Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

2 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Its basically this. When I first saw the chick with the sword, I wasn't sure what the deal was. Then it turns out its Arya and...that shit makes no sense as to why she is there. This is kind of having the same problem as the nick game. They are really trying to get a piece of the Smash market without understand one big important part of why Smash work: Nintendo is basically a cult so all Nintendonites are going to buy Nintendo stuff always while praying to their characters so they get a new game. It also works in smash because you already played these characters and get to play with them again in a different light. You don't interact with TV shows that way.

Instead of really trying to do some new stuff, people are going around pitching at any company with a bunch of IPs that they can just do a smash game and totally get in with the competitive smash crowd (who is notorious for not playing other shit).

At this point they might as well go:

They...really, really, really, really wanna get to the kids through their parents. But kids have their own swag. I'd much rather have a Disney game featuring all the princesses fighting each other (even though that would make zero sense) than a lot of this new boomer stuff.

Youre too late. They already made Def Jam Fight for NY. 

Also Merida would own cause she's Pixar DLC

43 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

I have not checked SFV tournament play or the game in general in a while, so I don't really know how obnoxious Luke is

The funny thing is for all the Luke talk, he isn't dominating. Of the three events, Luke has won of one of them. The other two were won by Dhalsim and Falke.

48 minutes ago, Reticently said:

Don't take me TOO seriously on that.  It's just that it feels like "Hey, let's take an assassin that steals victims' faces and the girlfriend of the clown who murdered Jason Todd, and see if they can beat up a robot written to help kids get over a parent's suicide and... let's say Bugs Bunny."

sounds like you're taking it too seriously then. I'm watching the trailer and see a fun crossover. It's not like Multiversus is trying to overwrite some canonical material.

Or do you consider Smash also offensive since it has Kirby and Solid Snake potentially beating Sephiroth and Kazuya?

19 minutes ago, PVL_93_RU said:

sounds like you're taking it too seriously then.

I really don't.  I get what it is.

21 minutes ago, PVL_93_RU said:

Or do you consider Smash also offensive since it has Kirby and Solid Snake potentially beating Sephiroth and Kazuya?

I never said MultiVersus was offensive, but I also wouldn't take Smash having done something as much of an argument for it either.

And for whatever it's with, at least Smash started with a core of somewhat similar properties and added guests to the roster after it established an identity.  This thing seems like it's one good lawsuit against Michael Williams' estate from having Omar from The Wire show up to steal Shaggy's drugs.  

6 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

I hope the roster for SF6 has less reliance on SF2 characters. I think it's safe for Sim, Gief, Cammy and the shadowloo guys to skip a game

It's never going to happen but it would be nice. I'm tired of 13 slots being locked up on SF2 characters. I wouldn't mind Dee Jay, T.Hawk, and Fei Long coming back since they weren't in SFV.

Seeing how if T.Hawk were to comeback, he will get a rework, what changes on his toolkit would you like to see?

I personally would like to see his grabs to give you more meaningful options between each version.

This is one of those things that i have always felt that the grapplers on SF have been crap, their grabs between each strength version don't give the player options that really matter.

6 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Real talk:

Steven Universe fanbase is the worst. He deserves to get stomped out.

As someone who likes Steven universe, or at least the iedea of what could have been, I agree.

But is not surprising, since most of the fanbase consist on the bulk of twatter and tumblr idiots.

Even the creators of the show hate them lol

6 minutes ago, Reticently said:

It's technically a spoiler, though if you haven't watched it by now you might not care:

Hide contents

Arya Stark in Game of Thrones 

GOT Spoilers

Spoiler

Arya spending like 3 seasons listing all the people she’s gonna kill, only to get like maybe 25% of the actual kills on the list is one of my biggest grievances on that show. 

On 5/10/2022 at 10:06 AM, AriesWarlock said:

Speaking of missing people, haven't seen @DoctaMario in a while 🤔

Eh, I've been feeling like my time at the SRK-related party might be over with, but I'll probably be back here and there. Been a lot of stuff happening lately and so I've been trying to spend less time online.

Got a new guitar and have been writing a lot of music in a different vein than what I usually do so that's been taking up a bit of time, and my son was diagnosed with autism recently so we've been taking steps for that too. He's gonna be fine though, he's already ahead of a lot of kids his age physically even if he's behind in some ways developmentally.

Been playing a lot of shumps lately too which has been fun and got #8 on Speedrun.com for speedrunning arcade mode in that Footsies games, which sounds dumb but I'm kinda proud of it lol.

On 5/10/2022 at 3:25 PM, KawaiiBandy said:

Hm. I've wanted to see how I've measured up with him for the first time in Samurai Shodown. I've had nice experimental matches with him in The Ultra Street Fighter 2 version last year. He was on my list for gaming. He seemed briefly cool.

I'm always cool! if you want to hit me up on Discord, I'm in that USF4 server as well as the Megashock one. I haven't really been playing much SamSho lately, but I'd be down for some games sometimes. Hit me up.

Hope everyone's been good!

1 hour ago, Hecatom said:

This nigga low key telling us who is the disney waifu he faps to 😂👌

Wtf?

Sleeping Beauty is just a god tier movie with god tier music. I don't know if she's my favorite princess per say but that's definitely a movie I'll watch from start to finish every time its on. The animation on it is fantastic.

3 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Eh, I've been feeling like my time at the SRK-related party might be over with, but I'll probably be back here and there. Been a lot of stuff happening lately and so I've been trying to spend less time online.

Got a new guitar and have been writing a lot of music in a different vein than what I usually do so that's been taking up a bit of time, and my son was diagnosed with autism recently so we've been taking steps for that too. He's gonna be fine though, he's already ahead of a lot of kids his age physically even if he's behind in some ways developmentally.

Been playing a lot of shumps lately too which has been fun and got #8 on Speedrun.com for speedrunning arcade mode in that Footsies games, which sounds dumb but I'm kinda proud of it lol.

good to know you are doing well. My best wishes for your son.

I say let Bison skip main roster and let it be a 1st wave dlc char. 

Just so they can pretend to push the narrative forward for the normies and casuals. 

I know, who cares about story, but the thing is, that otherwise they risk looking stagnant. 

I think that is the reason why they gave Ryu a "newer" look. 

Jokes aside, I wouldn't be mad if Cammy were to be on a similar scenario. 

Tangent. 

I feel that SF6 will double down on character redesigns both in gameplay and looks. 

On 5/16/2022 at 11:20 PM, Hawkingbird said:

I hope the roster for SF6 has less reliance on SF2 characters. I think it's safe for Sim, Gief, Cammy and the shadowloo guys to skip a game

Ain't gonna happen.
Not just has that already failed once, reminder thats one of the reasons why SF3 bombed and burried the brand for a decade, but there are a lot of recognized and popular characters in there.

I mean the only argument I could see would be Dhalsim sitting out and Menat taking the spot, but then again they play completly different, wouldn't make the Sims happy.

Lastly Capcoms FG division relies a lot on Nostalgia Bias, they will not stop throwing SF2 characters into every game, even if it would kill them.