Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

yeah on Trickster, I've also focused on that top skill tree since it's mostly about boosting the hell out of weapon damage.  On Pyro I've changed to using an "anomaly power" focused build so I've put all points into that bottom skill tree.....currently I'm using the volcanic eruption, overheat and thermal bomb as my setup for most situations....one mod boosts that eruption to be twice the normal radius on the explosion....and the damage you get on that is crazy.... any of the major enemies like those "warlord" or captains, whatever, they get hit all that shit right away.  I think one of the mods I have makes it so my weapon damage is then boosted for a certain period of time after volcano or general skill-usage....and it's something nice like 25%, I think.

*Pyro update -- I was able to finish the "Boom Town" expedition at least...that's one of the easy ones you tend to see first.  After some much-needed upgrades lately, the damage has improved quite a bit over what it was... so far I've seen my thermal bomb skill hit enemies for 20,000+... and I have a mod that increases the range of the explosion.  Pyro can lean on this particular skill for most of the game, actually... thermal bomb one of them, wait until it hits for a few ticks of damage then set that bastard off with Overheat.  It's funny seeing some other enemies desperately trying to run away from that guy as he's about to go nuclear.

checking my time on Outriders right now--- it's "3 days, 5 hours 43 min."....haha an old buddy from high school that's been on the game constantly, I see his time is listed as "9 days, 1 hour 34 min." 😆  that dude has been on there nearly all day every day since launch.

I like seeing the statistical breakdowns like this, btw... would be nice if all systems and games did this---apparently I've killed 13,121 enemies... 

Edited by MillionX

Wonder what that means for Overwatch. I hope whoever takes up the reins can give Overwatch 2 what it needs. I played OW1 for about a year and a half, and while I had a good time i felt Kaplan and Blizz ultimately dropped the ball on what they where trying to accomplish. OW promised a lot and failed to reach a lot of its potential imo. 

18 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

https://www.cbr.com/mortal-kombat-studio-demanded-new-fighter-cole-young/

"It was something the studio wanted," Russo told Inverse about the creation of Cole.

Well, blame WB for his addition.  

I am slightly more understanding of what the  writer/director had to work with.

This is extremely frustrating because regardless of whether Cole actually ended up good or not he wasn't necessary.  I thought that this was more a director thing cause in the past directors and producers always have their own 'visions' of things that they want to push on to stuff and throw fits if they can't have it exactly the way they want but this is potentially worse when a studio steps in that is potentially further removed from the project and makes demands on it.  They're lucky that most of the reviews so far have been decent/positive that I've seen so far.

Sonic 2 movie leaked to have Knux involved

https://www.cbr.com/sonic-the-hedgehog-2-set-photos-knuckles/

This might be kind of spoilery but I HIGHLY doubt that they're not going to put him in a trailer for it when they start making it.  I would have liked for them to have waited for the next movie or at least had him and the echidnas show up near the end of the 2nd movie to kinda of cliffhanger and set up for the 3rd but whatever we'll see how this goes.

Yeah, It's strange bc WB is usually less meddlesome in film compared to other studios (i.e the former 20th century Fox).

I think  thats why Chris Nolan was loyal to them for a long time (until the HBO Max movie/theatrical same release thing happened)

Plus, its a lower budget (40-50 M)  film. 

Budget and Director's creative control are usually inversely related.

7 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Sonic 2 movie leaked to have Knux involved

https://www.cbr.com/sonic-the-hedgehog-2-set-photos-knuckles/

This might be kind of spoilery but I HIGHLY doubt that they're not going to put him in a trailer for it when they start making it.  I would have liked for them to have waited for the next movie or at least had him and the echidnas show up near the end of the 2nd movie to kinda of cliffhanger and set up for the 3rd but whatever we'll see how this goes.

From Best Cyclops in some of the worst Supe movies ever, to the best character, hands down, in the first two seasons of Westworld, to... this.

Why, Marsden, just... why?

Edited by JHDK
Decided the question was not in fact rhetorical.

Outriders--- Pyro update; I spent more time on that character last night... up to world tier 8 now so I can get items that are level 35 now!  This is already beyond my Trickster in terms of item-levels at this point... so far I have the volcanic eruption power hitting for around 30k damage... I currently have 4 mods just for that ability (heh, yeah initially for the achievement but it's hard to let that go now) 

It's interesting... I think Pyro has an especially rough start in the early game, but once you are set with the full choice of powers and some decent gear, it turns out to be quite the monster... his weakness is still scenarios where you get swarmed by lots of enemies rushing in from all sides though.... fortunately he has the "phoenix resurrection" ability from the bottom skill tree; I don't think the other characters have anything like that at least.  As long as you can maintain distance you can wipe out entire rooms of enemies before they even get a chance to run up.

edit---I've been using a mod called "Bone Shrapnel" lately on this and my Trickster... it's easily one of the best in the game... makes enemies explode when killed, which does damage to any other enemies that happened to be near that one... it's free, easy extra damage on crowds and has that bonus of looking cool, of course.  I forgot the exact number at the moment but it's actually good damage...there's frequent situations where I kill 1 enemy, and the other one or 2 next to him die to the "bone fragments" explosion that happens.

Edited by MillionX

Sony accidentally reveals mysterious PlayStation Plus Video Pass 🤔

Looks like a new benefit for PS Plus members.

playstation-plus-video-pass.jpg

What you need to know

• A logo for something called "PlayStation Plus Video Pass" popped up on Sony's official Polish website.
  • The description read that it's a trial service available from April 21, 2021 through April 21, 2022.
  • The description also notes that it's available to PS Plus members in Poland, but it's unclear if there is a global rollout of some kind.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/sony-looks-set-to-announce-playstation-plus-video-pass/

8 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

I still can’t believe they’re really going to name him Herlock Sholmes.

After the leak last year, it’s great to finally have some information on the collection. I can’t wait till it comes out. Now if only we could get the Investigations series and the DS games to be re-released as well.

Well the Original 3 Ace Attorney games already got rereleased on Switch and PS4. The games that are currently missing on current systems are Ace Attorney 4 and 5, Apollo Justice, and as you mentioned Miles' Investigation games ( which I've heard not so great things about the 2nd game but eh...).  Hopefully if they sell enough of this game it will influence capcom to revisit the other games to be updated and maaaaaybe we can get some new games?  My wife loves the Ace Attorney series and I know fans have been waiting for a min for something new and most of the fanbase is on Ninty's platform so there's a good chance this may sell solidly.

15 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

Yeah, It's strange bc WB is usually less meddlesome in film compared to other studios (i.e the former 20th century Fox).

I think  thats why Chris Nolan was loyal to them for a long time (until the HBO Max movie/theatrical same release thing happened)

Plus, its a lower budget (40-50 M)  film. 

Budget and Director's creative control are usually inversely related.

Their DC films say otherwise.....

Edited by Darc_Requiem
5 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I enjoyed Pokémon Snap in the N64 days but $60 for it? I'll wait for the bargaining bin. Being a Nintendo game that means never.

It’s not a remake of the N64 version. It’s a new game from the ground up. 

7 hours ago, Hecatom said:

To anyone on PS4, make a backup of your shit, because the new update can potentially make you lose everything, right now i am battling to see if i can make that garbage work without needing a factory reset.

Is like sony cant go a fucking week without shitting the fucking bed

This might help: https://m.republicworld.com/technology-news/gaming/ps4-update-8-dot-50-error-su-42118-6-explained-how-to-fix-it-and-more.html

Sony really trying hard to get everyone on a PS5 😂

Edited by DoctaMario

So, I joined a friend's game session in Outriders last night, along with another dude... the one I mentioned previously that's been on there non-stop...of course they were doing Challenge Tier 15...and of course there was NO WAY I could hang with that shit 🤣  I was like Krillin trying to keep up with present-day God-level Goku and Vegeta....absolute insanity there... my damage was basically nothing to the enemies, and if they hit me once of course I was downed.... best thing I could do was cast that Slow Time bubble whenever it was off cooldown.  

...now the training montage episodes begin... my characters must ascend to higher power levels...  I intend to return in grand fashion as if I have achieved bankai 

Edited by MillionX
15 hours ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

Is that your way of telling him that there is not more to it than taking pictures?

Buy Synthetik.

Yeah, that is basically all there is. You travel preset rails, looking around and can interact via items with the pokemon to a degree (ie throw food they eat or throw item and they glow) but the Snap games are just trying to get the best pictures or the one you want.

I will snag one from Walmart later, I want that nostalgia high plus my nephew is young enough this might interest him or bread a photography itch in him.

6 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Sadly, that only works if you are unable to update the console.

I am in the camp that updated it fine but are now trapped on an endless loop of the console failing to start, making it obligatory to start on safe mode.

In safe mode, rebuilding the database doesnt do anything, the same for installing the update again via internet or usb.

In theory the only solution would be to install the whole thing from scratch, basically a factory reset, but that doesnt work either because you end having to do it again some time later.

It also kind of kills the disc drive, since it doesnt recognize shit on it, or eject any disc inside, and playing certain games is impossible.

So, Sony fucked up who knows how many hundreds of thousands of consoles with this update, and the number keeps increasing as the week progresses.

And btw, reporting the issue on the playstation reddit gets you downvoted to oblivion by the stupid fanboys 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Hecatom said:

Sadly, that only works if you are unable to update the console.

I am in the camp that updated it fine but are now trapped on an endless loop of the console failing to start, making it obligatory to start on safe mode.

In safe mode, rebuilding the database doesnt do anything, the same for installing the update again via internet or usb.

In theory the only solution would be to install the whole thing from scratch, basically a factory reset, but that doesnt work either because you end having to do it again some time later.

It also kind of kills the disc drive, since it doesnt recognize shit on it, or eject any disc inside, and playing certain games is impossible.

So, Sony fucked up who knows how many hundreds of thousands of consoles with this update, and the number keeps increasing as the week progresses.

And btw, reporting the issue on the playstation reddit gets you downvoted to oblivion by the stupid fanboys 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Well I'm glad you posted about this. Ill have to see if I can't delete the update. 

MGS Remake Rumor popping up...David Hayter says he's been hearing rumblings himself and believed it was rumor until he heard about it from a source that he says has been accurate with other leaks

https://wccftech.com/a-metal-gear-solid-remake-happening/

Regardless of hearing this, it's still rumor.  I'm having a hard time believing in this rumor because of where Konami is right now and even if the rumor was real I don't have any faith in it being any good unless Kojima is somehow involved.  Also this has a video direct to the interview with Hayter for those interested and it's nice hearing him do the voice range for snake from younger to older. 

1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

I'm surprised they're still saying several new monsters ASIDE from the 2. I had hoped that we'd get at least 5 in the first update but saying several makes it sound like more than 5 even. Here's hoping.

VGM Fridays!  Doing 2 posts today.  First contribution is going to MK focused because of obvious reasons.  Going to be a bit more than 5 in this post.

Spoiler

Yes...you're looking at the title for this video above correctly.   I'm not posting this because I think it's good to be honest..It's more so for the fact that is Gilbert Gottfried doing Techno Syndrome lol.  When he tries to do the roll call and gets to Johnny I fucking lost it.

Man...I really wish Dan and his crew would go back to what they were doing back to what they were doing during this era of music for the series.

Edited by Sonichuman
realized I wanted to put a gamechops mix in