Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

@zatalcon3This here is a little clubhouse for (mostly) old FGC people.  If you want to report hard-hitting truths go find a job at a newspaper.  Maybe start a cable-only fringe news channel.

If you antagonize/insult enough people enough times I'll remove you from the site.  That's all it is.  Doesn't get any simpler than that.   I don't like problems, and people who are problems get removed.

1 hour ago, Chadouken said:

This is fucking awful 😭

https://www.npr.org/2022/05/24/1101037902/texas-elementary-school-shooting-uvalde

14 kids and one teacher killed in elementary school shooting.

That is some awful shit, then I saw this linked at the bottom...

https://www.npr.org/2022/05/24/1101050970/2022-school-shootings-so-far

27 school shootings this year so far. 27. You guys in the states are fucking stupid, thats not an opinion but a fact. You guys got some taliban esque backward mentality that allows these poor kids to get blasted so often that its normalised behavior. I dont have any solutions for wtf anybody can do about it but it should be pretty damn radical and happen pretty damn fast. Feel so shitty for the parents, absolute tragedy. 

I feel for ya Sonichuman i really do. Situation just seems hopeless for you guys. That article linked some gun violence recording site and holy shit. 25k annual deaths. Ukraine and RUSSIA are in the middle of a war and throwing cruise missles at each other  and havent touched those numbers. You guys are just plain fucked. 

You guys need an internet ban for 5 years and FEMA running super mental health checks on the population and straight up murking anybody who doesnt pass the Voight-Kampff test or something. You dont have one asshole in office who will stand up and say some shit like "yea so our children are being straight up executed, am gonna risk some votes and just come out and say this isnt ok..." I feel bad I got Boris as PM but this is a different level.

Had the same conversation on SRK years ago, literally nothing has changed. Nothing.

I'm on the fence on religion being in schools, if people can have an actual fear for doing mass murder such as this then I see nothing wrong with it. Buddhism, Christianity, Islam, and other religions do teach things like forgiveness, moving on, having faith when things become shitty, and also fear of going to hell if they do something bad. Religion should be taught on its philosophical side not for political purposes. 

The whole acknowledgement of mental health is bullshit, it's nothing more than advertisement slogan for therapists, therapy is fucking expensive and it is only useful if you can afford the above average prices. 

Guns have to be banned above all. This country has lost its right to the 2nd amendment a long time ago, and year after year we just get "thoughts and prayers" posted on twitter, that's it. 

3 hours ago, zatalcon3 said:

I'm on the fence on religion being in schools, if people can have an actual fear for doing mass murder such as this then I see nothing wrong with it. Buddhism, Christianity, Islam, and other religions do teach things like forgiveness, moving on, having faith when things become shitty, and also fear of going to hell if they do something bad. Religion should be taught on its philosophical side not for political purposes. 

The whole acknowledgement of mental health is bullshit, it's nothing more than advertisement slogan for therapists, therapy is fucking expensive and it is only useful if you can afford the above average prices. 

Guns have to be banned above all. This country has lost its right to the 2nd amendment a long time ago, and year after year we just get "thoughts and prayers" posted on twitter, that's it. 

Gun ban is only effective if criminals have a hard time getting them too. If they really cracked down on weapon and ammo smuggling to the point. Criminals are very selective of when to use the few guns and bullets they are able to aquire? Then ok.

But if we're left in a situation where average citizens can't own one. But Criminals still have easy access? That's gonna be a shit show.

2 hours ago, BB_Hoody said:

Gun ban is only effective if criminals have a hard time getting them too. If they really cracked down on weapon and ammo smuggling to the point. Criminals are very selective of when to use the few guns and bullets they are able to aquire? Then ok.

But if we're left in a situation where average citizens can't own one. But Criminals still have easy access? That's gonna be a shit show.

Yeah, that genie is already out of the bottle so to speak--- a gun ban that some people want isn't going to magically make all firearms just vanish like a Thanos Snap solution.... it just leaves the average law-abiding citizen with no legal way to defend themselves in various situations.  Those people arguing that should imagine for a moment what's like to be chillin at home and late one night there's a noise somewhere in the house because "Deebo" and his boys are trying to break in....and there would be nothing at your disposal for immediate protection against that scum.  Maybe they want to try their luck with a kitchen knife against Deebo's gun, I guess.... while police are going to take about 15 minutes (at least) probably to get there.

Edited by MillionX

I just want better gun control, better background checks, licensing, like that kid turned 18 and just walked into the store and bought two rifles and walked out, went home and shot his grandmother then headed to the school. 

like why do you have to have a license, insurance, registration to drive but not to buy a fucking gun? Banning guns outright is pointless, but just letting people buy a gun like it's a Big Mac doesn't work either. Like come on. 

Edited by RSG3

No doubt. There is going to be a black market for sure, but at this point what other options do we have? The whole "mental health awareness" reply we get has ran its course. Its an advertisement than advise because good psychologists are expensive and some of them require the person to get a med check up first to get referred.  It is time to improve restrictions of guns and maybe ban them in specific states.

Edited by zatalcon3

It's time to reform health care in this country and make mental health care affordable instead of ignoring the problem. These are two issues that compound one another. Health care in this country is completely fucked and ignoring it will continue to make problems like this worse. You'll take the guns away and they'll use something else like their fucking cars as we have already seen. 

Edited by RSG3

Interesting... so the last straw for him was an argument with Grandma, about his failure to graduate, apparently:

https://nypost.com/2022/05/25/texas-shooter-salvador-ramos-attacked-after-fight-with-grandma/

He's dead, right?  That's a bit of a shame...because I'd rather he'd have been thrown into general population for life with no parole... and then "accidentally" leak the info that he's in there because he killed some kids... and I'm sure the other inmates would've taken care of things from there.

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

Heh someone never got pushed down any stairs by a certain someone else lol. 

It makes me wonder if the media booked Amber as the face in this whole Judge judy like of a defamation trial, how would the supporting posts for her be like? 

Edited by zatalcon3

Just making it harder to get a gun legally would go a long way.

Need to pass a licensing test first, and wait a minimum of 30 between buying your gun and picking it up from the store?  Well a month+ is probably plenty of time to cool down from that argument you just had with grandma.

That dude can just buy an illegal gun you say?  Sure, but now he's got to know somebody, or find somebody.  And its going to cost more, because the scarcity on doing it the legal way has driven the price up.

Shit, at this point it would be a massive improvement if we could at least do that for semi-autos.  Yeah, people would still get murdered or robbed with a revolver or bolt-action, but at least untrained 18yo rage-goobers aren't going to be able to go full fucking Rambo on a school house with one.

Edited by Reticently
41 minutes ago, MillionX said:

Interesting... so the last straw for him was an argument with Grandma, about his failure to graduate, apparently:

https://nypost.com/2022/05/25/texas-shooter-salvador-ramos-attacked-after-fight-with-grandma/

He's dead, right?  That's a bit of a shame...because I'd rather he'd have been thrown into general population for life with no parole... and then "accidentally" leak the info that he's in there because he killed some kids... and I'm sure the other inmates would've taken care of things from there.

Holy shit.  I messaged a similar situation to my wife and I didn't think that that's exactly what happened.  When I told her about what he did she assumed that everything was premeditated and I said it could be but there's a possibility of some spontaneity in there.  I told her he probably bought the guns  and attempted to intimidate his Grandma things got out of hand so he jumps in his car and crashes it and then just heads to the school.  Jesus Christ man...19+ souls deleted because of an argument.

Walmart Apologizes for Controversial ‘Juneteenth’ Ice Cream After Backlash

Walmart-1-640x480.jpg

Pictures of Great Value’s Juneteenth “celebration edition” ice cream began to circulate across social media over the weekend. President Biden signed a bill last year establishing Juneteenth National Independence Day, commemorating the end of slavery.

“Share and celebrate African-American culture, emancipation, and enduring hope,” the carton of swirled red velvet and cheesecake flavored ice cream reads.

“Juneteenth holiday marks a celebration of freedom and independence,” Walmart told FOX Television Stations.

“However, we received feedback that a few items caused concern for some of our customers and we sincerely apologize,” the company added. “We are reviewing our assortment and will remove items as appropriate.”

As a result, many social media users are urging shoppers to instead purchase the “black-owned brand” Creamalicious ice cream, founded by Chef Liz Rogers:

Edited by AriesWarlock

There are other countries around the world with a tradition of gun culture, like Switzerland, and they don't have the same problems as the US because, as far as I know, you're still expected to have some kind of license or qualification in order to own firearms.

It's very possible to make American gun culture and the second amendment work with a safer environment for gun ownership, but that's never going to happen right now because the debate on guns has long ossified into yet another retarded culture war topic where everything turns into an existential battle for the very fate of western civilization and no concession can ever be made over anything, ever.

1 hour ago, MillionX said:

Yeah, that genie is already out of the bottle so to speak--- a gun ban that some people want isn't going to magically make all firearms just vanish like a Thanos Snap solution.... it just leaves the average law-abiding citizen with no legal way to defend themselves in various situations.  Those people arguing that should imagine for a moment what's like to be chillin at home and late one night there's a noise somewhere in the house because "Deebo" and his boys are trying to break in....and there would be nothing at your disposal for immediate protection against that scum.  Maybe they want to try their luck with a kitchen knife against Deebo's gun, I guess.... while police are going to take about 15 minutes (at least) probably to get there.

Here the thing, in the last 20+ years almost every shooting that happened, the guns were purchased legally. RSG3 said it, you can buy a gun about as easily as you can buy a cheese burger. 

Guns should have a background check, cross-referencing various databases, a min wait time period. Perhaps mandatory training and licensing like you would with an automobile. 

The US is the only 1st world country with this issue, and it needs to change.  

Just read this comment that found interesting. Maybe someone more well versed in this can corroborate

The second amendment is about militias and tyranny. Scalia said this (in Heller): “[T]he right secured by the Second Amendment…is not unlimited… Nothing in our opinion should be taken to cast doubt on…laws impos­ing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms.”

Read the words of the amendment.  It doesn’t say: “having guns is a civil liberty.” There is a purpose/prefatory clause: “A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State…”

Edited by AriesWarlock
35 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

There are other countries around the world with a tradition of gun culture, like Switzerland, and they don't have the same problems as the US because, as far as I know, you're still expected to have some kind of license or qualification in order to own firearms.

It's very possible to make American gun culture and the second amendment work with a safer environment for gun ownership, but that's never going to happen right now because the debate on guns has long ossified into yet another retarded culture war topic where everything turns into an existential battle for the very fate of western civilization and no concession can ever be made over anything, ever.

Do any European countries have an analog to the NRA? 

With all the money they donate to politicians in the US, that's another difference between us and the rest of the world. 

Edited by DangerousJ

I am at 150 pounds at about 20 percent body fat on my likely inaccurate scale. I'm sure the weight part of the scale is accurate though. My body has become more defined. I want to lose 10 more pounds. Due to my body in being in a much better condition, everything about me is functioning much better. Mental processes are clear. My emotions are much more stable. I have more self control and I go with the flow more. My body feels lighter and much more relaxed and almost pain free. I am more agile and fast. My intuition has increased. 

My intuition has increased. 

Edited by Seth Vega