Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

Had to take a quick look at the National Hurricane Center and I'm guessing they'll update on the cyclone formation in the gulf later cause they don't have it right now.  I'm seeing that Ida's remnants are expect to roll through a few states and I think I'm in the path of that so we're probably looking at tornadoes whenever that happens....PERFECT.

I'm seeing Kate churning out there and there's a another system with a 60% chance developing right off of Africa...That one feels ominous if it's at 60% all the way over there so I'm hoping that one turns the other way before it hits us

sheeeittt, the real deal is when a place has a half-pound or full 1-pound burgers.  My favorite of all time was this place "Fuddruckers", which sadly doesn't exist here anymore.  The order was never wrong since they give you the basic burger, and you add whatever extras yourself....for extremely picky people like me, that works out perfectly.  The Fuddruckers 1-pound burger was truly a legend...and it wasn't 2 half-pound patties like some places might do....it was 1 giant burger patty on extra large toasted burger buns.  It was glorious perfection.

michael fassbender perfection GIF

*back then, I had the luxury of being able to eat like a morbidly obese person, without working out, while still being slim and trim.  Oh yeah, I'd have an order of fries with this 1-pounder...and sometimes a milkshake too, or just a large drink.  I loved seeing people's reaction when I told them about that.  There was 1 time I almost puked but other than that it was almost always fine.

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Edit: Damn YouTube rabbit hole trying to kill a brotha.

🤣🤣🤣

I LOVE that skit. The slow head turn gets me every time.

Off topic: if you're a little sick in the head and like to see people shit-talk COVID before catching it (and sometimes dying), I just found a subreddit called the Herman Cain Award: https://www.reddit.com/r/HermanCainAward/

It's dedicated to what I just said.

Edited by axeman61
25 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

I LOVE that skit. The slow head turn gets me every time.

Off topic: if you're a little sick in the head and like to see people shit-talk COVID before catching it (and sometimes dying), I just found a subreddit called the Herman Cain Award: https://www.reddit.com/r/HermanCainAward/

It's dedicated to what I just said.

Yeah someone just told me about the Herman Cain Award yesterday via the twitter page  and it's just completely full head shaking stuff. 

Edit:  Some of the comments on the facebook pages of the deceased have NO CHILL

Edited by Sonichuman

This whole thread is great:

7 hours ago, MillionX said:

My favorite of all time was this place "Fuddruckers", which sadly doesn't exist here anymore.

Though the corporate owners folded, eliminated the brand, and closed locations nationwide, the South Florida locations and rights(?) were purchased by a single family for private ownership, and they are still allowed to operate those stores as Fuddruckers. Been to one of them recently—busy with people coming in and out the entire time I was there. Awesome as ever.  Meat is properly seasoned and tasty and their offerings of big burgers like the 1 pounder aren't a gimmick to sell shitty meat. Buns are delicious, buttered and toasted. Fresh toppings and the godlike cheese sauce for fries at the toppings bar still there. Pretty sure the owning family were og fans of Fuddruckers and knew what made them good and strive to maintain that quality.

1 hour ago, Saikyotic said:

This whole thread is great:

Though the corporate owners folded, eliminated the brand, and closed locations nationwide, the South Florida locations and rights(?) were purchased by a single family for private ownership, and they are still allowed to operate those stores as Fuddruckers. Been to one of them recently—busy with people coming in and out the entire time I was there. Awesome as ever.  Meat is properly seasoned and tasty and their offerings of big burgers like the 1 pounder aren't a gimmick to sell shitty meat. Buns are delicious, buttered and toasted. Fresh toppings and the godlike cheese sauce for fries at the toppings bar still there. Pretty sure the owning family were og fans of Fuddruckers and knew what made them good and strive to maintain that quality.

How is that everyone looks off except Vega? You can't make this shit up 🤣

So, they watched a video of the infamous "Skippy" guy last night on F&F to get the girls' reactions to it (timestamped) 

At this point, Skippy must be an internet classic of cringe material.  It's gold every time.  One of the girls brought up a good point that he must not have had a lot of guy friends to help him out in terms of social development.  Usually, you'd expect friends to give at least some level of "tough love" like "heyyyy man...don't do that...that's not a good look..."  I'd agree; I doubt he has had that kind of direction/advice at any point at least during the formative adolescence and teen years.  Skippy also seems like more perfect evidence for why "Just be yourself!" doesn't work for everyone, and is really some half-ass, bad advice, imo.

11 hours ago, Saikyotic said:

So that's why the locations in Miami-dade are still running.

Rip lil miguel. Went to auto zone near my house and some lil kid was on a scooter, his mom came out with flip flops on pissed. I guess he wasn't supposed to be outside the car. She started to walk to him and he took the fuck off. He looks like he's around 7-8. His mom fucking took off in fucking flip flops, she was fucking fast for someone in flip flops but ended up tripping on a curb. He eventually came back but was Ballin his eyes out. Because he knows he is 100% gettin his ass beat tonight lmfao. 

Props to his mom for being that fucking fast in flip flops lmfao. I woulda tripped after step 2

hell yeah, LA by Night's new season begins this Friday, I see...I'll probably have to just catch the replay on youtube... for some reason twitch just never works well for me (*I suspect it's just the generally shitty status of my ISP/connection...as a result, I haven't watched anything on twitch in several months; probably a year at this point.)

Edited by MillionX
45 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

That's interesting. I remember I told you guys last year I got Covid, haven't been sick since. I think yall mentioned me getting antibodies or something like that. Not sure if this is true, but a decent read

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-08-27/previous-covid-prevents-delta-infection-better-than-pfizer-shot

This is good (relatively speaking), however, this is going to get taken completely out of context. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124

a reminder of how ridiculous Galactus is....he is capable of much more than "just" eating planets, folks

..and hell yeah I'd take the deal of being a herald of Galactus....I'd get to explore the universe, possibly for the rest of time finding new worlds for him to consume...and in return I get a portion of Power Cosmic and knowledge of how to use it.  Hell YEAH I'd take that deal without a second thought.

edit--imagine what a being like Silver Surfer or any of the heralds can do with all that power in their free time... the only possible downside here is that maybe they don't have much free time if the job of working for "Big G" there is much more involved and time-consuming than we think.

Edited by MillionX

AM is on spittin' hard truths once again as usual

*edit---well the vid isn't there anymore... annoying he tends to do that; that's the only thing I don't really like about how he does things lately....eh, his channel his rules then.

*note---shouldn't there be an age limit on Presidency?  Just off the top of my head I figured Joe was the oldest...looked it up and yep that is exactly the case.  The guy was 78 when he became the President....and leading up to that, some people were already questioning and wondering if he's "all there" or not... I don't think he is either, and behind the scenes, this is probably the first term of the Kamala presidency.  He's barely there, it seems... like Reagan towards the end.

I'll be so glad when this goddamn week is over... I'll just say there's many times since the pandemic era began where this job makes me want to break something or someone....repeatedly.  It's fortunate that I do a great job of hiding my anger management issues.

Edited by MillionX
2 hours ago, VirginDefiler said:

new documentary on SF2

The guy in charge of this upcoming documentary actually does some good (imo)retrospectives on many classic  films on youtube.

I've been subscribed to his channel for the last few months.

They're long, and even touch on the video game aspects , but I find them enjoyable.

Here's the account

Oliver Harper

https://www.youtube.com/c/OliverHarper/videos