Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Apparently Kage out here celebrating Strive with Guilty Gear combos in SFV. All this tech coming out. I figured V-Shift would be the big thing but it's the changes they made to the characters. 

I feel like it's a little while before we really see people really utilizing Vshift and popping off with it, anyways.

18 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

Alex is hard to place on a tier list because everyone says he's ass but he has the capability to absolutely roll you if he makes a couple good reads.  

I've been playing SFV for the first time since the update and haven't seen a single person use Dan or do a V Shift 🤣

No one is saying Alex is ass in Season V. If they are they downplaying or smoking crack.

23 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

I'm talking about past seasons not this one which we know very little about.  Alex to me was never that bad.  He is inconsistent but most grapplers are built to be that way.  

Alex was the only grappler in the game that got zero Oki from command grabs. Landing a command grab reset Alex to neutral. However his neutral wasn't all that great. That's the biggest change they made this season. His neutral got buffed.

Lol Alex was bad and probably still is what are these hot ass takes? 

Has he been literally unplayable? No.

Has there been any good reason to use him over other characters? Lol no

This happens every season just like it has with Ryu. Mfs read the patch notes and one Twitter highlight from GunFight makes y’all think he’s hot until he fades into another year of obscurity. 

Just now, Yiceman said:

You can also EX command grab through those randomly thrown-out mirrors if they're closer. That was one of my favorites vs low level Uriens.

Ty. 

I'm a low lvl Laura so yea. Gonna hit rank tomorrow and i'll try stream if my net is ok. I wanna see how far i go with her.

14 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

This happens every season just like it has with Ryu.

Nah, every season Ryu gets buffs and a fade on his St. LP hitboxes. They usually never addressed his real issues, so it was a big nothing burger and everyone knew he'd still suck.

This patch he got some serious sauce. I'm not quite sure whether or not they actually make his mid-range satisfying, which was the biggest reason he sucked to play as, but now his offense is actually legit because he actually gets to do things to people that get hit crouching.

VT1 is still a bust, don't let Twitter clips fool you. VT2 is more dangerous than ever, but I need to know how many VT2 hits he gets when canceling Specials into VT2 and whether or not he gets to cancel that into CA.

If he can, Ryu got S1 big dog damage and might actually break into high tier. Otherwise, people will find out very quickly he got fixed, not truly buffed.

6 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Anyone still play this?

Well, that's gonna be an interesting one. Especially the other characters. Didn't the original art director leave too? I hope SG doesn't go out sad, but there was too much turmoil in that company. Not liking these odds.

1 minute ago, Volt said:

Well, that's gonna be an interesting one. Especially the other characters. Didn't the original art director leave too? I hope SG doesn't go out sad, but there was too much turmoil in that company. Not liking these odds.

Devs of the mobile version was doing this. They seriously need to rename this pass. The game is 9 years old. We are far beyond a season 1

1 hour ago, Skort said:

Played some more Bonita in casuals. When you don't know how to play a character but still have fun, it's a good sign. 

Also :  

Hehehe.... we practicing that shit  😛 

Urien: "AEGIS REFLECTOR!! KILL!!" 

Laura: "... Dude, you're always mad as fuck. I think I need to lay your ass out and give you some shock therapy!" 

Tubb, Pertho, and I played SG a few months ago. Had fun actually. Happy to see that pass is coming to PS4 and PS4 will be updated with the Steam version (as the PS4 has been neglected while Steam was getting updates). I may pick this up, just to fuck with and support. I do like it as a team game.... Then again, I highly doubt I’ll even play it lol.

in other news I played a bit of Rev2 tonight and happy to see Millia has a lot of the same tools (even a lot of the same buttons), though she has some changes... I actually prefer her Strive version. I think I’ll mostly play Rev2until April, but who knows. kinda in a weird mood these days tbh.

4 hours ago, HonebamiX said:

Nah it's primary use was to blow up fireballs

That was its secondary usage, and even then only against lesser fb chars. Try divekicking a Ryu or Guile and you're taking your life into your hands. 

Even against the chars it worked on, the damage was generally inferior to counter teleport into ground string into imagination, the real answer to fb chars. 

I nearly made vids on "how to have a pocket Juri" based on some of her better MUs. Presumably to followup with how to have a secondary Juri, and how to have a main Juri, but I never did.  I would have started with explaining the proper usage of special moves, since hers are deceptive.  

11 hours ago, Volt said:

I hope SG doesn't go out sad,

It's sorta passed that. 

SG is a cool game, but it's almost a decade old, this is the first new character in 6 years, and isn't even being made by lab zero because it dissolved after Mike Z was a stink pervert in the office. 

10 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

Tubb, Pertho, and I played SG a few months ago.

This was around 9/10 months ago. It was around the time when there were rumors it was going to be a part of EVO online, and I wanted to enter just for the sake of being in an EVO tournament. 

Then we found out that Wiz, like Mike Z, it a stink pervert who was trading tokens for used underwear and dick pics or whatever. 

All in all, 6 years is enough time for a development crew of like 4 people to make a fighter and a full season of DLC. 

For example, Vanilla Skullgirls was developed in less than 3 years, and 2nd encore took 6 years from when they first started development of SG Vanilla. 

They did make the netcode better (yay) and added sonicfox (which pissed a lot of people off) last year. But SG really missed its chance for a resurgence last year with all the creepos ruining their momentum. 

Edited by KingTubb

Capcom cracking me up with this dan drop. 

It seems to me that Dan obviously needed at least a couple more weeks in the oven so they wouldn't drop him with multiple infinites. 

They just had to be relevant when the Strive Beta dropped lololol 

Or maybe this was their plan all along and they're making season 5 the season of Chaos. 

Give rose a gun and a riot shield, fuck it

3 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Capcom cracking me up with this dan drop. 

It seems to me that Dan obviously needed at least a couple more weeks in the oven so they wouldn't drop him with multiple infinites. 

They just had to be relevant when the Strive Beta dropped lololol 

Or maybe this was their plan all along and they're making season 5 the season of Chaos. 

Give rose a gun and a riot shield, fuck it

Nuh uh. You mean a protest shield. After all, she has to protect herself from the other psycho-hooligans.

4 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

These people get on my nerves why are you posting an infinite on fucking Twitter? Keep that shit in your back pocket then run over some poor sap at tournament. 

This person is actually smart. They recognised they have some latent and inescapable form of idiocy since they play Dan, so they have come to the conclusion that they will never play on stream in a tournament, so it's best to share on Twitter for pixellated attention points.

On a side note, taunt cancels are cool. Just wish they weren't on a dirty sock like Dan.

5 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

These people get on my nerves why are you posting an infinite on fucking Twitter? Keep that shit in your back pocket then run over some poor sap at the next tournament. 

1 - Doing that won't get likes and retweets. This is all that Twitter Thots care about.

2 - They probably can't land them on real matches anyway.

3 - They definitely ain't taking Dan to a tournament. 

1 minute ago, Volt said:

1 - Doing that won't get likes and retweets. This is all that Twitter Thots care about.

2 - They probably can't land them on real matches anyway.

3 - They definitely ain't taking Dan to a tournament. 

I know this isn’t a serious reply but 2 and 3 don’t really apply imo. The whole point of that post is that it’s practical to get into, and if Dan has a practical infinite surely that makes tourney viable at the bare minimum.

7 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Why Capcom or every fighting game developer just doesn't send their shit to Desk before dropping it boggles my mind

Like I said, Capcom loves stealing thunder. 

ASW: "Free Beta so we can improve our game and test our servers this weekend!"

CAPCOM:" SEASON 5! DAN! ROSE! NEW COSTUMES! FREE MILKSHAKES!"

ASW: "Neat, cool that you guys are still supporting your game!"

CAPCOM:"WE'LL GIVE YOU 10K FIGHT DOLLARS AND A BACKRUB TO PLAY OUR GAME AND ONLY OUR GAME!"

ASW:"...This is starting to feel a little passive aggressive"

CAPCOM:"IF YOU SIGN THIS CONTRACT TO NEVER PLAY ANOTHER FIGHTING GAME BUT SFV YOU GET THE NEW DAN COSTUME THAT'S JUST DAN'S HEAD ON A NAKED CAMMY BODY! AND A CHUN LI COSTUME WHERE IT'S HER HEAD ON A NAKED DAN BODY!!!! SUBMIT!!!"

ASW:"*sighs* y'all never change

25 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

I know this isn’t a serious reply but 2 and 3 don’t really apply imo. The whole point of that post is that it’s practical to get into, and if Dan has a practical infinite surely that makes tourney viable at the bare minimum.

I'm dead serious about the first point tho. 🤣

13 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Like I said, Capcom loves stealing thunder. 

Hey, at least they actually released something with substance instead of mindnumbing Danposts every time any other FG Company released anything.

3 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

More like valuing the actual quality of your product.

I'll be glad when the SFV talk dies down in a couple of days, that shit is boring as all hells.

I won't say I'll be happy because ultimately, I want all FG Devs to succeed.

But ngl, I did enjoy the Strive takeover. 🤣

It's really awesome to see ArcSys getting so much respect and love because they're always at least trying to do cool and revolutionary stuff with their flagship games.

2 minutes ago, Skort said:

Tbh even with the SFV patch, people here have been talking more about Strive actually.

Yeah, you just have the oddball inbetween here and there who tries to stear the talk to SFV.

What is mind boggling, when Rams Thigh Jiggels are more interesting than SFVs entire patch.