Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

3 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

I can't say the its one of the best osts in the franchise.  Most only recognize that track and the reason people dread going into the options menu

Edit:  the comments for what people think this song represents or sounds like is quite entertaining.

The very first comment:

"This is what a kidney stone would sound like" 

Ooh-Im-dead-GIF.gif.7a394456803e7082e1984e672a79d0c5.gif

3 hours ago, Camacho said:

The soundtrack to CV Judgement is almost enough to get me to try the game, but then I see the art style, gameplay, and general opinions then quickly back away.

CV judgment isn't bad.  Had fun with it but does obviously have jank.  Wish it would have atleast gotten a sequel that could have elevated it to something truly good.  The OST is def the best thing to come out of the game imo.  Designs are def YMMV.  The antagonist is clearly alt Light Yagami with time powers. 

12 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

After more of the current voice actors for Sonic seems to have been dropped, Mike Pollock, voice of Eggman, has this to say.

Mike has some how survived 2 clenses.  He's been doing amazing job but I wonder how long is luck is going to run.

Edit:

This guy....Curious as to what he's been doing to keep his job vs everyone else aside from just being awesome.

Edited by Sonichuman
19 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

This guy....Curious as to what he's been doing to keep his job vs everyone else aside from just being awesome.

He has stated before that when the cast was changed for Sonic Free Riders, he had to re-audition for his role as the doctor. May have something to do with that along with some other stuff we may not see.

7 minutes ago, M A R T I A N said:

This game gonna be crazy at launch. 🤣

Sol’s command grab is crazy now, but I can’t think of a reason to do a highly punishable move when you are that much damage and he can do it again.

Can’t wait for the open beta to be out.

Werewolf-- it's funny that you have the option of going beast mode in the middle of certain conversations...there's an achievement for that too, actually.  I'm enjoying the hell out of this game... the combat often reminds me of Prototype, and that was one of my favorite games of the 360/ps3 era.

the chumps that work for that company in the game---"Endron"... no way they're paid enough to deal with the vicious hellbeast that is Cahal.  If it were me, first time I see that dude transform, I am OUT of there.  On his hind legs this dude is looking like 8-ft of pure bestial rage and terror. The rest of the fools stay trying to fight but nah bruh I'm out...

Running Man Reaction GIF by moodman

edit--oddly enough, it's the werewolves that seem to be the most dangerous threats in the "World of Darkness"...if we're just talking about on average, y'know... there's good reason why the vampires take them very seriously.  Just dealing with one of them in a fight can be quite the problem.

Edited by MillionX
21 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Hey, if that's what he wants man. If's not going to use the 4K Blu-Ray or play any physical PS4 games he just saved himself $100 by passing on features he wouldn't use.

Forreal. I'm still gonna collect physical PS5 media but I really didn't care which edition I got at this point. I travel with my consoles way too often to carry around a big case of discs so I usually get digital content anyway. 

Discs have pretty much just been paperweight novelties to me for awhile now. I can't be pulling up to the local with 2 dozen discs, physically switching between all those games constantly. 🤣

sheeeeittt, I'm still living it up like 1998 with a dashboard cd-player in my car.  Usually the Witcher 3 soundtrack is what I have loaded in there... and yep I still have one of those cd binders to travel with on occasion.  

For a while I was using my phone and the aux cable to listen to mp3s, but every damn time that cable would eventually wear out or something and the sound would be fucked up, so I went back to using the CDs again.  Music is another thing where I cannot stand the idea of relying on an internet/stream connection to be able to enjoy my favorite jams.

I've given up on the new-gen systems for now... I prefer when it's convenient to just walk into a store and buy something.  It should never be a "hassle" to acquire this shit, imo.  There's too much hassle with other things in life  already.

maybe i should try that new werewolf game i've always thought werewolves were cool since i played killer instinct on snes when i was little. coincidently because killer instinct was my first exposure to werewolves i always expect them to cartwheel people to death instead of tearing them apart. id totally cartwheel somebody to death if i was capable!

20 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

CV judgment isn't bad.  Had fun with it but does obviously have jank.  Wish it would have atleast gotten a sequel that could have elevated it to something truly good.  The OST is def the best thing to come out of the game imo.  Designs are def YMMV.  The antagonist is clearly alt Light Yagami with time powers. 

I actually have been playing it this week and barring the wack designs on most of the characters, it's actually a pretty fun game. Definitely doesn't deserve some of the hate it gets 

4 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Good for Martian being able to get one. I'm helping my cousin find one and the struggle is real. Most sites don't even have product pages for the PS5 anymore. Most Gamestops around me have closed and I don't know if Best Buy are carrying any in store. 

Honestly my insomnia is why I have a PS5. It actually comes in handy for  me sometimes. I couldn't sleep and just happen to catch site of Jake Randall's YouTube channel. Dude already had a PS5 but he was trying to help other people them. He heard about Best Buy release units on line but they didn't give a time. I was literally about to try finally get to bed but the PS5's hit Best Buy's site at 5:15am. So me and whole of people got PS5s due that dude. Best Buy's site had multiple steps to before you could buy to foil bots and that night at least, it seemed to work. Earlier that night some people snapped some PS5's from Kohl's but those jackasses at Kohl's sold more units that they were getting in. So people went sleep that night thinking they had PS5, woke up to a cancellation email, and found out the Best Buy dropped a bunch of units online like 3 hours after they crashed. I felt bad and still feel bad for people.

Edit: Here link to channel that helped me secure the back in November. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1Xazfuqh3oY1K_8C3J7fQ

Edited by Darc_Requiem
7 hours ago, M A R T I A N said:

Damn which edition do you have? 

:coffee:

don't really care about the digital edition I wouldn't even buy it at a discount if available.

6 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

What's the problem?

6 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Hey, if that's what he wants man. If's not going to use the 4K Blu-Ray or play any physical PS4 games he just saved himself $100 by passing on features he wouldn't use.

to each his own I guess but i myself see no value on the digital edition as of now. I don't like to pay for digital games full price so if i had to do that I often wait until the price goes down just like i do with steam sales + you're missing all the features DR pointed out above.