Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

285179145_10158249790376710_393943586378

If you want to travel in Germany this summer, you can buy a #9euroticket. It's part of the country's push to wean off Russian oil, but cheaper public transport also helps the environment.

"Every person who uses public transport contributes to weaning our country off Russian energy and bringing us closer to climate neutrality," Transport Minister Volker Wissing said following a meeting with state-level counterparts earlier this month.

12 minutes ago, J-ride said:

Can you provide an archive of that article?  It's not free to read for everyone.

If it helps, running Firefox with the NoScript extension prevents the page from blocking unsubscribed readers.

The TLDR is

In the 1993 case Herrera v. Collins, Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia made a staggering claim. The Constitution, Scalia wrote, does not prevent the government from executing a person who new evidence indicates might be “actually innocent” — that is, someone with the potential to legally demonstrate they did not commit the crime for which they were convicted. Scalia didn’t just make his point casually. It was the reason he wrote a concurring opinion.

Scalia’s claim was so outlandish that Justice Sandra Day O’Connor felt obliged to specifically rebut him, even though they agreed on the ultimate outcome in the case. Only one other justice joined Scalia’s opinion: Clarence Thomas.

Last week, Scalia’s once-fringe position became law. In Shinn v. Ramirez, the court voted 6 to 3 to overrule two lower courts and disregard the innocence claims of Barry Lee Jones, a prisoner on Arizona’s death row. Importantly, the majority did not rule that it found Jones’s innocence claims unpersuasive. Instead, it ruled that the federal courts are barred from even considering them. Thomas wrote the opinion.

3 minutes ago, MillionX said:

So... Toy Galaxy now talks about that future version of He-Man that wore pants:

It was a bad first impression with me... he wasn't as buff, and it just wasn't as interesting.

It just didn't FEEL like He-man, it felt like some other show they tried to brand as He-man.  If he would have at least had the same look, sword and voice it would have been a better show.

He-man 2002 was fucking FIIIIIIRE though.

Edited by J-ride

yeah, and ^that 2002 He-man situation was the beginning of my bitterness towards Cartoon Network.  It's like someone with power over there had a weird personal thing against that show or the people behind it...because they gave the 2002 He-man a constant screwjob with scheduling.  One Saturday it's on at 8am, then it's off for the next 4 weeks... then it comes back but they might put it on at 11 am... then it is gone for a while...then it comes back at 3pm....and "oh, well look at this, the ratings are down... guess we have to cancel it."  This would be the start of what imo was a noticeable pattern with that shit excuse for a network.  Oh yeah, and this was years before they would take Yu Yu Hakusho off... right before Yuske was about to fight the MAIN bad guy in a story-arc.....and then they bring it back... at 4 fuckin AM central time early Saturday morning.  That shit was unbelievable trolling nonsense...yeah fuck CN.

...but yeah, the 2002 He-man was clearly the best one, and it had so much potential...it's  just a shame what network it happened to be on.

Edited by MillionX

William Arkin, writing for Newsweek, reported three sources within the intelligence community assessed Putin might be stricken with what he called “advanced cancer.”

Arkin spoke to the sources and wrote:

Vladimir Putin’s health is a subject of intense conversation inside the Biden administration after the intelligence community produced its fourth comprehensive assessment at the end of May. The classified U.S. report says Putin seems to have re-emerged after undergoing treatment in April for advanced cancer, three U.S. intelligence leaders who have read the reports tell Newsweek.

Arkin further reported the three intelligent officials confirmed an assessment Putin survived an assassination attempt in March.

One of the sources told Arkin that Putin still wields significant power in the country, but it is “no longer absolute.”

The source said, “The jockeying inside the Kremlin has never been more intense during his rule, everyone sensing that the end is near.”

Paramount+ describes the movie as such: "In perhaps the dumbest space movie ever made, Beavis and Butt-head are sentenced to Space Camp by a 'creative' judge in 1998, leading to a trip on the Space Shuttle, with predictably disastrous results. After going through a black hole, they reemerge in our time, where they look for love, misuse iPhones, and are hunted by the Deep State. Spoiler: They don't score."

5 hours ago, elliephil said:

So, theoretically if Putin passes away from cancer... does the support for the war in Ukraine plummet? I'm sure this war has caused strife internally but the Putin administration are too afraid to speak up either against Putin or the old guard Soviet leaders.

Not sure. @PVL_93_RUcould you give us your insight on this?

On 6/2/2022 at 11:39 AM, zatalcon3 said:

and also adopt the faith practicing that asian countries do. 

you can go fuck right off with that Shit. 
Keep your fairy tales to yourself 

23 hours ago, Reticently said:

Anybody really think that if a lawmaker got shot today, they wouldn't just change the laws to better protect lawmakers?

Wasn't there an attempted shooting when a bunch of Congressmen tried playing softball in DC back in 2016.
They were all Republicans and they did nothing. 

23 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

Wasn't there an attempted shooting when a bunch of Congressmen tried playing softball in DC back in 2016.
They were all Republicans and they did nothing. 

You must have missed the posts, but we were just talking about that after the post you quoted.

22 hours ago, Reticently said:

The Congressional Baseball Shooting- the one after which Republicans complained that Democrats weren't calling for gun control loudly enough in response to.

Edited by Reticently
1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

I did not know about this.  Its also crazy that they were the ones getting shot at and they complained about the other side not complaining that they were getting shot at.  Fuckin wild.

What I am getting is that they are not complaining that they didn't call for gun control, but that when the victims were republicans, the democrats were silent about it since they didn't care for the victims.

That they only call for gun control when is convenient.

Edited by Hecatom
19 hours ago, MillionX said:

So... Toy Galaxy now talks about that future version of He-Man that wore pants:

I remember the 1st time I saw that He-Man.

I was on the town my mother was born for visit, to some relatives.

It was the 1st time I met my cousins, and we found common ground by our love about He-Man.

Since it was deep in the countryside, the only way to get a tv signal was via a big satellite dish they had, so the channels they got there were from other countries like Mexico.

By the time that the show started I was baffled, since that shit wasn't He-Man.

We started arguing about that, almost ending the newfound friendship 🤣

Edited by Hecatom
20 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

What I am getting is that they are not complaining that they didn't call for gun control, but that when the victims were republicans, the democrats were silent about it since they didn't care for the victims.

I get that but the thing I'm saying is that in that instance the voices that SHOULD be loud it should be the people who were being shot at.  But instead of actually saying "we should probably do something about this issue that is now effecting us" they completely pivoted to "You guys been whining about this issue everytime but when it actually ended up effecting us you guys were silent on it"  to which I say yeah they probably could have but you guys have the same voices as the other side.  They rather complain that about them not saying anything and make it about that then make it about the actual issue itself.  And to be real, if Democrats had said anything it probably would have been the same result, they would have just pivoted away to make it about something else.

The new character from Street Fighter 6 is from Hong Kong. Interesting. I wonder how he plays like.

I like practicing my movements while high off of weed while smoking  a hemp cigarette. I heard that Bruce Lee used weed to improve his martial arts. It probably helped him get into flow state which is basically ultra instinct which anybody can do with enough practice at any artform. 

I picked up Ryu in USFIV. I think I can use him okay. 

It looks like there are so many false flags and distractions going on right now in this magic show that is our world. Satan owns this Earthly Realm. Everything you see on mainstream media is likely a lie and a show. 

Even I realized that Trump is a conman. He is probably the Antichrist himself. Who knows? Maybe I am. Just kidding. 

Edited by Seth Vega
1 hour ago, J-ride said:

I would say Heard got it much worse than Depp.  She is right now polling as more hated than Casey Anthony which is absolutely an accomplishment.  No movie company is touching her with a 10 foot pole.  Depp will have a much easier path back to prominence. 

The marketing machine got to the public. Ive been going through a few reporters and lawyer threads and they were pointing out alot of what amber said had validity. But the internet smear campaign was in full swing so alot of that was lost to the internet. And probably got into the jurors minds 

So I watched the two interviews Elaine did on behalf of Amber Heard, and ya know... aside from all the other bullshit, one thing boggles my mind

she keeps pushing for the narrative that the WaPo article wasn't about Depp (even though Amber herself already admitted to it on the stand during her final testimony), as his name was not mentioned anywhere in the text. 

Let's assume that this is indeed true and the op-ed isn't referring to Johnny

Several questions pop up

1) If it's not about Depp, then who is the abuser she's talking about? As far as I know she wasn't in a romantic relationship with anyone else, and merely had affairs with people like James Franco and Elon Musk. Why isn't she making claims directly with the names, despite previously condemning Depp?

2) If she's not talking about any particular person, then what business does she have speaking about sexual abuse? You can't just put yourself into a position of knowing what a survivor went through without experiencing the thing you're talking about yourself. That's like if tomorrow I wrote an essay about how bad it is to have cancer even though I've never been diagnosed with one

3) If the op-ed is not about any who Amber had an abusive relationship with, nor does she have any experience with abuse, why the fuck is she making herself an ambassador of ACLU and hops onto the bandwagon of an issue she cannot relate to or speak about?

It's crazy how as soon as you apply just a TINY LITTLE BIT of critical thinking to claims and words said by AH and her team, their entire arguments fall apart

2 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Except Democrats did call for gun control, so 🤷‍♂️

They did do it more quietly than usual, but it was a weird situation where the people you'd blame for lack of gun control were also the victims.  Hard to be vocal about that without being the one who comes off looking like an asshole.

5 minutes ago, Maxx said:

The marketing machine got to the public. Ive been going through a few reporters and lawyer threads and they were pointing out alot of what amber said had validity. But the internet smear campaign was in full swing so alot of that was lost to the internet. And probably got into the jurors minds 

The marketing machine? Smear campaign? Have you not been paying attention? The marketing machine has and still is behind Amber. The public vitriol Amber is facing is because people see through the nonsense. The case was televised live. They see the terrible things she said or did minimized or not reported at all. That's just surface level stuff. That's not even taking into account the multitude of damning evidence not admitted due to hearsay rules. For example, although she testified other wise. She cut the tip of Johnny's finger off with a vodka bottle and there is audio confirming that fact. The "staircase incident" in which she said Johnny almost knocked her sister down the stairs the opposite happened and it was Amber that nearly knocked her sister down the stairs. There is repeating pattern of Amber accusing Johnny of things that she actually did. People saw that and they saw the press not reporting it. There is far more I could say but I'd rather get back to all the SF6 news.

Just now, Darc_Requiem said:

The marketing machine? Smear campaign? Have you not been paying attention? The marketing machine has and still is behind Amber. The public vitriol Amber is facing is because people see through the nonsense. The case was televised live. They see the terrible things she said or did minimized or not reported at all. That's just surface level stuff. That's not even taking into account the multitude of damning evidence not admitted due to hearsay rules. For example, although she testified other wise. She cut the tip of Johnny's finger off with a vodka bottle and there is audio confirming that fact. The "staircase incident" in which she said Johnny almost knocked her sister down the stairs the opposite happened and it was Amber that nearly knocked her sister down the stairs. There is repeating pattern of Amber accusing Johnny of things that she actually did. People saw that and they saw the press not reporting it. There is far more I could say but I'd rather get back to all the SF6 news.

again ive been reading through a few lawyer and journalist posts breaking down the evidence. i am absolutely not implying shes 100% innocent. 

47 minutes ago, Maxx said:

the only smear that's involved in the depp/heard case is the one left on bedsheets from amber's feces

1 minute ago, Maxx said:

again ive been reading through a few lawyer and journalist posts breaking down the evidence. i am absolutely not implying shes 100% innocent. 

Which journalist and lawyers because I've read the stories on NBC, ABC, CBS, etc. The journalist and lawyers there aren't being truthful. I've watched lawyers cover the case live. All of which said Johnny had no chance in hell of winning beforehand and changed their minds as the case was presented. Hell one of the sequestered himself and only based his decision of the evidence presented. Amber Heard lost an impossible case to lose because of Amber Heard. It's near universal that the worst thing for her was her own testimony. If her team would have actually followed the rules and submitted the original images in her possession, as the judge ordered, she was would have been really screwed. Hell she still may have won the case if her other lawyer Rottenborn presented her case. Her lead attorney, Elaine, was atrocious.

2 minutes ago, PVL_93_RU said:

the only smear that's involved in the depp/heard case is the one left on bedsheets from amber's feces

thats one of the things that apparently doesnt hold up. i gotta find the thread to post it but the way i read it, it doesnt make sense for it to have been her. maybe someone else but not her.

2 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Which journalist and lawyers because I've read the stories on NBC, ABC, CBS, etc. The journalist and lawyers there aren't being truthful. I've watched lawyers cover the case live. All of which said Johnny had no chance in hell of winning beforehand and changed their minds as the case was presented. Hell one of the sequestered himself and only based his decision of the evidence presented. Amber Heard lost an impossible case to lose because of Amber Heard. It's near universal that the worst thing for her was her own testimony. If her team would have actually followed the rules and submitted the original images in her possession, as the judge ordered, she was would have been really screwed. Hell she still may have won the case if her other lawyer Rottenborn presented her case. Her lead attorney, Elaine, was atrocious.

its not anyone that i can tell thats connected to any of those news outlets.

5 hours ago, DarkSakul said:

you can go fuck right off with that Shit. 
Keep your fairy tales to yourself 

No, fuck off with your snowflake shit.  Making sure America stops this mass shooting culture is the priority, not your feelings. Both you and the right need to give something up, it can't just be them. the right needs to stfu about the 2nd amendment and you need to stfu about whatever sensitivity you have towards spiritual related beliefs. 

Edited by zatalcon3
28 minutes ago, zatalcon3 said:

No, fuck off with your snowflake shit.  Making sure America stops this mass shooting culture is the priority, not your feelings. Both you and the right need to give something up, it can't just be them. the right needs to stfu about the 2nd amendment and you need to stfu about whatever sensitivity you have towards spiritual related beliefs. 

You wanna convert all of the US to Islam to prevent gun culture? Good luck with that bro, half of the deep south would probably kill themselves.

Christianity has 10 kinda top tips as well, first one is I shall not kill. Nobody is reading the book am afraid it seems. 

Religion is done I think. Like its 2022 and people hold deep meaning in the sky wizard. If thats your bag cool chase your dreams but I think there are better and more scientific ways to stop people acting like fucking idiots.

Whatever happened to just having good manners? Taking a deep breath, not worrying about it. The big problem in the west is social peer pressure and too much bullshit on TV. Too many fucking idiots like Jake Paul and all that bullshit you used to see on MTV. Absolute talentless scumbags with trucks of money living idealised lives whilst the rest of us has gotta suck a dick and just be depressed as were constantly reminded what we have isnt good enough. Should probably take that off TV and introduce some Swedish chill out vibes in the classroom. I dunno. Jesus doesnt give a shit I know that much.