Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

23 minutes ago, Wellman said:

Honestly there are theories going about that it isn't and she is using some new power.  With Bayonetta games much like No More Heroes they get crazy with the story and justification for her powers.

The prevailing fan theory currently is that its not even our Bayonetta, but one from a different timeline or dimension, perhaps might even be the kids from Bayonetta 1. When she summoned Ghommorah she didnt lose her clothes like in the older games but glowed red something she has never done before.

Just a fan theory at the moment tho. Kind of a cool idea. I wouldn't hate it.

20 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Fun fact for those have never played the game:  Sonic 3D Blast is funny since that was the first time they were trying to figure out 3D and they found out the solution to attacking in 3d space in the game...but they locked the homing attack behind a shield power up.  Game would have been roughly .5 -1 higher in fun factor across the board.

Man 3D Blast was a crazy game but i played the hell out of 1-3 and then did the tower of power with 2/3 with S&K. Might need to bust it out again and give it another go.

@RSG3I fucken did it bruv! Got my Crimson Clover Novice, and also my very first, 1cc last night. I'll upload the replay over the weekend when I have 30 or so minutes to record it. I made so many fucking mistakes so according to law of course it would be the clear but I'm still extremely happy I got it. Def gonna see if I can get a cleaner run or even a No Miss before moving on to Arcade Original.

2 minutes ago, Abbachio said:

@RSG3I fucken did it bruv! Got my Crimson Clover Novice, and also my very first, 1cc last night. I'll upload the replay over the weekend when I have 30 or so minutes to record it. I made so many fucking mistakes so according to law of course it would be the clear but I'm still extremely happy I got it. Def gonna see if I can get a cleaner run or even a No Miss before moving on to Arcade Original.

Right on bro. Congratulations. Its funny you mention fucking up being the run that clears because 3 nights ago i did a run of Novice and got the clear but also made some silly mistakes, so last night i I thought I would give it another go and try to get a more solid run and man I was killing it. On track for  new high score and everything and then I botched the whole fucking thing to EX Boss 1. I died like 4 times in 30 seconds. Was just like...man fucking really?

That had me fuckin salty lol.

14 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

The prevailing fan theory currently is that its not even our Bayonetta, but one from a different timeline or dimension, perhaps might even be the kids from Bayonetta 1. When she summoned Ghommorah she didnt lose her clothes like in the older games but glowed red something she has never done before.

I think that the explanation is something more simple tbh, that now she is at the peak of her power, so she no longer loses hair for those attacks, since it doesn't consume so much power from her than before.

But then again, the teaser was Bayo from 2 losing and being disintegrated, so who knows, lol.

13 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

I think that the explanation is something more simple tbh, that now she is at the peak of her power, so she no longer loses hair for those attacks, since it doesn't consume so much power from her than before.

But then again, the teaser was Bayo from 2 losing and being disintegrated, so who knows, lol.

Yea I'm taking the whole thing with a grain of salt. Its just a fun idea to think about for me right now. Its probably something simpler, tho this series certainly likes to give overly complicated explanations for things at times so...who knows really lol.

And shes actually in her Bayo 1 look in that teaser trailer but I think that had more to do with the iconic-ness of that that look then anything else. Thats her default look kind of deal you know?

Edited by RSG3
8 minutes ago, ssjgoku45 said:

early PS4 gen was rough for games without backwards compat.

I'd argue it's still rough. Apparently the PS3 consoles are still affected by the CMOS battery issue which means when Sony shuts down the PSN servers for it and the battery dies - people won't be able to play *any* games there period, neither physical nor digital.

And there are HUNDREDS of games that still did not, and never will, receive a remaster. Even among sony's own first party lineup like Warhawk, Motorstorm 1-3, inFamous 1-2, Killzone 2-3, Folklore, and more

I get that they're placing the bets on PS Now, but the thing is - at the end of the day you're still just streaming, you're reliant on a fast and stable internet connection, the licenses for the library will eventually start to run out (like how some games have already disappeared from GeForce Now and iirc GamePass), and it's basically PS3-hardware servers running the whole thing so you're not getting any enhanced experiences playing those titles, and boy PS3 is notorious for dealing with engines like UE3 poorly

It's a shame that Sony being overly ambitious with the CPU inside that big black box ended up fucking them over longterm so now we'll probably never see an official PS3 emulator running on PS5 or PS6 or any future Sony platforms.

55 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I’ve seen that flying around. That the woman in the trailer is actually a grown-up Cereza and not the same Bayonetta we had in the first two games. Which is why she dances cuter, which is why she has a new voice actress, which is why she has the same hairstyle she had as a kid, it’s not Bayonetta. Who, as Hecatom pointed out, was possibly killed off for real in that teaser years ago.

It’s a neat theory that I wouldn’t mind seeing come true. Though I wouldn’t be shocked or mind if all of this was a coincidence as well and all of the changes were just that.

What I find the most interesting is that whoever is that at the end of the trailer has what looks like Cereza’s doll on the end of their sword.

Spoiler

image0.webp

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

4 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

I’ve seen that flying around. That the woman in the trailer is actually a grown-up Cereza and not the same Bayonetta we had in the first two games. Which is why she dances cuter, which is why she has a new voice actress, which is why she has the same hairstyle she had as a kid, it’s not Bayonetta. Who, as Hecatom pointed out, was possibly killed off for real in that teaser years ago.

It’s a neat theory that I wouldn’t mind seeing come true. Though I wouldn’t be shocked or mind if all of this was a coincidence as well and all of the changes were just that.

What I find the most interesting is that whoever is that at the end of the trailer has what looks like Cereza’s doll on the end of their sword.

Hide contents

image0.webp

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

Plot Twist, You are using Bayonetta's daughter who is fighting her brother, lol

BTW, my problem with the theory about Bayo from 3 being cereza grown up, is that it doesnt make sense due on Bayo1 when Cereza returns to her time, Bayo gains a power buff specifically because she changed Cereza by virtue of Cereza thinking that Bayo was her mother, and therefore being a positive figure for her, boosting her confidence and other stuff, so Bayo is already Cereza grown up.

It would only make sense if we assume that this Bayo is one from a different timeline/universe.

Edited by Hecatom
Just now, Darc_Requiem said:

Sorry man, so many people think Cereza is her kid. So I assumed. My bad.

No worries.

Truth be told, dunno what will be the plot with Bayo 3, assuming that the teaser and her new design have any significance to it, outside stuff that was thrown in due being cool or reference to previous games.

I think i will start a new run of Bayo 1 and 2 on my WiiU (i still don't have a Switch)

That or download an emulator and play both on my pc 🤔

3 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

No worries.

Truth be told, dunno what will be the plot with Bayo 3, assuming that the teaser and her new design have any significance to it, outside stuff that was thrown in due being cool or reference to previous games.

I think i will start a new run of Bayo 1 and 2 on my WiiU (i still don't have a Switch)

That or download an emulator and play both on my pc 🤔

Yeah the enemies can be seen by humans so they aren't angels or demons.

sheeeeittt, my adventures in Actraiser continue; I'm thinking some of those complaints are overblown nitpicks, tbh....

My people in the first village have come along nicely, settling much of the land around the temple, and the first hero "Philotas" appeared to help defend them... and one monster-spawn area has been taken care of.  The fiends tried their siege, but of course they fell to the combined might of Philotas and the divine miracles at my command.  Soon, the rest of these demons will be banished from these lands.... so continues the chronicles of the Lord Zuul and His children.

2 hours ago, MillionX said:

sheeeeittt, my adventures in Actraiser continue; I'm thinking some of those complaints are overblown nitpicks, tbh....

My people in the first village have come along nicely, settling much of the land around the temple, and the first hero "Philotas" appeared to help defend them... and one monster-spawn area has been taken care of.  The fiends tried their siege, but of course they fell to the combined might of Philotas and the divine miracles at my command.  Soon, the rest of these demons will be banished from these lands.... so continues the chronicles of the Lord Zuul and His children.

I finished up Fillmore today and did the first act of Bloodpool and while I saw A hiccup at one point during the Bloodpool stage, I agree, I think the bits about the action stages are overblown and just fodder for people to make YT videos. 

That said, I do think the Sim parts go on a bit long. I enjoy them, but all the hordes attacking got to be a bit much after awhile, not that they're hard, but I'm about 3 hours in and have only played 3 action stages not counting the short sections down the monster lairs. I'm hoping this game will have the Professional! mode from the original where you can play just the action stages because I'm enjoying them quite a bit. 

28 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

I'm curious to see how long the Melty Blood hype will last 

It’ll get an influx of new players but then only the die hards who have been a fan of the game since the PS2 era will stick with it with maybe a small amount of actual new players that stick with it for the long haul. 

That’s how most anime fighter communities go. 

I loooooove Melty Blood but haven’t played it since Actress Again.

Edited by iStu X

Extremely late to the party but I finally beat the main story for Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle. what an awesome game. 

It really is babies first x com in the best ways. 

every character has a main weapon and a secondary weapon and everyone gets 3 distinct abilities. 

everyone very clearly has a roll to play. I. E Mario is your all-rounder, Luigi is a sniper, Peach is your cleric, Rabbids Mario is a DPS tank, etc. There’s a lot of variety with with the 8 characters 

The battle system and abilities are very simple and easy to understand but have a surprising amount of depth to them. Finding the right synergy for the right map is super important, especially late game. Combos combos combos. Nothing like shooting someone into a land mine, having them fly over the map into the range of Luigi so he can deliver the killing blow. It’s a sight to behold. 

The humor is absolutely on point. It’s *just enough* Rabbids humor without being overly annoying with that perfect mix of Nintendo’s charm and humor. There’s several legit bust up laughing moments. Usually involving Rabbids Peach or you travel companion Beep-0.

My only issues with the game is I wish there was more weapon variety and more status effect variety. Cause there’s only 3 types of weapons and sub weapons while most of the status effects don’t feel very unique 

the other issue is I really wish the game was longer. It was only 4 worlds with about 6-10 battle maps in each world. I’m hoping the second game has a lot more variety 

all in all a great game. The only technical issue I had with the game is in world 3 there was a certain puzzle that cause the game to freak out hard. Lots of stuttering and environment clipping and map breaking. Thankfully it was very very brief but it happens during one of the last puzzles of the world so it made the whole experience very jarring and annoying.

I plan on 100%ing the game since there really isn’t that much to do outside of replay maps for better grades, find treasure chests and do challenges. 

I also plan on playing the Donkey Kong campaign DLC too. 

overall extremely high 8/10 if not a 9/10. Can’t wait for the sequel. 

Edited by iStu X
2 hours ago, DarkSakul said:

There a reason Anime Fighters are called Poverty Fighters. 

Poverty has nothing to do with the games being "anime".

Poverty is about a specific subset of games, the doujin ones, aka indies, and not all of them.

Sometimes it also includes smaller studio games, like Examu, and at times it overlaps with Kusoge games.

Is more or less a joke about the production values of the games, and the small communities around them.

Edit

Also, there are western games that are considered poverty, like Omen of Sorrow for example.

And Mortal Kombat games before the NRS rebranding were considered poverty as well.

Edited by Hecatom
8 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

It has nothing to do with that either, you doofus.

It has everything to do with it. Shit for prize/ tournament support, shit for people getting interested, 

But SRK is down Dead , and the records of those tourneys are long gone 
So we can argue all day 

2 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Poverty is about a specific subset of games, the doujin ones, aka indies, and not all of them.

it's all of then, except for Dragon Ball Opps all Goku for some stupid ass reason 

Doesn't matter anyways the scene will soon die anyways. Less and Less new blood comes in every year and old farts want to hold on to old farts ways