Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

This is random, but do any of you know of any good earbuds for side-sleeping (that will hold a charge for long too)? I have a bluetooth receiver for my bedroom TV, and the earbuds I prefer right now have are good, but will not survive if I fall asleep watching TV. I was curious to see if there are comfortable bluetooth earbuds out there that have a long battery life. I just returned some (Soundpeats Sonic) because they didn't get along with my TV's receiver. So, earbuds that don't have that issue would be key.

4 hours ago, zatalcon3 said:

The reality is women have more rights and emotional support when it comes to relationship issues.

Untrue. Find yourself a better partner.

I have an amazing person in my life who continuously pushes past my own insecurity that I’m not cared for to make sure that I feel safe in her company, and above all else, an equal to her. I have no issue being there for her, and while it’s hard to believe how lucky I am that I have someone like that for me, she is always there for me too. 

You’re simply describing a societal disconnect from the emotions attached to real relationships, romantic or otherwise, which makes intuitive sense until you realize that all of those “judgements” hold no water because they’re founded on parasocial relationships. 

This is not a 

4 hours ago, zatalcon3 said:

paradigm shift

This is just an evil person getting what they deserve, which is all it is and all it should be. 

That’s not to discount the fact that women are disproportionately affected by domestic violence, or the solid fact that men are also subject to domestic violence (and it’s not uncommon [I would know having been there and being a part of circles of men who have too]), but rather that I think it’s unfair to make a big show of how men are finally getting their way when it should never be about men’s abuse vs women’s abuse. It’s always supposed to be men and women against abuse entirely. She was at fault. She deserves this. Not because it’s high time women pay, but because she’s done evil and the victim deserves justice.

4 hours ago, PVL_93_RU said:

Oh stop crying, you look like a pussy

You are what you eat so get on your knees and sob.

3 hours ago, Sonero said:

Its my birthday.

Kiss my ass, bitches.

🥰

Happy birthday, big man! Hope you had a great day with your awesome family. You deserve it for being a great husband and an even better dad.

3 hours ago, Maxx said:

ahhh america

-ban abortions

-baby food crisis

-no influx of new money for foster care/social services

-overworked social works..under funded

this country is fucking hilarious

One of my best friends is a social worker in Michigan. Booooooooy She’s been beyond pissed at all the stuff happening lately w/ Roe v Wade and everything else. 

Edited by iStu X
9 hours ago, Dayaan said:

Untrue. Find yourself a better partner.

I have an amazing person in my life who continuously pushes past my own insecurity that I’m not cared for to make sure that I feel safe in her company, and above all else, an equal to her. I have no issue being there for her, and while it’s hard to believe how lucky I am that I have someone like that for me, she is always there for me too. 

You’re simply describing a societal disconnect from the emotions attached to real relationships, romantic or otherwise, which makes intuitive sense until you realize that all of those “judgements” hold no water because they’re founded on parasocial relationships. 

This is not a 

This is just an evil person getting what they deserve, which is all it is and all it should be. 

That’s not to discount the fact that women are disproportionately affected by domestic violence, or the solid fact that men are also subject to domestic violence (and it’s not uncommon [I would know having been there and being a part of circles of men who have too]), but rather that I think it’s unfair to make a big show of how men are finally getting their way when it should never be about men’s abuse vs women’s abuse. It’s always supposed to be men and women against abuse entirely. She was at fault. She deserves this. Not because it’s high time women pay, but because she’s done evil and the victim deserves justice.

You are what you eat so get on your knees and sob.

Happy birthday, big man! Hope you had a great day with your awesome family. You deserve it for being a great husband and an even better dad.

Your entire reply is out of context to what my post is referring to and barely understood anything I said.  How the fuck does "finding a good partner" or your having a good relationship with a fat ugly girl have any significance in post that speaks in regards to men who being poorly treated by women they had feelings for and how unfair society treats the circumstances based on gender? LOL Comprehend first. 

Yes, women are affected by domestic violence and not to undermine it but they are able to get justice and support from that. We don't.  You heard it from Herd, "no one will believe you because you are a man". That statement is true. Because for the longest time, men get ridiculed and judged if he is being abused by his woman. and if this woman is attractive she can make any form of slander against the man to justify her actions and 9/10 people will believe her. In short, he is always going to be judged to be at fault. Men can get emotionally abused by women, its just not as documented because men do not get the same sympathy. The help, support, or even believed is very low in comparison to that of a woman, and because of that mental health issues in men are high. The Depp/Herd case is probably one of the rarest (or even first) case that I have ever seen in where the man is getting support, and I'm hoping it leads to a paradigm shift. 

Edited by zatalcon3

There was quite a few Endgame trailers, but this one was my favorite; I keep watching it again and again on occasion because it is that damn amazing with the music and visuals... I even have the audio ripped and in my regular music playlist:

Thanos' line was so cool as the epic music plays--- "You could not live with your own failure.  Where did that bring you..?  ...back to me."

It's strange that these legendary trailers aren't on the actual Blu-ray discs for the movies... at least in the case of Infinity War and Endgame.  

Oh yeah, I have to show Dad this stuff---- ever since he was a kid, he was always a pure DC fanboy; never got into Marvel, so it's all "news" to him when I've explained what goes on with these characters and their stories.  The concept and story of the Infinity Gauntlet and Thanos' going after it piqued his interest.

Edited by MillionX

Women on Facebook learning how to deal with rejection, ironically from other women. No fun being ignored and being made to feel insignificant, huh? Us men go through this constantly, even when giving out a harmless compliment, we're at risk of receiving zero response or being clowned

Welcome to our world, you are not entitled to a response either, ladies even from other ladies 😂

I’ve been having a really shitty few weeks. Been barely sleeping. A lot of anxiety. Pretty consistent sleep paralysis when I am able to sleep. 

but I slept for quite a bit last night and feel a lot better. I still feel shitty. But I feel a lot better than I did yesterday. 

I also made myself breakfast which I haven’t done in a while. I’ll probably get shit for it but I don’t care. 😂

I made protein waffles with peanut butter, sugar free syrup and bananas 

B3571641-E183-41D9-A2EA-C94E069A9CB0.jpeg

Edited by iStu X
9 minutes ago, PVL_93_RU said:

imma need to study up on the latino slang then

Cholo usually refers to the urban subculture from mexican gangs on the border.

It is also was a fashion during the 2000's.

Gringo is a slang way to refer to someone from the USA, some people think it refers to white people, but is in general.

In some places it is used for any foreigner regardless if is from USA or not.

And well, studying latino slangs would be kind of difficult, because it varies from country to country 😅

What is slang in one place is not in other, or it can mean a completely different thing, lol.

"Chol@s" can also refer to natives in South America (mostly Peru and Bolivia), although just like the gangs do, some people can either feel offended or wear it as badge of honor.

"Gringos" originates from the US invasion of Mexico in 1846 where the locals would show their disapproval of the presence of American troops by telling them "Green go!" (referring to the color of the American soldiers' uniforms), and later reduced to just "gringo"

That special eclipse situation that happened in... 2017 (yep that was it... it was a "total solar eclipse" in August that year) ... that was another situation where I was hoping it would be the catalyst for humans to gain superpowers somehow.  I was thinking "ah, if only this is how we get to a real-world situation of 'meta-humans' where mankind evolves..." , like here it is... an "origin story" for something awesome!  Then later it would be covid and the vaccines.  Superpowers origin story there?  At least so far--- NOPE.  My wishlist would only have been like Flash or at least Quicksilver-level speed/reaction times, or ideally Xavier-level psychic ability, advanced healing factor or shadow/darkness powers (like my favorite clan from VtM-- conjuring shadowy weapons, armor or even creatures, shadowy duplicates of myself, shadow teleports, etc.).

Alas... since real life on this planet can never be as interesting as it is in comics and anime, nothing of note would happen from that.  (*Probably because "God", if he does exist...is actually the Debbie Downer character from SNL at best.)

Edited by MillionX
5 hours ago, iStu X said:

One of my best friends is a social worker in Michigan. Booooooooy She’s been beyond pissed at all the stuff happening lately w/ Roe v Wade and everything else. 

I used to date a social Worker like 8 years ago and she would tell me how much of a mess it was even back then. I cant imagine how crazy its gonna get. 

5 hours ago, zatalcon3 said:

being poorly treated by women they had feelings for and how unfair society treats the circumstances based on gender? LOL Comprehend first. 

Convenient how you talk about comprehension and then make it seem that my post was about me, when I was simply using my case as an example to discuss that this idea of men’s mental health being ignored isn’t as bad as it used to be. Do better.

5 hours ago, zatalcon3 said:

Yes, women are affected by domestic violence and not to undermine it but they are able to get justice and support from that. We don't.  You heard it from Herd, "no one will believe you because you are a man". That statement is true. Because for the longest time, men get ridiculed and judged if he is being abused by his woman. and if this woman is attractive she can make any form of slander against the man to justify her actions and 9/10 people will believe her. In short, he is always going to be judged to be at fault. Men can get emotionally abused by women, its just not as documented because men do not get the same sympathy. The help, support, or even believed is very low in comparison to that of a woman, and because of that mental health issues in men are high. The Depp/Herd case is probably one of the rarest (or even first) case that I have ever seen in where the man is getting support, and I'm hoping it leads to a paradigm shift. 

This last paragraph confuses the hell out of me because you make great and objectively true statements followed by a totally skewed perception of reality. We do get justice as men for domestic violence cases. And yet it is also true to your point that we do not have the same number of resources as women do for these things and it’s because they are affected more than we are (not to discount the intensity or effects of the abuse we receive. It’s more of a demand thing - especially in light of how so much of our demand for support is quashed by the societal pressure to be tough). Very often, women get away with abuse because men don’t have an avenue to speak up, and it’s not because she’s attractive or a woman, and for what it’s worth, outside of the US, the situation is completely inverted. That 9/10 statistic that you just threw out there came from the validation-seeking excuse of a used orifice you call your own ass. Why am I not arguing by saying that it’s not true and that 99% of social media is against Amber Heard? Because my entire social media is filled with art and niche engineering projects, and these small creators are often the same people who stand with Johnny Depp because the evidence is there and they gain nothing from their small audience by counter-culturing their way into clout. Why do I even mention them if I’m not trying to make a point with them? Because that’s my whole feed. That’s my algorithm. That’s my bubble and perception of the world. Everyone in my sight is on my side of the case that Amber Heard is to blame and to be prosecuted for all this. That echo chamber is exactly why we can’t pull a single statistic to make an argument as to whether she’s actually getting away with this. We have to look at what’s going on in the justice system, and after yesterday she got absolutely smashed. That’s what she deserves for her actions.

It’s true. Men don’t have the same support. Depp is lucky to get his. Most men are not. But it has very little to do with the attractiveness of a woman or whether they’re above us. It’s more an issue of how we’re made to keep that abuse a secret because abuse is an indication of vulnerability which we all recognise can range from making a man undesirable to ending his career. It’s up to us to take that risk and speak out against it, because that built-in suppressive attribute of male domestic abuse is only one of the effects of being a victim of it. It is and should always be us against abuse.

With that being said, I love you because you are human. I love you all. Most of you won’t care and for those that do, it’s not your fault either, but I’ll leave the forums. I’ll be on Discord, but I don’t think I want to be in a place where my partner can get insulted for the sake of proving a point, especially when we’re on the same side.

Bye bye, and good luck with your Transformers collections! ❤️ 

3 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Gringo is a slang way to refer to someone from the USA, some people think it refers to white people, but is in general.

This depends on where in the US you are. I'm in Arizona for example, 2 hour from the bosrder, here Gringo absolutely means white people from up north.  

It can be just what they call you but it can also be derisive. Just depends on the situation. 

Just now, RSG3 said:

This depends on where in the US you are. I'm in Arizona for example, 2 hour from the bosrder, here Gringo absolutely means white people from up north.  

It can be just what they call you but it can also be derisive. Just depends on the situation. 

I am talking specifically about latin america here.

I don't doubt that with time, some people living on Usa start using it in a different manner.

But as far as latin america and spain pertains, gringo is anyone from the usa, regardless of race.

Pretty much like for example, the people from my country are called catracho, from guatemala are called chapin, etc.