Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

Oh well here we go....

and OF COURSE it's some strange-looking people, who are likely that way because the sad reality is that they simply don't have a lot of options.  ....it will be funny to see society continue pretending like everything out there is perfectly normal and acceptable as the years go on.  Wait until the Insexuals or "Insecticons" show up; they identify as bugs and desire romantic, sexual relationships only with other insects.... or the people who are "Weekendsexuals"----they only desire to engage in sexual activity on the weekends, so they devise an entire identity out of that too.

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, MillionX said:

Oh well here we go....

Tbf, most of this stuff IS normal and has been around forever.

The thing that really changed is that lately everyone feels like they need to slap buzzword-y label up so that they can claim to belong to some outgroup.  All that really does is dilute the efforts of people in actually marginalized groups.

1 hour ago, Reticently said:

Tbf, most of this stuff IS normal and has been around forever.

The thing that really changed is that lately everyone feels like they need to slap buzzword-y label up so that they can claim to belong to some outgroup.  All that really does is dilute the efforts of people in actually marginalized groups.

Agreed. The internet has allowed more eccentric or fringe ideas to come into the mainstream space. Now that we have social media, those items can become trendy. The only reason you here about this stuff is because everyone's idea has an opportunity to be viewed.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/13/entertainment/amber-heard-interview/index.html

CNN  — 

Amber Heard is speaking out in her first interview since her defamation trial with her former husband, Johnny Depp.

The “Aquaman” star talked to NBC News’ Savannah Guthrie and a preview released Monday.

Both Heard and Depp were found liable for defamation in dueling lawsuits against each other. The jury, however, awarded significantly more damages to Depp.

She told Guthrie she understood.

“I don’t blame them. I actually understand,” she said. “He’s a beloved character and people feel they know him. He’s a fantastic actor.”

Heard also said she doesn’t “care what one thinks about me or what judgments you want to make about what happened in the privacy of my own home, in my marriage, behind closed doors.”

“I don’t take it personally,” she said. “But even somebody who is sure I’m deserving of all this hate and vitriol, even if you think that I’m lying, you still couldn’t look me in the eye and tell me that you think on social media there’s been a fair representation. You cannot tell me that you think that this has been fair.”

I'll admit: she has a point. Social media was slanted HARD towards Johnny in this trial.

But it was also slanted hard towards her when she first made the allegations. So I don't really care. You can't get mad because you went on the stand and lied with those laughable lawyers and witnesses. I'm sure Johnny has some dirt on him that didn't come up with this trial, but that's because he didn't get his legal team on make-a-wish.com.

Edited by axeman61

ah, it's a shame that topic I mentioned earlier about people jerkin it to their friends died down finally (they ultimately got about 9k upvotes on it, last I checked)... it was a fun read.  It was also interesting to see the various opinions on that.  I often wonder how many women are genuinely naive about it... vs. the percentage of realistic ones who figure it probably has happened once or even goes on regularly...but they'd rather not think about it since it's probably weird and even "gross" to think of their guy friends in that context in the first place.....which highlights how hopeless the friend zone is, btw... in her mind, the guy friend may as well be tagged as "family"....which is pretty depressing, imo.  But yea---it would be fascinating to see an actual statistical breakdown of how many are truly naive about such things, compared to those who know but are pretending to be oblivious for various reasons.

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, axeman61 said:

“I don’t take it personally,” she said. “But even somebody who is sure I’m deserving of all this hate and vitriol, even if you think that I’m lying, you still couldn’t look me in the eye and tell me that you think on social media there’s been a fair representation. You cannot tell me that you think that this has been fair.”

And you had Mainstream media bias so stfu. Always lying. 

14 minutes ago, J-ride said:

The whole reason no one believed her was entirely because she was on tape talking about how she could just lie and no one was ever going to believe Depp.  Her own words bit her in the ass, which has to be the greatest self own of all time.

"When you pray for the rain, you gotta deal with the mud too". Social media played a huge part in discourse. She earned that "L"

Edited by OPTIMUS124

Not to mention the case was easy as FUCK to win. I mean, I still think there was some trickery going on and perhaps some valid evidence thrown out. I don't know for sure. But point is, if she had any smoking gun evidence to show in court to prove even once Johnny beat her, she would have won, public opinion be damned. That's literally all she needed. Even one of her lawyers said that in closing: if the jury thinks one incident of domestic violence is true, Amber wins. She lost. She can't blame everything on social media when the deck was stacked in her favor.

Edited by axeman61
2 hours ago, axeman61 said:

Heard also said she doesn’t “care what one thinks about me or what judgments you want to make about what happened in the privacy of my own home, in my marriage, behind closed doors.”

Bull fucking shit, she herself mentioned several times while testifying that if you look online you know who's being bullied and abused, her ego is weaker than an eggshell 

287855365_5827857830637626_4223098605245

Yellowstone National Park's Mount Doane has been renamed to honor Native Americans, rather than the U.S. Cavalry officer who massacred them. The mountain will now be known as First Peoples Mountain, the National Park Service announced on June 9.

In 1870, U.S. Cavalry officer Gus Doane led an attack on the Piegan Blackfeet in the Montana Territory, an event which became known as the Marias Massacre. At least 173 Native Americans were killed. According to historians, Doane would brag about his role in the massacre until his death.

The name change comes after Interior Secretary Deb Haaland, the nation's first Indigenous Cabinet secretary, started the process of reviewing and replacing ‘derogatory’ names from federal lands in November 2021.

21 hours ago, Psychoblue said:

There are people vouching against me, yes, but as I said before, they are all people who really should not be given any sort of seat of influence. 

Their main piece of ammo is this commentary clip that went viral last year.  

Damn ive been away so long ive missed decent drama. Link up that commentary bro, i need to see what this is about. You should go all confederate flag on those fuckers vouching against you too. 

Spoiler

spacer.png

13 minutes ago, Crucades said:

Damn ive been away so long ive missed decent drama. Link up that commentary bro, i need to see what this is about. You should go all confederate flag on those fuckers vouching against you too. 

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

So you want him to take a massive L and still not accept it a century and a half later? 👀

38 minutes ago, Crucades said:

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

This was late April of last year.  I should note this was also my own event that came out of my own pocket.  Sucks I had to drag Art into it though as it happened while he was hosting the stream.  

https://clips.twitch.tv/CaringDeafGarageBlargNaut-9CGscgOyHYjN_AIq

What's funny is that player on the left on the stream later said some anti-Semetic crap to me saying I'm not allowed to make Mel Brooks jokes even though not only am I Jewish but I've been to Holland to see the devastation wrought upon my ethnoreligious ilk personally and am planning to return around New Year's this year to have a more complete trip around the country in Holland and see some of the labor camp memorials.  Dude hit me up a month or so back claiming he came in peace, I haven't said anything about it since but I want to wait until I see him in person before having a convo like that so no words are minced.  

Edited by Psychoblue
5 hours ago, axeman61 said:

She can't blame everything on social media when the deck was stacked in her favor.

Here the thing is, despite social media's opinion
Social Media was not evidence in the court room, Social Media's opinion meant less that shit to the court. 

Especially when with every lie Amber spoke, people came out of the wood work with recipes. 
Doctors finding zero evidence she was ever abused, and the court psychologists said she narcissistic and shows the key behaviors of a psychopath.   

Social Media wasn't in the court room, Amber's Lies was there, and everyone and their mom saw right though them. 

2 hours ago, elliephil said:

Very nice. Bear market is growling these past few days, I'm too scared to jump in on anything.

Yeah I actually just sold out of AMC at a hefty loss. But RDBX did so good. It basically covered the loss. So I'm exiting near break even. Unfortunately I can't exit RDBX yet without risking a free ride violation. So hopefully it goes up in the pre market or early open. And I can get out at break even or better

Edited by BB_Hoody
16 hours ago, Psychoblue said:

this is the same event.  Has to be.  I was the guy brought in to stream TMNT at the request of Tobemorecrazy, who is now my teammate on the TMNTxJL team.  As I’m getting ready to air Top 8 that’s when the CRT stuff happened with the converter. 

the monitor that I'm talkin about was an ASUS though.  That was the following day on Saturday.  That holdup with HnK, Sailor Moon S etc was Friday.   Maybe that's why it took so long for TMNT Top 8 to finish because they had Sailor Moon immediately follow on stage with the CRT converter they took from me?  Again, I had mostly forgotten about it until Hagure brought it up.

For context, Xavier Woods was helping out with Windjammers that weekend.  If by some happenstance I said something to you during those delays that came off sideways, I do humbly apologize.  Being tired and hungry for reasons that could have been avoided if everyone else came prepared can be grating, and I guess being it was EVO where i had to go through all these hoops just to run a side tournament when in the 5  years prior I would simply pick a space in the venue and set up shop on my own it only further added to my aggravation because I expected better.  

Yup, I got a picture with Xavier during the Puzzle Fighter bracket that was being done. The CRT I was missing was my Sony Trinitron (that we found afterwards). I didn't have any bad encounters that weekend, so I'm sure it wasn't me. I had all of my CRTs collected by Friday night, since all the tournaments I was helping with finished by then. I have no idea how the top 4 set up was done for SMS, as they were using something else while people were playing other games on the stuff I brought in the BYOC area.

It was just crazy to me because of all the stuff that happened to you was really close to things that happened to me.