Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

3 hours ago, Maxx said:

Im about 5 seconds from starting a sean petition. Since he wasnt in any leaked art

The character design for Chun Li is tempting me to come back to playing again. I gave up on fighting games after MVCI I felt let down and betrayed from the genre because of that game. 

Just now, zatalcon3 said:

The character design for Chun Li is tempting me to come back to playing again. I gave up on fighting games after MVCI I felt let down and betrayed from the genre because of that game. 

Im more curious about what mechanics are in the game. That really will determine if i wanna play. The rumors sound like this thing got more systems than anime fighter 

How can Ryu not be there yet? Ole boring ass motherfucker. Like he was just dude that learned karate to get strong cause thats apparently a thing asian dudes worry about, 300 years later hes beat down armies of random superhero level dudes and hes still all about "meh, maybe if i do the same shit ive been doing forever i can just..."

Fuck you Ryu. Grow the fuck up. You shoot fireballs and self exorcised a demon. You even wrecked some dudes car with your bare fists. What more is there?

Least Ken turned on the flash, got laid, said fuck it. Ryu stomping around like a 6 year old kid at this point who didnt get the present he asked Santa for.

2 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I wanna say Tetsuo has this since his powers are not limited to metals but I have a feeling there's either an aspect of Magneto's abilities I'm not aware of

magneto can literally move planets lol. ill try to watch this later but magneto at the peak of his powers is broken. canon wise he literally used his powers to reverse his aging lmfao.

1 hour ago, Crucades said:

How can Ryu not be there yet? Ole boring ass motherfucker. Like he was just dude that learned karate to get strong cause thats apparently a thing asian dudes worry about, 300 years later hes beat down armies of random superhero level dudes and hes still all about "meh, maybe if i do the same shit ive been doing forever i can just..."

Fuck you Ryu. Grow the fuck up. You shoot fireballs and self exorcised a demon. You even wrecked some dudes car with your bare fists. What more is there?

Least Ken turned on the flash, got laid, said fuck it. Ryu stomping around like a 6 year old kid at this point who didnt get the present he asked Santa for.

Man...FUCK KEN!

Imagine how drastically things would change if the internet/infrastructure just went down for an extensive period of time... like say the sun burped up a coronal mass ejection that fried everything...  it was just one of those random depressing things that came to mind earlier today.  Most people would just be out of work indefinitely, I guess... including those of us that deal with the unemployment benefits system, oddly enough.  At least here, there is no longer a way for people to do their weekly certification just by calling, like the old days; it's all online now and has been for about the past 6 years.

...even worse; imagine if it's not just the internet... and it's just the power in general that's out too... mannnn the shit would hit the fan SO fast...it wouldn't take long for things to get quite ugly out there, as money and savings, bank accounts, etc. suddenly don't mean anything anymore.  Humans are only about as "civilized" as our circumstances allow.  That's quite a downer of an ending to the saga of homo sapiens though... I'd rather the grand finale involve hostile aliens showing up with their tech that is of course thousands+ years more advanced.

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

magneto can literally move planets lol. ill try to watch this later but magneto at the peak of his powers is broken. canon wise he literally used his powers to reverse his aging lmfao.

WTF at reverse aging.  I don't even understand how that gets explained. And yeah see that's the stuff I didn't know about cause I don't know exactly what Magneto's limit was.  I'm only aware of how he is in the movies and the various animations he's in but usually comic book versions of characters are on some other shit and thats info I figures I was missing.

2 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

I wanna say Tetsuo has this since his powers are not limited to metals but I have a feeling there's either an aspect of Magneto's abilities I'm not aware of

Magneto has an infinite and if he has psylocke assist, he has an unmashable tempest, but Tetsuo also has TOD with full resources so this might be a tough one... oh wait

1 hour ago, MillionX said:

That's quite a downer of an ending to the saga of homo sapiens though... I'd rather the grand finale involve hostile aliens showing up with their tech that is of course thousands+ years more advanced.

There are still people in the world living without power, untouched by modern technology. They'll have a fighting chance when we fuck it all up for everyone else.

1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

WTF at reverse aging.  I don't even understand how that gets explained. And yeah see that's the stuff I didn't know about cause I don't know exactly what Magneto's limit was.  I'm only aware of how he is in the movies and the various animations he's in but usually comic book versions of characters are on some other shit and thats info I figures I was missing.

Magneto undergoing reverse aging is really something "performed" on him by another entity.

Exhibit A: Uncanny X-men 104 (Vol 1)

As Claremont's first run began, the "all new all different " X-men were being manipulated by and battled the Shiar agent Erik the Red, he returned Magnus from being a baby to his prime (30s?) and set him against the X-men.

main-qimg-51de9d7c368be7073d590a278058ab

Exhibit B:  I didnt read this one first hand, but essentially after many mutants lost powers after Scarlet Witch decreed, Magnus works with the High Evolutionary to regain his powers. His youth (20s) was restored by this action as well. 

Uncanny X-men 516 (vol. 1)

why-magneto-doesnt-move-like-an-old-man-

Remember the good old Goku vs Superman debates in where Superman would get the most support?

I am telling you now, that for the last 5 or so years, Goku would beat the shit out of Superman, even pre crises supes. Goku during the time of Buu would likely lose but now, any form of Superman would get his ass whooped. 

Edited by zatalcon3
5 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Magneto is an omega level threat which means we have no idea the extent of his power. There is no ceiling. It’s unquantifiable. Marvel has mentioned Magneto is strong enough to knock earth off of its rotational axis.

and that was back in the 90’s. He’s much stronger now. 

Tetsuo gets owned for free. 

Edited by iStu X

286441589_5808229615933781_7648580124509

Workers across the UK will be able to try out a four-day work week starting June 6. The 6-month pilot program is the largest of its kind ever conducted and includes 3,300 workers from 70 companies, from financial services to restaurants.

During the trial, workers will continue to earn 100% of their salary for working 80% of their traditional work week and must maintain 100% of their productivity, according to a press release from 4 Day Week Global, the nonprofit organizing the research.

Countries and companies have been experimenting with the four-day work week for a few years. Microsoft tried it in its Japan offices in 2019 and reported an increase in sales as a result. An experiment conducted in Iceland between 2015 and 2019 saw no drop in productivity and a dramatic increase in employee well-being. Now, an estimated 86% of Iceland’s workforce has gained the right to work shorter hours.

We have the option for 4-day weeks... annnd that's a no for me, dawg.  The unappealing thing about it is the longer days.  For us it works out to 3 days of 9.5 hours and one day of 9 hours, so that it still equals your normal 37.5 total.  At least for me it just doesn't seem to be worth it.  If I'm working extra time in any given day, I'd rather it be counted as real overtime.

Today's 4k haul--- I finally went ahead and got the Indiana Jones collection... my collection of the 4k movies is off to one hell of a start; I also got Gladiator and Ready Player One recently.    

...imagine those unfortunate souls that actually settled for watching something visually insane like Ready Player One....on regular network television or DVD.  Once you've experienced 4k, it's hard to go back and settle for less.

Edited by MillionX