Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

5 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Why do you ask questions that you know the answer?

See if I just say it, people would bitch about me being a Xbox hater. 
I know the answer I just need someone else to say it. 

Aw fuck it, it's selling like Pork Empanadas in the Jewish Community Center isn't it. 

4 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Ok I'm about to say something that I've been holding back an opinion on for a minute...Nickelodeon all star brawl's animation on attacks mostly look uninspired, mediocre at best and need work.  I've been feeling this way about the game since probably about 2-3 weeks from the initial announcement trailer and each subsequent trailer has not eased my concern regarding this and has infact continued to deepen my concern on this.  There's barely any anticipation on any of the attacks and and some of them are really fucking hard to read probably because of the former reasoning.  Half the time characters are doing attacks and I can't even tell what the fuck they're doing for the attack.   Almost every attack feels super samey and there's not really enough oomph to them.  It's been killing my interest in playing this game cause I'm sure it's fun in short bursts but I have a super strong feeling that this game is not going to be around long if it isn't improved.  Melee people are fucking cumming their pants but cause the game has WAAAAAVE DASSSHINNGG and they're going to try to push this game like hell I know they gotta be kidding themselves on this and they're going to be in denial.   I would not be surprised if Sugarpunch did a video on this game's animation and there was a video I was listening to that pretty much mirrored my concerns regarding the game.  Glad the game exists and I was thinking about picking it up in the beginning but I've decided I'm probably not going to purchase it because I have a feeling they aren't going to do anything to address my problems with it.  /end 2 cents/take

I want to give the game a shot but even now that it's here, I can see in the footage that there are some problems and you pretty much addressed all of them in the your post.

When I saw that wave dashing would be in the game, I already knew that Melee cultists would be jizzing like no tomorrow. From wave dashing to the speed pf All-Star Brawl, there is little doubt as to what the dev's favorite Smash game is. This is the closest to legal Melee HD the Melee crowd is gonna get. Sometimes I don't think Melee fans are Smash fans, but fans of Melee. This is a group of people that cannot let go of a 20 year old game and treats it like it is the greatest thing to ever grace this Earth. There are already videos from Melee nut huggers with titles like Smash Bros. but BETTER. Yeah, I get the click bait mentality behinds YouTube but really, son? If it ain't Melee or like Melee the can't eff with it. 

5 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Ok I'm about to say something that I've been holding back an opinion on for a minute...Nickelodeon all star brawl's animation on attacks mostly look uninspired, mediocre at best and need work.  I've been feeling this way about the game since probably about 2-3 weeks from the initial announcement trailer and each subsequent trailer has not eased my concern regarding this and has infact continued to deepen my concern on this.  There's barely any anticipation on any of the attacks and and some of them are really fucking hard to read probably because of the former reasoning.  Half the time characters are doing attacks and I can't even tell what the fuck they're doing for the attack.   Almost every attack feels super samey and there's not really enough oomph to them.  It's been killing my interest in playing this game cause I'm sure it's fun in short bursts but I have a super strong feeling that this game is not going to be around long if it isn't improved.  Melee people are fucking cumming their pants but cause the game has WAAAAAVE DASSSHINNGG and they're going to try to push this game like hell I know they gotta be kidding themselves on this and they're going to be in denial.   I would not be surprised if Sugarpunch did a video on this game's animation and there was a video I was listening to that pretty much mirrored my concerns regarding the game.  Glad the game exists and I was thinking about picking it up in the beginning but I've decided I'm probably not going to purchase it because I have a feeling they aren't going to do anything to address my problems with it.  /end 2 cents/take

Like Melee huh? I hope it bombs then. Just out of the sense of Schadenfreude

14 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

Like Melee huh? I hope it bombs then. Just out of the sense of Schadenfreude

Melee fans will support the game as well as fans of Nicktoons. It also helps that a confident developer was behind it. Also, the Switch version is as well as other physical versions won't ship for 1-2 months on Amazon. So far, I'd say the game is selling quite well.

To be fair Nick Brawl waa on an extremely tight budget, so jank animations are expected. But the fact that they included rollback and listen to fan feedback means they're taking the game seriously, it's just budget is tying their hands to a degree. 

So I plan to buy the game eventually and support it, I think they've said if it does well they'll be able to add and fix things, I think the first two DLC will even be free. I see this game being being like PW Battle of the Grid, kind of a bare bones clone of a better game, but over time growing to be a solid affair worth investing should the game receive the support from fans 

And to clarify, not trying to convince anyone to buy, if it looks like trash to you, definitely don't. 

Edited by HD-Man
53 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

To be fair Nick Brawl waa on an extremely tight budget, so jank animations are expected. But the fact that they included rollback and listen to fan feedback means they're taking the game seriously, it's just budget is tying their hands to a degree. 

So I plan to buy the game eventually and support it, I think they've said if it does well they'll be able to add and fix things, I think the first two DLC will even be free. I see this game being being like PW Battle of the Grid, kind of a bare bones clone of a better game, but over time growing to be a solid affair worth investing should the game receive the support from fans 

And to clarify, not trying to convince anyone to buy, if it looks like trash to you, definitely don't. 

Well hopefully it gets better and I know it's on a budget...I just think more of the budget should have went to the animation.   Probably could have cut back 2 characters and put them as DLC if it would have helped get the game animation better perhaps but I'm hoping the game does get better but I don't have faith. I'm glad it was made though and I hope the people who buy it really get their enjoyment out of it.

VGM Fridays!  Dread is officially released today so first post will be Metroid focused.

Spoiler

Originals - not going to try to go too hard on this cause I'm sure some others may want to celebrate some tracks from this franchise today but I will try to touch most games in the franchise

Spoiler

One of the things I think was a mistake of the Prime Trilogy was removing the intro menus for the games cause I really like how they handled the title and the menu themes for Prime 1 and how the first sort of leads into the 2nd once you hit start.

I hadn't really thought about it but I think musically I like Prime 1 the most out of all the games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA0svtSeG0I&t=

Dunno why this isn't embedding anymore will try to fix later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dTxmdH01dE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SySV9xBU6M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB9KDIA3KIw

I say this a lot but I'm still disappointed that the best original track from this game is from a commercial and not the game itself.

Remixes and Rearrangements

well well... a trailer for "Act 2" of Blood Hunt...

sure will be nice when I can finally cast the miracle needed to get PS5 then... 

It will forever irritate me that we've entered this era where you have to jump through hoops and do all this "extra" stuff just for the simple act of purchasing a game system....it wasn't that long ago that buying one was just as simple and easy as getting a new TV at a Best Buy if you could afford to do so.

...reminds me; it's also a bit of a downer that the amount of options has drastically gone down over the years too... remember the olden days...you had all these sources to buy a new game system and games, etc: Circuit City, KB Toys, Children's Palace, Toys R Us, Service Merchandise, Gamestop (or Software Etc. or Electronics Boutique/Babbages before it all became Gstop) even K-Mart I think sold gaming-related stuff at some point....and probably other places I'm forgetting.  Of course, now we still have that combo of Target/BestBuy/Walmart/Gamestop....but GS is probably going away soon, and then we'll be down to the big 3....fortunately, gaming isn't their main thing so it's unlikely they will go away anytime soon.

Edited by MillionX

Interesting... I'm thinking the GTA3 trilogy (*I guess they're just going to act like the original 2d stuff never existed? 😆) would've had more appeal to me if this trilogy pack came out *before* Saint's Row 2...or perhaps the SR franchise altogether.  Going back to this after SR games just seems like quite a step down to me... so it's a hard sell.  I'd possibly be interested in Vice City specifically out of those 3 but that's it, really.

I realize I am in the minority on this though, and surely this trilogy/pack will go on to sell 800 billion copies over the next 15 years.

Edited by MillionX