Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

1 minute ago, DoctaMario said:

Hot take or valid criticism?

I see it as a bit of column a and a bit of column  b

Cost wise the Diskless PS5 is a better value hardware wise than ether Xbox Series S/X console. 
Xbox SeX has no exclusives yet, and there plans not to be any for 2 years. 

PS5 should of waited a bit before launch, and they need to fix this Cmos Trophy security thing. 
As for the PS3/PSP/Vita, let it die like how Nintendo killed the Wii/Wii U, so that people are more incline to hack the console.

14 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

I haven't seen anything yet that's made me feel like I need either of them, but the one thing Sony has always had over MS was exclusives and there really hasn't been anything announced that I'm excited about. 

I am rocking my PS4 Pro with the Samsung SSD.

And from the looks of it, I shall be doing so for the foreseeable future.

Sony offers zero motivation, and I have too large a catalog to jump ship to GamePassBox.

Fortunately, a not insignificant portion my aforementioned catalog, is backlog.

And I still have my Switch to fall back on.

And Odyssey, BotW, Octopath, 3 Houses, and Xenoblade 2 are all still backlog, too.

I am going to flip a coin, and start either Persona 5 Royal, or Vesperia, tomorrow.

Edited by JHDK
4 minutes ago, JHDK said:

Sony offers zero motivation, and I have too large a catalog to jump ship to GamePassBox.

Fortunately, a not insignificant portion my aforementioned catalog, is backlog.

And I still have my Switch to fall back on.

And Odyssey, BotW, Octopath, 3 Houses, and Xenoblade 2 are all still backlog, too.

Yeah I'm very happy with my ps4 and Switch. The one thing that made me consider a GamePass was the new Tetris Effect stuff that's been Microsoft exclusive and will be until this summer. At this point I can wait though. I just don't care about a lot of the big stuff MS has though. 

1 hour ago, JHDK said:

I would say this is a good spot to be in at the moment. Coming from a launch PS4 to the PS5 when playing Ghosts of Tsushima and GoW was astounding. Until they have more in the catalog besides remasters/upscaled PS4 games, I am hard pressed to recommend the unit for someone in your situation. 

I never bought a PS4 and I have no plans to buy a PS5.  I havent bought a console since PS3.  I think they have cool games but there are only a few that I want to play.  I'm one of those people that cant find a way to justify the price for entry though.  Im not willing to spend 300+ dollars to play 2 or 3 games. 

I still use my PS3 ever day.  I havent played a game on it in a while but its still a great media player.

Edited by Faltimar the Dark

Replaying RE4 has me really, really, REALLY nervous about Capcom remaking it. 

There's so many things about that game that in a vacuum seem dated and clunky, but do so much to define the experience and makes it classic. 

The biggest example is it having to stay put while shooting. It so important to the core of that games combat that being able to strafe would kind of ruin that game imho. 

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/04/19/playstation-store-on-ps3-and-ps-vita-will-continue-operations/

"Upon further reflection, however, it’s clear that we made the wrong decision here. So today I’m happy to say that we will be keeping the PlayStation Store operational for PS3 and PS Vita devices."

🤣

Edited by Faltimar the Dark
20 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/04/19/playstation-store-on-ps3-and-ps-vita-will-continue-operations/

"Upon further reflection, however, it’s clear that we made the wrong decision here. So today I’m happy to say that we will be keeping the PlayStation Store operational for PS3 and PS Vita devices."

🤣

This is great but it's a bandaid on the issue.  They need to find a way to have the games that are available digitally on the PS3 storefront available on the PS5 storefront to play and purchase.  That would fix a good chunk of the issue.  They need to start looking into whatever they gotta do to get those games converted to be playable on PS5 and it can help ease the resources they're eating by keeping those storefronts up.

ah, G4TV Gaming news is live now

Outriders stuff... Pyro is really coming along now; I'm getting into the general style of how the character should be played, and it's great.  Devastator continues to be another easy one; I'm up to about level 15 or so as of this early morning... I've been able to actually play world tier 5 or 6 so far in story with him.  This is obviously the way to go, I realize now... since the higher tiers grant you items and gear that is a certain # of levels beyond where you are currently... so like at level 15 I could get level 17 or 18 weapons, for example, which in turn makes it ultimately easier to handle increasingly difficult world tiers.  

Also, I got this legendary assault rifle as Pyro recently...it has a mod that makes lightning strike the enemies I'm shooting.  This gun is every bit as ridiculously strong as it sounds, and of course I'm loving it.  The lightning does serious damage too... I've noticed it hitting for about 1,100 or so damage on top of the damage from the bullets it's shooting. 😆

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, KingTubb said:

There's so many things about that game that in a vacuum seem dated and clunky, but do so much to define the experience and makes it classic. 

The biggest example is it having to stay put while shooting. It so important to the core of that games combat that being able to strafe would kind of ruin that game imho. 

Any modernizing of the game based on the established setup (engine or controls) will make the game feel too different and not RE4. Having said that, if the game is remade fully from the ground up, then it might be different enough to make it work BUUUUT, would it still be "RE4"?

this is a game that has this issue...change it too much and it won't feel like what we all enjoyed initially, change it too little and people wonder why even bother remaking it in the first place.

10 minutes ago, TheInfernoman said:

if the game is remade fully from the ground up, then it might be different enough to make it work BUUUUT, would it still be "RE4"?

Exactly.

They rode this line perfectly for REmake 2. I never played OG 3, but i thought REmake 3 was great. 

But RE4 is such a hybrid, that giving it more freedom or movement in fights would dramatically change it. 

Example I can thing of:

Spoiler

I played the section in the castle where you have to cover ashley as she raises the platforms out of the water so you can exit the room. While you cover her, additional enemies start to attack you on the lower level, so it becomes this balancing act of covering ashley while covering your own ass. If I could just WALK while shooting, this whole segment would lose all of the tension. 

I'm really interested on what they do. I hope they knock it out of the park, but it's going to be really tough to do that. 

Sony realized they done fucked up 

“Posted by Jim Ryan

Recently, we notified players that PlayStation Store for PS3 and PS Vita devices was planned to end this summer. 

Upon further reflection, however, it’s clear that we made the wrong decision here. So today I’m happy to say that we will be keeping the PlayStation Store operational for PS3 and PS Vita devices. PSP commerce functionality will retire on July 2, 2021 as planned. 

When we initially came to the decision to end purchasing support for PS3 and PS Vita, it was born out of a number of factors, including commerce support challenges for older devices and the ability for us to focus more of our resources on newer devices where a majority of our gamers are playing on. We see now that many of you are incredibly passionate about being able to continue purchasing classic games on PS3 and PS Vita for the foreseeable future, so I’m glad we were able to find a solution to continue operations.

I’m glad that we can keep this piece of our history alive for gamers to enjoy, while we continue to create cutting-edge new game worlds for PS4, PS5, and the next generation of VR.

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us – we’re always listening and appreciate the support from our PlayStation community. ”

Edited by iStu X
1 hour ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

🤣

I am on a whatssap group, where most of the members are like 20 something younger than me, we used to be a Destiny clan, but after everyone got bored we remained as online friends

The reason why i brought this up is because it is sad to see the apathy of the young members of the group to this thing, plus the cmos bomb.

They dont see a problem with it and dont understand the huge problem that those 2 things are, and why people are mad about it, even saying is not a big deal.

One dude was arguing with me that it was just a matter of using an emulator on PC, for PS3 and PSP.

Failing to see the idiocy of needing to use emulation to play the digital games you bough on ps3, because your console couldnt play it due a dumb cmos battery that died due a faili in design.

Same for other kid that compared the cmos problem to having a graphics card dying on you.

This is why those companies keep getting away with this shit.

Kids now dont care they dont really own the games

SMFH

For me the CMOS battery isnt such a big issue.  I dont have a problem opening up my PS3 and replacing it.  Its still something they should have avoided or let people know about before buying the damn thing.  But you know, DRM.  I wonder if they can do something to patch it out or whatever?

I think its cool that they're keeping the store up for PS3 and Vita but I also dont care cause I dont use the PSN store for anything.  It cant last forever and I never expected it to.  Sony did listen to that backlash though and they changed that shit up fast. 

6 hours ago, KingTubb said:

Yea it's gonna be like RE2 and 3 remake where is basically a whole new game. I get what yoy are saying and if they where updating 4 i would 100% agree bit they arent. They are remaking it. The standing still thing wont be the issue it would be for hormal 4 because the reat of 4remake is going to be different to. 

They really shouldn't be remaking 4. 

Edit: That's cool the PStores are staying up. Glad I didn't panic buy anything. 

The CMOS battery thing is an issue and people should complain, but it doesn't bother me personally because I am more then capable of replacing it myself. I've taken my PSPs and Vita apart as well as many of my consoles so I don't have a problem doing that to my 3 or my 4 or my 5 either. I think the issue blown a bit out of proportion because people keep making it sound like it can't be fixed when it absolutly can, easily and pretty cheaply to. 

Still an issue and Sony should knock it off. While it's an easy to fix issue you just shouldn't have to. Shouldn't have to Phoenix my consoles like they are an Arcade board lmao. 

Edited by RSG3

Don't remember if anyone posted an update on the CMOS issue with the PS5

Highlights:

• Physical PS4 games apparently work without the battery and an internet connection, ironically considering the same is not true for actual PS4s.
  • Physical PS5 games are a mixed bag. Some work and are playable, others won't even install, more testing will be done there
  • Digital PS5 games will straight up not work (particularly bad for the PS5 digital edition)
  • All issues were fixed as soon as they reinstalled the battery and connected to the servers again, so it wasn't a botched removal that caused these issues

I've been seeing that Sheeva has been a terror in MK11 for the past couple of months...mostly through vids showing up in my feed with strats specifically dealing with her stomp and people making sheeva stompers rage quit.  Apparently there was a recent online tourney where a Sheeva player literally stomped out the competition.  SMH

So anyway

Extra

Also NoA is suing the Gary Bowser...the guy the arrested last year for the Switch Hacks

https://www.ign.com/articles/nintendo-of-america-and-its-president-doug-bowser-are-suing-hacker-gary-bowser

They hitting this man with 11 felony counts

"Nintendo is looking to shut down Bowser's operations and for damages that equate to $2,500 for each trafficked device and $150,000 for each copyright violation."

18 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I've been seeing that Sheeva has been a terror in MK11 for the past couple of months...mostly through vids showing up in my feed with strats specifically dealing with her stomp and people making sheeva stompers rage quit.  Apparently there was a recent online tourney where a Sheeva player literally stomped out the competition.  SMH

So anyway

Extra

I'm fuzzy on how tough sheva is. I've seen a lot of videos of people backdashing and punishing stomp spammers, but in lag I imagine that's nigh impossible. I'm trying to remember if her stomp was.blockable in MK3 or not. 

4 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

I'm fuzzy on how tough sheva is. I've seen a lot of videos of people backdashing and punishing stomp spammers, but in lag I imagine that's nigh impossible. I'm trying to remember if her stomp was.blockable in MK3 or not. 

If I recall correctly Sheeva's stomp is unblockable.  Sheeva couldn't delay the stomp or change the trajectory of the stomp to either be more to the left or right in those games though like this one.   There's a lot of things people can do aside from dashing but ever time she goes in the air it's a guessing game on when she comes down and whether she may go more to the left or right.  Essentially you gotta make the sheeva player guess and hit her with the hardest punish you can so that hopefully you'll come out ahead through all the guesses.   Some characters have specific moves that counter the sheeva stomp spam strat too.

3 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

I loved Automata so wondering about this remake/remaster. I got a bit of a backlog, so it'll be a while anyway. 

It was PS4, right?

Why would  you pay $60~$70 for a remaster this soon, even if you liked it enough to put a ring on it?

Remasters are past getting stupid, into full-on pants-on-head levels of derp.

Edited by JHDK
8 minutes ago, JHDK said:

It was PS4, right?

Why would  you pay $60~$70 for a remaster this soon, even if you liked it enough to put a ring on it?

Remasters are past getting stupid, into full-on pants-on-head levels of derp.

Automata was the most recent game. The one coming out this week is a remaster/remake of the game that came before it. The nature of its existence is what's keeping me from getting it on day one. 

11 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

If I recall correctly Sheeva's stomp is unblockable.  Sheeva couldn't delay the stomp or change the trajectory of the stomp to either be more to the left or right in those games though like this one.   There's a lot of things people can do aside from dashing but ever time she goes in the air it's a guessing game on when she comes down and whether she may go more to the left or right.  Essentially you gotta make the sheeva player guess and hit her with the hardest punish you can so that hopefully you'll come out ahead through all the guesses.   Some characters have specific moves that counter the sheeva stomp spam strat too.

Turning it into a guessing game is dumb. At least Jaqui just had/has really good buttons but you have to know how to use them. I guess you could parry it, I haven't seen anyone try that, but that's still pretty risky.

this Outriders addiction is somethin' serious, folks.... so now I'm playing certain parts of story again on higher world tiers just to get better loot, since the higher you go, the better it is, obviously. (*yeah, there's also the Expeditions but the story areas are significantly easier to do on higher difficulties once you are 30 or close to it... Expeditions START off as complete insanity to a character that is "fresh" into the endgame).. I'm up to world tier 7 at this point with the Pyromancer, after having beat the final boss with him a couple of days ago (though that final boss is still quite ridiculous, imo... I had to turn it alllll the way down to world tier ONE just to finish it with Pyro...of course my build was nowhere near fully optimized or great at the time so that explains some of that situation...) So...now I'm getting stuff that's like level 33 or so while my character is level max of 30.

I'd love it if they added at least 1 more character class to this... I see that they already have the major rpg archetypes covered (rogue/assassin, mage, warrior/tank person, ranged dps.)...I just always like as many character class options as possible.  I mentioned on another board that a character with Dark Matter or "Shadow magic" would be cool... like imagine a "shadow step" for a teleport or movement ability, or summoning creature allies made out of the shadow/dark matter... or suffocating enemies with "Enveloping Darkness" attacks, swirling black cloud/shadow effects, a conjured shadow sword, or dark clones of yourself, etc. etc.

Edited by MillionX
4 hours ago, MillionX said:

this Outriders addiction is somethin' serious, folks....

Hell yeah, dude. I can only play for a couple hours at night, and with my mom visiting I haven't been able to play much this last week. So I'm going at a much slower pace with it.  Can't wait to get to the endgame and excitement with the different trickster builds. So for I've been focusing on the upper skill path. I've been using the two movement skills Hunt the Prey and Borrowed Time, both of which buff damage to Twisted Rounds. Been getting some crazy DPS so far.

27 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

So is he avalibale or not? 

Because i am trying to download it on the PSN, I have the season pass, but i am unable to, since it appears as not able to purchase yet 😕

people on twitch have him so i guess he's out i was hype but i suck really hard at charge characters. if your having problems and your playing on ps5  you have to restart the system the rest mode doesn't play nice with granblue sometimes.