Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

so far, a great thing about Stranger Things is that they are NOT beating the audience over the head with agendas and ideology....at least not in such an obvious way like soooo much other shit out there in the past few years.  It's like the producers of this series did it like the good ol days with the approach of "hey let's make a great/entertaining story with interesting characters people will care about.", and everything else was secondary to that.  I'm up to episode 6 now and things are still great.... I'm loving every minute of it; a shame that this season has to be the end. (*really no way around that since the kids who are the main stars are basically grown at this point)

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, Reticently said:

I think this is a little misdirected.  Whoever Heard used as lawyers, the lawyers mostly have to work under the assumption that their client is telling them the truth- short of Heard claiming shit that would have clearly been an obvious lie from the get-go anyway.  Doesn't matter if it was the ACLU, Cooley LLC, or some random independent hanging their name out on a shingle.

As for the ACLU billing Depp, Depp's lawyers hit the ACLU with a request that took hundreds of hours of work to fulfill.  I can't say what the ACLU is asking for is "fair", but I don't think any of us are surprised that lawyers feel like their time should be expensive.  FWIW, if Depp wins legal costs, all that money is going to come from Heard anyway.

The ACLU is directly involved. They were the ones that drafted the Op-Ed for Amber in first place.  They are as complicit as she is. It was a collaborative effort by both Amber and the ACLU. They purposely wrote it in a manner that people would know it was about Johnny Depp without mentioning his name. Its disgusting for a supposed charitable organization to behave in such a manner.

9 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Considering they helped draft the article that is at the heart of this defamation case, I think they should fuck off and pay their expenses. That will teach you to aid and abed a cheater and liar who never fucking paid you what she promised to begin with. 

On a side not I've really come to discover my girl and I fall asleep to very different audio. I took a nap and fell asleep to some gaming podcast where dorks drone on forever. I wake up to her in bed next to me and fucking ABBA blasting on the TV. How the fuck you even tri to sleep some energetic ass bullshit like ABBA? Now Bohemeian Rhapsody is on, woman wtf, this is not sleeping audio in the slightest. And she wonders why I choose to sleep on the couch so much lol.  

I  can't say anything cause I can fall asleep to nearly anything so long as it's music.  I have the hardest fucking time sleeping when it's silence and even worse if it's dead silence.  If I can hear the house creaking, the cars on the road a quarter mile away, the crickets out my window, or your breathing beside me then it's distracting AF for me for wahtever reason.  The playlist I prefer to sleep on has just about almost every genre in it so lol.

8 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

They were the ones that drafted the Op-Ed for Amber in first place.

That's part of the job-  if you ask a lawyer to draft stuff for you, they draft it for you saying the things you want it to say.  I recently had one write up a whole will for me, and that thing is way bigger than a letter, even though I don't really have much.  Cost me way less than what Heard agreed to give the ACLU though.

Edited by Reticently
19 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I  can't say anything cause I can fall asleep to nearly anything so long as it's music.  I have the hardest fucking time sleeping when it's silence and even worse if it's dead silence.  If I can hear the house creaking, the cars on the road a quarter mile away, the crickets out my window, or your breathing beside me then it's distracting AF for me for wahtever reason.  The playlist I prefer to sleep on has just about almost every genre in it so lol.

I can fall asleep to anything but catchy music with lyrics. Spend all night singing that shit in my head. It's easier to fall asleep to her violent true crime murder shit then it is to sleep tonfucoong ABBA lmao. 

16 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I can fall asleep to anything but catchy music with lyrics. Spend all night singing that shit in my head. It's easier to fall asleep to her violent true crime murder shit then it is to sleep tonfucoong ABBA lmao. 

......does your girl have Discovery ID on at night?

32 minutes ago, Reticently said:

That's part of the job-  if you ask a lawyer to draft stuff for you, they draft it for you saying the things you want it to say.  I recently had one write up a whole will for me, and that thing is way bigger than a letter, even though I don't really have much.  Cost me way less than what Heard agreed to give the ACLU though.

I don't think your lawyer made you an Ambassador for their firm. The ACLU made Amber Heard their Ambassador for Women's Rights. They are neck deep in this.

8 minutes ago, Maxx said:

The main character of twitter this week is all of sweden. Apparently they dont feed other people's kids and the internet is not having it. Like play dates n shit you had to go home to eat or even asked for money from a kid for dinner parties 😂 what the fuck. I was forcefed by every fucking culture. 

Yeah I read about that and thought that was crazy.  Parents may not like feeding other parents kids when they are over their house but I've never heard anything that crazy about denying the kid food lol. 

14 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I don't think your lawyer made you an Ambassador for their firm. The ACLU made Amber Heard their Ambassador for Women's Rights. They are neck deep in this.

If I were paying them what she paid the ACLU I'm sure they would have been thrilled to make me some sort of  "diplomat".

The ACLU has a history of having gone to bat for bad people.  But if being a bad person's lawyer is enough to put you on the hook, our whole legal system shuts down.

Edited by Reticently
1 minute ago, Darc_Requiem said:

That's the kicker she hasn't paid them what she promised. Of the 1.3 million the ACLU has credited to her. She's only paid 250k. 

I half suspect they threw the "Ambassador" thing at her to try and keep her in the mindset to pony up the money, honestly.

1 minute ago, Reticently said:

I half suspect they threw the "Ambassador" thing at her to try and keep her in the mindset to pony up the money, honestly.

I think they were trying bolster themselves off of he MeToo wave and picked the wrong person to back. Side note: This case has shown Amber isn't really wealthy either. I wouldn't be surprised if she's working a regular job 5 years from now. That's if she isn't hit with a judgment. If the jury finds in Depp's favor and awards him damages. She'll be bankrupt. Based on the question the jury asked the judge yesterday, it's not looking good for her.

It's interesting, the difference there... if music is on, it's unlikely I fall asleep, since I'll be enjoying the music too much.  I typically just have the tv on as "background noise"....though sometimes I prefer silence as I fall asleep.

*I haven't watched that video about Bob Lazar yet but I recognize him from various specials about UFOs and Area 51... his story about that stuff is fascinating from what I remember; he claims to have worked there way back then as one of the people trying to reverse engineer the crashed alien tech they recovered.

12 hours ago, RSG3 said:

On a side not I've really come to discover my girl and I fall asleep to very different audio. I took a nap and fell asleep to some gaming podcast where dorks drone on forever. I wake up to her in bed next to me and fucking ABBA blasting on the TV. How the fuck you even tri to sleep some energetic ass bullshit like ABBA? Now Bohemeian Rhapsody is on, woman wtf, this is not sleeping audio in the slightest. And she wonders why I choose to sleep on the couch so much lol.  

No joke, i am able to sleep while listening to progressive techical death metal, so anything is possible, lol

Happy 40th Anniversary GIJOE: A Real American Hero!

(While GIJOE has existed since 1964, this incarnation which introduced COBRA and the 3.75 inch toys started in 1982 with the toyline of 13 figures and the Marvel Comic. The first animation , "the Mass Device" debuted in 1983 as a  5 part mini series)

A1RwD2ScVAL.jpg

Early Marvel commercials

(Chris Latta's  CC voice seems to be not fully developed and he is voicing Destro in some of those early commercials.)

1983  first "MASS DEVICE" cartoon intro

After the movie, my favorite intro is the 1984 "Revenge of Cobra" intro

2 hours ago, iStu X said:

Depp and Heard are both fucking idiots  and pieces of shit. 

I agree. 

Come on guys, you seriously can not believe this shit. The fact Herd is tweeting makes it even more obvious, why the fuck would she tweet knowing the whole world is against her?  The bitch has been booked as the top heel in Hollywood and she is still selling it. They are still selling it. With all the recordings s just conveniently taken; a few of them going viral like promos; then various clips with commentary all around social media, guest stars, full on coverage and tweeting.. etc How can so many think this was real and not some show made by the elite? Either this is all a work to start a paradigm shift in pop culture or both of them pissed their cult off so much that they are getting threatened to humiliate themselves. 

This is so fucking fake.

Edited by zatalcon3