Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

15 minutes ago, elliephil said:

Never thought we would be at a point debating online vs offline for competition, but looks like that they are trying to fix that. Does Unreal Engine 4 performance have anything to do with SFV netcode?

They're talking about the inherent input delay that UE4 games have on PS5.  It has nothing to do with online at all.

SFV has poor online because Capcom doesn't have very good rollback settings.

2 minutes ago, misterBee said:

They're talking about the inherent input delay that UE4 games have on PS5.  It has nothing to do with online at all.

I was referencing the debate SFV players (and some Strive players) are having about playing tournaments online vs offline because PlayStation has offline input delay.

16 minutes ago, elliephil said:

I was referencing the debate SFV players (and some Strive players) are having about playing tournaments online vs offline because PlayStation has offline input delay.

I'm not up to date on this debate but it's a stupid one to have anyway.

PS5 players will have the same input delay no matter what.  If they play online they'll just have their normal bad input delay + whatever additional issues online brings.

Debate should probably be whether or not tournaments should stick to the PS4 version or not, since games like Strive have less delay when running the PS4 version on a PS5.

1 hour ago, elliephil said:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/for-two-major-fighting-games-releases-in-a-row-the-ps5-versions-have-had-notably-more-input-latency-then-any-version.553810/page-3#post-86329868

Never thought we would be at a point debating online vs offline for competition, but looks like that they are trying to fix that. Does Unreal Engine 4 performance have anything to do with SFV netcode?

Strive and KOFXV are on UE4. So no.

On 5/9/2022 at 4:45 PM, Dragonfave723 said:

"Friends of mine in the U.S., who are very close friends with the Lee family, have basically said that any kind of resemblance to Mr. Bruce Lee is now omitted for comedic effect," stated Lindholm. "It needs to be honorable."

"That's why we won't see Fei Long again. Ever," continued Lindholm. "It's a cool character type, but then you have Yun and these other guys from Street Fighter 3 to fill that void."

Well, this is disappointing to hear. 

A few things:

1) I would wait until a developer or producer says this. A giant Shantae controversy that has been going on for years was made up by some intern and only squashed recently by the actual creator. I’m unsure just how much Lindholm is on the know with Capcom stuff, but I’ll just wait until a dev state this.

2) I’m surprised Fei Long is even considered comedic when he’s not only serious, but also the most accurate portrayal of Bruce. Other Bruce Lee copies are just some guys who fight like him, Fei is the only one that’s an actual respected actor. Though I guess the comedy and dishonorable comes from Bruce/Fei getting hit by embarrassing attacks (like Hakan’s ultras) and possibly him being able to lose in general (in that case, say goodbye to every Bruce Lee copy).

3) Seeing that the Lee estate is using Bruce’s image for NFTs and an assload of merchandise (including a photoshopped shirt of Bruce Lee DJing), I doubt it’s for respect and more like trying to control his image the way they see fit. Though I guess they have the right too

While I don’t care for Fei, it would suck if he’s never in another Street Fighter again. I just hope if this is true, it won’t affect any of the other Bruce Lee copies in fighting games.

Edited by BornWinner

Okay, so more stuff on Fei Long recently came out. Long story short, a journalist took what Daniel Lindholm said on a stream out of context.

Short story long, Lindholm was doing a QnA stream with one of the questions being “Who would you like to make a theme for?” Fei Long was his answer. He then recounted a story about how a close friend of the Lees (not the estate nor Capcom themselves) said Fei Long would be difficult to add because of his resemblance to Bruce. Not some hard confirm, just some guys throwing hypotheticals. Then a journalist decided to make an article of it. Writing it as a fact and didn’t bother follow up with Lindholm despite the fact he’s just a composer and not a voice of Capcom.

Lindholm has since deleted the original stream the article was based on and posted a new one explaining the Fei Long scare.

Lesson of the day: Journalists deserve nothing but pain.

4 hours ago, elliephil said:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/for-two-major-fighting-games-releases-in-a-row-the-ps5-versions-have-had-notably-more-input-latency-then-any-version.553810/page-3#post-86329868

The day that online becomes the norm, the fgc will be dead forever.

The identity is on its grassroots nature, where everyone can enter the events and participate, and if they have the skill get a name for themselves, like when Señor Taxi eliminated Philipino Champ, for example, + the hype of the people reacting live on the venue.

As for UE4 affecting SFV, dunno, other fgs use ue4 as well and don't have issues.

The thing that it is mentioned above it has more to do with some performance issues that come due optimization problems with UE4 on ps5 for example.

Something that btw, other companies have fixed by themselves, but it is good that UE4 is working on fixing said issue

Reminds me of how UE4 used to have natively like 6 or 8 frames of input lag, which caused games like Tekken 7 and SFV to have said issue because of it, but ASW for example by working their own modules managed to not have said issue and have their games with input lag around 4

4 hours ago, elliephil said:

The fools saying that

A)  Usually don't know what they are talking about, and understand little about input delay

B) Believe on any myths they hear.

For starters, every game has input delay.

Niggas see the numbers and jump into conclusions without knowing what it means.

Like, they see 4f of input lag, and assume that it is bad, because they think that games can have 0 input lag which is not how it works.

Like just trying to see the logic on the argument for example, playing the game online will always be worse than playing it offline, even if it was true that X game has 1f more for example offline on ps4.

Take for example SFV, the game has like 6f of input lag now, and on pc if you twinkle with your options you have like 5.

Playing online will always introduce extra performance issues that for 1f less of il is not worth it, plus the game has an input lag cycle where it increases in intervals, in both versions, so is not like you are solving shit. Lol.

Most games have similar if not equal input delay between consoles and pc.

This whole hurr durr playstation has more input delay started during the ps3 era where capcom games usually were ported kind of badly between consoles.

And people then started to throw it as a fact for all games, when in reality it was mostly capcom games having the issue.

With games like BB and P4 series having the same input delay as the arcade versions, and Xrd even having less input delay than the arcade.

With the games having the same performance on the 360 and the Ps3 when there were ports on both consoles.

The same for Tekken, Doa, etc.

In fact, the Ps3 version of SF4 was technically closer to the arcade version than the 360, but due how both versions were implemented, the 360 ran like 1 frame faster on the 360 with the ps3 version running 1 frame slower, lol.

Another interesting thing is that since SFxT was made first for the PS3 and the 360 version was the port, it ran better on PS3 than the 360.

Now on another related subject, you usually hear PC niggas prefering the PC ports because they can turn off the vsync and gain 1 frame less, so if the game has 5f, it becomes 4f.

This is not a engine issue, or hardware issue, but rather a option thing that consoles by default have the vsynch on all the time, and you can't really have the option to turn it off

Edited by Hecatom
On 5/9/2022 at 11:45 PM, Dragonfave723 said:

"Friends of mine in the U.S., who are very close friends with the Lee family, have basically said that any kind of resemblance to Mr. Bruce Lee is now omitted for comedic effect," stated Lindholm. "It needs to be honorable."

"That's why we won't see Fei Long again. Ever," continued Lindholm. "It's a cool character type, but then you have Yun and these other guys from Street Fighter 3 to fill that void."

Well, this is disappointing to hear. 

That sounds like bullshit, if they want make it about respect

Not only Fei Long is probably the most respectful version of Bruce Lee in fight game world, and even ingame other characters show respect for him

Plus Lee himself would have probably liked his presence in SF as arcade mode to some extent is a replica of something Bruce himself invented with Game of Death, where the protagonist have to face level after level each time a new martial artist/style till the final boss

game of death fight scenes Online Sale, UP TO 69% OFF

I also liked how they was building the friendship/collaboration with Abel to go investigate together, was nice way to put Fei Long in a role pretty similar to one Bruce wrote for himself in Enter the dragon, with Abel plalying Saxon role

john saxon enter the dragon cheap onlineAC Gallery: Enter the Dragon - The American Society of Cinematographers

Give them that story arc together could have been cool way to give both bit more of spotlight

6 hours ago, BornWinner said:

2) I’m surprised Fei Long is even considered comedic when he’s not only serious, but also the most accurate portrayal of Bruce. Other Bruce Lee copies are just some guys who fight like him, Fei is the only one that’s an actual respected actor. Though I guess the comedy and dishonorable comes from Bruce/Fei getting hit by embarrassing attacks (like Hakan’s ultras) and possibly him being able to lose in general (in that case, say goodbye to every Bruce Lee copy).

To be fair Marshal and Forrest Law, prior to Tekken 5, were also not comedic. After Tekken 5 they became, but 90% of the cast is just comedic reliefs since Tekken 5.

Is not really anything new, just more easily visible.

There is a reason why is always strongly recommended to avoid answering questions regarding people/companies you have/had working relationships.

Since anything you said can be easily misinterpreted/misquoted/misconstrued.

For most people even if you like it or not, you can be seen as a spoke-man.

And we can't trust that the people in the media to do their work properly.

Eh, whatever

His music was nice, but if this will send Capcom the message that people (or at least Cestus) will be sad at no Fei Long in SF6, he died for a good cause 👌

Maybe next time be careful talking about products you work for, specially knowing work for videogames + social media of any kind is a combo that make shit to hit the fan quickly

1 hour ago, Volta said:

I have nothing against the Bruce Lee archetypes in fighting games, I just wish it wouldn't always trigger the moronic "Could Bruce Lee beat *insert name of current UFC heavyweight champion*?" discussion.

I like Bruce Lee and i totally want Fei Long in SF6

There's no much discussion, only a big psychological gap between normal people that know what they talk about and weirdos that play with nunchuks in front of a mirror imagining to beat up bullies (or Brad Pitt) lol

Keep pray for Fei Long and next time that discussion happen next to you, laugh at them and keep walk 🤣

35 minutes ago, Volt said:

inb4 this is an elaborate trick to get Fei in SF6. Music man is probably a Fei main to begin with.

fa203cab85ba2ef407391be5bc5de9d2.jpg

Music man may be God in disguise to save SF6 cast from Capcom's bullshit, knowing well their limits since he created Capcom people too

Capcom:  "these 4 go to shotos + 2 for evil shotos, 3 for internet poll, 1 for the udon comic burly woman (seen on eventhubs west likes her), 3 more blond Bison clones, sixth gender new version Seth... aaaand..."

Music Man: "Capcom will never have the balls to put Fei Long in SF6 because hate fans and they're shitscared to face Lee family who are a bunch of Pittphobic pussies that hate fans too"

Capcom & Lee family: "THAT'S NOT TRUE, KILL THAT BIG MOUTH FUCKER, WE WILL PUT FEI LONG IN SF6 TO SHOW HOW WRONG HE IS!"

God when He sacrifices Himself to Himself to save mankind from Himself - )

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

Funny enough, the streamer I'm astounded by goes by Neko. A whole grown ass man calling himself Neko.

Westeners who say baka unironically make me cringe in real life. Get some damn sense and a dictionary. English has plenty of great words to get covered.

I have the same reaction when spanish speakers do that. 

We have trillion ways to roast a motherfucker, and those squiggas decide to put a target on their back for said roasting, lol. 

Edited by Hecatom

Double post, fuck it, that one guy who works for the company looks like a Great Value clockw0rk:

image.thumb.png.636e09c872e76af1bbea12f540fe3cad.png

Also this smasher talking about how he has played fighting games professionally since 2009. If he doesn't shut the fuck up.

😂

Edit: I turned that shit off already. If I gotta see this bullshit as main Evo game might as well throw the whole scene in the trash.

😂 😂 😂

Made a whole game out of the shitty smash 2v2 format.

😂 😂 😂 😂

Hey you heard that Wombo Combo meme? What if we made a whole ass game based on it? Super Wombo Meme Brothers!

😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

And then Shaggy is totally like that one meme about him being a super Saiyan because its kawai'i desu ne pet my neko.

I'm playing a lot of F1 these days. It's really fun to practice execution and mind games stuff with intelligent people, which I never got with fighting games!

Jokes aside, it is incredibly fun. I'm still getting used to my new racing wheel, but on the two maps I play, I'm under a second and a half away from world record on my first week on this thing... I will continue to do my best.

Right now I'm learning Canada. This circuit has so little grip! It's tough unless you have a car with more drag, so I'm learning to balance all the fuckery.

Edited by Dayaan