Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

3 minutes ago, Angel said:

Tragic....then again they might have touched up a lot for the bluray so I shouldn't judge too harshly as it was hard to spot during the initial broadcabroadcast.  That being said how much cgi do you think was used in the first episode alone I wonder 👀

They used CG often on far away shots for characters and of course a good chunk of the backgrounds are CG especially whem the action is moving quickly.  They do a good job mixing it far better then a good number of anime before it.  This is getting off topic but again I'm more so talking about fluidity comparison.  Especially if you want to just compare just when the show uses 2D.

Yep, ufotable has been doing that for years and are the best in the biz imo.   

I think the hard lines and bright color palette with the character designs help a lot.    That being said don't sleep on all these other newer studios especially powerhouse who did an excellent job with their background/designs and key frames.  

I don't really see the point in arguing the writing. You disliked it, lots of people didn't. Personally I think the characters themselves are what truly drive that series, with the story almost being secondary. And that's from someone who rather enjoyed the narrative. 

At that point we're splitting hairs over what really boils down to subjective bullshit, when all I was really tryna say is that I see no reason to believe Netflix wouldn't treat these properties with care. 

My dude really asking for machavelian writing when the source material be like 

giphy.gif.7328848925f8f56306a61cd6f32654fc.gif

Whoever designed the fucking laser areas in Marvel UA 3 needs to get his little shithead ass beat for a few hours.  Fuck the fucking goddamn shit man whatever goddamn.  When you get hit by one you're just gonna be "TAKEN FOR A RIDE!" like the fucking MvC2 select song says allll the way back to the goddamn beginning of the shit again and again. 

*finally... only 1 of my team (Venom) was able to get past it.

Edited by MillionX
2 minutes ago, MillionX said:

Whoever designed the fucking laser areas in Marvel UA 3 needs to get his little shithead ass beat for a few hours.  Fuck the fucking goddamn shit man whatever goddamn.  When you get hit by one you're just gonna be "TAKEN FOR A RIDE!" like the fucking MvC2 select song says allll the way back to the goddamn beginning of the shit again and again. 

*finally... only 1 of my team (Venom) was able to get past it.

Are you playing the Shadow of Doom, Epilogue? That shit is some buuuuuullllll shit. Getting to the celestial is straight up bullet hell. 

yeah....3 out of my 4 got reduced to no health, continually knocked back... of course Hulk has NO hope of passing that.  Only Venom could make it past the lasers.

holy shit this next part is epic... but not seeing how it's even possible though other than pure luck 🤣  Now I'm running head on into lasers that appear WAY too fast for anyone to possibly react....you just have to "guess correctly" I suppose...

*edit--NOPE this isn't even possible 😄 what kind of insane muthafucka would design this?

Edited by MillionX
9 minutes ago, MillionX said:

yeah....3 out of my 4 got reduced to no health, continually knocked back... of course Hulk has NO hope of passing that.  Only Venom could make it past the lasers.

holy shit this next part is epic... but not seeing how it's even possible though other than pure luck 🤣  Now I'm running head on into lasers that appear WAY too fast for anyone to possibly react....you just have to "guess correctly" I suppose...

It wasn’t too bad for me since my team had 3 fliers so it was a bit easier to navigate. 

still some bullshit though. Lol. Who’re you running?

3 minutes ago, MillionX said:

ahhh yes...flying is the key.  I have Thor on my team (with Hulk, Venom and Blade)... avoiding the explosive after effect of the lasers seems more important so I just avoided that specifically while flying....you still get hit but can eventually fly past it.

Your team isn’t surprising in the slightest. Lol. 

I was running Cyclops/Magnus/Storm/Psylocke most the game but then switch it up when I realized how broke Star Lord and Ms. Marvel are 

is this your first run through the DLC or are you doing superior mode?

Edited by iStu X
2 minutes ago, MillionX said:

but that payoff....holy SHIT this final battle!!!  BRUH!

the best thing about God Emperor Doom is that it’s an actual thing in the comics. Though in the comics Doom became God Emperor Doom in an entirely different way. 

36 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Dude what!?!?! Oh come on that's fucking pathetic. First that DLC is rather important lore wise for the whole of Mass Effect. Second that locks out quest lines and choice shit for all 3 fucking games. Corrupted data my ass, back port it off PSN/XBLA. Stop being so fucking lazy EA. 

Do better! Fucks sake. 

Edited by RSG3

haha that shit is pitiful with the ME1 dlc, man... it reeks of good ol' fashioned laziness to me....they figure it's ultimately not worth the time and effort to bother fixing whatever needs to be straightened out there.

This is a great snapshot of what we have now as the gaming industry in general, folks.  A general tone of "eh....whatever they'll probably buy it anyway."  That dude that answers a phone at 12:45pm like "damn, why ya gotta call a nigga so early, mane?"

Trying to get motivated to make videos again so, I put together a combo video for DBFZ. 

And by "combo video" I mean an assortment of TOD's and various crazy moments I've had during matches. 

Check it out if you've got 5 minutes. 🙂

I'll have another similar video up Friday, and a review up by Monday. 

Spoiler: I've been playing ass loads of Hades. 👀

Edited by M A R T I A N
56 minutes ago, M A R T I A N said:

Trying to get motivated to make videos again so, I put together a combo video for DBFZ. 

And by "combo video" I mean an assortment of TOD's and various crazy moments I've had during matches. 

Spoiler: I've been playing ass loads of Hades. 👀

WTF at the dude doing full screen super dash and getting a fist in his gut everytime he did it.  Did you just want to see how many times he was going to do it out of curiosity?  Surprised you didn't just make him explode.

Edited by Sonichuman
13 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

WTF at the dude doing full screen super dash and getting a fist in his gut everytime he did it.  Did you just want to see how many times he was going to do it out of curiosity?  Surprised you didn't just make him explode.

Yeah man. I run into players like that all the time. There are dudes in the high ranks on PSN that would do stuff like that constantly. Goes to show how often people probably let them get away with it, lol. 

Also, I forgot to mention this but, I'm pretty sure that player who did the Kid Buu TOD on me was dekillsage. He's been messing with that team 

Edited by M A R T I A N
4 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Dude what!?!?! Oh come on that's fucking pathetic. First that DLC is rather important lore wise for the whole of Mass Effect. Second that locks out quest lines and choice shit for app 3 fucking games. Corrupted data my ads, back port it off PSN/XBLA. Stop being so fucking lazy EA. 

Do better! Fucks sake. 

The Verge article

They say six months if most of the team was focused on it. While that sounds reasonable to make sure the game lives up to the title... We are dealing with the Electronic Arts company.

2 hours ago, M A R T I A N said:

That's some cool ass combos, but why take away the energy bars/combo counter? It would have been more entertaining to see all the chaos and energy going down.

Now I am reminded why I never wanted to challenge you in this game.... 😅

20 minutes ago, Lantis said:

That's some cool ass combos, but why take away the energy bars/combo counter? It would have been more entertaining to see all the chaos and energy going down.

Now I am reminded why I never wanted to challenge you in this game.... 😅

Haha, yeah, sometimes I just feel like removing the gauges makes it look a little more cinematic. If it's a TOD I often remove the HUD because there's not much useful information it provides at that point, outside of how much bar it takes to start. 

Might not hurt to put some of that info in the description though, either way... 🤔

Thanks for watching man. 

6 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Iko Uwais is who I was thinking of.  I had to look up the movie again and I was thinking of a different movie that had Iko on it on Netflix...was a weird alien movie.

I think I liked the movie you mentioned.

Yeah they were both in the raid and the night comes for us.   Another bad ass flick is spl 2  aka  Kill Zone 2 and Paradox

Once more with the double dipping.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CK07e-Olq59/

Arcade Archives HALLEY'S COMET is no joke. Killing as many enemies as you can is key to keeping Earth's % meter as low as possible. What, you thinking of just dodging enemies and letting them fly past you? Nah, son. For every enemy you don't kill, that fills up the Earth's % meter and even if you are powered up, have multiple lives if Earth is at 100%, it is game over. You also have to shoot down pieces of Halley's Comet because those also build up %. Getting familiar with enemy flight patterns will help a lot with this game.