Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

Did he just say Soul illusion was a callback to Alpha's custom combo mechanic?

Damn, Vesper, you had one job.

The raw amount of people saying oh shit she has genei jin or calling it custom combo is actually one of the most triggering things of all fucking time I swear. Put some fucking respect on rose's soul illusion, she's an innovator.

48 minutes ago, Joke said:

The raw amount of people saying oh shit she has genei jin or calling it custom combo is actually one of the most triggering things of all fucking time I swear. Put some fucking respect on rose's soul illusion, she's an innovator.

The number of people who haven't been chipped to death from 25% while air blocking in the corner disgusts me more than getting chipped to death from 25% while air blocking in the corner.

Just now, Darc_Requiem said:

I'll play. Fair warning. Worst player on the forum.

Lol you played well enough last time. Just doing my best to shake off the rust of not playing consistently. GImme like 10 mins to boot up and ill shoot you an invite.

2 minutes ago, Joke said:

Lol you played well enough last time. Just doing my best to shake off the rust of not playing consistently. GImme like 10 mins to boot up and ill shoot you an invite.

I maybe on my "smurf" account. DR_GIRLFRIEND. Started off as my Seth account. Now it's my try out new characters account.

1 minute ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I maybe on my "smurf" account. DR_GIRLFRIEND. Started off as my Seth account. Now it's my try out new characters account.

Lol that's a goated reference for a seth account. On now lmk when youre on.

Edited by Joke

its like on the cusp of being viable because of how much vmeter it builds but satellite is for gorillas so its easier. It's jsut way too passive to be as viable as free satellite get ins.

Edited by Joke

Rose is going to take a lot of work man. A lot.

There are certain match-ups that feel almost impossible (Rashid, Karin, Cammy, Bison, Rog) to play solid in. You could feel the struggle against those characters.

I don't use Soul Punish enough. That's something I always realize after the match is over. I've gotten more comfortable using ST.HP, which I feel is a really good normal. 

Luffy is feeling the struggle as well. I think a lot of it comes from making the switch from an explosive character to one that has to play much more carefully. 

17 hours ago, KingTubb said:

Every single time I try to boot this game up it makes me download some massive updates. 

I swear, SFV is 600 gbs at this point. 

It's the stupid way the file system is setup. You have basically download large portions of the game just to update a single file. On PC it's not nearly as bad , on console.....

Edited by Darc_Requiem
6 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Practices a lot and has good reactions.

Also good at playing players.

That's an understatement lol.

He ended up losing to Idom's Poison.  Still a great run.  Poison seems like a bad matchup for Rose.   Punk picked the custom combo trigger but it seems to me the teleport would be a better choice in that matchup.  

11 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

That's an understatement lol.

Not really. He has a really good understanding of people's "in-game body language". When you combine that with the fact that he also has an extensive amount of knowledge of characters options, Punk can really narrow down options.

He also has that thing that Daigo does (and a lot of top players do) they sort of pick a personality for you and then play against it. Long time ago Daigo said that he categorizes players. Brian F was talking about the same thing in one of his videos (I should've trusted this guy once he showed me who he was), Punk can sort of smell your fear in game.

Edit: Btw, if somebody reminds me, Infexious and Brian F have been putting out a lot of really good content lately.

Edited by Sonero