Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

9 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Dunno why, but something is giving me the vibes that this will be the final entry of the series 🤔

I don't know how they can keep topping things. Even from the get go, the first game had so many crazy and over the top moments and I'm not sure how much longer they can keep that going. Either that or they'll have to go a different direction with the series.  

9 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Im really happy Triangle Strategy got a date.

Im hella annoyed it got stuck with a shitty fucking name like Triangle Strategy...Fucking awful. Somehow worse then Octopath Traveler.

I'm kinda surprised that Squeenix is gonna let them get away with it twice.  I'm imagining that they can't come uo with anything better than the working title for whatever reason and Squeenix just goes "Fine!  We're calling it the working title then!"

Another gripe with Borderlands.... just in a quick search I see that other fans have been wanting a "skip" option on story mode for years now, so sadly it's a safe assumption that this will never happen, I bet....since y'know...the games industry is never about actually giving the consumer what they really want.

This is the reason I only have 2 characters in part 3, actually.... most would agree that the story here is quite a step down from the greatness of part 2....and each time you make a new character, you have to do it all again, starting off that that horribly slow-paced beginning part.

Diablo 3 has handled this issue perfectly for many years already--- you only need to play through the story 1 time and then "Adventure" mode is available for any new character you make... you can get right to the fun part of just killing shit, leveling up, perfecting a character build and acquiring cool new loot ASAP.  Just a while ago I was thinking of starting Moze to see how she plays but then I remembered I'd have to start that slow-ass story again from scratch with my new level 1 Moze....and yeahhh that's a no for me dawg.  I'll just stick with my Fl4k and Zane then.

13 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Everyone should play the Voice of Cards demo on the eShop or PSN. It’s about a 90 minute demo if you 100% it.  It’s so fucking good. I’m so hype for it to come out. 

just from the demo alone it has the potential to be my GOTY. 

im pretty bad at card games man. i remember when i tried to play yugioh again after not playing since like 6th grade i hopped my ass online put like 2 cards face down in defence next thing i know a nigga did some shit and had like 3 monsters with 3000 attack points on the field and proceeded to smoke my ass 

2 hours ago, nickmanx5 said:

im pretty bad at card games man

That’s not how it works. It’s not like Yu-gi-oh or Magic. You don’t build a deck or anything. It’s a table top jrpg that just happens to be told through cards. 

Your characters, items, equipment, the enemies, maps, etc. are all cards. 

just dl the demo and you’ll see what I mean 

Edited by iStu X
On 9/23/2021 at 8:35 PM, RSG3 said:

I think my favorite WTF moment in the game your first time through is when the Stage 5 Boss starts to bounce. I remember the first time distinctly....dude just dropped on mye like "Fuck everything you stand for." lmao

The first time the boss bounced, and thus straight into me, I just busted out laughing. "I was like ok, I accept that. Well played, Ball."