Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

19 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Saiyans powers aren't automatic. They still have to be taught ki shenanigans.

Isnt....isnt that what training is? 

19 minutes ago, Maxx said:

But kryptionians automatically show up. 

Under the right circumstances. Even still Clark's trained how to fight if I remember right. 

2 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Isnt....isnt that what training is? 

Under the right circumstances. Even still Clark's trained how to fight if I remember right. 

Clark trained to fight but his abilities came to him naturally. Most versions he starts flying during his sleep and realizes he can do shit.. Also heat vision usually comes up automatically. 

Db world ki manipulation is taught to them by someone else who knows it. I haven't seen any situation where someone figured it out from zero without a teacher 

1 hour ago, Reticently said:

Man, I was hoping the negative comments about the new Matrix were just anti-woke moaning, but that movie just isn't good.  Zero dramatic tension or any reason at all to feel invested in the characters or the plot.  Even the action scenes are tepid AF.

Yeah. I had no interest in watching Matrix 4, but I did hope it could start the new franchise they clearly want strong at least. Nope. This movie just re-affirmed that the Matrix should stay dead until they put competent people on it. It's a shame to see Keanu and Carrie brought back for this.

Completely random, but does anyone know of some bluetooth wireless ear buds that have way the fuck more battery life than average? I have a TV in my bedroom I watch at bedtime, and will often fall to sleep while watching stuff. Of course, my ear buds need charging the next day.

I don't go for the Airpod, completely disconnected type, because I know I'll lose one. But I can make an exception here, since these will just be in my bedroom.

Edited by axeman61
1 hour ago, Reticently said:

Man, I was hoping the negative comments about the new Matrix were just anti-woke moaning, but that movie just isn't good.  Zero dramatic tension or any reason at all to feel invested in the characters or the plot.  Even the action scenes are tepid AF.

It's so bad man. It's like a bad fan film. Some of the concepts were interesting but the execution was awful. Also, the action scenes are so below franchise standard it isn't funny. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem
11 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

I really don't want to watch the train wreck, but my time in this Earth is valuable.

I'm out of town for Christmas. Plus I'm in a weird spot where no games are clicking with me and I don't feel like writing so, I had time to burn.

Edit: I found this BTW

Edited by Darc_Requiem
47 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I found this BTW

Posting how akuma stole Xmas was an age old tradition tradition on $RKfor years. They were posting it even before I even joined $RK back in 06. I can’t remember who originally wrote it but RoninChaos use to post it every year, then Rock and then Boel. 

Edited by iStu X
20 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Post how akuma stole Xmas was an age old tradition tradition on $RKfor years. They were posting it even before I even joined $RK back in 06. I can’t remember who originally wrote it but RoninChaos use to post it every year, then Rock and then Boel. 

OrangeCat.

He made a thread some time before SRK closed the first time in February.

4 hours ago, DarkSakul said:

What you rather be waking up tomorrow?

A baselined Sayian or a baseline Kryptonian? 

And yes you are in this Earth and there no other Supers. 

Easily a Kryptonian.  One priority would be to find as much kryptonite as I can, eventually...so I can eliminate it from the equation....y'know...throw that shit out into space, preferably towards a black hole...or find some way to completely destroy all of it here on Earth.  Then, the only thing I'd have to be concerned about is magical attacks.

Saiyans still require training to get to the cool stuff like Kaioken and beyond.  As a Kryptonian, right away I have flight, super-speed/reactions, incredible levels of superhuman strength, freezing breath, x-ray vision, telescopic and heat vision...and enhanced senses.  This is in addition to having a nearly indestructible body (at the very least, no man-made weapons technology can harm me), and apparently slower aging as an adult.  Basically, nothing is a threat unless other Kryptonians happen to show up one day....or something from another realm that happens to have magic-based attacks.  Even a "weak" version of a kryptonian (that lives here on Earth) by default is pretty ridiculous.  Yeah I'm taking that deal any day.

14 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Speaking of woke, I just watched the season finale of the Wheel of Time. Absolute fucking garbage, and an insult to anyone who has read the books. More like Waste of Time.

I heard this from someone else I know but he's super right wing so his opinions on diversity are pretty shit lmfao. 

Just now, Maxx said:

I heard this from someone else I know but he's super right wing so his opinions on diversity are pretty shit lmfao. 

I am most definitely not super right wing. I had high hopes for the show, loved the casting choices, and after episode 7 it seemed like the showrunner was going to be on track and offer up something awesome. Instead we got horrible fan fiction. The show is a fucking train wreck.

And this is coming from someone who enjoyed The Last Jedi 

oh and the other thing---about being a Kryptonian... I'm not sure if I'd be a hero or not, really... the best the world could get from me is a superhero that occasionally saves people.... I'm the "part-time" superhero at best.  Most of the time, I'd just have fun with my superhuman abilities... like flying or running around the world super-fast simply because I can....and enjoying the fact that even if a military force dropped a nuke on me, that still wouldn't be enough to even seriously injure me.  And yeah, I'd have a harsh way of taking care of things.  Bad guys would get straight up killed.... some of them would be tortured.

I finally started watching Invincible at a friend's house earlier--- oh yeah, I'd definitely want to be a Viltrumite too... seems to be a similar deal anyway.  Heh, oh yeah I'm definitely making my next Saint's Row 4 character to look like Omni Man.  My character on the current play-through was made to look like Homelander.

There's some romcom on in the background as I type this... right from the start, I figured the asian dude that showed up in one of the early scenes was the girl's token "GBF" (gay best friend) they usually are in this sort of thing...and yep, sure enough that's exactly what the deal is.  It's funny how predictable these things are. 🤣

Edited by MillionX
2 minutes ago, MillionX said:

oh and the other thing---about being a Kryptonian... I'm not sure if I'd be a hero or not, really... the best the world could get from me is a superhero that occasionally saves people.... I'm the "part-time" superhero at best.  Most of the time, I'd just have fun with my superhuman abilities... like flying or running around the world super-fast simply because I can....and enjoying the fact that even if a military force dropped a nuke on me, that still wouldn't be enough to even seriously injure me.

I finally started watching Invincible at a friend's house earlier--- oh yeah, I'd definitely want to be a Viltrumite too... seems to be a similar deal anyway.  Heh, oh yeah I'm definitely making my next Saint's Row 4 character to look like Omni Man.

There's some romcom on in the background as I type this... right from the start, I figured the asian dude that showed up in one of the early scenes was the girl's token "GBF" (gay best friend) they usually are in this sort of thing...and yep, sure enough that's exactly what the deal is.  It's funny how predictable these things are. 🤣

Viltrumites are bootleg saiyans. They have to train their powers to get stronger but they most Def don't get to saiyan peaks. Even on a lower end saiyans are planet busters. Omni man took a week? Vegeta blew up planets when he was on the lower tier of things... Shit I think either him or piccolo took out the moon

10 hours ago, Maxx said:

Shit I think either him or piccolo took out the moon

Piccolo did, back when he first kidnapped Gohan to train him, and Gohan accidentally went into Giant Ape form.

So Piccolo blew up the moon back when he couldn't even hold a candle to Raditz.  Though I think DBZ kind of ignores that tidbit afterwards in terms of what it means for power scaling.  Piccolo did that shit in an instant, compared to how long Frieza took to destroy Namek.

Oh yeah, and there's another little annoyance about being a saiyan... as a kid, you'd have a tail until you or someone else cut that off.  Not only is this an obvious problem in the way of "blending in" with humans... it also means that during a full moon, you turn into a giant, rampaging ape... and you tend to not be in control of what happens with that.  I've never been a fan of scenarios where you get incredible powers....but without having control of yourself or even a memory of what happened when you transformed.  As the only saiyan on earth in that scenario... you wouldn't know the deal there, so you'd *accidentally* find out about the whole giant ape transformation, and that's a bit of a messy situation...now you've accidentally destroyed a few cities or countries and drawn all kinds of problematic attention to yourself.

As the kryptonian, you'd just need parents like John and Martha Kent who have the foresight to teach the basic lesson of being discreet about abilities and what you are, and you can successfully blend in as an alien that just happens to look like a human.

Edited by MillionX
On 12/24/2021 at 1:51 PM, Maxx said:

What's funnier is these dudes are gonna be like "yeahhh we triggered the left." "we got em" 

Like this is such a waste of energy 

About that................

Story link:

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/12/go-brandon-dad-talks-trolling-biden-christmas-eve-call-liberals-doxx-try-ruin/

I don't see why everybody is so wound up.  We've been making fun of the president ever since before I was born.  I'd think it was a rite of passage into the office by now.  It isn't worth trying to go after someone's job IMO, but that's how people roll these days.  They take the jokes too seriously, but don't spare that same energy for real life.  Me?  I'm gonna enjoy the show and watch the salt flow.

6 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

The first one to destroy the moon was the goat Roshi

Frieza: "This planet will blow up in five min........"
Roshi: (Blows up the moon) "...........There. that's done.  What were you saying?"

Frieza:  "................. 👀  Well, at least there isn't anybody on namek who can do that so I'm safe."

Piccolo Gets wished back to namek:

Frieza: ".......Fuck it.  5 MINUTES TILL CLOSING EVERYBODY!!"

Edited by Deadly_Raver

Ok, I have encountered the new champion of cookies - Christie Cookies.... "Southern Butter Pecan".  NOTHING else can fuck with it.  I already knew it would be good since duh... it's labeled "southern butter pecan"... but that first taste hit and my taste buds were like the Banderas gif, folks...

netflix antonio GIF

It's taking all the self-control in the world to avoid just finishing the entire box of this off right now.

On 12/25/2021 at 1:47 PM, DarkSakul said:

What you rather be waking up tomorrow?

A baselined Sayian or a baseline Kryptonian? 

And yes you are in this Earth and there no other Supers. 

With the shit you laid out here, definitely Kryptonian.  In one months time I would be ruler of earth.  Y'all would kneel before me or parish. 

17 minutes ago, Lantis said:

Man...this new Matrix movie....kinda blows the big one....can't believe it could get any worse after Revolutions, yet here we are....

You could tell that Yuen Woo-ping is no longer in charge of choreography since all the action scenes are so dull. You're telling me the best move Neo has is his jazz hands?

Reminds me of the fall choreography from Mortal Kombat to Mortal Kombat Annihilation......only far worse. I guess the Iron Fist season 1 team finally got new jobs 👀

Edited by Darc_Requiem

it's a real shame what I'm hearing about this new Matrix film... yeah I actually still had hope, unlike most fans who were already jaded from part 3.

It's a relief now, having this holiday over and done with...so many visits and miscellaneous things to do, and certain people (well, 1 in particular who has an unprecedented level of social "dependency" issues.  People really wouldn't believe it if I told them all the details of this oddball character.  Imagine getting a call that you ignore... then another call from the same person 10 minutes later.... then another call 20 minutes after that, and so on and so forth....then another call on the other phone# since it's the holidays and you're at a relatives house at the moment....then it repeats the following day....because the person also doesn't have much going on in life, and probably never will, really.) calling over and over again forever when I just really want to chill the fuck out.

I noticed another JoJo's show on Netflix earlier today, and watched the first episode...already it's a little more interesting than the one with that blonde main character who is Dio's son.

Edited by MillionX
51 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Reminds me of the fall choreography from Mortal Kombat to Mortal Kombat Annihilation......only far worse. I guess the Iron Fist season 1 team finally got new jobs 👀

I had to be reminded that the Mileena and Sonya mud wrestling contest was something that happened. 😫