Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

I like how every time shoots this rumor down they can always count on Bloomberg to resurrect it in full.  I know NCL has gotta be like "FFFFFFUUUUUCCCK!!!!" raging in their offices every time they see this at this point.  The rumor has has so many bullet holes and limbs missing but it just keeps lifting back up like the Undertaker like nothing happened lol

vids

Spoiler

Game looks interesting

Extra

9 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

John Leguizamo is excited for the SMB movie, but thinks it's too "white"

Latinx? Mario and Luigi are Italian. Dafuq is he talking about. Also isn't one of Anya Taylor Joy's parents from Argentina? Has he ever watched Key and Peele? 

Side note: Does anyone know a person that actually uses Latinx? 

39 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Latinx? Mario and Luigi are Italian. Dafuq is he talking about. Also isn't one of Anya Taylor Joy's parents from Argentina? Has he ever watched Key and Peele? 

To be fair with him.

Italians are latinos.

Latinos include more than just hispanics.

But agree, he is going on a virtue signaling tangent with that tweet.

His stupid ass is confusing being a latino with race, which is dumb, since there are white latinos.

And yes, one of Anya Talor Joy is Argentinian, and iirc, she lived a lot of her life there.

She even has the Argentinian accent when speaking spanish.

Edited by Hecatom

The opening music of Actraiser in Renaissance hit me so hard.

Will Smith Fainting GIF

Oh, I actually got keep my village from being turned into crap from evil? Nice! Wasn't expecting that!

I named my character Lord Dude-Sir. I seldom get to be a god in my games so I had to go with a funny name.

I am so glad Actraiser Renaissance was not leaked. That was one of the biggest surprises of the direct. Now can we get an Soul Blazer Trilogy? I will happily take remasters or even just ports of Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia and Terranigma, the last of which I have never played. I never expected Square Enix to remember Actraiser, let alone remake the game. I like seeing SE show that they can GAF about games besides Final Fantasy and they have been pretty good with that over the past few years.

2 hours ago, Hecatom said:

To be fair with him.

Italians are latinos.

Latinos include more than just hispanics.

But agree, he is going on a virtue signaling tangent with that tweet.

His stupid ass is confusing being a latino with race, which is dumb, since there are white latinos.

And yes, one of Anya Talor Joy is Argentinian, and iirc, she lived a lot of her life there.

She even has the Argentinian accent when speaking spanish.

Thanks for the insight man. Side note: I looked up Anya Taylor Joy. Her dad is half Argentinian and her mom is half Spaniard. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem

Beat God of War last night. 

Hands down the best game I played last generation, very excited for Ragnarok

A funny little post game interaction with my wife, spoiled cause of spoils of course:

Spoiler

Me: "I beat this game! it was great, you'd think it was cool, it's about mythology, kinda.

Wife: "Oh yeah? Greek or Norse?"

Me: "Both! You're a Greek god and you find out at the end that your son is Loki the whole time!"

Wife: "Nice, did he kill Baldur with mistletoe?"

Me:" YEAH! Cause his mom, Freya, made him invulnerable" 

Wife: "his mom is Frigg"

Me:"Nuh-uh, it's Freya"

Wife:Stares at me with "Do you actually have any idea what the fuck you're talking about" face

Me: "Frigg sounds right" 

Also, if y'all want a chuckle, read about how Baldr actually died in the myths. It's hilarious, and tragic, but mostly hilarious 

16 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

at work during this month, I know most of Disney is TRYING (or forcing I can't tell) to make it work but the only ones co-signing it are the lefty whites and the LGBTs. I have YET to have use it in reference to me but I'm itching to correct them. 

3 hours ago, KingTubb said:

Beat God of War last night. 

Hands down the best game I played last generation, very excited for Ragnarok

A funny little post game interaction with my wife, spoiled cause of spoils of course:

Hide contents

Me: "I beat this game! it was great, you'd think it was cool, it's about mythology, kinda.

Wife: "Oh yeah? Greek or Norse?"

Me: "Both! You're a Greek god and you find out at the end that your son is Loki the whole time!"

Wife: "Nice, did he kill Baldur with mistletoe?"

Me:" YEAH! Cause his mom, Freya, made him invulnerable" 

Wife: "his mom is Frigg"

Me:"Nuh-uh, it's Freya"

Wife:Stares at me with "Do you actually have any idea what the fuck you're talking about" face

Me: "Frigg sounds right" 

Also, if y'all want a chuckle, read about how Baldr actually died in the myths. It's hilarious, and tragic, but mostly hilarious 

Actually, on the Myth, Loki is a god that predates Odin, since he is not even part of the aesir tribe (the gods).

Loki, in Norse mythology, a cunning trickster who had the ability to change his shape and sex. Although his father was the giant Fárbauti, he was included among the Aesir (a tribe of gods). Loki was represented as the companion of the great gods Odin and Thor, helping them with his clever plans but sometimes causing embarrassment and difficulty for them and himself. He also appeared as the enemy of the gods, entering their banquet uninvited and demanding their drink. He was the principal cause of the death of the god Balder. Loki was bound to a rock (by the entrails of one or more of his sons, according to some sources) as punishment, thus in many ways resembling the Greek figures Prometheus and Tantalus. Also like Prometheus, Loki is considered a god of fire.

With the female giant Angerboda (Angrboda: “Distress Bringer”), Loki produced the progeny Hel, the goddess of death; Jörmungand, the serpent that surrounds the world; and Fenrir (Fenrisúlfr), the wolf. Loki is also credited with giving birth to Sleipnir, Odin’s eight-legged horse.

Notable diferences from what marvel has told, he is not son of Odin and Frigg, he is not evil, he is the father of Hel and Fenrir (the villain of the 3rd Thor movie, and the Dog at the end of the 3rd Thor movie.)

I would say that GoD at least with their reinterpretation have managed to stay a little more truth to his myth, even when changing his origin by making his father, his mom and the son of a greek demi god 🤣

Edit

And i am a dumbass, you were talking of Baldurr and not Loki (i just woke up and i am under medication, would you belive me if i said that, lol)

Edited by Hecatom
1 hour ago, TheInfernoman said:

at work during this month, I know most of Disney is TRYING (or forcing I can't tell) to make it work but the only ones co-signing it are the lefty whites and the LGBTs. I have YET to have use it in reference to me but I'm itching to correct them. 

Tell them that we latinos actually see it as a slur, and even as imperialistic since is outsiders trying to force their shit into our cultures and language.

3 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I hope you guys have better luck than I did with "Person of Color". I really hate that term and it's stuck.

We also hate it, since 

1, despite the lefturds saying that they are color blind, they insist on make divisions between those who have more melanin than others

2, is a racist term from the 30's that those closeted racist brought back, like the regressive npc idiots they are 🤣

I doubt that we will se those imbeciles stopping to use it, since as usual, they say they care, but they don't listen when the people they are offended for tells them to stfu and mind their own business. 

Notice that they use it t virtue signal on social media to other hive minded idiots like them.

1 minute ago, Abbachio said:

I will never understand how people haven't clicked on that "poc" is basically a roundabout way of saying "coloured person"

Exactly. Just like how people don't get how saying only black person can write a black show or a martial arts lead has to be Asian is racist. Like the racist from decades ago could have gotten away with all kinds of shit with the current crowd if they "prettied up" the terms.

13 minutes ago, rukawa_kaede said:

Another I wasn't aware of is Rumania as well. 

Yup, is one of those that not many people are aware that fall under the umbrella of latinos, since the language seems to have less in common when compared to the 4 major, Italian, Portuguese, French and Spanish, but with those 4, they are considered the big 5 exponents of Romance language

There are many others, but those are either considered dialects or sub groups of the major 5

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romance_languages

1 hour ago, Hecatom said:

you were talking of Baldurr and not Loki

it's all good man! 

There is actually a good bit of debate on whether Freya and Frigg are the same God. After my wife told me to actually read something if I found it interesting, I've been deep diving. 

But, it's a toss up, and typically Frigg is listed at the mother of Baldur. or Baldr, or Balder. 

Norse and Germanic mythology is a giant mess lol