Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

4 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

It doesn't seem to be a big deal. Doing a simple Google search on her doesn't bring up any of it. Gotta dig a little deep to get it.

Which is why I didn't feel the need to make a specific call out about it. She doesn't do it anymore and you have to actually go searching for it specifically for the most part so there wasn't much reason to go into any kind of detail. She used to do other work, now she does YouTube reviews and retrospectives was the extent of the point of my comment. I specifically didn't want to derail the thread with it. 

Edited by RSG3

Sony and Squeenix: HEY GUYS CHECK OUT THIS REMASTERING OF THIS MOVIE THAT WE'RE PUTTING IN ULTRA HIGH DEF 4K!!!

Me:...aight

Sony and Squeenix: *puts out a 10 minute preview of the movie in 1080P*

Me:.....Are you guys doing this on purpose?   No seriously....

Ever since this was pointed out to me earlier regarding FF7 Intergrade I'm noticed it with this now.  You're not selling the point of this remaster.

ok yeah---on youtube, I've seen builds for Pyro that focus on anomaly powers that are straight up ridiculous.  I've already changed things around to focus on powers again...I have a mod that makes it so I can do Heatwave and Thermal Bomb each twice before their cooldowns start.  My 3rd power choice so far is Overheat...as long as I don't let enemies get close of course the results are niiiice.  Just like the typical "wizard" archetype in an rpg, if enemies are allowed to get too close, Pyro is probably going to die.

Really, I would've given Pyro at least 1 movement skill...not necessarily a long-range teleport like Trickster but perhaps a fiery quick dash  in whatever direction.

My Pyro is only 24 now, and I have a Devastator that's level 11 or so....haha I named my Devastator "GOLGOTHAN"....really leaning into the "shit demon" character theme once again. 😆

6'9" Cosplaying Olympian Is Now Resident Evil's Tall Vampire Lady

pq1umztmpuzbkbcjw9jb.jpg

This is Yekaterina Lisina, a bronze medal-winning Olympian with the Russian basketball team, and now model, with what is surely the most 1:1 cosplay possible of Resident Evil’s Lady Dimitrescu.

video: https://www.instagram.com/p/CMswg2QhrB3/

"Sexy photoset? Topless content" "I assure you they will pay $$" 😂

video: https://www.instagram.com/p/CNtD9pDBV2m/

166182139_5444997195540441_7244503015727

https://www.instagram.com/p/CM8lnCYna-L/

4 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Avengers is fine if u stick purely to the campaign mode.....its when u try all that other shit that the game gets sketchy 

Well, that depends, because playing the campaign doesnt net you enough ability points to unlock most of the skills for the characters, which for what most people who actually "liked" the game, says that its combat is the best thing, specially now that they nerfed the ability points gain.

And there is also the fact that during the campaign you dont play much chars like Thor for example.

I know some people here like Kamala, but most people dont really care about her or actually dislike her, and having an Avengers game focused on her is a turnoff.

Hot take or valid criticism?

https://www.techradar.com/news/ps5-isnt-good-value-compared-to-xbox-series-x-and-im-sick-of-it

Not gonna lie, if it wasn't for the 4K Blu-ray capability, it'd be a paperweight as I am playing mostly PS4 games (although they look better).. I rather play my titles on a dedicated unit but since my PC can run most titles now, I am somewhat intrigued by the Microsoft Game Pass option. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124
1 hour ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

https://www.techradar.com/news/ps5-isnt-good-value-compared-to-xbox-series-x-and-im-sick-of-it

Not gonna lie, if it wasn't for the 4K Blu-ray capability, it'd be a paperweight as I am playing mostly PS4 games (although they look better).. I rather play my titles on a dedicated unit but since my PC can run most titles now, I am somewhat intrigued by the Microsoft Game Pass option. 

Valid criticism. The advantage Sony has over MS is games and by having such a barren release schedule they've given MS an opening. If Sony doesn't have exclusives then what's their advantage? Especially with Jim Ryan calling up Don Mattrick for advice.

27 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

The advantage Sony has over MS is games and by having such a barren release schedule they've given MS an opening.

I think MS knows that they can't beat them in the hardware game. They found a chink in the armor and are going to exploit it. Had a conversation with my brother last night about getting a subscription just so we can complete the GOW4 and GOW5 campaigns together. 

Sony is gonna have a problem if the supply shortage continues. People ask me often if the console was worth the buy.  I had a base PS4 so it is in that sense. If I had a PS4 Pro, I'd honestly have sold it by now and just waited until there is a better supply of content. I've been giving my Switch the most play time as of late. On that same note: 

X-IxoK4lYVeDpvsMn6c2OcQB7fD1rXp8vFiOpB_F

It's certainly not perfect, but I enjoyed the hell out of it and happy to get back on it without firing up the PS3. All I need now is Metal Gear Rising Revengeance and the Transformer games (War/Fall of Cybertron) to get a release and the PS3 is no longer useful.   

4 hours ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

valid criticism

100% valid. Sony is taking all L’s in the vein of Xbox when it debuted the Xbone. Sony seemed all on board with basically copying Xbox but making it better but now with how they’re handling the shutting down of the Vita/PSP/PS3 eshops they’re taking massive L’s left and right. it also reminds me when every baulked at the PS3 price and thought Sony was insane.

The rumblings have been that during E3 week Sony is going to be doing a Playststion Direct where they reveal a service extremely similar to game pass that will start during holiday season of this year. That way their unit and attachment sales go up. 

Id still rather have a PS5 than a Xbox SEX but it’s purely based on Sony’s track record since the PS3. Piss poor first few years and then they hit their stride around mid-year 2 dropping amazing games left and right.

While Xbox will likely do nothing except keep building Game Pass because apparently buying companies for billions of dollars for clout is essentially ass wipe money to them. 

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if Phil Spencer ends up revealing they’ve bought a shit ton of Japanese indie studios or a major publisher/dev like Xseed or NIS 

Edited by iStu X
1 hour ago, iStu X said:

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if Phil Spencer ends up revealing they’ve bought a shit ton of Japanese indie studios or a major publisher/dev like Xseed or NIS 

A better move will be for Spencer to pick up the developers that left or got let go from Sony's Japan Studio. They were a very creative group and can develop unique games for Xbox.

Edited by Hawkingbird
8 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

A better movie will be for Spencer to pick up the developers that left or got let go from Sony's Japan Studio. They were a very creative group and can develop unique games for Xbox.

Oh yeah, for sure. Didn’t even think of that. 

I'm pretty pleased with my PS5 so far. Demon's Souls Remake was worth getting it alone. And the boost to Destiny is HUGE. Coming from the PS4 Pro locked at 30 fps with a narrow FoV and stupid load times to 60 fps with adjustable FoV and super fast load times is like playing a completely different game. 

Edited by Chadouken
Fat thumbs.
17 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Director who left Sony Bend says don't complain about no sequel to Days Gone if you didn't buy it full price, also states that metacritic is everything to Sony

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/days-gone-lead-says-dont-complain-if-theres-no-sequel-if-you-didnt-buy-it-full-price/

https://wccftech.com/days-gone-director-john-garvin-says-metacritic-score-is-everything-to-sony/

Game made money, Sony didn't green light the sequel. Man's a dumbass. Attacking your consumer base is a surefire way to lose sales, not gain them. I'm glad I didn't buy his dime a dozen post apocalyptic zombie game and I'll be sure to avoid anything else he makes in the future.

Edit: As a follow up. I know I'm not the only one here that has bought a game at discount, become a fan of the series, and bought several games in the franchise. Yakuza being prime example. I snagged Yakuza Kiwami for $20 in Best Buy on a lark and I've bought every subsequent game in the series, except Yakuza 7, at full price. And I only passed on that because I need to finish 3, 4, and 5. Oh and I bought Judgment day one as well. TLDR; Clown doesn't know how business works. Fuck that guy.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

The problem with the PS5 is supply and content. I honestly think Sony could have waited to release it in March of this year and been fine. Given how much of a struggle it has been to get a system. 

The pandemic probably hurt them but I feel even if things hadn't gone down Sony wasn't really prepping for a Switch like deluge. Although they probably would have had more exclusives ready if they had faith in the player base plus the supply numbers being high enough for their big games.

5 hours ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

I haven't seen anything yet that's made me feel like I need either of them, but the one thing Sony has always had over MS was exclusives and there really hasn't been anything announced that I'm excited about. 

That said Microsoft is taking an interesting path this generation, but I suppose if most people are on computers with their OS on it, they don't have to sell as many consoles as Sony does. 

Edited by DoctaMario