Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

6 hours ago, KawaiiBandy said:

While I think Dave Chappelle as a comedian never had any substance to his career, especially the way he looks, I honestly don't think it was worth physically attacking him, even though I find this case pretty funny. People should let the gravy cricket do his thing and focus on more important matters.

I'm glad Dave did it.  If these fuckers want violence then give them fucking violence.  It's time to stop treating these tards with kid gloves.

Edited by J-ride
3 hours ago, zatalcon3 said:

Really, what is his point and what does it matter in the end because it's still a bad leftist ideology,

He pointed out a fallacy that you made in constructing your argument. This will help you understand why it was a bad posture. 

EDIT - Honestly, I miss the work PBS was doing. 

Another great one just for better discourse

A subsequent playlist. We saw a lot of these during election season. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124

they should've made sure that chump's legs were busted up as bad as that arm.  People need to learn some life lessons the hard way.

A new Married With Children----ooh, I can't wait to see how Peg Bundy will all of a sudden be super smart and running that household, while Kelly Bundy will be made into a superior female character as well, while Al is made out to be even more of a loser in life than he was previously....because y'know, "girl (and lgbtqp)power" and all that jazz....gotta ride that bandwagon while it's hot, y'know.

New-era X-men show or movie---you know it's coming:

• All the female characters will be portrayed as vastly superior to the males...and the real leaders of the team.  They will also get significantly more screen time.
  • The newly-gay or newly-pansexual male characters...same goes for them.  Professor Xavier will be reduced to an incompetent buffoon that barely knows what's going on.  Jubilee (who is now a non-binary person of color) will be the real brains behind the operation.  
  • They'll get their way and make Magneto a random black american dude (who is gay or non-binary, of course; straight ones aren't allowed) from Chicago, Detroit or Atlanta...and he grew up in the 1960s.  The subtle part of the plan there is that this is the new default version, and people will eventually forget the "real" version of Magneto.  
  • Storm is either old (maybe Viola Davis) and/or fat now (Lizzo size), to score those "body positivity" representation points.
  • Juggernaut gets his ass kicked by a normal human girl at some point.  There is no logical explanation for how she does it; she just kicks his ass easily we have to accept it.

I should be a writer in Hollywood... this is kinda fun and amusing (at least to me), actually.

32 minutes ago, MillionX said:

they should've made sure that chump's legs were busted up as bad as that arm.  People need to learn some life lessons the hard way....

Chappelle should tell everyone the next person who steps to him is going to get it even worse and he will pay his security guards' legal fees.

Edited by J-ride
2 hours ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

He pointed out a fallacy that you made in constructing your argument. This will help you understand why it was a bad posture. 

EDIT - Honestly, I miss the work PBS was doing. 

Another great one just for better discourse

A subsequent playlist. We saw a lot of these during election season. 

No he didn't. My stance was always the same, MtF's competing with women are a leftist ideology and any random "science" article talking various medical procedures that help transgenders compete on an even field is all leftist bullshit.  They can probably compete with the gender they identify in competitions like pool and maybe ping pong, but in the majority of sports they should just create a transgender division because it is wrong and unfair. 

That animated Married With Children story is Yikes.

I don't like to judge things until a trailer, but I don't get the point there. I don't know how they could put a spin on the original to make it something we'd want to watch today. They have kind of an X-Factor: cartoons can get away with more than live action these days. But I can't see this series going more dark or raunchy without turning people off, and there's no value in going animated just to let off the same kind of jokes as the 90s. Plus, I think other shows, such as like Family Guy and F is for Family, have horned in on the animated family show market to the point they might not be able to make something good enough to stand out.

I'm hoping the cast sees something in this I don't, beyond just a paycheck or a desire to get the old gang back together for fun. They all (except for maybe Faustino) seem to be doing well enough they don't need this, so maybe they got hit with great scripts. Still, I'm not hype for this as a fan of the original.

Edited by axeman61
8 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

https://www.superherohype.com/geek-culture/514821-playmates-announces-street-fighter-ii-vs-tmnt-figure-two-packs

TMNT vs SF  figures from Playmates.

TMNT themselves look a bit odd, but the SF figures look ok.

They’re based off the Original/Mirage era of comics sans all four of them having red eye bands.  

That said, both Tmnt and SF figures look ugly as sin. Also the match ups are horrible. Why is Michelangelo not facing Ken?

Edited by iStu X

Chicken bacon (spicy!) ranch flatbread pizza boooooiiii

I added spinach for a cooling agent of sorts as I made the spicy ranch mixture very spicy.

Extremely good for me too. Super High in fiber. High protein. The only carbs come from the cheese (which is low fat), and the ranch mixture. Which even then is honestly barely any carbs. Under 15 iirc

9D2A5664-33F4-4A6C-9CF1-7B0F58C86797.jpeg

Edited by iStu X
53 minutes ago, TheInfernoman said:

MEME MONDAY joke accounts? edition:

Stupid people online aside, I'm a little worried if Dave Chappelle is still going after Gay/Trans people. Not because I'm a fierce ally, but because The Closer is his worst special due to hyper-focus on them. And I saw it live. I wish he would, at the very least, take a break from that topic unless he has a unique angle or just great jokes.

Edited by axeman61
1 hour ago, iStu X said:

I added spinach for a cooling agent of sorts as I made the spicy ranch mixture very spicy.

Extremely good for me too. Super High in fiber. High protein. The only carbs come from the cheese (which is low fat), and the ranch mixture. Which even then is honestly barely any carbs. Under 15 iirc

I swear to god, between this and the banana bread, I'm just going to show up at your house one day and make myself a plate. You can't keep doing this shit to me.

2 hours ago, iStu X said:

It looks like a bunch of tortilla chips and spinach that was jizzed on and then microwaved on top of a disposal plate from a 99c store. 

2 hours ago, iStu X said:

Spoiler

Looks tasty

Edited by DarkSakul
After 15 years of business in Russia, Starbucks announced on Monday that it will permanently close all of its 130 cafes in response to its ongoing invasion of Ukraine. The coffeehouse company said in a memo that it will 'no longer have a brand presence’ in the country. The company also said that it will pay all of its 2,000 workers in Russia for the next six months.
Like many companies, Starbucks temporarily shuttered its business in Russia in March 2022 during the early stages of the invasion of Ukraine. Now, many companies are leaving Russia completely. McDonald’s, which had been operating its business for 30+ years in Russia, announced last week that it would shut down all of its operations completely.

283949559_5764758050280938_3003567807043
1 hour ago, TheInfernoman said:

I'm still surprised so many of you continue to engage with an individual who is committed to what he posts here despite your disdain for his trolling ways. Just ignore the guy report and move on. He does it because he feeds off of your rage. 

I for one welcome our trolling overlord, so many epic lolcow moments i've enjoyed as a result of his presence here 😃

6 hours ago, axeman61 said:

Stupid people online aside, I'm a little worried if Dave Chappelle is still going after Gay/Trans people. Not because I'm a fierce ally, but because The Closer is his worst special due to hyper-focus on them. And I saw it live. I wish he would, at the very least, take a break from that topic unless he has a unique angle or just great jokes.

he is. he apparently showed up as a surprise at john mulaneys show and a bunch of lgbtq people who were in audience were upset because they didnt sign up for that and he was goin in on trans people again apparently.

6 hours ago, misterBee said:

@zatalcon3final warning.

Ignore their reporting. Many here can not take opposing views that doesn't align to pop culture trends and they become hostile towards anyone different towards it. There has to be a counter measure here in this thread; A fact checker, a voice out of the crowd; that delivers the hard truths of the real world regardless of it being unpopular.  Someone who can actually clap back when people just want to be obnoxious when their views are disagreed on.

I have to be who I am here. We can't all be the same. I can't join in the heard and just parrot of views for popularity or acceptance. I don't follow views and conform to societal cliché's nor do i get influenced by viral trend, celebrities, or  popular views.. and I get hated for refusing to do so. One has to be the difference.

Edited by zatalcon3

So I got a 4k blu-ray disc for the first time... Alita Battle Angel...  the visuals in this are INSANE.  It's also one hell of a movie, just generally speaking; I loved every minute of it....would be even better as a regular series though.  Action was top notch, and it's so far the most incredible cgi I've ever seen on film, by a longshot.  

It will be hard to go back to media that is below this level of quality now.  From now on, if there's a 4k blu-ray option on anything, I can't settle for less.

Just now, MillionX said:

So I got a 4k blu-ray disc for the first time... Alita Battle Angel...  the visuals in this are INSANE.  It's also one hell of a movie, just generally speaking; I loved every minute of it....would be even better as a regular series though.  Action was top notch, and it's so far the most incredible cgi I've ever seen on film, by a longshot.  

It will be hard to go back to media that is below this level of quality now.  From now on, if there's a 4k blu-ray option on anything, I can't settle for less.

You used PS5 to play it?

Yeah, it was only recently I remembered that PS5 can play that format....so now that's my way in on the 4k blu-ray situation.  Of course there is the unfortunate reality that all companies are desperately trying (and succeeding) to push people into a streaming-only future, so it won't be long before that's another dead format.  Even back in the good ol' days when stores had much larger tv/movie sections, the UHD section was always small.... currently it's only a few shelves on 1 side of an aisle at my usual Walmart.  The tv/movie section in general at that Walmart is still surprisingly huge overall though... it's like that 1 store is caught in a time-warp where it's still 2005, and stores cared enough to maintain a large section of that.  

Note---it was actually 3 discs, which was a surprise to me; the 4k disc, a regular blu-ray and a 3d blu-ray; heh, I forgot that was a thing, actually.  I haven't cared about watching a movie in "3d" in a very long time.

I must get Infinity War and Endgame in 4k now, of course, along with all my others I consider to be in the "Legend" category.  I remember for sure they have Ready Player One in the 4k section, so I'm definitely getting that next time I go there.

Edited by MillionX
3 hours ago, MillionX said:

Yeah, it was only recently I remembered that PS5 can play that format....so now that's my way in on the 4k blu-ray situation. 

This was the primary reason why I didn't get a 4K player. When the PS4Pro  came out, I thought they were going to throw one in, but they didn't so I just waited till the PS5 was formally announced. 

3 hours ago, MillionX said:

I must get Infinity War and Endgame in 4k now, of course, along with all my others I consider to be in the "Legend" category.

Coincidentally, Endgame was the first 4K disc I used with my PS5. 

283470192_5767372006686209_7546894619206

Amber Heard might not have appeared in ‘Aquaman 2’ if not for the support of her co-star Jason Momoa and director James Wan, according to witness testimony in the ongoing Depp-Heard trial.

Heard’s team brought Kathryn Arnold, an entertainment industry consultant and expert witness, to the stand on May 23 to speak to the ‘reputational harm and economic loss’ that Heard experienced after claims that she faked abuse allegations against ex-husband Johnny Depp.
Arnold testified that Warner Brothers removed Heard from the film’s promotional materials and did not invite her to the DC FanDome event in 2021. ‘Research showed whenever Heard’s name was mentioned, whether in connection to a film, TV show, magazine article, or endorsement deal, there was immediate backlash from fans on social media,’ she said.

Arnold claimed that the studio might have dropped Heard from the film altogether, if not for Momoa and Wan standing by her. ‘In February 2021, there were conversations that Amber’s, I’m going to be technical with you, her option for employment was not going to be exercised. So they may not have hired her again,’ she said. ‘Her management team fought very hard and they ultimately ended up hiring her, but not only because of what her management did, but also because star Jason Momoa and director James Wan committed to her.’
18 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

.....Arnold claimed that the studio might have dropped Heard from the film altogether, if not for Momoa and Wan standing by her. ‘In February 2021, there were conversations that Amber’s, I’m going to be technical with you, her option for employment was not going to be exercised. So they may not have hired her again,’ she said. ‘Her management team fought very hard and they ultimately ended up hiring her, but not only because of what her management did, but also because star Jason Momoa and director James Wan committed to her.’

I like how the article forgets to mention that Momoa was banging her.

Edited by J-ride