Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

41 minutes ago, iStu X said:

My sister and nephew randomly dropped by for a visit. Which is great. My mom has been in really bad health lately so she hasn’t been about to get out of the house much. But man, as much as I love my nephew to death and would pretty much anything for him: he’s a constant reminder of why I never want kids.  

Yeah, there's always a bunch of kids around when I visit family in a non-help situation. Even though I like them while visiting, I would break down day 1  if I had to take care of any of them long term.

looks like a good one... 

the funny/sad thing is that things have recently gotten to the point where there's some Black women need to hear the same basic message....it is unbelievable how some of these girls in recent years are ok with being seen in public in a hair bonnet and house-shoes...haha that's crazy that there's any woman that would need to be reminded of first impressions and how your general presentation matters.  Typically, you'd think women have a better understanding of that than most men.  Sometimes I wonder if they realize just how many dudes are instantly writing them off as worthless when *that* is the kind of first impression they put out there.  The first impression with anyone is critical.  

On another note entirely.... there is no way in the world I'm the only person that keeps thinking Joe Biden looks suspiciously like the aliens from Fire in the Sky

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=fire+in+the+sky+alien&form=HDRSC2&first=1&tsc=ImageBasicHover

Edited by MillionX

After a long time away, Metokur finally went live again recently... it's down but someone reposted it here...that guy's streams were/are consistently hilarious, man...

anyway... I miss those pre-pandemic times of being able to take time off from work... I've forgotten when the last time was where I just took off a day or so as "regular" vacation time instead of time for an appointment with a doc.  It's a bit tough to do that when there's 20 trillion things (many of them time-sensitive) going on at work all the damn time.

On another slightly related note though... the manager above me got a promotion which leaves that spot open soon... but nooooo way in hell I'm applying to that bit of hell there.  It will be interesting to see who is crazy enough to apply for that position. 😆

Edited by MillionX

That gif of that lady reminds me of a conversation I had with my wife.  She'd often criticize anime I watch specifically by saying the 'real boobs don't move like that' and some of it is definitely exaggerated but I had to tell her some of it isn't.  I told her she doesn't realize it most of the time because she's not looking from the other side most of the time.  It wasn't until I pointed out a scene in Alias (which is a show that she loves)  where I specifically mentioned to her the scene where all evil Francine does is take a step back before she gets shot.  It was then that she was like "....huh".

4 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

That gif of that lady reminds me of a conversation I had with my wife.  She'd often criticize anime I watch specifically by saying the 'real boobs don't move like that' and some of it is definitely exaggerated but I had to tell her some of it isn't.  I told her she doesn't realize it most of the time because she's not looking from the other side most of the time.  It wasn't until I pointed out a scene in Alias (which is a show that she loves)  where I specifically mentioned to her the scene where all evil Francine does is take a step back before she gets shot.  It was then that she was like "....huh".

"Dear, you are not the connoisseur of boobs that I am, don't you tell me how 'real boobs move.'" 

I dunno...I see these games with jiggle effects and I dont think them vidya game titties move like real titties.  They look like water sloshing around in a bowl. 

Like I tried some game not long ago...cant remember what its called but it was hot chick slaying bad dudes mmo or some shit.  But the games major selling point - hot nekid chicks.  Anyhow, every time I crouched them titties bounced like a water balloon on a trampoline. lol  When my lady crouches down her titties dont do that.

Edited by Faltimar the Dark
5 hours ago, HD-Man said:

The hurricane has started, causeway is flooded already which means downtown isn't too far behind, which is standard for these sort of storms down here. The strong wind hasn't set in quite yet, Hopefully nothing too bad happens.

Good luck over there.  It's slammin' in Louisiana right now.  Winds blowing, rains falling, and someone's trash can just swam down the street.  hopefully it's from the same person that was laughing because I dragged mine inside the barn.  

On that note, I have a question:  Why is it that the game no man's sky, which crashes not less than a dozen damn times while playing through normally, didn't crash even once in the past four or so hours of play while there's a hurricane blowing through the neighborhood?  I even found a glitch that lets you duplicate stuff, which automatically means infinite money for any and all people with even a hint of greed in them.  I've been cloning up shit from side to side for an hour and the power never even blinked when normally just THINKING about power outages would've put the jinx on it and caused everything to go down.  Meh.  

2 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

I don't understand why the Weather Channel insists on having reporters reporting form the middle of the hurricane. Like, we believe you that Bourbon Street is getting rekt right now, you don't have to endanger some poor report to tell us that, the radars are enough. 

For real.  Everybody already knows that Bourbon street was gonna get clapped, so why do they put some poor bastard out there to risk his/her life for it?  Hell, there's already a street cam pointed towards it, and more people are probably watching it than the news anyway.

.............Yep.  

WARNING:  The chat is going to have some stupid assholes and bots in it.  Viewer discretion is advised.

34 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

hmmm.  Giving a snarky response towards fans' criticism.  I'm sure there is no way that this can go badly for the film in question.

5 minutes ago, Deadly_Raver said:

hmmm.  Giving a snarky response towards fans' criticism.  I'm sure there is no way that this can go badly for the film in question.

Given the fact all of the “criticism” has been incredibly sexist, misogynistic and racist. Yeah, her being snarky, pointing out how stupid their “criticism” is  and simply telling them to stfu is the perfect response 

Lately they've been showing the later seasons of Hogan Family on Antenna TV... the intro segment and theme is so chopped up on those episodes it's just sad, man. (*at least 6 or 7+ cuts, the tempo seemed sped up, and they even cut the last 2 notes off the themesong..skipping to another just to end it that much earlier.  Disgusting.)  That trend was immediately noticeable to me back in the day...and it wasn't that long before the intro for your average tv show was completely gone...for the past 20 or so years now...most shows just start right into the content of the episode.  I figure this is at least partially (or maybe totally) due to a penny-pinch cheapskate mentality of the companies involved (haha as a fellow cheapskate I can sniff that out).... if there's no intro theme music, that completely eliminates the need to pay a person like Bill Conti that had to compose that theme...no need to be on the hook for royalties either.  

It's great that the dvd/blu-ray compilations I've seen so far usually keep the intro intact.  That is a key part of the whole nostalgic feeling for me when watching old stuff like that... like the Transformers DVD collection; I bought that shit immediately when it came out wayyyy back... I think that was in the late 90s.  They even have the commercial bumper segments in there!  I didn't get all of the series though; my priority with that one was season 1 and 2 so I just have that.  I also got the GI Joe dvds right away too.  sidenote there---on Transformers, I preferred the season 2 intro theme and sequence.  That was the best in series to me.

...sad that this is all going away sooner rather than later.  The 90s and early 2000s--- the golden age of physical media....people were still using tapes, cassettes, and the new thing dvds, there is miniDisc, etc....people cared about recording or just buying the stuff they wanted to have.

Edited by MillionX
2 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Depends on the situation, personally I don't think her sarcasm is unwarranted.

eh...attacking the fans even if some are terrible (and let's be real most fandoms have their share of bad fans) isn't the way to go. Ghostbusters 2016, The Last Jedi, He-Man, etc. all had moments of lashing out at fans...and there's way to handle them in a professional way without fighting the very people that make the franchise what it is. 

Who is this adaptation for anyway? I loved Bebop but this obviously isn't targeted at a fan like me. I don't hate it from a design perspective, but I need more than photos. Having said that being that it's based on a medium that is visual, of course many will be critical of the design. She comes off to me a bit...insecure she isn't a perfect match. Now I wouldn't expect a perfect match BUUUUUT...to me this lashing isn't doing the show any favors. 

Edited by TheInfernoman

I'm not going to pretend that I was going to watch Netflix's Cowboy Bebop. Their live action anime adaptations have been trash. So I had no interest in it. I'll give my two cents anyway though. This whole Faye situation is silly for multiple reasons. All this dancing around the issue is pointless. They thought the costume was too sexy so they redesigned it. That's truth of the matter. People were going to be mad regardless, so just cop to why you did it. All these "explanations" about it being impractical are BS. It's just them refusing to stand behind their decision. Which in turn gives  ammo to people that want to be mad about everything anyway. So instead of them making their one video and moving on the next thing. It becomes an on going thing.

This reminds me of my 8th Grade Spanish class. Our teacher wanted to take us on a trip to Mexico. She asked the school about it. Instead of saying no. They said yes with caveats. Our teacher would me their conditions, they'd add more, and this process repeated throughout the year. The end result was we didn't have time to raise the money to go.  Our teacher got so pissed about it, she quit at the end of the school year. If they would have told her no upfront, she wouldn't have been happy but she wouldn't have quit. So the school lost a teacher that knew five languages and had worked in the White House because they couldn't just be upfront about things. The woman was way over qualified, could of been doing other things for much higher pay, but she wanted to teach kids and they ran her off.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

^damn that's harsh man...  3 hours out of a whole week is laughable.  My friend who has been a "family man" for the past 20 or so years actually gets more game-time than that.

Sheeeittt, 3 hours is just a piece of a Saturday or Sunday.  The good ol' days of childhood... every day was game-time, as it should be.  The only typical rule imposed was of course that I needed to finish homework before I could get to my games.

y'know what would be a cool superpower----imagine if you could "block" and absorb energy (even kinetic) with one arm, then release said energy from the other one....or maybe for a time you could just store that energy before releasing it right away.... so you could theoretically just block unbelievable force and energy with that arm just as effectively as if that was Captain America's shield....then release either concussive blasts or super-powered punch(es) from the other arm.  I'd prefer my left side be the absorbing arm, and the right side is the one that unleashes Hell.

ha, man... imagine you block the force of a speeding train, so now you can release a blast or punch with that same level of force from your other arm.... heh, even more OP... what if the stored energy can be amped before you release it... oh yeah this is shamelessly stolen from that sick captain "Ukitake" in Bleach manga/anime.  One of the things I loved about that manga was that it had so many interesting powers.

1 hour ago, MillionX said:

y'know what would be a cool superpower----imagine if you could "block" and absorb energy (even kinetic) with one arm, then release said energy from the other one....or maybe for a time you could just store that energy before releasing it right away.... so you could theoretically just block unbelievable force and energy with that arm just as effectively as if that was Captain America's shield....then release either concussive blasts or super-powered punch(es) from the other arm.  I'd prefer my left side be the absorbing arm, and the right side is the one that unleashes Hell.

ha, man... imagine you block the force of a speeding train, so now you can release a blast or punch with that same level of force from your other arm.... heh, even more OP... what if the stored energy can be amped before you release it... oh yeah this is shamelessly stolen from that sick captain "Ukitake" in Bleach manga/anime.  One of the things I loved about that manga was that it had so many interesting powers.

This is more or less what Sebastian Shaw’s mutant power is. He absorbs kinetic energy with his body and redistribute it as super strength or endurance. 

Edited by iStu X
14 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

eh...attacking the fans even if some are terrible (and let's be real most fandoms have their share of bad fans) isn't the way to go. Ghostbusters 2016, The Last Jedi, He-Man, etc. all had moments of lashing out at fans...and there's way to handle them in a professional way without fighting the very people that make the franchise what it is. 

Who is this adaptation for anyway? I loved Bebop but this obviously isn't targeted at a fan like me. I don't hate it from a design perspective, but I need more than photos. Having said that being that it's based on a medium that is visual, of course many will be critical of the design. She comes off to me a bit...insecure she isn't a perfect match. Now I wouldn't expect a perfect match BUUUUUT...to me this lashing isn't doing the show any favors. 

She ain't even really lashing out so much as pointing out in a sarcastic manner how ridiculous some people are being.  She's didn't specifically call anyone stupid or insult anyone.   And again this sarcasm is only pointed at the people who specifically targeting her because the feel that she doesn't fit their idea of what Faye is...whether that be woman dressed up in a hooker outfit with her shorts wedged firmly in her cheeks or remarking about her body figure not matching up.  This isn't even something anywhere near something like Tameem shitting on DMC fans and shitting on the DMC IP as a whole, I'm seeing this as a tongue and cheek response to something that doesn't really matter in the long run regarding the character.

The adaptation is for both fans and potentially for people who may not have even bothered to watch Cowboy bebop (much less an anime in general).  I'm reserving judgement personally on it cause honestly I don't have much to go on aside from the pictures.  If I'm going JUST by the pictures than it looks promising in terms of set design and how the characters in general look but the main thing that's going to make or break it is the script and acting.  Doesn't matter whatever character is wearing if they don't get the spirit of the characters down so I need at least like 2-3 trailers to even form any type of feeling towards this.