Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

6 minutes ago, iStu X said:

This is legit one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen 

Snip

LMAO, i wasn't expecting to hear Don Chezina's Tra, Tra on that meme.

That song is a "classic" from my youth, everyone around my age was perreando (dancing) to that shit when we were teens.

it's just fascinating to continually analyze the character flaws of some people...especially when they have so many. (I actually started keeping a list of them for this person; saved as notes on my phone.) I was just laughing to myself about a friend I knew for many years... I forgot what grade this was but it was high school...probably around 11th or 12th for him I guess.  There was one year where his mom got him a car for Christmas.  Naturally, for your average high school kid... this should be a big deal.... but no, not him.  Dude sounded down in the dumps, and his reasoning was --"well, I aint got no money so....nowhere to go."  haha hopefully he at least *faked* being hyped for mom when he got that car....instead of his true reaction of "eh...ok I guess..."  So yeah--he's a bit of an ingrate, on top of so many other negative things.

This is the same person who has no shame about just straight up asking if you can hook him up with a game, btw....and not just the regular edition either... naturally he will ask for the hook-up on whatever "Legendary Edition" there is if it has that option.  Grown-ass dude just asking other dudes for shit like he was still a 9-year old asking his parents for something.(then probably wonders why most people tend to avoid him 🤣)  Seriously strange shit if ya ask me; I just can't relate... there's another old buddy I know from college that makes WAY more money than I do (and his wife makes even more), and I would feel awkward and embarrassed about asking him for anything, like a bum that needs a handout.

Edited by MillionX

Some people get used to low standards of living and doing the bare minimum to sustain them. I had an alcoholic uncle who existed only because my Grandpa, mom, and aunts still loved him somehow. He was an alcoholic fuck up since before I came out of the womb. Bumming from family and couch surfing with other addicts was his way to survive. As soon as you get used to it, begging is easy I guess. Shame goes out of the window.

That randomly reminds me: wasn't there someone who got a new car and had a bum friend ask him if he could just have the old one? As in, not pay for it. Just have it. This goes way back to perhaps pre-reactions on old SRK, but I'm wondering.

Edited by axeman61

Well, today in the race-bending token characters game, there's that character that was previously played by Brad Pitt from Interview with a Vampire:

https://screenrant.com/interview-vampire-show-cast-louis-jacob-anderson/

Ann Rice and her son are executive producers so I suppose they are ok with that for some silly reason....at least they didn't go the completely ridiculous route of having a dude that's Bill Duke level blackness play the character that is a rich white plantation owner in 1791....that 100x Blackness wouldn't really fly for most people on a character like that.

I think some of these show-runners and casting directors do stuff like this for the more sneaky reason -- that it's bound to make headlines and get people talking.  Y'know, the mentality of "no such thing as bad publicity", basically.

Meanwhile in CW-land, I'm hoping they just gave up on trying to get that Lost Boys tv show going.  It's been in apparent development-hell for quite a long time now; they've probably just dropped it in the trash at this point.  This is present-day CW we're talking about, so you can imagine the results... 🤣

[Verse 1]
I am back here once again
In the mist
In the mist without sight
I thought I fought my way back
Now I'm afraid
I'm afraid to lose hope
Will I ever be the man
In control
In control of his world?
Open wounds that will not heal
Pull me back
Pull me back inside

[Pre-Chorus]
And I
I was always on the side
Of conformities and pride
Had no shelter from the rain
And I
I was always on the side
So I kept my little lie
To be safe from what may come

[Verse 2]
To be alone inside of my thoughts
A state that I tend to avoid
But if I can't get to them
I think no one can
Moving forward from the lens
I'm afraid this is how I've become
How can I sort it out
When I don't even know what I'm looking for?
If I only knew that at least I could deal with it
I don't even have a plan
On how to move forward from here

[Pre-Chorus]
And I
I was always on the side
I
I was always on the side
So I kept my little lie

[Chorus]
Oh, my life Is on hold
In this moment
There is nothing here but darkness
My life is on hold
It's on hold
Until I figure this mess

[Verse 3]
I hold my breath and count to ten
Maybe then
It will all go away
Distractions, strategies may work
But only
Only for so long

[Pre-Chorus]
And I
I was always on the side
I
I was always on the side
So I kept my little lie
Come

And I
I was always on the side

[Chorus]
My life Is on hold
In this moment
My life is on hold
It's on hold
Until I figure this mess
My life Is on hold
In this moment
My life is on hold
It's on hold
It's on hold
Until I figure out this mess

y'know, oddly enough I don't really mind the race-swap on Jet in that upcoming live-action Cowboy Bebop... I think it's just because Jet's voice in the dub already sounds like a black guy anyway so...when I think of that character, the voice is what I think of mostly, and it just doesn't sound like a white character at least to me....at least visually they could've probably used a light-skinned black guy instead I guess.  Anyway, I'm never wanting to see a live-action version of any anime in the first place though.  

the first episode of Ancient Aliens happens to be on right now... I forgot this show is so old now---this originally aired in April 2010!

Edited by MillionX
25 minutes ago, MillionX said:

y'know, oddly enough I don't really mind the race-swap on Jet in that upcoming live-action Cowboy Bebop... I think it's just because Jet's voice in the dub already sounds like a black guy anyway so...when I think of that character, the voice is what I think of mostly, and it just doesn't sound like a white character at least to me....at least visually they could've probably used a light-skinned black guy instead I guess.  Anyway, I'm never wanting to see a live-action version of any anime in the first place though.  

I see it this way. If the race of the character isn't a core element, it's fair game. 

Also to your last point. . . I give zero about this adaptation. 

44 minutes ago, MillionX said:

the first episode of Ancient Aliens happens to be on right now... I forgot this show is so old now---this originally aired in April 2010!

I had to double check to be sure but Jet in english is voiced by a black guy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beau_Billingslea

and I do agree that Jet seemed to give off a "I'm black" vibe for me so I didn't even see it as a race swap.

Edit: I did not know his guy also voiced the english 4th Raikage and playing both characters in my head now I can hear it.

Edited by Sonichuman
6 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

speed chases are the best

Is it me or has the quality and memorability of background music in cinema taken a dive in the last 10 years?  I can barely remember any recent movie leitmotifs or tracks that truly elevated action sequences in the same way these did and helped them stay memorable save for Endgame when they used the Avengers leitmotif when Cap tells everyone to assemble ( still gives me goosebumps every time).  I know people are divided on the matrix sequels but any time I hear  "Burly Brawl" or "Mona Lisa Overdrive", the scenes immediately start playing in my head perfectly.

31 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Is it me or has the quality and memorability of background music in cinema taken a dive in the last 10 years?  I can barely remember any recent movie leitmotifs or tracks that truly elevated action sequences in the same way these did and helped them stay memorable save for Endgame when they used the Avengers leitmotif when Cap tells everyone to assemble ( still gives me goosebumps every time).  I know people are divided on the matrix sequels but any time I hear  "Burly Brawl" or "Mona Lisa Overdrive", the scenes immediately start playing in my head perfectly.

ABSOLUTELY! I think character themes in relation to scenes are becoming a lost art.

sheeeittt, Matrix Reloaded soundtrack is LEGEND status, man.  I bought that ASAP when it came out and have listened to many of the tracks on a regular basis ever since.  Burly Brawl, Chateau and Tetsujin are my favorites on there....imo those 3 are some top contenders for "greatest action music of all time".... I'd love to have directed an action sequence to those... here was Chateau to refresh the memory of those who forgot the greatness:

It was and still occasionally is my theme music for any kind of high-action gaming session too.. (*it's also in my exercise playlist as well)...it's perfect "in the zone" stuff, for when you're an unstoppable force that's crushing all your enemies with no problem.  That shit is a 10 out of 10 for me.

2 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Movies are made a lot differently these days than they were "back in the day" and while I think most movie music has been there to subtly enhance the vibe of a scene, with all the CGI and computerized stuff they use today, subtlety is pretty much out the window in big budget movies. The music in a lot of movies I've seen lately is a buffer between the dialogue and whatever sound effects are going on more than anything else.

5 hours ago, iStu X said:

I’ve always figured Jet was black. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Same. Plus the creator clearly has a huge inspiration from black culture.. Every single project he injects a heavy influence from style to music. 

Meanwhile in incel land.. Nigga crying about Faye not wearing her costume that has no bearing on the story or character. Calling her ugly anyways, and talking about how she's Mexican. Which is hilarious because unless they told me I'd legit had no fucking idea. These dudes will do anything to shit on people when that never played an important role. 

My personal stance is as long as it doesn't affect the character I'm all for race swapping. But for cowboy bebop its like.. Who the fuck is what race? Nigga is named spike spiegel which is German.. You got jet who everyone I knew thought was black til this week and Faye coulda been any light skinned race 🤷🏾

6 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Same. Plus the creator clearly has a huge inspiration from black culture.. Every single project he injects a heavy influence from style to music. 

Meanwhile in incel land.. Nigga crying about Faye not wearing her costume that has no bearing on the story or character. Calling her ugly anyways, and talking about how she's Mexican. Which is hilarious because unless they told me I'd legit had no fucking idea. These dudes will do anything to shit on people when that never played an important role. 

My personal stance is as long as it doesn't affect the character I'm all for race swapping. But for cowboy bebop its like.. Who the fuck is what race? Nigga is named spike spiegel which is German.. You got jet who everyone I knew thought was black til this week and Faye coulda been any light skinned race 🤷🏾

When it comes to Faye I always saw her as a light skinned Asian or someone with a European background like Italian or Spaniard 

Edited by iStu X