Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread

Just now, misterBee said:

Invision Community.  Upgraded to the latest version last night!  Had a hell of a time this week rebuilding the theme for the new version though...

We haven't been on Vanilla since the early SRK2 days.  Vanilla Community version (the kind you can actually install yourself) lags behind their cloud hosted version (the kind you gotta pay to have them host for you) by quite a lot.  They definitely keep the good stuff for themselves as a way to entice you to host your forum through them.  There were a lot of bugs and issues getting things to run on my server after every new patch/version.

Invision has been much more stable though it requires an ongoing license fee.  They also have excellent customer support.

thumbs up soldier. I appreciate all your hard work to help this place feel new and exciting but also very familiar. 

2 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

I'm sad about what happened at srk1,but at the same time I'm glad for the influx of dudes from og SRK to here.

For almost 3 years , it's been just a small handful of folks posting consistently 

Million

Darc Requiem

Deadly Raver

Mister Bee

Me

The lounge  is like 10x active in the last 4 days.

You’re welcome. 

10 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

I'm sad about what happened at srk1,but at the same time I'm glad for the influx of dudes from og SRK to here.

For almost 3 years , it's been just a small handful of folks posting consistently 

Million

Darc Requiem

Deadly Raver

Mister Bee

Me

The lounge  is like 10x active in the last 4 days.

i just hope other people migrate over so new threads get made and/or become more active. I already miss maxx not knowing which their/there/they're to use.

Edited by iStu X

Man it is fun seeing people lose their minds without any real modding. But yeesh some people must be having hard times right now over in the abyss.

So before i started my new job i got hurt at my last job.

They wanted me at work so badly that despite me being on extreme restrictions and leaving in 2 weeks they insisted i work 

So i took 2 weeks off for another disability i had because the pain made my asthma act up and i took 2 weeks off to recover.

They tried fo change my shift to days. but all my physical therapy took place in the morning.

This lead to them keeping me on swing shift. And i peaced out with a goodbye email that read 

"Everybody needs change. Everybody deserves better. Llease take care of each other and our patients. Because some people don't care enough ;)"

It was one of the best feelings leaving the va because all that shit they pulled at the beginning of the pandemic

Edited by DrLariat
2 minutes ago, DrLariat said:

Man it is fun seeing people lose their minds without any real modding. But yeesh some people must be having hard times right now over in the abyss.

They can choose to stay there. But goddamit, maxx and GP are taking their sweet time coming here. 

22 minutes ago, Sonero said:

You're avatar is not even animated.

But you're sporting an afro and MegaShock is about positivity. So we support all people in rocking their natural hair.

🙏

There. It's moving now.

20 minutes ago, M A R T I A N said:

Took you long enough 😤

I tend to be a forgetful hermit so... my bad.

18 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

At our darkest hour, she hath returned..

Perhaps there is hope for 2020!

I wouldn't hold your breath cause I'll probably go back into hiding when the signal is raised again.

But, hey guys. Hope you're all doing well despite 2020 being 2020.

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

Damn, Preppy must be spitting some sick ass game at d3v. He suspended Preppy until new years.

According to preppys profile d3v banned him at the behest of preppy. 

so he’s still trying to act like a martyr who did nothing wrong despite he being the reason what little foundation of $RK had left was obliterated 

Edited by iStu X
On 10/7/2020 at 8:38 AM, Sonero said:

you wanna start a new one way from nutty butters level people?

👀

Totally unnecessary in my view, since accounts are actually obtainable now and there's a guy from Mizuumi willing to help upgrading the server (which is probably 10 years out of date).

If the changes don't materialize then we'll talk about moving it here (that is potentially illegal btw).