Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

8 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Understatement of the year. Snatching a burger off someone's plate is shitty. Trying to steal someone's country from them, subjugate them, and labeling them Nazi's when their president is Jewish isn't shitty. It fucking reprehensible. 

If their army stood no chance against Russia, we would not be having this conversation. You seem to be ignoring that Ukraine was stalemating Russia with no outside aid. No one, outside of the Ukrainians, thought they had snowball's chance in a hell of standing up to Russia. The collective military minds of NATO thought helping them would be a waste of time because Russia would roll over them. They didn't. Ukraine showing they turn back an assault from a supposed military power and force a stalemate is why they got aid. Which wasn't very much initially because NATO wanted to see if it was some sort of fluke. It wasn't. The larger more well equipped army got thoroughly embarrassed before Ukraine got the first bullet from NATO. This war has shown that Russia isn't a military power. They have a large army that's leaders are so afraid of Putin they launched an ill conceived war that's done nothing but make what Putin feared come to pass. He strengthened NATO and have gotten countries with no prior interest in joining them to do so. 

Remember the Cuban Missile Crisis? Russia parking a bunch of nukes 90 miles off the US coast? Well Ukraine joining NATO is kind of like that. A country right on Russia's border joining an organization designed to keep Russia in check that should have disbanded after the Cold War but yet still exists for some reason. If there were a similar organization dedicated to keep the US from doing things and they tried to get Mexico to join, I can imagine we'd react a lot like Russia has and then be quick to brand anyone helping that organization as our enemies as well.

I can't speak to how good or not good Ukraine's military is, but any army can win a couple battles and hold out for a week. It's more profitable to arm them and fight a proxy war with a rival energy producing country so it makes sense the US would do that. I have a buddy whose ex lives in Ukraine and I've seen the pictures she's sent him of what's going on and it's bad. I wouldn't call what I've seen winning. 

There's a lot of propaganda surrounding this war though, but ultimately it's the people of both these countries that are caught in the middle here, and it'll take potentially generations to rebuild, all because the US/NATO can't abide their treaties and because the US needs to swing its dick around and make a few bucks in the process.

Anyway I'm out. Thumb me down all you want but nothing you can say will make me believe this war was unavoidable and justified.

9 hours ago, Daemos said:

To a civilization that mastered interstellar travel, we are probably as interesting as terrestrial ants or rocks.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47o93r8y6r5ec140jdq6

I really  wish more people understood this. You can master interstellar travel but for some reason only interested in the most barren parts of Earth. If you really believe that a intelligent species that can move distances that, with our current tech, no human can visit in a lifetime must present themselves in this manner, please spare three minutes and watch this. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124
Your average feminist does not see the value in a woman’s true calling but those who PUSHED the third wave feminism of the bra burners back in the 70s KNEW EXACTLY what they were doing. The intention was to separate children from the influence of their mothers by exerting the dual pressures of economic and social. This also had the effect of bringing more wage earners into the economy so they could pay taxes back in 1971 all right Konomi went through a major change, and our currency was untethered from the gold standard, this was the work of Henry Kissinger and the change was triggered by so-called speculators in the gold market-afinancial false flag. This causes inflation to increase rapidly as our currency lost value, and then interest rates were increased to ostensibly bring down inflation. that never works. Because of our economic situation with our currency, it is almost impossible to have only one wage earner in the family couple that with the social pressures of women being told, they are not a value if they choose to stay home and raise their children. Now look where we are.

from the yt comments section.

what u think about this statement?

Long read but those into stocks might enjoy it.

So I mentioned a couple months back. How I was getting back into investing/trading in the market. Well had some bad REALLY bad days. And while it was an expensive lesson. I did learn and I've improved.

So back during the winter months. I had 10k in my brokerage account. Landed a big multi day runner in TRKA. Was up over 100% made 3k. But I didn't know when to just sell and walk away. Emotions and lack of risk management punished me

It froze at the 99 cent level. Then started crashing from news of a share offering. I sold out for a 2k gain. Only to go full Wallstreet bets degenerate gambler. And dump my whole portfolio in on the dip. Thinking it'd bounce back lol no....

Next day I wake up to see a 30% fall. Went from up 2k to down 3k. At 7k now. From then on I continued to get into high risk trades that I got slaughtered in. Due to a combination. Of lack of risk management, emotions getting the better of me, and not doing proper research and not recognizing red flags in a trade. 

I eventually blew up my account down to $1500. I was stressing feeling like a idiot. Called my brother and talked with him and mentioned it. Kicking myself. He sent me a image he was shown by the small business mentors he has. It showed highly successful men of world renowned businesses. Who didn't achieve this success till late 30s or as old as 60. He also mention this simple view he'd have on trading if he had the money

I don't need to go to the moon. If I sell for 10, 5 or even 1%. I still made money. Stock kept going up, I missed out? I still made money. Oh stock crashed and ya lost money? Oh well I still made money. Shit had me dying. So simple yet so true! 

So I stopped moping. Decided to build my account back up again. Learn as much as I can. And continue to learn. And apply my brother's advice. So currently I now have another 10k in. And I'm up $140 on it.  I'm investing long in JOBY aviation and swing trading. Just taking 1 to 3% gains on a trade once a day. Then I'll get into options and day trading at 25k. I'll keep ya updated

Edited by BB_Hoody
1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

I'm not condemning him without evidence. I've learned my lesson on that one. Too many times stories like this come out, people get cancelled, and then later on things are not what they seem. And there is almost never any sort of apology or restoration of reputation if things like this are proven to be untrue.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
39 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I'm not condemning him without evidence. I've learned my lesson on that one. Too many times stories like this come out, people get cancelled, and then later on things are what they seem. And there is almost never any sort of apology or restoration of reputation if things like this are proven to be untrue.

But but #beliveallwomen 🤣🤣🤣

Real talk wait a few weeks bruvs. 

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I'm not condemning him without evidence. I've learned my lesson on that one. Too many times stories like this come out, people get cancelled, and then later on things are not what they seem. And there is almost never any sort of apology or restoration of reputation if things like this are proven to be untrue.

I'm not condemning him either it's just annoying that both him and Johnathan Majors just started in the MCU and getting really noticed and then they get hit with assault roadblock/speed bump.  It's always going to be innocent until proven guilty but regardless of the way it's supposed to be, there will be those that automatically try to cancel people and won't take the L when they're proven incorrect.  So it's just a frustrating thing.  If it's proven that he did do what he's being accused of then that's whatever but if that's not the case then that's going to suck for him since it'll take awhile for just the stain of accusation to come off of him.

42 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

That was a really interesting video man. Say what you will about their pIzza but props to dude and his wife for running a successful private family business for all these decades and still being together.

I will say what I will about their pizza. That shit is edible cardboard, that they packaged in cardboard. Cardboardception *intense dramatic noise*. But congrats to them on a long successful marriage and happy life together.

25 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

It's 5 dollars...

Right. Ya get what ya pay for. And I'm willing to pay extra for the good shit. But I'll admit lil cease held me down when I was broke

16 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

Little Caesars is better than Hungry Howie's and public school cafeteria pizza. shrugs.

Their basic pepperoni pizza was $6 here before COVID. Unfortunately, its now $7.50.

I'm reminded of Cptn Price's quote from COD4 tutorial. "That's better. But it's not hard to improve on garbage"  And they have the nerve to raise prices on that trash??? Might as well pay extra for better pizza at that point