Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

42 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

We also hate it, since 

1, despite the lefturds saying that they are color blind, they insist on make divisions between those who have more melanin than others

2, is a racist term from the 30's that those closeted racist brought back, like the regressive npc idiots they are 🤣...

They always want to virtue signal about MUH PEOPLE OF COLOR while the lefty whites in the NYC and Chicago school districts work harder than the 1960 Dixiecrats to stop integration.  Diversity for thee, not for me!

44 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

We also hate it, since 

1, despite the lefturds saying that they are color blind, they insist on make divisions between those who have more melanin than others

2, is a racist term from the 30's that those closeted racist brought back, like the regressive npc idiots they are 🤣

I doubt that we will se those imbeciles stopping to use it, since as usual, they say they care, but they don't listen when the people they are offended for tells them to stfu and mind their own business. 

Notice that they use it t virtue signal on social media to other hive minded idiots like them.

The messed up part is when Disney tries to be "anti racist" and inclusive by doing these things, they just end up staying racist. 

Fun fact the ride the jungle cruise ride was remade to be less offensive by getting rid of the black natives so blacks aren't seen as savages. Wha were the scenes replaced with? Monkeys causing mischief. 

1 hour ago, KingTubb said:

it's all good man! 

There is actually a good bit of debate on whether Freya and Frigg are the same God. After my wife told me to actually read something if I found it interesting, I've been deep diving. 

But, it's a toss up, and typically Frigg is listed at the mother of Baldur. or Baldr, or Balder. 

Norse and Germanic mythology is a giant mess lol 

Yeah, most myths are very messy, since you have multiple variants of them depending of the region, and probably much more that were lost due time be because were never written, morphed/combined with other myths or christianity, etc.

For example, most of the Mayan myths were lost due the colonialism, luckily a monk decided to keep the lets say bible, the Popol Vuh due its historical and cultural value, good thing that the Franciscans actually put value, even back then, on knowledge, even from other cultures.

And yes, we are obligated to read the goddamn mayan bible as part of our history curriculum during highschool, is an interesting lecture, although kind of hard due the name conventions of all the entities, which are a lot.

God of War is tame compared to the mayan myths, lol, that shit is fucking brutal.

There is one god that was birth the moment that other gods were trying to kill/killed his mother, iirc, it was Kinich Ahau, the god of the sun and music and poetry, and he was born fully grown with armor and weapons and killed all of them.

they were obssesed with blood and death.

21 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

John Leguizamo is excited for the SMB movie, but thinks it's too "white"

I wanted to throw my 2 cents in on this cause my wife brought this up and I talked about it to her before it got posted on here.   The casting for the original Mario Bros movie was not 'groundbreaking'  I don't know where TF he got that from.  Just because he was in it?  and Big Bertha? (if you can even call that ground breaking)  Everybody else in that cast was mostly white unless they were different races underneath the hideous Koopa and Goomba costumes. 

Saying he's the only one who knows how to make this movie work script wise is pretty ego filled when the one who made the IP is involved with the making of the film.  I've seen some people really shitting on the casting for this film but if Ben Schwartz is anything to go by...sometimes the casting may surprise you.  The only people that I have confidence in right now that will probably end up killing their roles are Jack Black as Bowser, Keegan as Toad, and more than likely Seth Rogan as DK.  Everyone else is a ???? at this point to me but I'm willing to give it a shot or at least get couple of trailers first.

8 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

Other than Clown in the 1997 Spawn movie, I've never really cared about him as an actor.

I actually like Leguizamo in the few movies that I've seen him in.  I liked him as Luigi as a kid until I eventually realized that the movie as whole was a complete piece of shit.  Carlito's Way was good and I like him as Aurelio the small times he was in John Wick.  I just disagree with some of the takes on this.

2 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I actually like Leguizamo in the few movies that I've seen him in.  I liked him as Luigi as a kid until I eventually realized that the movie as whole was a complete piece of shit.  Carlito's Way was good and I like him as Aurelio the small times he was in John Wick.  I just disagree with some of the takes on this.

despite Leguizamo’s horribly stupid take regarding this situation he is a genuinely hilarious dude. Back in the early 2000’s he did a stand up tour that was ridiculously funny. My sister actually showed it to me cause at the time she was a huge fan of his work. 

@RSG3yeah I know. Haha. Funnily enough I actually just watched Wick 2 last night

Edited by iStu X

I like john is pretty.much everything I've seen him in, but I dunno what about the dumpster fire (that I do enjoy mind you) that is the Mario Bros movie makes him think he has any ground to stand on when it comes to making a Mario movie work. 

Dude I know the behind the scenes stories. You and Bob where both drunk as fuck the entire filming of the movie. 

Go outside and touch some grass. Shit. 

29 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I wanted to throw my 2 cents in on this cause my wife brought this up and I talked about it to her before it got posted on here.   The casting for the original Mario Bros movie was not 'groundbreaking'  I don't know where TF he got that from.  Just because he was in it?  and Big Bertha? (if you can even call that ground breaking)  Everybody else in that cast was mostly white unless they were different races underneath the hideous Koopa and Goomba costumes. 

Saying he's the only one who knows how to make this movie work script wise is pretty ego filled when the one who made the IP is involved with the making of the film.  I've seen some people really shitting on the casting for this film but if Ben Schwartz is anything to go by...sometimes the casting may surprise you.  The only people that I have confidence in right now that will probably end up killing their roles are Jack Black as Bowser, Keegan as Toad, and more than likely Seth Rogan as DK.  Everyone else is a ???? at this point to me but I'm willing to give it a shot or at least get couple of trailers first.

Talking from experience here, i only seen twatter hating on the casting, with most of the people offline amused but not dismissive of the movie, and most interested and willing to give it a chance.

For me Leguizamo is a mixed bag, he has movies where i like him, but man, he has some really terrible ones on his resume, like The Pest.

I think the only reason why he has not been cancelled yet is because he is not white, because other people would have been cancelled for less.

BTW, i don't think he should be cancelled for this (neither anyone else for similar shit), i just think is hilarious that always, those who virtue signal always have shit like this behind them.

Edited by Hecatom
3 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Talking from experience here, i only seen twatter hating on the casting, with most of the people offline amused but not dismissive of the movie, and most interested and willing to give it a chance.

Most of the stuff pertaining to my feed regarding the movie was laughing at it or being negative.  That was on top of what I saw on Twitter.

6 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

Other than Clown in the 1997 Spawn movie, I've never really cared about him as an actor.

...and even this was hilariously miscast, imo... at the time my friend (another big-time Spawn fan) and I kept wondering why in the hell they casted him as Violator/Clown....instead of y'know... an actual fat guy. (you save a little money since no "fat suit" would be required)  On top of that...why make his head a cone-shape?  That just looks dumb.   It was frustrating how far off from the comics visual this was.  Matching the visual is naturally an important thing for comic book adaptations for me (and probably most reasonable people, imo)....which is also why race/gender swaps for live-action is stupid and often hilarious bullshit to me.  It's just as inaccurate to me as if you got fatass Chris Farley casted as Superman back when he was alive.

Ideally, Danny DeVito was the one true choice to play "Clown-form Violator", but I'd understand if DeVito was too much of an expensive name to get at the time though....he wasn't necessarily sloppy fat like the character, but that's the only major name actor that generally matched.

Edited by MillionX

From Nintendo's recent sale I picked up Blaster Master 3, Curse of the Moon 2, the Gunvolt 2 Pack and the Luminous Avenger iX game. Never played any of these before but the Gunvolt series kinda looks like a continue of the Megaman Zero series in Speed and style of play and I love Inticreates as yoy can tell from this purchase list. So lookin forward to diggin in. The Gunvokt stuff ive wanted to look into for a while and I love most things Blaster Master. Curse of the Moon is just more Castlevania 3 goodness for me so no brainer purchase. Still have the physicals for BM3 and CotM2 in my sights tho. 

1 hour ago, nickmanx5 said:

that way they  never have to take the heat for the story meanwhile team ninja's prob like guy we get to make a metroid/final fantasy! but there's a catch...

Team Ninja never caught any heat for Other M. It's well known they were hampered by the game's producer who demanded that the game had to be played with the wiimote on its own. They did the best they could under the circumstances

11 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Team Ninja never caught any heat for Other M. It's well known they were hampered by the game's producer who demanded that the game had to be played with the wiimote on its own. They did the best they could under the circumstances

that wiimote stuff is so weird tho it's like miyamoto with starfox zero or anytime someone brings up f zero

20 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

True, and the funniest thing, is that when Yoshio Sakamoto (the mijnd behind of Another M, and one of the fathers of Metroid) was asked about the game, he said that he would do it all over again, since the game was developed as he envisioned.

At least he is sure of his vision, for better or worse I guess.

Team Ninja did the bets they could with the card they were handed to them.

I'm looking forward to finding out more on that VTM Swansong game....even though it's nto a regular action/rpg like I would prefer.

I was just thinking about the tragic fate of Bloodlines 2 again yesterday, actually...in an alternate, better world/timeline I would be on my 4th or 5th+ playthru at this point, perhaps enjoying a DLC they would've released with Lasombra clan being added.  Once Steam Deck is out I'll finally get into the first Bloodlines game then, I guess.  I've basically given up hope on part 2 ever being a reality. 😞 

19 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

So that makes 3 ppl who thought Other M was great, me included. I don't care what ppl say, that game was fun, more fun than I ever had with any of the Primes 😂

I can't say it was great but I don't think the product was overall horrible.  It'd definitely down in the tierlist for me but I thought what they tried to do for certain things in the game was cool like the cinematic attacks that occur in certain situations or to finish opponents that I think Metroid Samus Returns and Dread took influence from for boss encounters.  Unfortunately there's things story wise that just bog the game down even though I didn't mind  as much personally until it got to ridiculous levels...Like Adam waiting until Samus was Deep into the heat area, fucking BURNING UP, and then he's like "oh...uh..I guess you can turn on your Varia Suit function" lol.