Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

55 minutes ago, MillionX said:

annnnd it's showtime for that new Vampire live play/show...since it's NY, some familiar characters from the games will likely show up at some point.

https://www.twitch.tv/worldofdarkness

...at the same time as a goddamn new episode of Ancient Aliens Declassified though... I could catch the repeat of the aliens show though.

Just took a look at the stream. I dunno wtf those people are on that panel but they are the most boring cunts i have ever had the misfortune of wasting 45 seconds on.

Like if I had a gun and a coin, heads I shoot the panel or tails shoot myself? Either way I win.

2 hours ago, BornWinner said:

You’d be surprised.

Don’t care for the show, but they have some good jokes sometimes.

I was one of those people that were like "ThIs IsNt mY tEen TiTaNs" when Go was first announced and aired. But honestly the show is absolutely fucking brilliant. The entire series is a meta commentary love letter to DC as a whole and how goofy as fuck Comics are a whole.

They constantly make fun of Golden Age, Silver Age silliness and their constant media flubs while creating a throughline for each character. They also had an entire episode dedicated to Marv Wolfman and George Perez which was meta as fuck and I loved it. Without them there'd be no teen titans as we know it. So the episode is super special. Especially now with Perez no longer with us. 

Also a lot of the relationships are just genuinely endearing. I absolutely love Beast Boy and Raven's relationship in Go. It's a genuinely great show. I feel like if people actually gave it a chance and stopped being angry over it being a follow up to the show they loved (which it isn't. I still don't know where people got that idea from) they'd realize how brilliantly written the show is. You can also tell the voice cast has an absolute blast with the show. Nothing feels forced. 

Is there some overly obnoxious goofiness in it? Sure as shit there is. But what animated show doesn't? Especially the shit we grew up with like 80's TMNT, Thundercats, Transformers, GI Joe,  Care Bears, etc. I could go on and on. Honestly the shows we grew up with are arguably the greatest offenders of the stuff people get mad at titans go about. 

honestly, I feel most peoples main problem with it is that Cartoon Network over saturated their channel with it. I love the show but I don’t want 72 hour blocks of it. 

Edited by iStu X

I couldn't believe it.... today I found the movie LIFEFORCE on 4k!!!  I didn't even know that existed in 4k anywhere!  Ohhhh yeah that got snatched up immediately.  This other Best Buy I went to still has a good movie/tv section for some strange reason.  I also snagged 300 and The Thing.... so 3 amazing 4ks added to the collection just like that.  I'll definitely be back again some time later... they had some Star Wars movies, Black Panther and several other things of note I need to get in 4k....I already racked up a pricey bill just with the aforementioned three movies.  

Really, I'm still taken aback that a 4k version of Lifeforce was even a thing that's available... I figured that would only ever be on dvd and you'd probably have to order it online since it's a a bit obscure.... I think most people today either forgot that movie existed a long time ago or never heard of it in the first place.

On 6/30/2022 at 4:07 PM, misterBee said:

@zatalcon3, if ppl don't appreciate the shit you say, just don't say it anymore.  Whether you mean well or are just trolling, just quit it.  Some people appreciate it, but it seems like most people don't.  Just...get along with people and tone that shit down, especially if they're repeatedly asking you to stop. 

Bee, the people who have a problem with it are those who can't say shit afterwards. These are the same people who go around calling others (including me) retard and other forms of insults when they just don't like. Just take a look at the replies to Seth Vega, it is almost the same lines. I'm just telling some here they should date a fat girl. 

51 minutes ago, zatalcon3 said:

Bee, the people who have a problem with it are those who can't say shit afterwards. These are the same people who go around calling others (including me) retard and other forms of insults when they just don't like. Just take a look at the replies to Seth Vega, it is almost the same lines. I'm just telling some here they should date a fat girl. 

We hate B-Tiers dumb ass too. 😂
he’s been banned a shit ton for saying some dumb ass shit 

Edited by iStu X

F&F got another one, live on the show....she called her "bestie" to see what would happen..... this particular bit of "women calling the male best friend" will always be quality entertainment for me.  It's also fascinating to observe how some of them truly are that naive, that they think "Noooo he's my bestie!  We're like brother and sister, he would never...".  It's never the desired result, tbh.  No dude is walking around and sees some girl that is an 8 or 9 out of 10 on his personal hotness scale and thinks "ooh, I bet she'd be a great FRIEND and nothing more!"

Edited by MillionX

God fucking damnit Million. That lays the cringe pretty thick, lets not even speak about that fat thing on the right involved in a 'fresh and fit' group. The fuck is she thinking?

I gotta admit I watched past your time stamp and it just made me more and more angry lol, like these people surely arent real life? And the guy she phones up dear god. Thats some heavy heart bleeding bullshit he is on. This is the true face of the world for a lot of people. These toxic and unrealistic kinds  of relationships exist and this only proves Bill Burr more right the more I see this kinda shit, the sad true fact that 89% of the worlds population has to go. 🤔