kind of decent/normal job ever again in life.  His only real option is to start his own business then.

On another note--- I still haven't ever played a table-top rpg before... but I often imagine that the absolute most fun would be to play a "No limits." version of Vampire the Masquerade... y'know, let the game be as raw and dark as possible.  Most people seem to be triggered by something, and that's a shame, imo.  Everyone always has some kind of limit, even if the claim otherwise... like "ok, as long as we don't do _____ in the story, we're cool."...and I just don't like that.  I'd prefer if there was no limitations on any kind of story/game content.... especially something that is already a rather dark, hardcore setting like that by default.  One thing table-top games potentially have over mainstream video games, at least in theory... that possibility of anything happening....and yet I don't think most people really have the balls to go through with it for real.  I'd want a table and house rules where "everything" is fair game....nothing is sacred.  In a world of supernatural monsters...why not actually have the threat of truly horrible things happening?  There shouldn't be any limits on what can happen, imo.  I've noticed now that this ideal game/story scenario could only really happen if I could somehow clone myself and just play at a table with other versions of me.  Other people always have something that's "going too far".

42 minutes ago, MillionX said:

I still haven't ever played a table-top rpg before... but I often imagine that the absolute most fun would be to play a "No limits."

I've played enough table top rpgs to tell you- you can certainly go there in games, but honestly it usually isn't that fun.  When you take all the limits of "decent" behavior off, it quickly gets to the point where nothing's shocking anymore so it all loses its emotional impact.  Whereas in normal play you're often skirting a line on becoming straight up murder hobos, which gives it some tension.

There are ttrpgs that are more traditional horror than Vampire that I really think you'd get a kick out of.  In Vampire, well you're already a vampire so it takes some edge off even from stuff that can kill you, and it tends to play more like a thriller.  Horror rps  have you as normal people who slowly get wound up in increasingly disturbing shit, and that really hits different.

Edited by Reticently

Yeah, even if nothing too shocking ends up happening... I enjoy the possibility being there.  It kinda takes some of the thrill away for me if we're going into any show, movie or game and we already know "Well, A, B, and C has zero chance of happening so everything will be ok concerning that."  It reminds me of when shock value is done perfectly in my favorite shows--- the true thrill is when it becomes uncertain whether or not major characters are even going to make it to the next episode.  Early-easons of The Walking Dead and the series "24" did this perfectly, imo... the audience regularly got that feeling that "none of these people are safe..."... like there's almost no "plot armor" to worry about.  That's when you really get some thrills going, imo... when there is nothing that is off the table.  

It would be funny to see what a certain old friend would try to get away with though, if he was a player or the Storyteller/DM... I can only imagine what kind of hilariously OP nightmare that would be... he would be like "Ok so out of nowhere, an even stronger cloned version of Caine shows up, wanting to fight you...he's 100x more powerful than the original one." like c'mon, bruh.... either that or as a player he'd make a vamp that was perfectly invincible and has 10 dots in every discipline, has werewolf, Wraith, and Changeling abilities mixed in for good measure, and maybe some DBZ character abilities too, etc. etc.  Yep, that's the type of dude he is.  Ultimately, no one would want to play any table-top rpg game with him, ever. 😆  Basically... the kind of guy that wants to make his characters into monstrosities that are completely unbeatable in literally any situation.   Even if he tried to adhere to *some* normal game parameters in something... I honestly wouldn't put it past him to just start cheating on the dice rolls at some point or trying to make up new rules on the spot to his advantage.  Oh yeah, he was that kid back in the day that would start adjusting rules on the fly to make sure he's never losing.

Edited by MillionX
18 hours ago, Chadouken said:

Dazed and Confused is a 1993 movie about 1976. That's like making a movie today about 2005.

My wife and I watched this movie on netflix recently called "Senior Year" and it's about a girl in 2002 who goes into a coma after a freak cheerleading accident and wakes up 20 years later. The fashion, music, even when she said things like "that's super gay" made me feel it.

I think we are on the cusp of a lot of "Dazed and Confused" style movies about the 2000s soon. Prepare thyself. =(

Aged and Confused

3 hours ago, Phantom_Miria said:

It absolutely isn't, that's my point.

How do you have a nazi government with a Jewish person whose family had people killed in the holocaust in charge?

The Azov Battalion is ultra nationalists and used some Nazi symbolism in their recruiting in the past, but this seems to be pretty fringe and not representative of the government as a whole.  Seems like a bullshit excuse to start a war. 

Also there is SO much propaganda coming out of the Ukrainian/Russian conflict that I find it difficult to sort the bullshit from the truth.

https://www.ft.com/content/9f9a7aee-04e7-45ce-871c-f5d157e08d08

7 hours ago, MillionX said:

ha, so that guy with the forehead tattoo... I guess he just doesn't care about getting any kind of decent/normal job ever again in life.  His only real option is to start his own business then.

Or he can take advantage of the system, like most of us in da hood.

Edited by zatalcon3
18 hours ago, zatalcon3 said:

i feel happy for you. It's great to read that you finally retired the hand and found a girl with the right curves in your tier. Enjoy those belly rolls and stretch marks.  

Thank you, but she is not out of shape. LOL. 

Edited by Seth Vega
4 minutes ago, Reticently said:

At least he didn't go for the original manga version of the seal.

I have not seen the original Naruto manga but I am guessing it is a similar situation as Whitebeard's pirate symbol had a manji originally before they switched it out with a simple cross?

53 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

The sad part is, and I think its because of Trumpo. The part you are suposed to say quietly to yourself, Republicans are saying outloud and not caring everyone just realized what they just said. 

It's disgusting that they don't even have the decency to pretend to care anymore.

They just speak without any internal filter. 

Marjorie Taylor Greene is a prime example. Despite her appearances and media attention, she has done nothing productive. Here is a record of what she did in 2021:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/03/politics/marjorie-taylor-greene-twitter-permanent-ban/index.html

23 hours ago, J-ride said:

She's Mexican bro.  She's just one kid away from wearing a mumu full time.

Yeah, that might happen. Oh well. Hopefully exercise will minimize that. 

If I ever get a tattoo, I would get a Yin Yang on my shoulder. Yeah, that is a very typical choice.

Edited by Seth Vega

AM had some fun laughing at more stupidity 

Of course... I am not surprised this broad is apparently from ol' M-town.  The minute she started speaking in that interview, I knew.  I'd recognize that disgusting sound anywhere within 1 second of hearing it.  There are no words to describe just how much I despise that dialect.

Edited by MillionX