Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

5 hours ago, Maxx said:

Same. Plus the creator clearly has a huge inspiration from black culture.. Every single project he injects a heavy influence from style to music. 

Meanwhile in incel land.. Nigga crying about Faye not wearing her costume that has no bearing on the story or character. Calling her ugly anyways, and talking about how she's Mexican. Which is hilarious because unless they told me I'd legit had no fucking idea. These dudes will do anything to shit on people when that never played an important role. 

My personal stance is as long as it doesn't affect the character I'm all for race swapping. But for cowboy bebop its like.. Who the fuck is what race? Nigga is named spike spiegel which is German.. You got jet who everyone I knew thought was black til this week and Faye coulda been any light skinned race 🤷🏾

In the case of the anime, her costume was a conscious choice by the character and an aspect of her characterization. Essentially, she dressed that way to exploit her looks and take advantage of simps. Changing the outfit does change part of her characterization. Now they just need to do it well.

Apple Will Let Developers Tell Customers About Alternative Payment Methods in Major Policy Shift

Tim-Cook-before-iPhones-640x480.jpg

Apple has reportedly agreed to allow app developers to contact users to inform them about alternative payment options outside of the Apple app store ecosystem, marking a serious departure from the company’s previous policies. Apple takes up to 30 percent of revenues from developers for all purchases made within the app store, and is embroiled in a major lawsuit with Fortnite developer Epic Games over developers’ right to deal with customers directly.

CNBC reports that tech giant Apple has agreed to allow iOS app developers to contact users via email about alternative purchase options, potentially allowing users to avoid paying for apps via Apple’s App Store ecosystem. This could allow developers to completely bypass the 15 percent to 30 percent fee Apple charges in App Store payment fees.

Previously, Apple required all app makers to direct users to Apple’s websites to pay for apps when contacting them via email. Now, developers are permitted to use information obtained via their apps — such as user email addresses — to contact customers and offer alternative methods to pay for the app.

Apple said in a press release:

To give developers even more flexibility to reach their customers, Apple is also clarifying that developers can use communications, such as email, to share information about payment methods outside of their iOS app.

As always, developers will not pay Apple a commission on any purchases taking place outside of their app or the App Store. Users must consent to the communication and have the right to opt out.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/26/apple-will-allow-developers-to-email-customers-to-bypass-app-store-billing.html

1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

It's a rather dull city, but anything in particular you've heard so I can confirm? 

I had a friend in high school who said "I enjoy some things about Alabama, but I fucking hate Mobile."

He then proceeded to talk about the infamous leprechaun tv news special, and said that it's not unusual for people there lol.

He basically described it as black rednecks.

1 hour ago, Scanman said:

I had a friend in high school who said "I enjoy some things about Alabama, but I fucking hate Mobile."

He then proceeded to talk about the infamous leprechaun tv news special, and said that it's not unusual for people there lol.

He basically described it as black rednecks.

LOL first of all, the leprechaun thing is hilarious. 

And Mobile is basically a dull, slow paced retirement city and our governer of Alabama is incompetent. But as long as you stay away from the dangerous neighborhoods, you should be good

There is fuckery abound tho, like some weird shit on occasion but not like Atlanta weird 😂

Edited by HD-Man
7 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Seems like Hurricane Ida is gonna be a 3.Looks like we may only get rain cuz as of now it'll curve around us, but shit can change 

EDIT: now it's a 4, FUCK!! 

man I went to the store to scoop up some last minute food just in case the power goes out.  The bread isle was destroyed.  The ramen?  Wrekt.  Snack cakes?  SNATCHED.  Juice?  Jacked.  I've got a good number of cans of soup over here, but I thought I'd top it off before things hit.  NOPE!!  With luck the storm won't knock out power over here. If so, there's gonna be some mad and hungry fuckers running around.  

36 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Be extra safe dude, it's definitely gonna get ugly in New Orleans. Keep us updated to make sure you're still in the world of the living 

New Orleans was gonna be ugly whether the storm hit it or not.  

Jokes aside, I am worried for them.  I remember going down there possibly six months after Katrina hit.  It was SO damn fucked up even after clean up and the ride down there was damn near haunting.  Here's hoping that the boot doesn't get kicked this time.

no matter what city we're talking about...those other places can always have a motto of inspiration: "Hey, at least we aren't Memphis, TN, right?  HAHAHAHA!"  heh, trash-ass city... ohhh man I never get tired of the cheap shots.  I remember when my friend would bring up the fact that it looks like they're gentrifying some areas of the city...I'm thinking ---nahhhh there's not enough gentrification in the world that can fix that shit-pile.  Think of every negative stereotype concerning Black people, and that city has it x10000000+...in addition to some you probably forgot or didn't think of just now.  No, there is no hope.  There's some other things from there I notice from our perspective at work but of course I'll refrain from mentioning that....but it's to the point where it's a recurring joke with some of us behind the scenes like "...M-town, right?  Haha...of course."

1 hour ago, MillionX said:

no matter what city we're talking about...those other places can always have a motto of inspiration: "Hey, at least we aren't Memphis, TN, right?  HAHAHAHA!"  heh, trash-ass city... ohhh man I never get tired of the cheap shots.  I remember when my friend would bring up the fact that it looks like they're gentrifying some areas of the city...I'm thinking ---nahhhh there's not enough gentrification in the world that can fix that shit-pile.  Think of every negative stereotype concerning Black people, and that city has it x10000000+...in addition to some you probably forgot or didn't think of just now.  No, there is no hope.  There's some other things from there I notice from our perspective at work but of course I'll refrain from mentioning that....but it's to the point where it's a recurring joke with some of us behind the scenes like "...M-town, right?  Haha...of course."

What's so bad about it? The only thing I've ever heard about Memphis is that you can go to an old area of the city and listen to jazz.

That and there's a basketball team there that's usually mediocre.

Your average school, the public ones especially... are like that shitty school in the movie "Lean On Me"...except much worse...  with no Mr. Clark to whip the little dumbasses into shape.  Even IF another "Mr. Clark" showed up, it's not like anyone from my generation at the time or any younger gen would have any respect for him.  It's a mixture that results in a big shit sandwich that will last forever at this point... no father in the picture in probably most homes...+ a lot of hoodrat, half-ass "mothers" that don't really deserve the title of motherhood, which helps perpetuate the cycle of worthless shitty kids that grow up to be shitty people that only aspire to be a stereotype like "Deebo from Friday", or any of the often criminal images promoted in various rap videos (or any movies featuring gangsters).  Naturally the girls will go for that shit too, which is another thing that helps keep the cycle going.  

In the 90s when our own Triple 6 Mafia was about at the peak of their popularity, "Tear Da Club Up" may as well have been the anthem that most seemed to embrace with pride...sometimes literally tearing a club up in the process.

The "Nigga Moment" as described in Boondocks---that shit always reminded me of a good summation of what Memphis is, just generally speaking.  Also---the women.... think of the loud-mouth ratchet as hell hoodrat muthafucka that proudly goes out in house-shoes and now a hair-bonnet, with presumably no shame (*and most likely with her 4 or 5 children all by different guys....some of which are currently in prison), who sounds like Gangsta Boo from Triple 6 Mafia (*her big hit solo was "Where Dem Dollars At?").  That's just the "average" right there if I'm being "nice".  ZERO feminine attributes and demeanor, zero shame....and a natural tendency towards criminal behavior and attitudes.  If one meets a girl that's nice and feminine, respectable, etc....actually soft-spoken, etc... demure all that good stuff---chances are high that she is NOT a true "native" there.  She moved from somewhere else. 😆  This reminds me--- throughout my life, whenever people assume I'm from somewhere else...or are surprised to find out I grew up there (*usually it seems to be because I speak clear, proper English without a noticeable accent/dialect), I've always taken that as a compliment, even if it was an unintended one.  

***it would be interesting to get in a time-machine and see what it was like in the past.  Things seemed to go downhill pretty fast with MY generation (X) for some reason.  My dad blames his gen (Boomers) for not really raising Gen-X "correctly" but I don't think that's the case.  

ONE POSITIVE = The local newswomen are ridiculously hot at least.  For a long time, Nashville wasn't even close in this category, but in recent years they caught up so things have evened out on that front.

Edited by MillionX
56 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Be safe, man. Are you pretty far inland, away from the coast?

I'm a good ways inland.  The worst of it will be done before it can reach me, but that doesn't mean it won't still be bad when it reaches where I am.  My biggest worry is power outages.  Here's hoping the power doesn't go out for a week again.  People around here try to act stupid when they don't see lights on in houses.

Edited by Deadly_Raver
13 hours ago, Scanman said:

Is Mobile as bad as everyone says?

Couple of good spots I found while in Mobile. The hotel the wife and I stayed in while we were headed to Florida was in the Historic district of town, and was pretty good. For breakfast, Mo' Bay Beignet Co on Dauphin St is the real deal, but to avoid waiting upwards of an hour; you'd need to go early.

Edited by YourFavGrandpa
Who are you, my mother? Why are you asking me these questions?

Cheerios/General Mills just continues to stomp the competition, man... now I've noticed another one---Cheerios Oat Crunch Cinnamon!  It's tough to pick which one I like the best now---Oat Crunch Almond, Oat Crunch Honey, and now this Cinnamon version.  One thing is for sure, this Cheerios "series" is now the God King of cereals.  The other ones can only hope to come close to this greatness.

I picked this up from Target earlier---while there I was looking for new shirts... to my surprise, their selection of men's shirts was pitiful!  All I wanted was a few new "Polo-style" casual shirts....when the fit is right (a bit snug), that kind of shirt looks incredible on me.  They had just a few of those...everything else was ugly nonsense.  This may be since the summer is about over, perhaps.  I did pick up one for cheap at least---it was about 15 bucks.  

Cheerios/General Mills just continues to stomp the competition, man... now I've noticed another one---Cheerios Oat Crunch Cinnamon!  It's tough to pick which one I like the best now---Oat Crunch Almond, Oat Crunch Honey, and now this Cinnamon version.  One thing is for sure, this Cheerios "series" is now the God King of cereals.  The other ones can only hope to come close to this greatness.

I picked this up from Target earlier---while there I was looking for new shirts... to my surprise, their selection of men's shirts was pitiful!  All I wanted was a few new "Polo-style" casual shirts....when the fit is right (a bit snug), that kind of shirt looks incredible on me.  They had just a few of those...everything else was ugly nonsense.  This may be since the summer is about over, perhaps.  I did pick up one for cheap at least---it was about 15 bucks.  

I never used to care for Cheerios, but they have one of my favorite versions in recent years- Pumpkin!

For regular all year  ones, Im partial to Multigrain Cheerios.

I'm gonna look for that cinnamon one next time I hit the store.  The honey one is in my top spot at this time, but the almond isn't to be slept on.  A nice bowl of that while I've got either a pen or a controller in the other hand makes my day go great.

EDIT:  Also, on the shirt thing:  I daresay go online to search for good stuff.  I'm no fashion man, but the local stores have NOTHING worth putting on your back if you have more than minimum wage coming in.

Edited by Deadly_Raver

For those looking for an escape to their childhood, Hasbro uploaded Season 1 of Transformers to YouTube

MTMTE Pt. 1

Hasbro Pulse Channel 

https://www.youtube.com/c/hasbropulse/videos

I always felt that G1 Season 1 Intro is the best animated cartoon intro to date! It sets up the premise, displays the product line, and showcases the play pattern in under a minute.  

Edited by OPTIMUS124