Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 2.0

19 hours ago, Sonero said:

Pre 9-11 world was goat. Actually, pre-internet taking over world was better for a lot of stuff. Think the disconnect did people a lot of good.

If you grew up in the 80s/90s you had the goos fortune of being able to mess up without the internet holding on to tje evidence for an eternity was a blessing.

Honestly the internet era was fine until social media took off. Once Facebook took over for MySpace, the descent into lunacy began. You weren't ruining somebody's life with those old 144p Real Player videos 

Edited by Darc_Requiem
4 minutes ago, iStu X said:

All the dumb shit I’ve said/did was on the other site which has been nuked to hell so many times due to software changes I never need to worry about it. 

I barely post on fb and mainly use Twitter to follow artists and game companies. 

Word.

All my dumb shit was always on forums. Most of which are either dead or reset.

Imagine being so stupid as to post retarded garbage under your real name

lebron james lol GIF by NBA

7 minutes ago, scorp said:

Imagine being so stupid as to post retarded garbage under your real name

My user name on the other site was my real name though. 

I didn’t care though.  🤷🏻 I’ve never really liked having a nickname and never felt the need to have an Uber 1337 gamer tag. This is the first time I’ve ever really used one. 

I had a family nickname when I was younger but by the time I was in jr. high no one in my family called me by it 

Edit: omg the shrug emote looks Dr. Tran

Edited by iStu X
3 minutes ago, scorp said:

ahahaha OH yea. Well doesn't matter. SRK was a niche site, can't get exposed like you can on FB or Twitter.

Exactly. Iunno, I’ve just never liked the idea of having to use something like a nickname online. My Twitter is my first and last name too. 

i 10000000% get why people do. I just choose not to.

having most my shit set to private/invite only helps a lot too 

Edited by iStu X
1 minute ago, iStu X said:

Exactly. Iunno, I’ve just never liked the idea of having to use something like nickname online. My Twitter is my first and last name too. 

i 10000000% get why people do. I just choose not to.

Makes sense.

My last name is superrrrrrr unique. 

If I was Matt Brown, I wouldn't care. 
But if you knew my last name, you could probably find out where I lived haha

12 minutes ago, scorp said:

Gonna be a lot of sad twerps on Twitter the day that happens.

They are going to have to realize that they can't ruin a persons life from the safety of their home anymore.

Cancel culture is already starting to diminish. More and more of the clowns that purvey are getting their clapped by it. My fear is that cancel culture seems to be a mostly US thing and I feel when its run its course here it'll start elsewhere. 😑

2 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

The only one who has anything to worry about here is Pertho

That dude is a scrub. 👀

29 minutes ago, Angel said:

I bet these were some of the participants.

Bro wtf am I even looking at? Who is the guy in the top left corner?

Edited by Sonero
Also Holy nuts this Furry Naruto thing runs deep. Like runs hella deep. WHY? This ish is killing me.

Way back in ancient times, if people called when you happened to not be at home... they just didn't have any way of getting to you at all...you just weren't available.  It's one of the little reasons I find the cell. phone to be one of the most annoying inventions....now you're *always* available unless you just purposely avoid certain people, going on with a lie like you were actually busy with something at that time.  There's likely some bias here, since I have always had this curse of attracting some of the most annoying people as "friends"....y'know, those people that cause a sour mood whenever you glance at the phone and notice "oh no...it's them..."

Lies are a great thing that makes life generally easier.  I hate that it took a while for me to realize this.  Whoever first said "honesty is the best policy" was either a dumb fuck or...in a particularly amusing bit of irony----lying about it.

We're in an era of "wrong-think" now for sure... so lying is definitely an essential thing.  Social media, for instance--- no way in hell I could "get away with" posting my real opinions in the realm of everyone's favorite toxic topics--- politics and religion... and various things dealing with "men vs. women".  Here and that "other forum" many of us came from...they are basically the only places where I've rambled on and on about my true opinions on certain things.  Life becomes much easier when you learn to just say what they want to hear.  Most people aren't worth the time or stress involved in arguing something anyway.  

Edited by MillionX
3 hours ago, scorp said:

Gonna be a lot of sad twerps on Twitter the day that happens.

They are going to have to realize that they can't ruin a persons life from the safety of their home anymore.

do you remember about 2 months ago when the blue check marks got shut out of their accounts? 

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=blue+checkmakrs+locked+out+of+their+accounts&atb=v78-1&ia=web

The rage was quite a sight to behold.

25 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

So good, thanks. This Kenneth is gonna become a gold mind for clips like this 😆

Dude I hope so, this is some of the metalist shit ive ever heard lmao.

Christianity shoulda tapped into this WAAAAAY sooner.

38 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

You can be a "he" and "they" at the same time, too? 🤔

A lot of trans people who have yet to fully transition use they/them in correlation of their preferred gender pronouns. I have several FtM friends who use They/Them as well as He/Him

They/Them is  also used by Non-Binary people. 

Edited by iStu X
6 hours ago, Deadly_Raver said:

do you remember about 2 months ago when the blue check marks got shut out of their accounts? 

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=blue+checkmakrs+locked+out+of+their+accounts&atb=v78-1&ia=web

The rage was quite a sight to behold.

Like when all those crybabies went to parler to be shitheads

The maga salt has been so awesome especially from those trumpstanners you know

My thing with ellen paige is she has looked like this type of person since forever. Her whole appeal is she looks perpetually underage.

Now will he get the plastic surgery and hormone treatment. Or will they be like the majority of trans and not do anything drastic.

I have trans friends who feel like mainstream/youtube trans people who do the plastic surgery go too hard with that as the true test of how trans are you.

Fuck my friend is trans went from a butch lesbian to the gayest man on earth after hormones and they now a mom after marrying a man.

Where does elliot lay on the spectrum? Who knows

I will say that they will probably still take shits in the girls restroom because that is what happens

Edited by DrLariat

I still wonder where the line is on that with celebrity likeness in other media like gaming... there's some other characters that come to mind that "just happen" to look like celebrities... like a certain boss/villain in Bayonetta happens to look suspiciously like David Bowie.  Ellie is a more blatant example though.... maybe a company is in the clear as long as the character isn't being sold as that person or a character the actor has played before?  ...like it is more than likely a no-go if Coalition went on and used the Arnold-looking T-800 in Gears 5, without him signing off on that. (*I suspect they probably wanted to use the "Arnold" looking version and he declined for some reason...so T-800 is in the game but only as an endo-skeleton version....meanwhile in MK11 they actually have the "Arnold skin" version though he didn't do the voice, unfortunately....so I assume they got the ok from him and his people to use the likeness.)

Edited by MillionX

I can't get enough of this fan-made video all about the character Niklaus Mikaelson... all the clips this person edited together, with the music and everything...it perfectly shows off what a great character this is.... one of my favorite tv characters of all time, actually...

Whenever they inevitably do a remake of TVD/Originals (most likely with an all new cast), it will be tough to see anyone other than Joseph Morgan playing the part....it's like he was destined to be this character.

sheeeittt, this guy's skills are on point, man... check out this one he did for Kai Parker:

^this person should be getting paid for making movie and tv trailers if they aren't already.  This shit is gold.

Edited by MillionX

I'm glad you got a whole ass new graphics card to help you duck me.

:coffee:

Also I'm standing here in solidarity with the forced furryfication of @Maxx and he seems to have just stopped posting. Class Consciousness doesn't exist in MegaShock posters. This is why the Modgeoisie take advantage of us by putting animal hairs on our proverbial digital faces.

#StandAgainstForcedFurdom

Edited by Sonero
8 minutes ago, Lantis said:

I'm just wondering why Sly could voice Rambo in MK 11 but Ahnuld can't diginify himself to do the same for Terminator?

Bad form....

If I had to guess the character of Rambo means a lot to Sly and was his second main franchise after Rocky. So he didn't mind doing voice acting even if the money was minimal.

Arnold probably scoffed at the low pay and said it was cool if they got a sound alike.