Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

Another thing to make people feel so old now---- there's people who are adults now (born 99 or 2000 or so) that have absolutely no experience with what life was like prior to the internet being a common thing for the average person....they are also a generation that has no memory of 9/11, and they of course were born too late for things like the 16-bit era, the first PlayStation, N64 and Dreamcast, PS2, etc.

Also... Paul "Pee-Wee Herman" Reubens will be 70 years old in August of this year.

edit--- another good one from the Secession Studios channel:

Edited by MillionX
4 minutes ago, NinetiesArcades said:

Damn, yesterday was UltrachenTV's  last Tuesday show  stream; 10+ years man..

I was only a very infrequent watcher, but apparently UltraDavid took a job in the industry and wouldn't be able to speak candidly about fighting game companies anymore without it becoming a conflict with his new employer.

8 minutes ago, J-ride said:

I learned a long time ago that killing yourself for a job usually just gets you more work.  I currently just do enough to not get fired and that's about it.

Your boss/manager always act so fucking surprised when you point that shit out to them to.

"How come you don't work as hard as you did when you first started?"

"Oh, because you just gave me more work to do, usually the slackers work, for 0 extra compensation for doing even more work then we initially agreed upon. Why would I continue to bust my ass for you when the only it gets me is even more work and no benefit for it?"

"Uuuuhhh buh  buh..."

"Yea sounds about right."

There's a new position open, I qualify for it since I'm the most experienced on my boat by far but they aren't doing it based on seniority so I've been gettin put through the grinder to see if I'm "worthy."

Ironically, putting me through the grinder kinda makes me NOT want the position cuz then even more responsibilities will fall on me despite the pay increase 

However, I'm gonna get tf worked outta regardless, so I may as well go for the position and be payed more to put up with it. I'm at $219 a day now, $257 a day if I'm selected. It'll help me reach my goal of paying for these certification classes alot faster, so I'll bite🤷🏾‍♂️

Talked to the port captain yesterday, he's over our entire division in this region. He says the mate position is still up for grabs and despite the shit my current captain is putting me through, the other captains I've worked with had spoke extremely highly about me to management.

I'm not a lock yet, I still have more work to do but the port captain believes I'm up to the task, he let me know what all the job entails, it's doable IMO

29 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Talked to the port captain yesterday, he's over our entire division in this region. He says the mate position is still up for grabs and despite the shit my current captain is putting me through, the other captains I've worked with had spoke extremely highly about me to management.

I'm not a lock yet, I still have more work to do but the port captain believes I'm up to the task, he let me know what all the job entails, it's doable IMO

HD-Man's port captain coming through in the clutch.

YellowBigheartedAnemoneshrimp-max-1mb.gi

oh here we go it's time... this should be a good one; I figured AM couldn't resist talking about this TD Jakes-looking girl here.... 

*random shit--- it's nice that the redheaded white women are still allowed on tv commercials at least... just saw a really cute one on a Walgreens commercial.  

Edited by MillionX

Man, one of the chicks that was celebrating Kevin Samuels death HARD on my TL, well her cousin got killed last night, and he seemed like a pretty good guy. I was telling various women not to put that kind of hateful energy in the air, especially cheering for a man's death just because you don't like his opinion, that can come back on you or someone you love

Not saying the two situations are directly related, cuz they aren't, just saying, that's kinda why you shouldn't spread hate like that. Now she's heartbroken and probably doesn't even realize that's probably how Kevin's family felt when they lost him

4 hours ago, Maxx said:

Wtf did anyone else know this? Rod sterling trying to talk about Emmett til led to the twilight zone

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/early-run-censors-led-rod-serling-twilight-zone-180971837/

There is some kind of poetic justice in eventually making the episode take place in New England rather than the South. Like it's somehow more introspective on race relations in America being based somewhere where it couldn't have *possibly* happened compared to Mississippi.