Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 2.0

3 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

If I had to guess the character of Rambo means a lot to Sly and was his second main franchise after Rocky. So he didn't mind doing voice acting even if the money was minimal.

Arnold probably scoffed at the low pay and said it was cool if they got a sound alike.

What gets me is that I have heard better Ahnuld impressions from other people moreso than the one handpicked by Arnold himself.

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

I'm glad you got a whole ass new graphics card to help you duck me.

:coffee:

Also I'm standing here in solidarity with the forced furryfication of @Maxx and he seems to have just stopped posting. Class Consciousness doesn't exist in MegaShock posters. This is why the Modgeoisie take advantage of us by putting animal hairs on our proverbial digital faces.

#StandAgainstForcedFurdom

lol these avs keep getting worse.  I told you there was a LOOOOOT of overlap, no over sell trolling yourself with horrible google image searches my dumb ass was.

8 minutes ago, Angel said:

I told you there was a LOOOOOT of overlap, no over sell trolling yourself with horrible google image searches my dumb ass was.

New ones showed up too.

Googling Furry Naruto is the Lament Configuration of searches. The moment its done pain directly follows. 

Soom Yiffhead is gonna open a portal into my office, shoot fuzzy handcuffs at me and telling how he has "Such Furs to show me".

😭

Edited by Sonero
15 minutes ago, AYO?! said:

You should, the first movie despite changes from the novel is a remarkable film with a message.

Isnt he rescuing POWs in one of the sequels?

Rambo 4 was pretty serious all around. Its weird how the tone changed between movies. Similar thing happened with the Rocky movies. 1 and 2 are pretty serious dramas about a boxer. 3 and 4 got a bit goofy in how they went about certain things. 5 was really solid until the weird street fight.

Five had the robot dancing around for the dick uncle or whatever though.

Old man Rambo is okay I guess, but the violence level borders on comical. PoW one is First Blood Part II I believe and it's really ham-fisting the pro America stuff. Just didn't sit well.

3 is funny though, Rambo wins a 1v1 with an attack Helicopter using a bow.

I dont remember the robor bothering me too much. Not as much as the fact that the movie starts by telling you Rocky has brain damage and has to quit and ends with taking a few head shots. Also goes into his relationship with his son. Rocky 5 is way better than people give it credit for. Most of the issues with the movie is literally the last fight.

Rocky 3 is ridiculous though. 

The only thing I hated about Rocky V was the final uppercut to Tommy Gunn in that last street fight.  It stands out in a bad way; Stallone's fist was like 10 miles away from the guy.... so bad it's noticeable on your first viewing.  I was immediately thinking ---"really...they didn't want to do a re-shoot of that? C'mon now..."  It's a shame because that street fight was GOLD until that point....the action coupled with that awesome theme from Snap---an instrumental version of "Keep it Up", which I still listen to on a regular basis after all these years... it's in my playlist of exercise/work-out theme music.... I don't think that instrumental version was officially released; I found it randomly posted on youtube one day, and if I recall the guy did some tech wizardry there to cut out the movie sounds so you *just* get the music....but yeah, I have both that and the regular version of the song.

listen to this GOLD, folks (this is the regular version with the lyrics)....yes this needs to be in your exercise theme music playlist:

"My ring's outside..."

Edited by MillionX
37 minutes ago, AYO?! said:

Five had the robot dancing around for the dick uncle or whatever though.

That was IV, which was the most silly propaganda movie but at the same time the most 80's movie too? I dunno, the soundtrack and montages are still pretty awesome.....

This sequence in First Blood though...damn....

Probably one of the best Sly performances....

Rocky IV is the shit though, I guess the robot I think is in V because that movie sucks ass, it is mentally dumped together.

It isn't about Americans shoot banging to save other Americans and make a message, nah fam we need to solve the Cold War, RUSSIA AND AMERICA IN FISTICUFFS!

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

I've only seen Rocky 1 and the Creed films.

3 and 4 do a bad job of really getting into the psyche of the situation. 3 starts off that way due to the tension between Rocky and Mickey. Then it devolves into "if you wanna beat a black guy, you gotta stay hungry and train like a black guy. Look at this gym full of hungry balck guys, Rocky. Your italian ass isnt going anywhere if it keeps eating meatballs." Then a montage later, Mr T gets peaced out and the whole thing ends.

Rocky 3 is actually kinda wack tbh. 

6 minutes ago, Lantis said:

Haven't seen GOT, and judging by the fan reaction by the end, I think I'm better off keeping it that way

Haven't seen Breaking Bad or The Office either

There's worse things to watch than all of them shows. 

Or maybe there isn't, i dunno, it's all your opinions, man. And opinions are like assholes, everyone blows them out after thanksgiving dinner, and sometimes you don't mind looking at one. 

Edited by KingTubb

The following video is by the Critical Drinker. The video talks about the subject of "I Am Not Starfire" made by... a fanfiction writer (No, this is not a joke). 

Let's just say that the people behind that project really need to be fired. And, it really goes to show you just how bad this whole recent "woke" activism nonsense has gotten. 

Most people can already tell that this kind of book is *not* going to sell anything, nor is it really going to appeal to most people who *do* enjoy comic books. 

Keep in mind that this situation is just the tip of the of the ice berg.

As a matter of fact: Here is a supplemental video by Ya Boi Zack, who highlights the specifics behind this little... problem. 

A few people here are likely to need a little bit of popcorn or a cup of coffee for these video summaries. I am going to play some Mega Man Legends 2... and then maybe practice some delicious Psylocke combos on MVC2. 

Edited by GreatDarkHero
26 minutes ago, GreatDarkHero said:

Most people can already tell that this kind of book is *not* going to sell anything, nor is it really going to appeal to most people who *do* enjoy comic books. 

Ok, I don't have a horse in this race, but I'm confused as to what's the problem here...The way I see it,  they aren't trying to get comic book fans to buy this. 

It looks like they're more or less making Ladybird in comic book form. It wouldn't make sense if she was good looking and bubbly like her mom. They wanted to make a character that was the exact opposite of starfire. So her being fat, ugly, and queer is the conflict. Her mom has trouble relating to her and she resents her famous mom, amplified cause her mom's starfire. 

They'll probably stock it at the end of the aisle at barns and noble hoping kids will pick it up. The scottish guy even said it was a Young Adult novel. 

I'm not saying it'll be good or bad, I just don't see why anyone would be upset about this. 

Edited by KingTubb
23 minutes ago, GreatDarkHero said:

Let's just say that the people behind that project really need to be fired. And, it really goes to show you just how bad this whole recent "woke" activism nonsense has gotten. 

Keep in mind that this situation is just the tip of the of the ice berg.

This book isn't meant for the direct market. This is OGN so this is going straight to the book market and that's a different audience. That book sounds fucking terrible. 

3 hours ago, Sonero said:

Probably a Chinese factory one. Chinese industrial accidents have lead to a lot of horrific stuff filmed.

I dunno why but I got Mexican vibes from the footage. I can't explain why though because you don't see anything to identify the country.. I guess the way people moved