Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

34 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

$50 for a N64 controller is disgusting

That’s how I feel about genesis controller more so than the 64 controller,tbh. Especially since it’s the shitty 3-button OG pad. 

$50 for a wireless n64 controller isn’t bad. 
also, I don’t know if anyone caught it but Banjo Kazooie is going to be on the N64 NSO. 

Man Bayonetta 3 looks sick. Her new look is so awesome. She looks adorable and cool at the same time. They fused he adult look with her child Cereza look. It's great. I cant wait to see Jeanne The summons look dope, and she looks like she has a legit "Devil Trigger" transformation now? 

I'm over the moon with hype. This Sega Genesis line up is pretty awesome to. Musha Aleste is there. Gunstar Heroes. Ristar is dope. 

ActRaiser remake looks really cool to. What a random but extremely welcome surprise. 

7 minutes ago, iStu X said:

That’s how I feel about genesis controller more so than the 64 controller,tbh. Especially since it’s the shitty 3-button OG pad. 

also, I don’t know if anyone caught it but Banjo Kazooie is going to be on the N64 NSO. 

I think the Genesis controller pricing is because Nintendo has to give Sega a cut. Nintendo isn't going to reduce their share, they are going to pass along whatever Sega's cut is to the end user.

Edit: I copped both. Can't believe Konami only charged $20

Edited by Darc_Requiem
6 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I hate the three hand grip setup with the N64 controller. It's not comfortable at all. Controllers that condense the layout are far better

Lmao watching the Bayonetta 3 trailer again and I just noticed her new hand guns have 3 barrels...cuz 2 wasn't enough I guess lol. 

Edit: To piggyback off my Metroid complaint in also gonna whine about no Zelda collection, or even ports of TPHD or WWHD. I got my girl into the series recently with Links Awakening Remake and with NSO we have ALTTP but I don't have an easy way for her to play like POT, MM, or those other 3D HD Zeldas...vome on Nintendo. I want to gove you my money. 

Edited by RSG3
1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

Yo! Remake of Act raiser! *Throws money at screen*

Ho-ly fuck.

Excited Ultimate Warrior GIF by WWE

Actraiser was one of my favorite games of that gen and that fact that not only did it get a remake but that it's realeased TODAY and is only $30 is absolutely fucking awesome. I got it downloading right now and I'm beyond excited about this! If nothing else, I can't wait to hear the new musical arrangements because this OST is one of the best game soundtracks of all time imo. I've said it before, but if this was the only game Koshiro had ever composed for, the man would deserve all the accolades he gets.

Just listened to the new version of World Tree from the Actraiser OST and it's absolute fire. Fillmore is on now and I'm not sure I like this arrangement as much as the original, but it's still really good, it's got some funky bass but also a harpsichord solo, and the melody seems well suited to electric guitar which is the lead instrument here.

They're giving away a download which includes wallpaper and 5 of the new tracks for people who buy early. 

Edited by DoctaMario
11 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Why is Martinet NOT Mario tho? Not that I'm mad about Pratt, it's just weird you have the actual voice on Mario on deck and not let him voice him

There’s already a working theory that he’s going to be Wario due to the fact Wario is the only character he’s ever voiced complete sentences/actual dialogue. Where with Mario, The Green Guy, and Waluigi it’s just been grunts/shouts and simple phrases. 

Edited by iStu X

Actraiser is still near the top of my list of all-time greats.  It is forever GOAT status with me.... one of the main reasons I wanted to get SNES back then, actually.. I first played it on my cousin's SNES and was in love with it immediately.  This was the first game that let me be play God... and the quality of that soundtrack was unprecedented... I never heard a game having music on that level before.  In fact, I STILL have several of the original tracks saved now as mp3s on my old iPod and my phone. (and on some old CDs)  I still listen to that stuff on a regular basis.

Edited by MillionX
11 minutes ago, iStu X said:

There’s already a working theory that he’s going to be Wario due to the fact Wario is the only character he’s ever voiced complete sentences/actual dialogue. Where with Mario, The Green Guy, and Waluigi it’s just been grunts/shouts and simple phrases. 

Point taken. And I do loves me some Wario. These are acceptable terms

3 minutes ago, Lantis said:

For reals. It's like having a Metal Gear Solid movie with David Hayter as a supporting character. The fuck outta here.

Maybe Martinet don't want the role.

3 minutes ago, Lantis said:

It's like having a Metal Gear Solid movie with David Hayter as a supporting character.

We are never getting Hayter attached to a Metal Gear project ever again 

As soon as I heard there was a Mario movie being made, I knew they would cast celebrities instead of the actual voice actors. They have been doing that for years for animated movies. Sonic had four VAs that are still in business and they still went with Ben Schwartz for the movie (who I admit was a good fit in the end). 

I hope the cast is at least convincing and the movie will be decent. Charlie Day as Luigi and Jack Black as Bowser could sound pretty good.

Catching up on some of the stuff.  I had the direct playing while I was on the way to my storage unit so I know most but wasn't really able to fully watch it.  Wow...there was a lot of stuff in this direct.  Those Castlevania and Actraiser today drops on top of Actraiser being a remake WITH new tracks from the GOAT Koshiro.  More Metroid, more Triangle Strategy, no final smash character but a date for the shit show apocalypse, Splatoon 3, an ACTUAL Bayo 3 trailer WITH gameplay,  More boards for Mario Party Superstar,  the first major update for MH Rise,  Not only is N64 coming to NSO but genesis titles even though they're coming with a prem subscription, an ACTUAL 3D KIRBY GAME(...lord man...you know how long they've been trying to do a full blown 3D kirby game?  Since N64....that's how long), crazy unexpected star power going into the Mario movie, story dlc for Hyrule Warrios AoC, Knights of the Old republic port...just loads and loads of goodness in this direct.  Only thing missing really was something from BotW2 but everything was great.   

Vids

Spoiler

Extra

Videogamedunkey - Originality in Video Games

hell yeah---ACTRAISER, folks.  I'm already getting started in it... just slayed the Centaur so now my people can get started building the first village.  They already know and have faith that their Lord Zuul will take care of things.  I looked down upon them from the divine sky palace... I observed as they grew, learned the land and multiplied... the Lord Zuul saw that it was good, and smiled upon them.